What issues can we expect to get fixed in the next ME update?

There have been radio silent from SI official in this thread for a long time now, and i can only assume that it is because they are being working on some of all the bugs with the current ME.

I was wondering if SI could give some information about what issues are actually being worked on at the moment.

Right now we see alot of reports not being answered, and i think it would be nice, to know what issues SI are planning on improving for the next update.

Just so we know what to expect will be fixed, and what we have to live with for the forseable future ?

Edited by Hallothere

• Hallothere changed the title to What issues can we expect to get fixed in the next ME update?

I wrote a rather lengthy post in my last such thread you made @Hallothere just 5 days ago. In addition this, a post was made by Jack Joyce. It largely covers the same information and reasons as to why things wouldn't be discussed publicly at this stage.

Considering the patch is unconfirmed at this time, it's not really going to be viable for someone to provide information on something that is still unconfirmed. 

You log bugs, and that's great. But as moderators we do need you to keep your posts within that section specific to reporting, or providing further information, about bugs. Bloating that section out with general topics doesn't help and if a greater portion of people do it, before long its only going to harm the effectiveness of the team to fix bugs.

7 hours ago, santy001 said:

I wrote a rather lengthy post in my last such thread you made @Hallothere just 5 days ago. In addition this, a post was made by Jack Joyce. It largely covers the same information and reasons as to why things wouldn't be discussed publicly at this stage.

Considering the patch is unconfirmed at this time, it's not really going to be viable for someone to provide information on something that is still unconfirmed. 

You log bugs, and that's great. But as moderators we do need you to keep your posts within that section specific to reporting, or providing further information, about bugs. Bloating that section out with general topics doesn't help and if a greater portion of people do it, before long its only going to harm the effectiveness of the team to fix bugs.

Having said that,  I've posted two possible bugs on hopefully the correct bugs forum pages and had  o response recently 

I try to clear the things a little bit up about bug reporting, from my point of view:

reporting a bug, providing proof of it by uploading .pkms or .rec or screenshots, it's a massive help for the devs. Bear in mind it's not requested, because we're customers and we should only be asked to enjoy the product, but it's highly suggested when we see something going wrong because, it could be sound strange, a single user can spot an issue one hundred users can't.

I think the SI community is among the most cooperative communities around, looking at the bug forum it's clear how this is true, let alone the other threads created to help people with tactics and trainings, or just improve the gameplay experience with graphics and data.

That means that a lot of us give a true help on improving the game and it doesn't matter how little or big. But from a developing point of view, it's necessary to give priorities. They know the game, and more important than anything, they know the code. There are hundreds of bug reports, some of them are not helping at all, many others are complete bug reports. They have to classify what is urgent and what is not. What can be done in a couple of hours, and what needs a deep testing requiring days/weeks and testers.

Moreover, the bug forum is not the only source of bug reporting of course. They have internal testers which, of course, make a much better work in terms of pure testing while we players are just asked to play the game and see what's wrong with it.

Some bugs are so hard to be fixed properly, they need to be postponed to the next edition!

I myself have seen bugs I personally reported in the past, fixed a couple of editions later (!!!), and even some suggestion was taken for good and added to the game (!!!). The fact many reports are not responded doesn't mean they haven't read it, I assure you they read anything, good or bad. But remember, what is my personal priority could not be the priority No.1 in general. And unfortunately developers can't focus all the time on reading and responding the threads... because they luckily work on the code too!

17 hours ago, santy001 said:

Hi mate, where is the post from Jack Joyce please? I can't locate it and would like to see what was said.

22 hours ago, santy001 said:

Thank you! I agree with many of the things that both yourself and Jack Joyce mentioned in those replies. I think if SI could atleast let us know that there will actually be another update to attempt to fix some of the logged bugs, that would be enough for most on this forum.

4 hours ago, timbo1983 said:

Thank you! I agree with many of the things that both yourself and Jack Joyce mentioned in those replies. I think if SI could atleast let us know that there will actually be another update to attempt to fix some of the logged bugs, that would be enough for most on this forum.

There is always a xx.3 update. We have no reason to believe that it isn't the case this year.

I ask you to correct the bugs of rules of discipline in Portugal. It has been requested in 2 or 3 updates before, it has not yet been fixed. I bought the game in November in beta. it's almost March I haven't played yet, because I don't feel like playing like that. If this time is not corrected, fm22 I will not buy.

22 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

yes, wouldnt the winter update be 22.3?  

Without wanting to start a speculation thread, wasnt it March last year?

It would be 21.3. These updates are usually out end of Feb or beginning of March.