Any suggestion for a striker I can build my save around? Starting in the Championship.

TN34RY

Before I sign Matias Arezo for the 50th time, is there any strikers around Europe willing to come to the championship that have high potential? Hidden gems is what I’m looking for! 

Basically looking for an Arezo alternative lol.

image.jpeg.c30739898deac807fbfce84ac25d7d5d.jpeg

Had considered Jonas Wind from Copenhagen but I’m not sure he will come, he loves a penenka IRL which is cool so someone like him who has a story or something! image.thumb.jpeg.7fa1c4fd0fa89e4d9aa8add551aaf76c.jpeg

Maybe a striker that couldn’t hack it in England and has had success in Europe but now can come back for another crack at the EFL and EPL. 

Any suggestions appreciated, just need a guy that has the potential to play in the Prem in the long run so any cool strikers/stories you have come across please hit me with ideas :)

As a reward I will create you as a scout in my save (not much I know but got to offer something!) 

image.png.c46e105d2b6e2b74a061d95c6b146437.png

I'll throw a few names into the ring, they aren't Arezo-esque in potential necessarily but can be very good if trained appropriately. 

Dion Drena Beljo, Jack Lahne, Nils Froling, Dragan Stoisavljevic, Matvey Pershin, Benjamin Sesko, Gustav Isaksen, Nikola Iliev, Marko Lazetic, Muharem Huskovic, Rasmus Hojlund, William Boving, Amin Sarr. (lesser known, more affordable options)

Yusuf Barasi, Calum Kavanagh (already at Boro), Folarin Balogun (loan option), Lucas Gomes, Joao Resende, Vladislav Shitov, Luka Reischl (I got this guy for Blackburn on one save, he's ace), Bartol Barisic, David Strelec, Wahid Faghir (was very good last year, even better this year).

Of course, take some of these suggestions with a pinch of salt as to whether they'll get a work permit or not but in the first window it's quite likely for the majority of them before the brexit rules kick in.

Closer to Arezo in terms of potential: Wilfried Gnonto perhaps? Very cheap and will go to a Championship side I think.

On 15/04/2021 at 10:32, kroshot said:

ricky jade jones from peterborough class

Along those lines: Jamie Bynoe-Gittens - BvB (English from ManCity academy)

Couple others:

Ahmed Kutucu - Schalke (can do a job in different roles across the front)

Sam Surridge - Bournemouth

TBH not sure of the pull of the Championship that being loaned out or playing for a clubs u20s

Edited by CaptCanuck

I've three ideas for you. Two of them are a little more widely known in FM circles so I will start with my favourite...

1. Thomas Amang is one of the most interesting lesser-used players in game. Little Camaroonian striker/winger who is rapid, strong and a beast in the air(think budget Samuel Eto'o). Technically average (unlike Eto'o) but the physicals are Elite and he has some great character-based mentals. Not sure how easy he is to bring to England due to WP but the type of player English fans adore and certainly one you can build a team around for 10+ years. He usually fades into mediocrity on most saves as AI can't use him properly but if you can get him in he will score 30/season at a canter and with a little careful training could achieve individual recognition as one of the best in the world.
  2. Failing him, I vote Ricky-Jade Jones. Pick him up for pennies and play straight away. Have him leading your counter-attacks and he massively outperforms his attributes due to stupendous pace and acceleration. Never seen him play for England, despite how many he bangs in. You could set a target of getting him capped and if international recognition fails to materialise, go for the National job yourself and bring him with you to a World Cup to prove wrong all the England managers who overlooked him earlier in his career. 
  3. Wildcard pick would be the mini Haaland: Albert Brut Tjaland. Less talented than his real-life 'cuz', you could aim to have him surpass his relative for trophies and career achievements, whilst building towards the family dream team winning something for Norway playing up top together and supported by child-prodigy Martin Odegaard. 

I've just taken over at Le Havre in the second season on FM.  I had a look at the squad and thought they looked a bit light up front but I didn't have enough money to buy anyone that I wanted.  so I decided to try one of the players they had there.  I plumped for a player called Godwin Bentil who is about 20 years old and had previously scored 2 goals in his career.  I don't know if it's the system i'm playing but i've never seen anything like him.  He's started 20 games for me and grabbed 21 goals so far.  He's broken into the Ghana squad too, unfortunately missing a few games due to being called up by them for the Cup of Nations.  Right now, when he gets the ball in the box, I just think this is going to be a goal.  He's never offside too.  Hopefully he'll keep this form up for a while longer, but at the moment i'd say check him out.

Liam Delap from ManCity. He's never breaking into their squad and is always loan listed. Could take him on loan for a few seasons, until City are ready to give up on him and sell him without too much of an English-player-tax.

Dane Scarlett for Tottenham he’s absolute fire 60+ goals in two seasons for me dons plus two promotions and uncan get him for less than a million another one John Kennedy from flamengo get him on loan scores goals for fun