[FM24 & older] [SKIN] Dark Polish Skins

Ceyvol

10 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Yes I'm sure

Weird

I will try to reload the skin and put it again 

Go to Preferences, click Reset in down left corner and choose "Clear cache". Also untick "Use cache to decrease loading times" in Interface section. Maybe some temporary files from other skin are interfering with mine - I'm just pretty sure I saw different skin having this problem earlier. I don't have any other ideas. No one else reported scoreboard problem so far.

4 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I've used the skin on my laptop (Which I'm on now) but on my pc downstairs has the BS so I can select the backgrounds which is not how it should work (but then again I'm no skin maker)

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Please describe the problem in more detail.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

So I I've got a laptop which has the skin and it's got it on the pc right? it uses a background selector right? but on the laptop it's not got a background selector shown so I can't use the backgrounds I've downloaded :rolleyes:

if it's the same skin file you use for both desktop and laptop, it may be a bug in the skin, there is also the possibility that the creator was unable to make it work on the laptop and therefor made it vanish on laptops.

Edited by snowofman

Just now, snowofman said:

if it's the same skin file you use for both desktop and laptop, it may be a bug in the skin, there is also the possibility that the creator was unable to make it work on the laotio and therefor made it vanish on laptops.

Ah make sense 

2 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

Yeah but I thought the OP should be here as that person made the skin to make it work for both 

There can be many reasons why a person is not replying, it's only been 19 min since he last time replied to you :)
where he didnt understand your issue

maybe after your last reply to him, he's looking into the problem to see if it's doing the same on his side or maybe he's gone to work etc.

i believe he will get back to you as soon as he's able and will be able to give you a proper answer once he know what you were on about. :)

Just now, snowofman said:

There can be many reasons why a person is not replying, it's only been 19 min since he last time replied to you :)
where he didnt understand your issue

maybe after your last reply to him, he's looking into the problem to see if it's doing the same on his side or maybe he's gone to work etc.

i believe he will get back to you as soon as he's able and will be able to give you a proper answer once he know what you were on about. :)

Yeah true I mean I'm  currently on my laptop right now but I'll go downstairs for my PC and play until he returns with an answer I wonder would it need to be a low res skin for it to work, not sure as I'm no skin maker 

Damn, I only went grab something to eat :D

There is no difference how skin works between laptops and desktops. BS button should be visible no matter the circumstances. There is however difference in how skin can behave on certain resolutions. What resolution do you use on your laptop? Perhaps it's something atypical? Or maybe you use some scaling? Can't help if I don't know what I'm dealing with.

As this is interface bug you're reporting, some screenshots would be appreciated.

11 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

Damn, I only went grab something to eat :D

There is no difference how skin works between laptops and desktops. BS button should be visible no matter the circumstances. There is however difference in how skin can behave on certain resolutions. What resolution do you use on your laptop? Perhaps it's something atypical? Or maybe you use some scaling? Can't help if I don't know what I'm dealing with.

As this is interface bug you're reporting, some screenshots would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I'll post some when I'm up in bed oh and I didn't know you were getting something to eat :lol:

My bad I had the wrong dark skin :cool: thanks anyway

• 1 month later...

Dark Polish Skin 23 v2.0 - DOWNLOAD

v2.0 - changelog:

Club Overview:
- added 10 extra club infos
- added 10 extra stadium infos
- added manager tenure info
- color icons for last five results
- small trophies display (shows up to 5-7 most important trophies depening on your resolution)

Tactic screen:
- dark tactic screen (optional)
- larger player pictures (optional)
- tabbed "recent matches analysis"/"past meetings" under tactic screen (optional, high res thing mostly)

Match:
- player pictures in team talk screen
- player pictures in match bottom bar
- larger font for match commentary
- disabled touchline tablet automatic transparency when over the ball (optional)

Other:
- stadium picture in fixture details panel
- left&right foot indicator in player overview
- reenabled percentage icon for "Overall Phisical Condition/Match Sharpness" (hidden by default, can be added by customising your squad view)
- bit larger font for some small titles, including continue buton
- some other small visual tweaks and touches

Simplified modding (follow manual in "MODS" folder):
- custom font / default font
- instant result buttons / no instant result buttons
- dark tactic screen / green tactic screen
- suitability pies / no suitability pies
- larger tactic screen faces / normal tactic screen faces
- tabbed analysis|past meetings / analysis only
- disabled tablet transparency / enabled tablet transparency
- scoreborad with logos only / scoreboard with logos and full team names

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, cabianca.alex said:

Hi, thanks for the skin; Unfortunately when i put the files in the "skin" folder,the game crash. How can i solve this? Thanks in advance.

Hi, not possible if done correctly - there wasn't single issue like that reported after thousands of downloads. Are you sure you put "Dark Polish Skin 23" folder inside "skins" folder? Because you said you put "files" and you said "in the "skin" folder".

If you actually did everything correctly, just like it's done with other skins, then maybe some other game modifications are at force here. Anyway the skin itself can't be the problem, as it is one of the least intrusive skins there are.

• 8 months later...

Great looking forward to it!

Edit: I am using FM23 version with FM24. Works flawlessy. I tried modding the scouting card with someone else .xml file, but it wouldn't work. I really want to see the attributes like in FM21, haha.

Ofcourse there are some bugs like:

When hovering on the continue button

image.png.e4c4edf91199f32cffc76c60b0c52f74.png

and

image.png.197eb49c0e6739c569e0cdcd7f773ae9.png

and

image.png.9ec87f43a3d8debba952d3c694d2485d.png

During the match.

image.thumb.png.2fad2343d3e6eb25522ab3fe9099bbcd.png

But I am impressed the skin works. Surely need some tweaks + updates for FM24

Edit: Deleting the match continue panel fixed the pause button.

Edited by RinusFM

@RinusFM Thanks, it's true, 23 version is generally usable in 24, if someone's not picky with minor bugs and not bored with FM23 skin design. I worked last year on tiding up skin files, which was supposed to improve such transition. I'm glad you could benefit from that.

As for the attached images, I fixed all of those. Thanks for the input.

For now skin is about 99% done. I need to do some gameplay testing and it should be ready to go either late at night or early tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!

@CeyvolThanks. I really like the skin. It's dark, it's useful, and its doesn't burn my eyes or the colors are all over the place. Wish I knew how to edit the scouting card, tho. Maybe an awesome suggestion for a mod, just like the other mods in your skin. Looking forward to the FM24 skin.

Edited by RinusFM

• Ceyvol changed the title to [FM24 & older] [SKIN] Dark Polish Skin

@PequenoGenio  I see you switched to default font. It is "mod" option, because anyone can delete fonts folder anyway - although it's not intented way to use the skin, so bugs like that can happen. It's weird though, as I don't recall this specific issue happening last year.

This should be fixed now in v1.02 if you re-download.

Edited by Ceyvol

1 hora atrás, Ceyvol disse:

@dekallt No, this is due to replaced font. Thanks for reporting this issue.

It's fixed now in v1.04.

I notice that the problems you already fixed is because of the space that requires the proxima nova font

i only have the original release of the skin and i dont have those "problems" you fixed because i changed the main font other than proxima nova

3 hours ago, GnuGoku said:

I notice that the problems you already fixed is because of the space that requires the proxima nova font

i only have the original release of the skin and i dont have those "problems" you fixed because i changed the main font other than proxima nova

That is correct observation, however I was always aware of this space difference and I don't see this as something like creating problems myself. One of the main reasons I made this skin couple of years ago was to switch back to ProximaNova, because FM poorly renders GT-America special characters of my native language - while with very similar ProximaNova does it flawlessly. For me switch to GT-America was always a step back, which my skin is intended to reverse.

I respect however those who likes current FM font more or have slightly different vision of my skin in some other areas. So as long as it's doable, I try to give people a choice by including easy to apply mods. And if that means I have to make two or three extra corrections (while game is still in beta!) to satisfy both sides, then so be it ;)

Edited by Ceyvol

5 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

@GOODNAME Tried it last year already, couldn't make it work.

@RinusFM I will examine this idea in following days. Is FM21 scouting card that much superior? I honestly don't remember it's design or having any negative first impressions about current one.

image.png.e651bd7a5064b444a4042e616a65250d.png

image.thumb.png.87c04bae7c31d1901a127463b3c19be9.png

They removed the stats, positions, medical-list, etc. It only shows stars, the stuffs like ''Enjoys big matches', and some other stuff. I think for scouting it's easier to see the stats, etc rather than just guessing on stars and have to click every player one by one to view them. Can be really annoying to go through 100 or 50 players. Specially if you're a big club. I think FM23 still had this layout. It was only changed until FM24.

Edited by RinusFM

• 1 month later...

Dark Polish Skin 24 v2 is here! And it's not alone!

GxBih3C.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ha0bcj6i5x0nkka/Dark_Polish_Skin_24.zip/file

With v2 I made possible to recolor whole Dark Polish Skin by changing roughly five RGB values, so I went wild and prepared twelve alternative versions - barely 5KB each! I personally recommend "Teal" and "Purple", which refers to FM17 and FM19 default skins, or "Silver" and "Slate", which can be considered light versions of the skin. The rest is for specific colour enthusiasts. Every skin fully supports background packs!

Thank you for all your support.

Depending on how much skinmaking will change with FM25 going to Unity engine, this might be last edition of Dark Polish Skin. Or it might not! Maybe it won't be so bad. But actually every year I hope it is the last. Not because creating next skin might be harder. I simply hope creating it won't be necessary anymore.

For now I consider this project pretty much complete. With v2 released I implemented all key ideas I had since I started in FM20. There isn't much more I can do with my skinmaking skills. Of course I might tweak something from time to time, if it catches my eye. I will support this skin until FM24 is over, if anything comes up.

If you are Dark Polish Skins enjoyer and you would like to thank me for my skins via donation, I will be honoured. Any extra profit will ease me with medical expenses related to my heart condition (DCM), which forces me to work only part-time. Thank you once again.

I wish us all good looking FM25!

Donate to Dark Polish Skin

v2.0 changelog:
- twelve alternative versions of the skin - 5KB each!
- refined transparency support - try background packs for new experience!
- new translucent tactic screen
- scout report card with attributes tab & more
- restored condition/sharpness percentage widget
- player faces in squad overview
- unpurpled manager timeline
- lots of tiny fixes and adjustments
- new optional mod: non-transparent inbox

jANrnNc.pngF4Kqp0i.png

ak1LXri.pngF5HEqSq.png

2JaQUIQ.pngcQixCIC.png

2xXB26g.pngTQ1Xcy4.png

Edited by Ceyvol

• Ceyvol changed the title to [FM24 & older] [SKIN] Dark Polish Skins
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cabianca.alex said:

Good evening,is it possible to fix a translation?

you can see if there is another id for a similar word in the language file

located here - Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\languages

else you'll have to report it as a bug or remove the translation id and just name it your custom name

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, safasirin said:

How were you able to make the color of the match results the same color as the tournament color?

I set colours of specific containers and texts as "primary" and "secondary" using "red_replacement=" command in following files:

- competition fixtures item panel detailed.xml
- competition fixtures item panel roundup detailed.xml
at Dark Polish Skin/panels/competition

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much. I took a huge break of the game cause I was not really satisfied, but I am back and enjoying your updated skin. I will donate soon! May Dwayna look upon you!

• 5 weeks later...

I still use your skin and I'm very grateful for the included colorways and mods. Regarding the mods, there is a very small bug when it comes to using the deafult FM font instead of yours. On the tactics screen, the button which expands the tactic view, has a spacing issue between icon and text.

Skrmbillede2024-02-25kl_02_52_25.png.5ea308acf6a0e1074c493ffd4e4c097d.png

The issue go away when you click on a player and go back. Suddenly there is perfect spacing between the two. The issue reappears as soon as you go onto a different tab, e.g. your squad, and then back into tactics though. Is there an easy way to simply remove the tactic icon? I've tried looking through every folder in your skin, but I can't seem to find it.

I’ve also noticed that the shirt numbers are slightly too far up on the shirts when the tactics panel is collapsed. If you know where I can adjust the position of those I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by Svartowiz

Thank you for kind words and feedback, @Svartowiz.

I am aware of both issues. The first one is not really font or icon related, this slight shift happens in general - it just might be less visible with ProximaNova. I remember I invesitaged it, but came to conclusion that it's some random scaling bug which is not fixible by skinning.

As for tactic icon itself, it is leftover from previous years, as my tactic screen files originate from older FMs. I already suspected that removing the icon might be the final solution for this issue, but since it wasn't really noticeable with ProximaNova, I ended up not doing it. But maybe I will, as you pointed it doesn't fit with default font. I plan to release at least one more skin update after 24.3 patch, so I will adress it in some way.

I'm also aware of the numbers positioning, but their position on both full and collapsed pitch is controlled by the same value. The way it's now is the most optimum way to make them look good on full pitch and decent on collapsed one. If I'll lower them, they will be too low in the full view.

The only way to somewhat adjust it would be making the numbers smaller (as in default skin), but the difference still would be barely noticable and I think not worth it, at the cost of numbers readability.

Also I already spent way too much time pixelhunting it to current state :D

Cheers

Edited by Ceyvol

Thank you for your response. They are very minor issues, so don't worry. Just wanted to point them out if you for some reason didn't know about them.  :)

The thing with the numbers makes perfect sense, I agree that the full view is much more important.

Edited by Svartowiz