Develop weaker foot PPM

On 11/11/2020 at 19:52, muy8781 said:

Not sure if this is just me but is there anyway to have a player develop their weaker foot in FM21?? I have gone to have my coaches conduct this training but if is no longer in the PPM discussions

have the same issue, somebody already opened a bug post

• 3 weeks later...

I came to the forum looking for info on this. It seems it has been intentionally removed this year and isn't a bug, unfortunately. I used to use this quite a bit on youngsters who were only good with one foot, as I felt even moving them up to average on the weak side was a big benefit compared to being weak.

I'll just have to be more selective with signings this year in certain positions.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/539210-no-develop-weak-foot-option/ for reference.

I really wish the dev team explained this decision. I would be interested in their thinking. Who knows, maybe in real life it is extremely difficult to improve weaker foot, even at a young age, it just seems like such a drastic change without any explanation that I am simply baffled a bit. But it certainly makes me picky in future transfers once I get into my annual Southampton save :brock:

2 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

I really wish the dev team explained this decision. I would be interested in their thinking. Who knows, maybe in real life it is extremely difficult to improve weaker foot, even at a young age, it just seems like such a drastic change without any explanation that I am simply baffled a bit. But it certainly makes me picky in future transfers once I get into my annual Southampton save :brock:

I don't like the removal either.  However, I have noticed that I received messages that certain players "were working on their weak foot."  I think these messages were in training e-mails I got, but I'm not completely sure on that.  So some players with a weak off foot will improve, but it seems there is no longer a way to specifically direct this.

28 minutes ago, Barcafan27 said:

However, I have noticed that I received messages that certain players "were working on their weak foot."

Apparently weaker foot can improve with training sessions that work on Technique, so maybe that's it.

2 hours ago, 04texag said:

I agree it would be nice to get some reasoning behind changes when they are removing features from previous games.  This ppm plus dictates tempo

I can still see dictates tempo?

Edited by mmitch19

4 hours ago, mmitch19 said:

Under Passing

Dictates tempo was not available in the Beta.  But they said they were adding it back in to the regular game (which they did).  However, for saves that starting in the Beta, existing players who had this trait and others (like plays one twos) didn't get them on existing saves.

Train weaker foot has been removed because the way traits are done are generally either/or but weaker foot was a scaled attribute, and the only trait to do so.  Now players will work on their weaker foot when technique is included in a general training session.

8 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Train weaker foot has been removed because the way traits are done are generally either/or but weaker foot was a scaled attribute, and the only trait to do so.  Now players will work on their weaker foot when technique is included in a general training session.

thanks for the heads up, i was wondering if i missed it somewhere

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Now players will work on their weaker foot when technique is included in a general training session.

What would be the best training sessions for this? Can you give an example or two?

10 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Now players will work on their weaker foot when technique is included in a general training session.

Some questions to better understand this:

a) Is there a threshold in the 'technique' attribute above that the player is able to develop his weak foot ?

b) If that threshold exists do we get that trait option afterwards or the weak foot just keep developing ?

c) Do you know if the "Individual training" for technique (finishing, passing, ball control) is helping ?

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2020 at 04:21, Rashidi said:

856067350_GeneralTrainingCard.thumb.jpg.feb3631bb1daa4b3b0d7dde1274516db.jpg58415517_AttackingWingsWorksOnTechnique.thumb.jpg.5bf518c9b5d5cfe3b17b98353ffd6d44.jpg

Attacking Units will work on these attributes and technique will also help improve their weaker foot

Idk if that only works for young players because there are some players like Willian who have an excellent technique but he only can play with his right foot. I mean  idk it could be possible to train some players in their prime who only play with one foot.

Edited by pelidaaq

I haven't seen the PPM appear by itself, but aside of what Rashidi said about technique general training. you sometimes get in the training comments "player is trying to improve his weaker foot on his free time". 

This is usually when you notice the most improvements. To be honest I wouldn't mind if weak foot improvement was easier to track as it really requires you to play very close attention, and given the lwoer granularity it may not be noticed sometimes. Some kind of arrow like for attributes would be cool.

And this happens for older players by the way. Not only young ones. I have seen some 25yo training it. It seems good personalities make it much more likely (sepcially if the player is older). Its the only pattern I have found.  Improvements are overall more common in younger players though as like with most things.

Edited by Jervaj

• 3 months later...

That is a really baffling decision, coaches in real life can definitely work specifically on the weaker foot of a player, so why shouldn't they anymore in FM?

This was always the first thing I did with any new signing (I rarely train any of the other player traits) and it is vital to get rid of the weak foot, for example for a left-sided CB or a WB that you wanna play on the other side.

So now I am forced to change the team training (which I never touch) in order to get a few individual players to get rid of their weak foot?!

What if some of the players are in the defensive unit and and some in the attacking unit? I don't wanna complete screw up their team training just because of one attribute.

This a really odd decision.