The 4th Uprising - "To My Narod Slaski"

On 20/09/2021 at 18:21, SixPointer said:

but to me when a tactical idea plays out and comes off exactly how you intent it’s a different level of satisfaction.

This right here is what I love about this game. Those moments when your strategy just clicks. How it’s like this puzzle with constantly shifting pieces - and so many right answers (plenty of wrong too).

Like the new tactic too - very nice variation on the theme. I think a lot of people think an AF has no place in a possession system, but giving the AM space in a 4-2-3-1 is massively important, especially especially  with the EG role. (Think this is where a lot of the AM ratings issues come from. When you think of it - what good is your AP if you got a DLF right there too and no one to run into the box?). Plus, with the AF you get the option of that over the top ball when they’re on the CB’s shoulder.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I "think" that is why the AF role is/was so effective in many of my tactics? It gave the playmaker space and an option. 

Also it helped that I absolutely love Pace! (15+ especially) because that threat of the long ball really scares AI eventually, but I think that this tactical style can breakdown deep sitting defenses.

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

This right here is what I love about this game. Those moments when your strategy just clicks. How it’s like this puzzle with constantly shifting pieces - and so many right answers (plenty of wrong too).

Like the new tactic too - very nice variation on the theme. I think a lot of people think an AF has no place in a possession system, but giving the AM space in a 4-2-3-1 is massively important, especially especially  with the EG role. (Think this is where a lot of the AM ratings issues come from. When you think of it - what good is your AP if you got a DLF right there too and no one to run into the box?). Plus, with the AF you get the option of that over the top ball when they’re on the CB’s shoulder.

49 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I "think" that is why the AF role is/was so effective in many of my tactics? It gave the playmaker space and an option. 

Also it helped that I absolutely love Pace! (15+ especially) because that threat of the long ball really scares AI eventually, but I think that this tactical style can breakdown deep sitting defenses.

There was lots of complaints that the AMC role was broken in fm20&21. But for me I find it’s people doing exactly that suffocating the space number ten. 

4 hours ago, SixPointer said:

There was lots of complaints that the AMC role was broken in fm20&21. But for me I find it’s people doing exactly that suffocating the space number ten

Exactly. I mean sure, there are some games, especially against DMs or against certain set ups where the AM “underperforms” but so often I see “he’s 20 in everything but gets 6.2 ratings every game!” But then there’s two IFs and a DLF…

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

There was lots of complaints that the AMC role was broken in fm20&21. But for me I find it’s people doing exactly that suffocating the space number ten. 

That's a very good point. I've had plenty of success with a very basic 4-2-3-1 in those games and the AMC was always the key player in my tactics, never failing to rack up the numbers. The key to making it work was having two classical wingers on the sides and an AF in front of him.

Edited by Rikulec

9 hours ago, Rikulec said:

That's a very good point. I've had plenty of success with a very basic 4-2-3-1 in those games and the AMC was always the key player in my tactics, never failing to rack up the numbers. The key to making it work was having two classical wingers on the sides and an AF in front of him.

I think the ME becomes and easy target when people get frustrated but for me SI do a very good job. Can it be better of course but it’s not an easy task especially these days with how fluid football has become along with how tactically astute managers are. 

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I think the ME becomes and easy target when people get frustrated but for me SI do a very good job. Can it be better of course but it’s not an easy task especially these days with how fluid football has become along with how tactically astute managers are. 

What? You mean I shouldn’t blame the ME for every loss? Next you’re going to be saying I need to take responsibility for my own actions!!!

Like you said, there are flaws [why, why, why won’t my holding CM stay back on throw ins as directed??? He stays home all game then we get a throw in and suddenly he’s in the box! Throw in goes straight to the other team (why???), quick counter into the CM’s space…goal! I’m not mad, you’re mad…] but in open play the game mostly does what you tell it (tactic/players picked+opposition tactic/players=logical result).

@13th Man What? You mean I shouldn’t blame the ME for every loss? Next you’re going to be saying I need to take responsibility for my own actions!!!

I always blame the AI not the ME.......it is always the AI is some Relegation fodder that looks like "Chelsea" against me while having (insert greatest gk of the moment) between the sticks!

Like @SixPointer said the ME works fine.....I just think the AI cheats.....lol!   

It is never my tactics that I make subtle tweaks to.....that work great for other forum users (SixPointer, Rashidi, and others)!

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

@13th Man What? You mean I shouldn’t blame the ME for every loss? Next you’re going to be saying I need to take responsibility for my own actions!!!

I always blame the AI not the ME.......it is always the AI is some Relegation fodder that looks like "Chelsea" against me while having (insert greatest gk of the moment) between the sticks!

Like @SixPointer said the ME works fine.....I just think the AI cheats.....lol!   

It is never my tactics that I make subtle tweaks to.....that work great for other forum users (SixPointer, Rashidi, and others)!

Hahaha I think we all have the things we like to blame it on. Mines was aww it’s a bad save. You’ve won ten in a row. And have to save it (cause as humans we need sleep to function although being an FM addict I often push the limits with this) And then you re load loose the next two and draw 4. And I blame because I stopped on a winning run 🤣

4 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Hahaha I think we all have the things we like to blame it on. Mines was aww it’s a bad save. You’ve won ten in a row. And have to save it (cause as humans we need sleep to function although being an FM addict I often push the limits with this) And then you re load loose the next two and draw 4. And I blame because I stopped on a winning run 🤣

Love it!  The pitfall that I get into is wanting to play even though I'm dead tired and mentally exhausted.  Turns out I just want to get the hit of happiness from the W's but forget that the W's take work so I lose/draw games I should win.  That said I have a tongue-in-cheek save idea that I might start doing for those nights when I want to play but don't have it in me to really get deep into all the details.

FM22 feature drop looks niceeeeeee

wide centre backs!!! Finallly!!! The Atalanta recreation can be Matched. Wide centre backs with an attack duty. I will be going back to my beloved back 3 very soon people 😍😍

8 hours ago, SixPointer said:

FM22 feature drop looks niceeeeeee

wide centre backs!!! Finallly!!! The Atalanta recreation can be Matched. Wide centre backs with an attack duty. I will be going back to my beloved back 3 very soon people 😍😍

Those bastards! Here I was thinking I could take my time, finish out in Livorno at a leisurely pace…surely this pandemic edition wouldn’t have features that made me switch over until I was good and ready…

2 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Those bastards! Here I was thinking I could take my time, finish out in Livorno at a leisurely pace…surely this pandemic edition wouldn’t have features that made me switch over until I was good and ready…

You seen the clip? Looks good! Given me a lot of what I was looking for. Mainly the WCB but also a data hub, now am really hoping the analyst and scouting reports are just a little more detailed and I’ll be delighted. They should be saying like such n such a player is a weak spot as he is slow, or is vulnerable to a press etc. And we should be seeing more individual stats from the oppositions reports etc where the analyst comes up with certain ideas for a game plan. It does to an extent now but very small to how real life. Same with the pre match team meetings, 

6 hours ago, SixPointer said:

You seen the clip? Looks good! Given me a lot of what I was looking for. Mainly the WCB but also a data hub, now am really hoping the analyst and scouting reports are just a little more detailed and I’ll be delighted. They should be saying like such n such a player is a weak spot as he is slow, or is vulnerable to a press etc. And we should be seeing more individual stats from the oppositions reports etc where the analyst comes up with certain ideas for a game plan. It does to an extent now but very small to how real life. Same with the pre match team meetings, 

I haven't checked the clip, but those improvements would make my life as a FM'er much easier. Since I use scout rating to initially judge prospects and then eyeball the attributes before signing,  It would make my "anti-analytics" campaign easier even though it would use analytics! Lol!

Also it would be great if they had scroll over explanations of what the data was you are seeing is without having to watch the induction again ...

I also believe you are right that the new features will benefit yourself and other players like you.

6 hours ago, 13th Man said:

You have 6 weeks....and other than winning Serie A with Livorno. You have probably met most of your objectives at start.

15 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I watched it after seeing your comment.  I might even just get the thing becasue of those wide CBs.  Brutal.  I hadn't been sure if I was going to go 3atb with my first FM22 save, but I obviously have to now!

Hopefully the stat hub will have some good stuff too.  It's not always a big change each year, but when I think back a few years, I'm always surprised at how much ends up changing.

9 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You have 6 weeks....and other than winning Serie A with Livorno. You have probably met most of your objectives at start.

True.  But with success comes hunger for more success.  And the board hasn't made any progress on the new stadium yet!  Verdi needs to open up that new stadium.  Also, not one academy graduate has made it into the first team.  Have one good crop of kids that are probably a few years from being ready.  Might not mature in time for this save though...

• 2 weeks later...

Its Not Goodbye It is See You Later

The time has come to call it a day on Ruch Chorzow on FM21. In the season and a half here, I really had it all going how I planned, actually quicker than expected. I love the idea of the save, a true fallen giant with great rivalries and financial hardship from a working-class town. This is the main reason I stop it now, as with FM22 looming large I can’t do it justice and would rather keep them for some time during FM22. In all honesty I started the challenge all too late and then work hit which stopped me playing for 6 weeks and I never truly recovered due to FM22 coming up. So, it’s goodbye for now but I’ll be seeing Ruch again. My attention turns to FM22 as I work out my plans for the game and the purchase of a new gaming laptop. My Omen now 5 years old so upgrade is planned for FM22.

Thanks to everyone who had an input, reading, commenting, liking, inspiring and actually helping make the team playable. Am sorry It sort of dropped off, but pipelaying season in the North Sea means I do 12 hour shifts 7 days a week sometimes for a month at a time. I’ll be sure to pencil Ruch around this next time to allow me time to make them great again.

SixPointer

I hear you! Enjoyed this little snippet of starting up a club DNA type project. Now to take the experience and lessons learned and bring it to a future save!

13 hours ago, 13th Man said:

I hear you! Enjoyed this little snippet of starting up a club DNA type project. Now to take the experience and lessons learned and bring it to a future save!

This seen a change in the writing style. Now showing how I play the game more and with less off the story element. FM22 I look to find the perfect blend along with more data analysis which will be aided with the new feature. Ruch will be the second save FM22 I think as I fancy the Ernst happel challenge for my first save, my plan was to go to Holland and implement total football in its homeland but coming across the Ernst Happel challenge I can combine it all. Then take Ruch in the second half of the cycle. Although I have looked at Catania and Bari after finding inspiration from verdi!

20 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Although I have looked at Catania and Bari after finding inspiration from verdi!

Both would be fun (as would the Ernst Happel Challenge too).  I'd vote Bari because Verdi had a grudging respect for them.  They played Livorno hard and made things real tough for them - though obviously Verdi got the best of them and left them in the dust.  But...they have a big stadium (about 60k) so it'd be a nice challenge to end up filling it if/when you make it up through the leagues. 

Catania would also be a nice one even given their relatively recent fall down the leagues - though I was turned away cause their fans are poorly behaved in the not so fun ways.  Also, Verdi is annoyed with them because he had a quite a few loanees that went there and made almost no progress.

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

This was a great thread. 

I am a big fan of the Happel challenge, I actually did a version of it on FM21 but never documented it. 

Thanks man. It had the potential to be my best ever had I started it with ample time. But it was a great learning curve as well.

Main reason I fancy the happel challenge, I wanted to go back to Holland, so I can continue the style of play I was building here back in the country it started also with the wide centre backs I can now make a LVG/Johan system or even my Atalanta one so it gives me more flexibility again and gets me back to the back 3. I done heerenveen a few year back and it’s still one of my most enjoyable saves winning the Europa league.

The other big reason why I fancy it is, I never really move clubs, usually building something for ten seasons and the starting over as a new save. This challenge would help encourage me to journey as I have that set out in my mind. So rather than do 7 seasons make a good side then reset I’ll have in my mind I need a move.

Don’t get me wrong I invest a lot of time researching my save idea, getting the right club which holds so much minor things to make a match. City, fanbase, Derbies, traditions, style of play, facilities and of course history. Thrown into getting the right character to manage this usually throws a spanner in the works when moving. But if I allow myself to be more open to the idea of moving from the start I’m sure It can be a nice transition. After all 7 seasons at the first club is ideal. Even if I won the Dutch cup earlier on than planned would still need to wait on the big three offering me in!

With all the new features and the fact I should be based more in the UK next year for work I would say this is the most excited ive been for a save. The wide centre backs that I have craved for about 3/4 seasons are here I just hope there done well. 

so excited that it’s time to buy a new laptop the omen has done me well for the last 5 year but the excitement warrants an upgrade