RDF! Wolves 1st in Prem 1st season. Unbeaten 1st season City! 442!

First off, may i apologise to those who have supported my training guides and shared tweaked tactics. Also apologise to those who were waiting for me to reply to there questions

I have decided to remove my content for the time being (if i'm still allowed here) due to differences with Moderators and SI Staff. 

i was banned on the 26th April due to have a previous banning. My ban previously was because of bad behaviour. This ban was a warning because of my previous ban. Makes sense? yeah exactly. I was given an explanation and in that explanation i did no wrong doing. i was banned because the mod assumed the thread was going in the wrong direction. 

Today, i wanted to make a complaint only for the SI to tell me i already have made a complaint (which i haven't) and that they were happy with the outcome of the ban THOUGH this ban was no explained to me when it was given. I was then told by the Moderator that he had a headache, the reason why he couldn't write the explanation but was well enough to issue a ban. i broke NO rules but still, received a ban.

Not that my content is valuable to this site, but I care about the work I share and I'm passionate about it. 

So therefore, if I can not make a complaint and SI staff are happy i was banned me for no reason other than because of a ban before, my content should be removed as it's clear this forum has no regards to my feelings what so ever. I stay up all night to help and share work, and to get treated like this doesn't feel nice, specially when i just want to help people

i hope people can understand my frustration.

thanks guys.

RDF 4-4-2 - Custom .fmf

Edited by RDF Tactics

3 hours ago, FM Base said:

Would love to test this one

its on the FMbase site! :cool:

1 minute ago, Mawka said:

@RDF Tactics Gotta give it a try on my save. :)

excellent! what team are you?

and should've posted in the OP that i let my ass take over training (i done the training in pre season, just lots of match prep like att movement and deff movement, so everyone gets familiar with the tactic quickly) but i'm in control of individual training, i train players in their best position and role unless i want to retrain them into a certain position. will add stuff in OP once i finished my test with Wolves 

1 minute ago, RDF Tactics said:

excellent! what team are you?

and should've posted in the OP that i let my ass take over training (i done the training in pre season, just lots of match prep like att movement and deff movement, so everyone gets familiar with the tactic quickly) but i'm in control of individual training, i train players in their best position and role unless i want to retrain them into a certain position. will add stuff in OP once i finished my test with Wolves 

Still managing Stuttgart, i also let my AM handle general team training. I'm only doing the individual training part, focusing on tactic roles. Will add SS after half season. ty mate. 

Considering i've made a lot of changes to the first team 2nd place in the league is good, i'm lacking team cohesion atm and i think that's the cause of some bad performances. I see good potential on the tactic, need to try it in a new save with a better team, don't like to manage top teams. I prefer mid top - sub top clubs. Sharing my half season results. @RDF Tactics Do you play with mentality during a game? I think it may improve results at least when we are managing sub top teams.

20191228152311_1.jpg

20191228152328_1.jpg

20191228152349_1.jpg

20191228152408_1.jpg

30 minutes ago, hal107 said:

Tactic working every well, I'm testing with AFC Fylde, do you use any opposition instructions?

No oppo instructions. I do need to find out who works best on the wing roles though. Because I’m using IW wingers but I use Traore on the right and he’s right footed and performing brilliant. He does have “moves ball to left foot when dribbling” so that may help but I also use Vinagre left mid and he performs good too

your playmaker will be key too 

18 minutes ago, Mawka said:

Considering i've made a lot of changes to the first team 2nd place in the league is good, i'm lacking team cohesion atm and i think that's the cause of some bad performances. I see good potential on the tactic, need to try it in a new save with a better team, don't like to manage top teams. I prefer mid top - sub top clubs. Sharing my half season results. @RDF Tactics Do you play with mentality during a game? I think it may improve results at least when we are managing sub top teams.

20191228152311_1.jpg

20191228152328_1.jpg

20191228152349_1.jpg

20191228152408_1.jpg

thanks a lot for the feedback! much appreciated!

i haven't touched mentality. i'm afraid it'll change some things i enjoy about the tactic. but i understand what you're saying, sometimes in the city test, i felt the team could be a little more adventurous but i was loving the clean sheets lol

May I ask what type of football you expect to see.

Looking at the TI it suggests a possession game with quick passing - would I be right?

The only tactics I can find success with seem to be balls over the top with quick attackers, would be nice to see something different.

Thanks for posting your tactic.

1 hour ago, Skiinted said:

May I ask what type of football you expect to see.

Looking at the TI it suggests a possession game with quick passing - would I be right?

The only tactics I can find success with seem to be balls over the top with quick attackers, would be nice to see something different.

Thanks for posting your tactic.

that's exactly it. if you look at the goal analysis in OP, we score MANY different types of goals and assists come from left right and centre. its typical for your advanced forward to be quick, but its not the most vital, its more about off the ball movement. Jimenez and Cutrone aren't exactly the quickest but do have decent pace which would be expected in the top league, but we don't rely on the pace as we don't use "pass into space" in our approach play. It's also unusual to use IW with attacking width wide, but the idea is to give your wide players space to dribble as we top the most dribbles per game table.

20191228200857_1.thumb.jpg.24c398010e5a2519827dcd596b881960.jpg20191228200941_1.thumb.jpg.c0c2b319bb126f8b5f4cce71fc254e04.jpg

we created the most chances by far! also whats impressive, we have the best crossing completion! also most shots on target ratio

Edited by RDF Tactics

Tried this tactic for the last eight games of the season after struggling with West Ham. Won six (including against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea), drew one and lost one (3-2 against team bottom of the league after being 2-0 up and having a man sent off....)

Can't wait to start the new season with the tactic and see how it gets on for the full season!

7 hours ago, andre62 said:

@RDF Tactics Any change against big teams or away games?

Not really. When I play them at home, I usually take off “get stuck in” but only if the top team is on form... away games, sometimes I put “tighter marking” but I didn’t see a huge difference. I’ll keep trying little things out but as Wolves, it’s hard to tell if changes work or not as I’m not expecting to get results away against big teams

3 hours ago, Jon06WHUFC said:

Tried this tactic for the last eight games of the season after struggling with West Ham. Won six (including against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea), drew one and lost one (3-2 against team bottom of the league after being 2-0 up and having a man sent off....)

Can't wait to start the new season with the tactic and see how it gets on for the full season!

Excellent! I’m starting my 2nd season at Wolves. Currently keep winning by only 1 goal, and a 0-0 draw away to Chelsea. My team has changed a lot and my best performer, Moutinho, left on a free 😭 I offered him a contract but he went to Porto 

Was very excited about this tactic. Was doing well with your other tactic but my strikers were kinda struggling so wanted to try this. So switched pre-season and it did not end well. Lost one of the pre-season matches 3-8, not a huge deal but the season start was disastrous. Lost the first 3 games even when dominating the statistics. Was offered to finish the season for Leicester who were underperforming so i went for it. Managed to beat Arsenal and City at home 3-1, and drew against Tottenham away. But lost to Everton and West Ham, both teams around me on the table. Even lost to Aston Villa at home, the bottom team on the table.

The Villa game was very typical of my struggles with fm20 so far. 23 shots, 11 on target. Villa only having 2 shots on goal in total. You would think Vardy would dominate when having numbers like that but he's not, he's missing everything and got a 6.3 rating that game. This has been the pattern with most tactics ive tried so far.

3 hours ago, zombo said:

Was very excited about this tactic. Was doing well with your other tactic but my strikers were kinda struggling so wanted to try this. So switched pre-season and it did not end well. Lost one of the pre-season matches 3-8, not a huge deal but the season start was disastrous. Lost the first 3 games even when dominating the statistics. Was offered to finish the season for Leicester who were underperforming so i went for it. Managed to beat Arsenal and City at home 3-1, and drew against Tottenham away. But lost to Everton and West Ham, both teams around me on the table. Even lost to Aston Villa at home, the bottom team on the table.

The Villa game was very typical of my struggles with fm20 so far. 23 shots, 11 on target. Villa only having 2 shots on goal in total. You would think Vardy would dominate when having numbers like that but he's not, he's missing everything and got a 6.3 rating that game. This has been the pattern with most tactics ive tried so far.

weird because i have no problem betting lesser teams or strikers scoring. who controls your team talk, training, individual training, match briefings and OIs?

i control match talk, assistant does training but i handle individual training. i control match briefings (i always skip them) but NEVER let your ass manager do it. and NO ois 

14 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

5 matchs 5L with this tactics

lmao

maybe you could post screenshots? your squad. form before plugging the tactic. constructive criticism maybe? "lmao" isn't helping anyone.

this is my 3rd test now and its producing similar results...

20191229164134_1.thumb.jpg.af4532f9f242690e4991895d066afe9e.jpg20191229164117_1.thumb.jpg.4d602e27647abe3977fe5c9cdfb5477c.jpg

i also see you're a fan of TFFs lol. please don't tell me you're one of 75 ;) lol

Edited by RDF Tactics

Dear RDF:

Firstly I can assure you that I am not one of TFF Smurf accounts .

I am about to test your tactic out on my newly promoted derby county side .

I will do as you adviced on fmbase:

in away games remove get stuck in and use narrow defense.(I recommend you post that particular tweak here tho , a home and away version.)

Ill tell you how it goes but I don't got my hopes up!

Your 4-4-2 was tested on fmarena and it scored lower than even the 4-4-1-1 playmaking fun , specifically :

121pts underdog 105pts favorite (which is fairly mediocre) , but I will try it for myself and make my own conclusions just for fun :hammer::idiot:

UPDATE: I won all the preseason friendlies against various amateur and league 2 ish lvl sides , but very first game against everton at home conceded 5 in the first half :)

finished 4-5

https://ibb.co/pWnbQ5H

second game won 5-1 away to wolves using away version👍🏿

third game lost 3-5 to city at home using away lowe red card

There u go lad wont test any further , I've seen finer thangs out there.

resultsrdf.jpg

Edited by magicnut

Decided to give it a go as my own tactic doesn't really work with Arsenal as it uses wingbacks not wide midfielders/wingers meaning most of the attacking players can't get on the pitch! Had the dreaded 'one more bad result' news message so thought I'd give this a go to see if it can save my job, it has so far :thup:

BEFORE

m7P4jWO.png

AFTER

vNvLR1Y.png

Have had to make a couple of changes to suit my players, F9 to PF and moved both wide midfielders forward. Cavani aside (quick replacement after sale of Lacazette) the squad is reasonably weak as idea of my current save is to bring through as many of the promising youngsters as possible over time rather than just spend millions on big name players, though I will still buy good youngsters if not gonna cost a fortune.

gmDxql9.png

12 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Decided to give it a go as my own tactic doesn't really work with Arsenal as it uses wingbacks not wide midfielders/wingers meaning most of the attacking players can't get on the pitch! Had the dreaded 'one more bad result' news message so thought I'd give this a go to see if it can save my job, it has so far :thup:

BEFORE

m7P4jWO.png

AFTER

vNvLR1Y.png

Have had to make a couple of changes to suit my players, F9 to PF and moved both wide midfielders forward. Cavani aside (quick replacement after sale of Lacazette) the squad is reasonably weak as idea of my current save is to bring through as many of the promising youngsters as possible over time rather than just spend millions on big name players, though I will still buy good youngsters if not gonna cost a fortune.

gmDxql9.png

Lad you "tweaked " the tactic so much that its effectively a whole new tactic.

@magicnutt thank you for your feedback! will look more into it. my concern is in my tests. the defence was a strong point. i noticed, my 2nd season with Wolves, we started conceding more, but that was a little expected

@SortitoutsiVP thank you for the tweak and testing! your tweak looks very impressive and will have to use it myself! haha i started out with the pressing fwd along with advanced forward, but with a f9 my strikers seemed to score more goals. it seems this tactic gives very mixed results, some people are conceding heavily whilst others are getting similar results. so the base may be good and need a few tweaks

On 31/12/2019 at 09:42, RDF Tactics said:

@magicnutt thank you for your feedback! will look more into it. my concern is in my tests. the defence was a strong point. i noticed, my 2nd season with Wolves, we started conceding more, but that was a little expected

@SortitoutsiVP thank you for the tweak and testing! your tweak looks very impressive and will have to use it myself! haha i started out with the pressing fwd along with advanced forward, but with a f9 my strikers seemed to score more goals. it seems this tactic gives very mixed results, some people are conceding heavily whilst others are getting similar results. so the base may be good and need a few tweaks

I'm sure you'll find the right balance. Either way what you've done with Wolves is a damn good achievement!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to gain a better understanding of tactics and I was hoping you could help me by answering a quick question?

Why do you have one IF on support and one IF on attack? I notice people do the same with full backs. What's the reasoning behind this?