Adding Shirt Number to Player > Overview > Profile Screen

stevemc

Hi there,

I play with the basic skin the game comes with, but with background transparency and few minor adjustments I've made along the way, but on the Player > Overview > Profile screen there is a lot of wasted space on the far right of the top banner. I'd like to know if it's possible to add the players assigned shirt number to that space, like the example I've mocked up below:

Current:

C0rgEHl.jpg

New:

IMXDtSz.jpg

This is for the the Player > Overview > Profile screen, not Player > Overview > Attribute screen, and I also want this only on the player screens, not managers or staff.

Is it possible? And which files does it effects within the skin?

Edited by stevemc

10 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

player profile personal details.xml is the red box.

Cheers, any idea what line of code I would need to add in to achieve this?

Edited by stevemc

<widget class="label" id="sqco"  auto_size="horizontal" size="15" alignment="centre_y, centre_x,can_scale" font="fonts/team" multiline="false" >
            <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" embed_in_frame="true" />

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="Psnu" />
                </record>
            </widget>

for the players shirt number (if he has one)

21 hours ago, stevemc said:

@wkdsoul I've added that line of code into the player profile personal details.xml but it's not changed anything as far as I can see?

player profile personal details.xml 7.64 kB · 3 downloads

The xml file you need to edit is "player personal detail panel.xml"

Also, need to put the lines wkdsoul suggested inside a container, try this:

<!--Shirt Number-->
			<container width="100" priority="6">
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" gap="0" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" id="sqco"  auto_size="horizontal" size="60" alignment="centre_y, centre_x,can_scale" font="fonts/actions" multiline="false" colour="secondary">
            <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" embed_in_frame="true" />

</record>
            </widget>
			</container>

Adjust "priority" value according to what's the last priority number you see in your file, and adjust "width" "size"  values with what you prefer.

If this doesn't work, make sure you are adding this after the correct "</container>". For example this is the last bit I had and where I added the new lines:

<!-- Wage demands -->
					<container id="wdco" width="150" priority="5">
						<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" gap="0" offset="0" />
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="label" alignment="left,bottom" font="label" colour="secondary">
							<translation id="text" translation_id="335516" type="use" value="Wage Demands[COMMENT: scout report panel label]" />
						</widget>
						<widget class="label" id="wade" alignment="left,top" style="semi_bold" colour="secondary"/>
					</container>
				</container>
			</container>

<!-- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is the last widget I have (priority 5)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-->

<!--Shirt Number-->

<widget class="label" id="sqco"  auto_size="horizontal" size="60" alignment="centre_y, centre_x,can_scale" font="fonts/actions" multiline="false" colour="secondary">

</record>
            </widget>
			</container>
<!-- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^new lines^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-->			
		</container>
	</container>
</panel>

Edited by mamba34

• 2 weeks later...

@mamba34  @Watson156

I've tried everything above, but cannot get it to work - can't even get it to show up, let alone adjust the size etc - I've followed your steps, and moved the code between the different <container> lines too, but it won't show no matter where I put it.

I've attached my .xml incase I've missed something obvious.

player personal details panel.xml

Edited by stevemc

14 minutes ago, stevemc said:

@mamba34  @Watson156

I've tried everything above, but cannot get it to work - can't even get it to show up, let alone adjust the size etc - I've followed your steps, and moved the code between the different <container> lines too, but it won't show no matter where I put it.

I've attached my .xml incase I've missed something obvious.

player personal details panel.xml 13.34 kB · 0 downloads

You got it too high, its 2 container lines form the bottom. you have 4

@wkdsoulI put this cod

<!--Shirt Number-->

<widget class="label" id="sqco"  auto_size="horizontal" size="60" alignment="centre_y, centre_x,can_scale" font="fonts/actions" multiline="false" colour="secondary">

</record>
            </widget>
            </container>

to the panel from my (Rensie) skin. But dont work. I'm doing something wrong, for this I ask for help.

9 minutes ago, lembergman said:

@wkdsoulI put this cod

<!--Shirt Number-->

<widget class="label" id="sqco"  auto_size="horizontal" size="60" alignment="centre_y, centre_x,can_scale" font="fonts/actions" multiline="false" colour="secondary">

</record>
            </widget>
            </container>

to the panel from my (Rensie) skin. But dont work. I'm doing something wrong, for this I ask for help.

where did you add it?

it should be above 

</container>
  </container>
</panel>

at the bottom of the xml

I decided to try something. If you add the <!--Shirt Number--> code to the bottom to the scouting part, the number will be here only if that player is scouted already.

Scouted...

obrazek.thumb.png.8af6dacabd9e99855ea6d374164ec49f.png

Scouting required

obrazek.thumb.png.6c70491e5d116e1ef2b77328ecc4ddda.png

I took the code from the FMC skin/panels/players/personal details panels

<!-- Back of kit -->
		<widget id="cKit" class="kit_icon" width="170" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" kit_path="zoomed/large" kit_number_path="large" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt"/>
		</widget>

If you will leave it like this, the number will be here along the back of the kit and the surname of the player.

obrazek.thumb.png.f45af3b2d4672e841bbfd07c1d9b944d.png

I edited it:

• deleted "zoomed" from the part "kit_path="zoomed/large" to have with without the back of the kit.
  • I added "file="generic/number2" as I created the second file for the numbers (I use "file="generic/number" within player pop up profile to not have here the surname of the player)
  • I changed inset="15,0,8,0" to inset="1,0,1,0" so I now have the number bigger.

obrazek.thumb.png.a33aeed6fa53bebca21e54b91b2a5658.png

And the last change was I moved the widget to the personal details behind the Youth Caps and edited the minimum_width of the first container to 450 to have it all here.

obrazek.thumb.png.e2fca8ca9d4fc4ab0acea83a8859fa03.png

It also means the number is here even if you don't have the player scouted and he has the number assigned.

obrazek.thumb.png.9f89774baeff35a39fddfcf1a4b3d48f.pngobrazek.thumb.png.736c7a62afd51402c372c6d0dc68f675.png

obrazek.thumb.png.cb914fa1652958cd55a828163f458e5b.pngobrazek.thumb.png.1b2de07166323542305d25b9bf0599f7.png

*I'm using transparent personal details panel so I only have to figure out how to change the numbers colours to white for all the teams here. But that's probably not possible as it would mean the numbers would be white everywhere.

obrazek.thumb.png.d171bf7efe47c681bdc8b902b6d3d220.png

• 4 months later...

@keysi

spacer.png

IT'S DONNE!!!!!!! ahahahha

I use this code:

<!--squad number-->
			<container width="450" id="sqco">
				<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top"  gap="0" />
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" />
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical,right" />
				<!-- Kit number -->
				<widget id="cKit" class="kit_icon" height="118" scale_picture="true" kit_zoom_level="2" priority="6">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="0" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0" />
				</widget>
            		</container>

on the bottom of player personal details panel.

The only thing that i really need help is with that thing that i talk to you on twitter. That i can't really do. If you help me i will be in great debt to you.

Edited by PequenoGenio

19 minutos atrás, lembergman disse:

@PequenoGenioCOOL STORY. but which line to add to see the number always? without a scout report...

1812977719_.jpg.1d2c92db35c9d6754eebf965a11b1db2.jpg

That i don't know. I just follow what @keysi and @wkdsoul said above and copy that code from the new keysi skin.

But i see the number even without the scout report:

spacer.png

Edited by PequenoGenio

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Let me know if it works

Unfortunately not. I can get them to show up in game but the logo at the bottom of the number is very blurry. I'll have a play around with it and see what I can do. Which folder of numbers did you use? I'm currently using Large only, but there is also Small or Default. Should I be using one of those two or just leave them all in the numbers folder.

Which panel would allow me to change the font for the players name in the kit box? So far I haven't been able to find any player panel that seems to have a line of code that would indicate that it controls the player name and that I can alter it. Maybe I am just missing it!!

7 minutos atrás, Watson156 disse:

Unfortunately not. I can get them to show up in game but the logo at the bottom of the number is very blurry. I'll have a play around with it and see what I can do. Which folder of numbers did you use? I'm currently using Large only, but there is also Small or Default. Should I be using one of those two or just leave them all in the numbers folder.

Which panel would allow me to change the font for the players name in the kit box? So far I haven't been able to find any player panel that seems to have a line of code that would indicate that it controls the player name and that I can alter it. Maybe I am just missing it!!

Try to look here:

spacer.pngspacer.png

image.png.6a5189f4e0e3c623268b53d6af35330b.pngApologies if the screenshot is too big. What do I need to change to sort the sizing out?

<!--squad number-->
            <container width="115" id="sqco">
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top"  gap="0" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical,left" />
                <!-- Kit number -->
                <widget id="cKit" class="kit_icon" height="130" kit_path="default" scale_picture="true" kit_zoom_level="2" priority="1">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" />

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

image.png.6a5189f4e0e3c623268b53d6af35330b.pngApologies if the screenshot is too big. What do I need to change to sort the sizing out?

<!--squad number-->
            <container width="115" id="sqco">
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top"  gap="0" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical,left" />
                <!-- Kit number -->
                <widget id="cKit" class="kit_icon" height="130" kit_path="default" scale_picture="true" kit_zoom_level="2" priority="1">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" />

You need to edit name and number inset values in the kit_icon file in skin folder/panels/generic.

On 14/12/2020 at 20:52, keysi said:

You need to edit name and number inset values in the kit_icon file in skin folder/panels/generic.

Mate, thanks for that. One last question, Is it possible to have the club logo behind the player face? Ideally, between and behind the kit and player?