The 4th Uprising - "To My Narod Slaski"

I played a good level in my younger days. And always wanted to do my coaching badges but ended up working away on oil n gas lines. But now am 30 it’s time to probably give my badges some serious thought!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I played a good level in my younger days. And always wanted to do my coaching badges but ended up working away on oil n gas lines. But now am 30 it’s time to probably give my badges some serious thought!

A change of career is daunting, but it is best to do something you love.

I changed careers from Warehouse Worker and Supervisor to High School Social Studies Teacher a few years ago and I'm much older than you!

44 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

You should! 

34 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

A change of career is daunting, but it is best to do something you love.

I changed careers from Warehouse Worker and Supervisor to High School Social Studies Teacher a few years ago and I'm much older than you!

Well I was a painter to start with then moved to oil and gas and now am a supervisor so I have a great job and I love it. But coaching would be a passion on the side. I plan to work till 40 so it could well be possible if I done the badges now to build towards it 

The 4th Uprising - To My Narod Slaski

1351925983_ChorzowHeader.png.7332ba3cd3b2ad328e93143c0e408b1a.png

Between A Rock In A Hard Place

Ruch Buchala is halfway into his first season at this prestigious Polish powerhouse that has fallen on bad times. He currently finds his team in good fettle but finds himself frustrated at a lack of consistency which you will be amazed to find when you see his results. What he was really getting at was the lack of consistency from players game to game and more so picking up his tactical ideas and philosophy. In a recent interview he was praised for trying to play the game the right way and he did praise his players saying they had bought into the ideas, but on the side lines he has often stood out as a frustrated man, but I would just appear after the interview this is more due to the fact that he is a perfectionist at heart.

6ac7fa3bf961709a79297323acbee36a.png

6 games into the league campaign and things are looking good goals are flowing and the defence seems to be tight enough, my only concern at this point was mainly our deep build up play. I found the defenders going long all too often and this is when the tinkering began. The 0-0 draw provided me the right timing to start taking the systems up a notch and start hammering home the philosophy, by now the players had their chance to bed into it.

06eb10ee605dea74467baab80e480cfc.png

The first tweaks to the original system seen me experiment asymmetrically for the first time in my whole entire FM career. I have a thing about symmetry so this had held me back, but its required for my overall goal which we will get to. Now I have a DLP dropping to get on the ball this will help the build-up phase, and now with the shape being lopsided its clear as day that I will look to overload the left-hand side before creating 1v1 or 2v1 in our favour on the right-hand side.

2d0f97f035876149a58ab0909ce28eb3.png

A nice game indeed to start to tweak things, Our arch rivals second team and with it being them the game is moved to the Stadion Slaski. The redeveloped former national stadium located in Chorzów gives the third division quite the arena.

348b7539209e852e5776e2d1640424f7.png

Gornik were blown away 3-0 to maintain the unbeaten start to the season, however the build up phase was still not quite perfect with still the occasional long ball, where as the overloading was now looking much more threating. The inverted wing back was really helping overload the left hand half space and offered a good recycling option and the shadow striker and Inside forward often found themselves in key areas to cause damage. early signs of improvement.

0c2b5081ea73a0575e9abc1755612955.png

A three game period against teams who had also had good starts to the season, a convincing 3-1 was followed by a poor 0-0 which prompted a few more tweaks to the system which then lead to quite the game! A mad 5-3, in which Ruch lead 5-0 at half time.

4423adb87f1912d76baca05e653d45a1.png

A clear increase in attacking presence after the tweaks below, A lot more shots to be had but interestingly not a lot of great chances created so things still need slight tweaking but on the whole I was happy with the attacking play, it was now more about the defensive shape.

582465f7de724fcb6fc35ede73eb8da8.png

Attacking mentality added to try push the attacking side but did lead to us overcommitting slightly at times. second half subs didn’t help matters. Overlap and underlaps came into boost overloads and rotations, but I learnt a lot in this game and was happy enough for the time being to now look at building a second system.

5a10d402d4034c342a38f6f786a95311.png

5cafb6d526256d59ad49dae8c341f2da.png

The base shape had been sitting in the background for some time and now it was time to add some of our instructions and roles to the tactic and give it a try. I think it’s probably already apparent even at this stage who I drew on for inspiration for this one. A resounding 4-0 victory but there was still plenty work to be done, But against the favourites for the league it did help spur me on with the shape and ideas behind it.

Najstarsze Derby

p1ehrjje1qno7jb51phngbk1lpq3.jpg.c693b2db2691b00d556d012dab4db1c5.jpg

Ruch-ChorzowPolonia-Bytom.jpg.108a62f916f87066c8363af0a592bfc4.jpg

Ruch Buchala's first taste of a full Silesian derby was just around the corner

702817bc41b1546d2ae3ce18e67d420f.png

125d69e8ed1b9994857939304d3fd5f4.png

7e178564458c923b421f16a1a7a07902.png

Both teams were in good form, and it would be in front of a sell-out crowd in Bytom. "I was born in this part of Poland so I know truly how much these games mean to the fans I will be installing how vital this is to my players come 15.00 we will be ready to go to war side by side together into a Silesian battle "

27b625379c6f3a46e7a7aa61b0523573.png

Unfortunately, the game never lived up to the much-anticipated meeting of the big rivals in the division. The fans were on Buchala's back they wanted blood and he hadn’t delivered and Buchala himself was left with much to ponder after his side looked tactically blunt even when switching to his more trusted system. Back to his beloved training pitch it would appear.

7351ceb015ef79ea73b007ae4a7bb44e.png

The first record has fallen, in terms of the glorious history of this club nothing to get extremely excited about but it’s always nice to get in the record books!

bde00042b4b0813e8f4c74ce09d784b6.png

Buchala would now go up against his former club, a club very close to his heart and a set of fans he had much love and respect for having spent the best part of his career leading the line for them. It would certainly be an emotional occasion one that he hoped the fans would remember all he done for them.

ee914a4efd8a658a75bd301484fae6c6.png

2e1e5e1c2df5d2dbc503b15dbd4cf108.gif

Ruch and Roland would come out on top, but it took a pinpoint strike from Mokrzycki to spilt the sides. ROW's game plan had worked up till this point frustrating their old manager and yet again forcing him to look to the tactical aspect of his 433 system. large parts of possession but wasted by missed timed runs or bad final balls. Defensively the set up seems a lot more secure after the addition of a half back role.

380428d4ea7b6b6d1062647c54c7b599.png

Team record now comes as the sixteen-game mark is reached, again this would be more impressive in the topflight where this mighty club truly belongs.

2880a18bc250e3212ac56ea593315828.png

18 unbeaten and the league is looking like a 2 or maybe 3 horse race. yes, I know what you’re thinking he is saying he is frustrated. like I stated earlier it’s not about results it was more about translating my ideas into the game I wasn’t seeing the combinations I wanted to see at first but now I am. This will all be covered in my full tactical post in the next few days I am almost complete with my half season analysis, and I now have the two systems fully operational and are starting to show signs of the positional play philosophy. 

Thanks for being patient I usually update more frequently but due to starting in the lower reaches it will be a larger area of the game covered in one update in the interest of game speed. I hope to still pack it of a storyline and how I actually play the game and interwind them together to keep it interesting. Up next will be a look at the systems in greater detail and some training and player development updates hopefully it will be here before next Sunday!

Thanks, SixPointer

Good stuff and looking forward to the more detailed tactical write up. One thing this post makes me think - playing the lower leagues (even if I was just doing Italian Serie C!) actually made me focus very hard on the roles/duties/TIs and how they all gelled to make the team play the way I wanted them to.

Sometimes when you get top players, they just do the things you want because they’re top players, but when you have to get less talented players to do well, you have to set up the tactic just right - they don’t just produce moments of magic for you! I spent my first season with Livorno very frustrated even though we were top or close to it, but then the tactic I came up with was very carefully crafted at every level - even as its continued to evolve.

Looks like you’re onto something here!

2 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Good stuff and looking forward to the more detailed tactical write up. One thing this post makes me think - playing the lower leagues (even if I was just doing Italian Serie C!) actually made me focus very hard on the roles/duties/TIs and how they all gelled to make the team play the way I wanted them to.

Sometimes when you get top players, they just do the things you want because they’re top players, but when you have to get less talented players to do well, you have to set up the tactic just right - they don’t just produce moments of magic for you! I spent my first season with Livorno very frustrated even though we were top or close to it, but then the tactic I came up with was very carefully crafted at every level - even as its continued to evolve.

Looks like you’re onto something here!

Definitely agree with this! Although I have seen a few moments of magic! Ive started to get the play I am wanting to see working on the final system has got me stuck between a couple of ideas as I look to try keep it varied enough to offer slightly different threats 

A very solid start there, and fantastic winner against ROW!

Question - in your 4-4-2 (with the SS) don't you think it would work better with the winger on the side of the SS and the IF paired up with the DLF? That's what I would have thought anyway.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

A very solid start there, and fantastic winner against ROW!

Question - in your 4-4-2 (with the SS) don't you think it would work better with the winger on the side of the SS and the IF paired up with the DLF? That's what I would have thought anyway.

It certainly does in the third system it’s built like this. But at this one the thinking is to have them both attacking the space on the right with the Dlf dropping to the overload side and the shadow striker drifting in as the main striker as he has roam from position and the inside forward stay wider to stretch the play. In this form it makes for some nice rotations and lovely one twos at the edge off the area. This system isn’t the final picture as well their has been a slight tweak in midfield. 

the quick answer is it’s more about the positioning of the DLF that matters more as I want him overloading the left channel with the winger stretching the pitch and then mez and IWB joining in half space domination 

Edited by SixPointer

Posted (edited)

The 4th Uprising - To My Narod Slaski 

1501815343_ChorzowHeader.png.cc2324e4576ea6faddc0fbdc842c880e.png

The Masterplan Part One

I previously stated that I wanted to play a brand of positional football, which in short terms is about gaining superiority over the opponent threw player positioning at certain phases of play. There are a few types of superiorities that can be created in this way.

1. Numerical Superiority
  2. Positional Superiority
  3. Qualitative Superiority

Numerical superiority simply put is about overloading areas of the pitch to outnumber the opponent in a certain zone, therefore giving advantage as there is a spare man to receive the ball. Positional superiority means the team that is better positioned will have the benefits of time and space and create more chances to score.  It's that simple. and finally Qualitative Superiority is about isolating players against weaker opponents who they have superior skillset and when positioned against them have more superiority for example a quick winger against a slower defender.

Another key component of the style of play is the third man looking to get men free in behind the opponents line of pressure.

"The Third Man is simply a player who is free, unmarked by a defender and able to receive the ball.  If the Third Man also has the space, time, and ability to progress the ball beyond the opponents line of pressure toward the opponent's goal then they are also the Free Man. In a nutshell, TMC is simply about using rapidly circulating possession of the ball to attract and draw in opposing players in order to find free players intentionally positioned in open and dangerous spaces further away from the ball.  To do this, there must first be intentional progressions of movement involving players with the ball and those without the ball so that supporting triangular passing lines are created and maintained"

a03e7a6ae6716cebe394306dba4c4108.png

Translating this style of football into FM is by far the toughest challenge ive set myself mainly because of the level I am playing. It’s a long-term goal but I feel I already have grasped some key elements early on. This is why am already wanting to do a small tactical update as if I set the stall out early it will allow me to ramp up game time which has been slow due to research and development of my style. I will break all three of the systems into there own post mixed in through the first couple seasons. This tactic covers the majority results in the first half of the season.

System Overview

29d36b0b14975553dfa3a5efa42300c4.png

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out my base for the first system. More or less a carving copy of Pep's Barcelona system. I have been toying with a few role changes, mostly the false 9 becoming a Treq and RPM becoming a MEZ and LWB becoming Inverted but this is the most consistent shape and was the tactic for the game analysis that will follow. 

Aggressive passing football is the key here. Attacking mentality shows the intent from the outset. A few key team instructions should help offset the mentality to get the desired effect of passing football with intent and circulation to move the opponent around leading to a free man often referred to third man concept.

• Building up from the back using the playing out from defence instruction coupled with the Half Back dropping in to make a 3 and the wing backs pushing higher and wider creating La Salida Lavolpiana already gives us an overload in the first line of build up.
  • The RPM and Mezzala will offer passing options into the centre both can offer a pendulum of being first attacker or being the third man. The False 9 dropping also gives a option as a second attacker.
  • Onto the wings and the Inside forwards both offer options as the second third man and will look to me the main source of my goals.

In terms of creating overloads, rotations and passing triangles, the Midfield 3 and the false 9 should create a nice diamond in the middle of the pitch to offer many passing options. while the overlapping wing back on the right should create plenty 2v1 situations with his inside forward which the RPM should join in as he will often be the first man to be found in a switch of play. The left hand side should see the Mezzala drift wide and underlap and combine nicely with the wingback and inside forward to allow us to either outnumber the opponent. This way I have 3 combinations off overloads I have my central diamond overload, I have my wide left combination that sees the mezzala join the wide men. On the right my wingback is more attacking and the overlap should see him become a constant threat.

1932a2c83524dc2018d4cba8335dc941.jpg

The 4-0 game against Zaglebie Lublin 2 provides all the in-game analysis. Here you can already see the basic build up shape in full effect. Half back has dropped into outnumber the attacker, The wing backs push high to join the wingers in overloading the flanks. The Mezzala already drifting into the overload as the ball is on his side while the other side keeps its width, and through the middle you can see the diamond shape.

10d5603c7c6f3ee0769e7f61a243111b.gif

The move in flow, some nice sharp ball circulation sees the RPM become the first attacker then the Mezzala drops in to be the third man before offloading back to the RPM who then finds the second third man The inside forward who now has a 1v1 nothing comes off his run and cross, but the build-up is easy on the eye and most importantly effective.

bd5964518b97fa5d8adda6b6c38a01bf.jpg

Now a look at the shape when the False 9 gets on the ball in the right-hand half space, Notice the yellow box the left-hand side overload is still intact for if the play is switched. The right hand the overload is yet to advance up the pitch, but the deep shape of the diamond and triangles offers many passing options to the F9. All the passing lanes are clearly marked its already clear how important the HB(6) RPM(8) MEZ(7) are to ball circulation with a vast array of options. This also shows a clear route of how the ball can be switched at ease either long or short.

7b002ee5815879329f071e5621bd8971.gif

As the move continues a key element you must look out for is the rotation of movement on the right, as the inside forward now moves inside the wing back advances to be the man to stretch the play as the false 9 advances to become a focal point higher up. This small rotation of three players is crucial in our combinations. The ball is passed around the midfield and then played through the lines to the wing back, the full back now has a choice leave the inside forward in the half space or leave the wing back. Again, final ball was poor. But the movement is there.

0f1016a548f7decb720cf80887af7ffa.gif

Now for some left hand side action a simple shot here, as the ball advances down the left the Inside forward(18) and Mezzala(7) overload the full back in turns this allows the half back to find the mezzala in space in behind the defensive line. The cross is good but false 9 cant find the net.

de4cc62916ce1f962718d405d8cc504e.gif

As spoke about earlier with the superiorities here is my example of them all coming together in the build-up. The numerical superior on the left allows build up to advance, before qualitive superiority allows the RPM to have ability to pass his great ball as he’s better than the defensive mid he’s 1v1 with. positional superiority is then complete as the positioning of the team allows us to then gain advantage on the right-hand side with two players with space and time. A fantastic switch of play works wonders unfortunately my RWB isn’t Danny Alves and doesn’t possess the ability to beat his man.

01ef77b925027a45d5f4d6880be96dc0.gif

This clip is more about the final attacking shape, when defence is dropped, and options are tight. Now you can see the team has 5 attackers lined on the edge of the box a simple one two opens the pitch up as the right hand slightly drops the mezzala and inside forward combine to overload the fullback as the CB drops of. one good pass into the IF and a quick lay off and the Mezz gets his shot off.

To round of the attacking I have a couple clips off builds from each side. Note the game is speeded up so they fit in one clip, the ball in reality isn't moved this quick ahaha.

595d1ab27bc24a355c45a35635aac4d7.gif

Building on the left with the overload, circulating the ball drawing the opponent in before using the RPM as the first man third man then F9 as the first attacker and then hitting the wing back as the second third man, again he lets us down with his ball, something I just have to accept. But for me this is my greatest example of the positional play gaining Ruch the advantage over the opposition.

60b9501cc0c8fd44269e46719d583ce4.gif

Now it’s time for the right-hand side to draw the opponent as the ball advances down the channel with a series interchanges the RWB is freed up. This is already one cycle of play complete but this time he chooses the correct pass, now moving into another cycle the inside forward plays the RPM who links beautifully with his first and second attacker options the half back and me to realise the third man who this time is the inside forward who strike on goal is lethal but well matched by the goalkeeper. Another phenomenal move through the gears with two cycles of play.

Defensive aspects of our positional play are mainly to deny our opponent space and time to create any real chances. Doing this through closing the space they have to play in with a high defensive line and making the team compact to play through while intensely pressing and pressing instantly after losing the ball therefore denying them time to transition. Also key is that although need to provide suffice cover as well if the initial press is bypassed But much like Pep my main form of defence is attack, if I have the ball they cant score type of thinking.

• Counter press, extremely urgent pressing intensity, higher defensive line, and force opponent outside closes the space they have to play in and forces them wide were I have adequate cover and less of a threat than say in front of my goals. Prevent short Gk also adds to the restrictions forcing the keeper into longer passes.
  • Half back is placed into the team for the build-up but also defensive cover, rather than say a Regista who would offer similar build up but less defensive stability. The half back is essentially my unsung hero keeps the whole team ticking over.

• All the attacking stuff above shows how I dominate the ball and leads to fact if I have the ball they cant score.

92c0fec29a07cac1b45d5edb0354799c.png

1ababfaea21eaa1c7a4c64e09eb72774.png

No doubting that these pair of stats are connected, just as the last bullet point states!

34c6a66e4f1f4230056973eb6f7e8bc6.gif

Here you can see the teams position out of possession compared to in possession. The difference is remarkable with the team being extremely narrow and compact without the ball making it almost impossible for the team to be played through and then when on the ball all spaced nicely offering lots of passing angles through triangles and diamond shapes.

bd5d98dd54abe00ebe6726c43c3035fd.gif

The final clips shows an example of our high compact pressing shape, and then the false 9 pressing the keeper into going long. This is key if our attacking play is to work. As we need to have the ball so the quicker we force the turnover the better.

Thanks for reading I know there is a lot of clips and some take time to load but I hope they do the first tactical breakdown justice. The next one should follow after the next set of game updates. 

SixPointer

Edited by SixPointer

Great Post. I am in awe of your ability to really translate your concepts into concrete tactical plans.

My "system" is similar in that it dominates the central Midfield and attacks the edges. My edge attacks are more the "Hero Ball" than anything else and that we also spend more time going Route One to relieve pressure if necessary that leads to a lot of goals. That is because I have adopted the Standard Defensive line and Lower Line of engagement to invite precisely that type of attack on over confident opponents.  The AI is beginning to realize but my main edge Attacker is still a Jack Grealish for our Level....

On 07/06/2021 at 02:45, SixPointer said:

Amazingly, since the collapse of communism in the same year, no team from Upper Silesia has won the league

Actually that's not true. Piast Gliwice won it in 18/19 season.

Love your careers, keep up the good work mate :)

48 minutes ago, buachuta said:

Actually that's not true. Piast Gliwice won it in 18/19 season.

Love your careers, keep up the good work mate :)

Yeah someone already told me. The research I used was a little out of date 🙄 not worry. RUCH will be next 😜

Great breakdown as always! It’s impressive that you got such a small team playing this way so effectively.

One question-I see you have much shorter passing but several clips show fairly long cross field balls, or balls over the top. The TIs aren’t always followed of course, but do these happen often despite the TIs? I ask because when I was creating the Livorno possession tactic I found that shorter passing led to players picking a player closer to them (marked or not) over better options further away.

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Great Post. I am in awe of your ability to really translate your concepts into concrete tactical plans.

My "system" is similar in that it dominates the central Midfield and attacks the edges. My edge attacks are more the "Hero Ball" than anything else and that we also spend more time going Route One to relieve pressure if necessary that leads to a lot of goals. That is because I have adopted the Standard Defensive line and Lower Line of engagement to invite precisely that type of attack on over confident opponents.  The AI is beginning to realize but my main edge Attacker is still a Jack Grealish for our Level....

Tbh I used to struggle immensely with getting my ideas in my head to play out in the game until fm17/18ish. Then I started to use real concepts to build from. Trying to make recreations helped massively cause then I knew what I was looking out for in the game. I then simply advance and tweak from what am seeing. I wanted possession football with overloads and rotations so naturally pulling towards peps philosophy helps. This system is more or less his with a few added tweaks. 

another thing I do is write out what I want. How am I going to defend?

how do I plan to transition?

how am I going to attack?

Does it all link well together?

Do I have enough variation 

once I have these ideas down it’s easier for me to start building a style of play and system. 

I have been on the Pep Bandwagon tactics wise in FM since FM20. I was a natural progression from the Tiki-Taka Philosophy that I used in my Clermont save. Grenoble and now FC Kosice have been me adapting Pep's Tactics with a little help from you.

You also have an advantage of playing football/soccer beyond gym Class and understand more.....I have read books, watched matches on TV, and sort of know what works in the game. That still makes it hard when I want to try something radically different than the Possession happy 4-2-3-1 Wide I have come to understand at least within the ME. 

I also tweak as I go...when I realize something isn't working...but my understanding of TI's is imperfect and mentality is still a bit of a mystery, but I have a decent understanding of the roles. So I start with a shape/formation and try to add appropriate role for what I think I want to do. I then use the AI Assman to recommend players from the team and then go from there. I usually find that other players are better at doing what I want after watching them play and looking at their attributes. For Example that is how Boris is my AF. He didn't start out as my primary goal scorer. He was a backup AP/SS in a 4-2-3-1 Wide, when I reorganized I recognized he would make a great AF even is he didn't have blistering pace.

Anyway I really enjoy your work. Keep it up.

4 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Great breakdown as always! It’s impressive that you got such a small team playing this way so effectively.

One question-I see you have much shorter passing but several clips show fairly long cross field balls, or balls over the top. The TIs aren’t always followed of course, but do these happen often despite the TIs? I ask because when I was creating the Livorno possession tactic I found that shorter passing led to players picking a player closer to them (marked or not) over better options further away.

There is still a lot of work to be done! I think probably cause am the only team in Poland playing like this it catches teams out at the minute. I’ll soon need to get a lot more creative which you will see in the next two systems in the future. One is almost there and the other well let’s just say it’s a work in progress 🤣

the main reason I have much shorter passing is to try negate my attacking mentality. Originally I started on balanced then positive with short passing. But it was bland no penetration. So I went attacking and there was to many longer passes so I use shorter passing to drop it down again. Now I have the right blend of ball circulation in overloaded areas but I get the switches of play when the free men are on. Wether it be a direct pass or one through the 1st and 2nd attackers. 

remember mentality is king. It rules all! Team instructions I use are mainly to either increase what they mentality is doing or to offset it. 

another example of using the team instructions to tailor the mentality to give me what I want. I require a high d line and High line of engagement. But I want to still be compact. So my attacking gives me both high lines but moving my d line even higher gives me the compactness I desire. 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I have been on the Pep Bandwagon tactics wise in FM since FM20. I was a natural progression from the Tiki-Taka Philosophy that I used in my Clermont save. Grenoble and now FC Kosice have been me adapting Pep's Tactics with a little help from you.

You also have an advantage of playing football/soccer beyond gym Class and understand more.....I have read books, watched matches on TV, and sort of know what works in the game. That still makes it hard when I want to try something radically different than the Possession happy 4-2-3-1 Wide I have come to understand at least within the ME. 

I also tweak as I go...when I realize something isn't working...but my understanding of TI's is imperfect and mentality is still a bit of a mystery, but I have a decent understanding of the roles. So I start with a shape/formation and try to add appropriate role for what I think I want to do. I then use the AI Assman to recommend players from the team and then go from there. I usually find that other players are better at doing what I want after watching them play and looking at their attributes. For Example that is how Boris is my AF. He didn't start out as my primary goal scorer. He was a backup AP/SS in a 4-2-3-1 Wide, when I reorganized I recognized he would make a great AF even is he didn't have blistering pace.

Anyway I really enjoy your work. Keep it up.

Although I played football at a reasonable level semi pro let’s call it. I still had trouble translating into the FM world. I studied many a guide learning the game etc so stick with reading game guides as well as real life. There is people on the forums far far more tactically advanced than myself.

This is my first real foray into true positional play. Although I’ve been using overloads since my Banik save and Argentinos juniors team when I done the Atalanta recreation. And my last attempted at total Football was with heerenveen some time ago but I was still very tactically naive but made a great system and was my catalyst. Then with Odd it was more about exploiting space and hitting in transitions with a hint of overload. These 3 systems am developing will be more closely linked to each other with different overloaded strategies. 

7 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Luck! As always Matus is following with interest from Kosice!

Thanks my man! The support is great. We have a nice wee collective of people interested in each other’s methods 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Thanks my man! The support is great. We have a nice wee collective of people interested in each other’s methods 

That is what I wish all forums were like this and it makes me want to play FM more.

Edited by Hootieleece
edited to become gramatically correct

Great tactical break-down and nice to see it being translated through all the clips. Definitely did not expect to be seeing Pep football in the Polish lower leagues ;)

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Great tactical break-down and nice to see it being translated through all the clips. Definitely did not expect to be seeing Pep football in the Polish lower leagues ;)

Its a starting point hopefully I can bring my own twist of Pepish ball for many years to come!

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Or just in Poland in general. :lol:

@SixPointer  I don't know if you have read this thread by @Rashidi  

but it might help in your Tactical Musings...even if it is Hans Flick's Bayern not Pep's.

It is the basis of the TI's I use in Slovakia...and just about every save this iteration of FM!

A quality thread, one which I will follow closely :)

A beautiful tactical analysis, nice to see how you have created overloads on both flanks and the use of the RPM is really helping as he is operating in pockets of space. 

Are you looking to implement a wage structure to help bring the club into a position of good financial health?

21 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@SixPointer  I don't know if you have read this thread by @Rashidi  

but it might help in your Tactical Musings...even if it is Hans Flick's Bayern not Pep's.

It is the basis of the TI's I use in Slovakia...and just about every save this iteration of FM!

I’ve read all his stuff. Am avid follower of the great man! But it’s not hansi. I’m looking to make my next to systems more on my own back than pure replications like the first one 

17 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

A quality thread, one which I will follow closely :)

A beautiful tactical analysis, nice to see how you have created overloads on both flanks and the use of the RPM is really helping as he is operating in pockets of space. 

Are you looking to implement a wage structure to help bring the club into a position of good financial health?

At the minute the plan is get up the division at all costs. But am a shrewd spender on all fronts typically anyway. So I’ll see next year if I need to limit certain things. No one I have brought to club is on enormous wages and I knocked back a few really good free agents cause they wanted to much. I’m hoping a few player sells will keep us going. Board have injected some cash as well. Could do with gabara at Liverpool getting a big move as we have a nice sell on clause. But likely he will remain there for Years and play sub keeper 

18 hours ago, SixPointer said:

the main reason I have much shorter passing is to try negate my attacking mentality

Ah! This totally makes sense. You want risk taking and aggression of the attacking mentality but want the team to keep the build up controlled rather than direct. But because of the mentality the players will still go direct when it’s on.

6 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Ah! This totally makes sense. You want risk taking and aggression of the attacking mentality but want the team to keep the build up controlled rather than direct. But because of the mentality the players will still go direct when it’s on.

Precisely my thinking!

6 hours ago, 13th Man said:

32 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Precisely my thinking!

I do it the opposite way I use PPM's/PI's for the players within the formation to be a aggressive and direct, and then keep the mentality for the whole team Balanced.  This is because I am usually chasing after defensive solidity.

25 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I do it the opposite way I use PPM's/PI's for the players within the formation to be a aggressive and direct, and then keep the mentality for the whole team Balanced.  This is because I am usually chasing after defensive solidity.

No right or wrong way dude. I personally use my mentality set as much as possible leaves me less to tinker with. I try minimum team instructions only if I deem them absolutely necessary. And usually I build my tactic from mentality the roles and duties the. Slowly add my team instructions game by game till I have my desired style 

2 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

No right or wrong way dude. I personally use my mentality set as much as possible leaves me less to tinker with. I try minimum team instructions only if I deem them absolutely necessary. And usually I build my tactic from mentality the roles and duties the. Slowly add my team instructions game by game till I have my desired style 

I like to use Less TI's personally, but it only works when you have smart players....and in Lower Leagues your players need more direction for same effect. If you are trying to replicate intricate passing and movement, I find.

6 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I like to use Less TI's personally, but it only works when you have smart players....and in Lower Leagues your players need more direction for same effect. If you are trying to replicate intricate passing and movement, I find.

Couldn’t agree more my man. Especially when creating distinct styles and patterns of play 

Love the write up on the tactics and how you’re approaching this save overall. I need to read it over again and will, no doubt, have some more questions!

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Love the write up on the tactics and how you’re approaching this save overall. I need to read it over again and will, no doubt, have some more questions!

It’s a bit of a slow burner at the minute trying to get the nitty gritty long term stuff in  place but soon be ready to get it moving along 

dc1617c3eb7ec99d007d06fa7999b42d.jpg

Fantastic trying to loan analysis on a stupid friendly and now ive lost a month of in game work safe to say i wont have an update out today guys sorry, need to change my auto save to weekly now instead of monthly:confused: 

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

dc1617c3eb7ec99d007d06fa7999b42d.jpg

Fantastic trying to loan analysis on a stupid friendly and now ive lost a month of in game work safe to say i wont have an update out today guys sorry, need to change my auto save to weekly now instead of monthly:confused: 

Ahhh hate when this happens

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Ahhh hate when this happens

**** happens i suppose. More frustrating was I was just checking a new shape I tried out in a friendly 

8 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Ahhhh!!! Brutal.
I’ve been liking the auto save after each game personally

Maybe a route I have to go down. Am very superstitious when I save. I never save on a winning run 🤣 as I always find the next time I come on it’s a month of pain! of course sometimes it’s unavoidable! But seems I may need to go down this route specifically with all my graphic patches etc 

I manually save AFTER each match and whenever I stop a session. Auto-save is set for two weeks as well and I use the three rolling saves.

Let's just say I am very afraid of losing my work, because of issues with other games and crashes.

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I manually save AFTER each match and whenever I stop a session. Auto-save is set for two weeks as well and I use the three rolling saves.

Let's just say I am very afraid of losing my work, because of issues with other games and crashes.

I’m usually a month as it normally how I play. Month to month. Write play write play. But with this am doing larger areas covered due to the nature of the league am in at the minute and the style and philosophy and training scheme I’m trying to create 

The 4th Uprising - To My Narod Slaski

291172809_ChorzowHeader.png.db12d40f16de4cf62ed2ff4ab74de20e.png

Introducing Buchalae999f352796698397b87655b094bbc53.png

As the league approaches the winter break everything on the pitch was coming along nicely for Buchala and Ruch. They entered November top of the pile and were playing a fantastic brand of football. However, off the pitch Ruch Chorzow continue to struggle. Today we caught up with Roland Buchala the young man with a dream of taking the club back to the top and doing so with style. He has a task on his hands.

7e9117cda53e202ae9dfb6ebd5a6ed02.png

Roland first off all congratulations of a fine start to your time at Ruch, especially  with this style of play you have installed. Its not something we see regularly here in Poland so why and how have you done it?

Thanks, but their is still much much more work to be done in order to get this club back to where it belongs, this isn't about being a flash in the pan I want to install this philosophy in the club for many years. Mainly on the how is down to the players who have taking to my ideas and are willing to work extremely hard in order to get there. I have squad full of young players with bags of potential and a few core leaders who have been around the block its the perfect potion at the minute for getting the ideas across on the training pitch.

d8585a27b46eee48be88c755d7b5f68f.jpg

Its no secrete that the club has been in financial turmoil for years and of course there plummet from the top further compounds this. How are you dealing with the pressure of the budgets and restrictions at the club? Already a few player sales have been seen is this something you find will conflict with your philosophy if your trying to build the club and install key values on players.

bf1fe376f32465627853a02ca7701e37.png

411c5801fe4eff33a177fca08d3350c4.png

Firstly I believe in the board at the club, they have managed to secure the safety off the club and I have trust their solutions both short and long term they have already backed us in recent times so I must continue to follow the plan. I have to accept that players will likely move on if the deals are right with potential to see further financial growth for the club, but what is key for me is that they are replaced properly.

The funding will be tight so I will need to be shrewd when it comes to the market transfers must well thought out and players must be fitting to our philosophy. Their isn't many out their this is why I have brought many key staff members with a similar outlook on football and installed them throughout the club. We need to be sure that the players being developed from the youth system right to the first team are already buying into the beliefs and playing the same way and working on the desired skillsets.

1cd3235e65fa05a5ae934331b2c13c84.png

Roland the club is has produced some great players down the years and it sounds like you’re looking to make this a core principle to your ideas here, something am sure the people of not only Chorzow will be happy about but the whole of the upper Silesian region. The clubs in region look to get back to being the powerhouses they once were can only be aided by a strong Ruch side with a development plan. 

69f06182d7813251f953c8974c03a3a9.png

Personally, it’s clear to see that the region that ive been brought up in and played all my football in has fallen behind in recent times. I would like to help drive all the clubs around us to become a talent factory once again for polish football. After all it doesn't only make for a stronger region but a stronger national team on the whole. In recent times Robert Lewandowski has proven that as a nation we can produce world class, elite players at the very top of the game. Every young polish person should look up to Robert and see that they too can realise their dreams.

dfa59da94ca40317d20f01a2f477c70c.png

Roland you are 22 games unbeaten in your maiden season with Ruch, comes after some nice work you have done at ROW Rybnik at already a young age, the passion you have for football is clear to see for everyone, the way you want the game to be played and the philosophy and long-term aspect you have to your thinking is admirable thanks for your time today and best of luck after the winter break.

651c4e44987bf9ee78fd3a2ce0ffc412.png

Thanks for the praise but with only one win in 5 games I think their is a lot of hard work to come for us all here at Ruch over the winter break. The boys and myself will recharge and come back and re focus are efforts on the training pitch to make sure the results on game day drive us up into the second division.

Excellent form and you boast the best goal difference in the league, looking defensively solid! Just out of curiosity in the 1-1 and 3-3 draws did you come from behind or was it more of the case of dropping points?

1 hour ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Excellent form and you boast the best goal difference in the league, looking defensively solid! Just out of curiosity in the 1-1 and 3-3 draws did you come from behind or was it more of the case of dropping points?

3-3 we were 3-0 up at half time. I tried to use the bench and fell apart. 1-1 we came from behind after conceding a early goal. It’s the fire power that’s holding us back at the minute.