FMAgent v2.0 (with Save to Shortlist)

tw559

Hi everyone over last few days I have tested and made changes to FMAgent. To be honest, I released the previous 2 versions without actually playing the game using it (as was too busy with changes for next version) and therefore there were some bugs that weren't fixed. So yesterday, I played the game with FMAgent and my conclusion was; I was really happy with my work. Did what i wanted it to do and it worked quite well :p. But there were some changes and fixes need and therefore, the changes have been made to my this version. Anyways, here is the new version's change list:

1. Clear Button.

2. Better player positioning info for searching and results view.

3. Max value and max sales value had problems of error when enter huge number and range.

4. Sorting by Values/Sales Value fixed

5. Sorting by CA/PA fixed also as under CA/PA <100 came first e.g. 99 before 200

7. Save to shortlist feature added.

8. Added Currency sign to not confuse anyone. System used UK POUNDS.

9. Always on Top option (Default will be off, so every time u startup…make sure to check option as no setting saving support at present)

Screenshot:

98928811ed2.jpg

42699270nu1.jpg

Download Instructions:

I know there are a few people with problems with getting it to work. Here is my rough instruction. Any other problems PM me and I will see if I can help.

1. Download version v2.0 here

http://rapidshare.com/files/167903911/FMAgentv2.0.rar.html

MIRROR: http://www.zshare.net/download/519209245f87418c/

2. Download .NET Framework 3.5. Below are the links. The full version will not require connecting to internet but I have not tested it as I like many used the bootstrap version which, during installation will connect to the internet to download the required files.

Bootstap Version - 2.7mb

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/0/f/60fc5854-3cb8-4892-b6db-bd4f42510f28/dotnetfx35.exe

Full Version - 197mb

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/0/f/60fc5854-3cb8-4892-b6db-bd4f42510f28/dotnetfx35.exe

3. Install .NET Framework 3.5. If you downloaded the bootstrap version, if downloading the require files during installation fails, as in it doesn’t show any transfer progress after some time, try quitting and re-installing, It happened to me.

4. Restart PC (on Vista will see windows update on the Shut Down screen).

5. Run FM2009, load your game

6. Run FMAgent, click on Load and try searching.

Troubleshooting:

If still not working after following steps above, do the following.

1. Go to Program & Feature in Control Panel (Vista)

2. Remove all versions of .NET Framework include 3.5. On my PC, I had versions 1.0, 2.5, 3.0 Compact and 3.5.

3. Following Download Instructions again from Step 3.

These are the methods on how I got my program to work on my PC. Good Luck!

Further Comments:

Would like to thank DR Bernard again for his framework and help on the Shortlist feature. If anyone has any more feedback or has any suggestions for future versions please feel free to PM me, after all this program is meant to be for you guys to make your enjoyment of the game better.

Also, seems to be problem with Staff not showing. Still looking into the problem

It still won't show players from my own team, except the ones that have a set sale value. Could you perhaps expand the sale value search to start at -1 so players without a set value will appear in the search? Obviously the workaround is to give all your players a set value or simply click on their profiles to make them Active Player, but it would be handy to be able to display your whole team.

Good work, nonetheless!

way YAY on the save to shortlist options, but as soon as I am done getting the shortlists I have to kill this tool as it clogs up my CPU heavily, not just on one pc, but on both it clogs up the CPU.

other than that its quite usefull and works well for what I use it

Thanks Tony ...Getting better and better ... I am sure that with a few more modifications this will be the program of choice for many !!!

Just a small issue if someone could help ...I can't seem to have FMAgent show up on screen with the game on ..even though "on top" is highlighted in red ... I cant seem to have it in view with the game ..just as Tony has shown in the 2nd screenshot .

Would appreciate if someone can assist with this

Cheers

Mate,

I'm still having difficulties getting it started. i followed your instructions and I have installed .NET framework 3.5. I downloaded the FMAgent v2.0 program and it gave me the run or save option so I saved it to desktop (an e document icon symbol appeared on my desktop), I then restarted my computer and opened my saved FM09 game. I then double clicked on the icon and nothing happened. I right clicked on it and went open and nothing happened.

So I deleted the icon and downloaded the FMAgent v2.0 program again and this time I chose run and nothing happens again.

I then followed your troubleshooting instructions and went to add/remove programs to uninstall all the framework programs and i can't delete network 2.0 service pack 1 & 3.0 service pack 1.0 as it says it affects other parts of my computer

Have I got this badly wrong????

Can you offer any pointers to what i'm doing wrong

cheers

I for some reason cant get it to work either - have done all of the steps (install .net, uninstall .net, load game, etc.) but it still does not work

I can get the FMAgent application up but when I press load it does not load anything and I have my game running in the background???

Could this be a problem with having Worldwide Soccer Manager rather than Football Manager - just a wild guess becuase I dont know what else I could do

Is there anyway to check whether the .net framework is working?

I for some reason cant get it to work either - have done all of the steps (install .net, uninstall .net, load game, etc.) but it still does not work

I can get the FMAgent application up but when I press load it does not load anything and I have my game running in the background???

Could this be a problem with having Worldwide Soccer Manager rather than Football Manager - just a wild guess becuase I dont know what else I could do

Is there anyway to check whether the .net framework is working?[/quote

Same problem here :( When i click load it jus comes up in red and stays that way.. doesnt actually load anything.. got the game loaded up on fm inb the background but still nothing

P.s. I'm on Football manager 2009 not Worldwide Soccer Manager

Great application, well done on what you've put together.

One problem though - I'm using this to check on long-term playability in a holiday game and I've found that you can't export regens to the shortlist, they don't show up (Even though they show up in the search results for FM Agent). Only original generation players show on the shortlist in FM itself.

way YAY on the save to shortlist options, but as soon as I am done getting the shortlists I have to kill this tool as it clogs up my CPU heavily, not just on one pc, but on both it clogs up the CPU.

other than that its quite usefull and works well for what I use it

This is also happening for me. After I have pressed Load, it uses 100% of one of my CPU cores. Any ideas why this is? I'm sure it's only just started doing this in the last couple of days.

Still a fantastic tool though, especially the searching.

I have to ask, how on earth did you fix the value and sales value sorting problem?

I am having the same issue with mine, the only thing I could think of was that maybe I need to convert to integer before loading into my datagrid.

Otherwise, good work... it almost makes me want to give up writing mine and just use this!

This ones is really great.. Can you please fix the problem with the youngsters not showing up in FM when you load a shortlist from FMAgent.. otherwise... I will only be using this for scouting... This one has mad me to love your work... The exact scout program that fits me and my Needs..

I have to ask, how on earth did you fix the value and sales value sorting problem?

I am having the same issue with mine, the only thing I could think of was that maybe I need to convert to integer before loading into my datagrid.

Otherwise, good work... it almost makes me want to give up writing mine and just use this!

The ListView is used to show the results part. As it must be String type and for strings 9 comes before 1 irrespective of length so 90 comes before 100. To fix this I had to make all numbers same length so 90 became 090.

@ Tony --- tw559

great application Tony ..Thanks ..I noticed something however this version really taxes the CPU usage on the PC ... I was wondering if has to do with the interface and the usage?

Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced spiked CPU usage ...to the point where it makes the game when playing in 3D choppy ... I experimented with the 1st version of FMAgent and this usage didnt result in the spikes.

Wondering if you have noticed this and if there is something that can be done about it in another version

Cheers and Thanks Tony

Thanks for this awesome program. I have karim benzema in my list with a sale value of £16m, but even if i offer £40m they still say no. Anyone know why? Im swansea in 2014, he's still in Lyon.... and their not in the champions league.

The only thing i can think of is if i unsettle him by declaring interest that the sale price might go down, but i dont wanna risk making my players unhappy if i dont end up getting him! Please help!

Thanks for this awesome program. I have karim benzema in my list with a sale value of £16m, but even if i offer £40m they still say no. Anyone know why? Im swansea in 2014, he's still in Lyon.... and their not in the champions league.

The only thing i can think of is if i unsettle him by declaring interest that the sale price might go down, but i dont wanna risk making my players unhappy if i dont end up getting him! Please help!

The values that specify how much a player can be sold for all seem to be wrong....

any ideas on the cause or fix?

alfynandrew1 - i have experienced the same thing as well... even with other editors like FMRTE and FMEditor which have sale values.. it seems the sale value doesnt accurately reflect the price they will accept ur bid?

had to offer 37million for sergio aguero when the sale value stated 15million+..

Two quick questions from someone who can't get the editor to work (on Worldwide Soccer Manager):

1. Do we need to download the 3.5 Service Pack as well as the Framework itself?

2. Does it matter if the saved game is compressed or uncompressed?

The editor loads for me and I don't get any error messages, but when I search I don't get any results. Ever.

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Re-upload it?

Archived