[FM20] AC Milan: Rossoneri

stevemc

On 04/01/2020 at 13:26, stevemc said:

It was horrible, literally won the league with a 90th minute winner only for them to equalise!

Zlatan was awful but I posted it in the feedback thread because he was my designated penalty taker and due to the bug he kept missing them so he ratings dropped and morale was poor.

As soon as Ronaldo retires it will be much easier to win the league.

Actually Zlatan scored 19 league goals for me, won the serie a with 90pts same as juve but won them twice at the league so ****ed them

• 4 weeks later...

I had an excellenct Milan game earlier this year. But i got a takeover, where they bought Betancour and Naby Keita for around 1.6 billion pounds, and that tilted me. It screwed my system up, and it screwed up my economy. So i decided to try some other games, but nothing caught me like this team. I love playing with big teams, who have fallen hard. So i decided to start up again. I decided to start in december 2020, with no transfers and a winter update, so that they have their normal teams. I took over Milan after the first season, where they ended number 7. Anybody else playing with this magical team?

• 2 weeks later...

MIlan look a bit more difficult to manage in the update, a few of their players have been downgraded and Piatek and Suso (two of the most overrated players in the game) have gone. You do have a very slow Zlatan though.

• 1 month later...

Which rol and position did you use for Hakan Calhanoglu? Becouse i used him as Inside Forward, Inverted Winger in AML position, and as advance playmaker in M (CR) but i cant get the best off him, in his best season only 1 goal and 2 asist in 29 matches. Pretty poor. I tried to sell him, but nobody wanted him

• 3 weeks later...

I hesitate between two players in the first transfer window. Moussa Dembele (25.5M €) or (Belotti 35M €)

Belotti wants 750000€ monthly and Dembele wants 580000€ monthly.

I sold for 0€ Zlatan to Leicester because I need pacy strikers.

Who should I choose ?

• 3 months later...

Hopefully the moderators won't mind me reviving the thread, but I have a question for those who play(ed) as AC Milan on the January transfer database. Which players would you recommend as cover for Bennacer and Kessie? I'm not sure if I should sell Biglia or maybe not immediately. The money reserves look good until I realize most players are so pricey that I can't afford covering the LB, CB, CM and CF spots all at once.

22 hours ago, Bunkerossian said:

Hopefully the moderators won't mind me reviving the thread, but I have a question for those who play(ed) as AC Milan on the January transfer database. Which players would you recommend as cover for Bennacer and Kessie? I'm not sure if I should sell Biglia or maybe not immediately. The money reserves look good until I realize most players are so pricey that I can't afford covering the LB, CB, CM and CF spots all at once.

What roles are you using for Bennacer and Kessie?

I'm using a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide formation with Bennacer as an AP and Kessie as a B2B. Bonaventura covers Bennacer and I've singed Sangare from Toulouse to cover Kessie

Just now, smplfc123 said:

What roles are you using for Bennacer and Kessie?

I'm using a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide formation with Bennacer as an AP and Kessie as a B2B. Bonaventura covers Bennacer and I've singed Sangare from Toulouse to cover Kessie

Bennacer will be a DLP for me, due to his solid defensive capabilities. Perhaps DLP-D, but Support is possible. Kessie will be BBM.

3 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

Sangare has been good for me so far as cover for Kessie. He only costs around £6/7m but he does take up a non-eu signing spot.

Happy with the price. As for non-EU spots, I need to leave at least one for James Rodriguez in case I get an offer for Calhanoglu. I do want a set piece maestro for scraping by games. I assume Biglia is your DM?

Fair one pal :thup:

In my first season I played a flat 4-4-2 as I didn't feel I had the depth for a 4-1-4-1, so it was Bennacer and Kessie. I let Biglia go as he took up too much in wages.

Now in season 2, I've brought in Locatelli from Sassuolo, so he plays in the DM position, with Bennacer and Kessi ahead of him.

Edited by smplfc123

3 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

Fair one pal :thup:

In my first season I played a flat 4-4-2 as I didn't feel I had the depth for a 4-1-4-1, so it was Bennacer and Kessie. I let Biglia go as he took up too much in wages.

Now in season 2, I've brought in Locatelli from Sassuolo, so he plays in the DM position, with Bennacer and Kessi ahead of him.

4-4-2 means you brought in a striker? My scouts could only find one affordable guy for that position- Rafael Borre. The scout on task was raving about him as well. Problem is- he can't finish, even though he is the perfect partner for a lazy Ibra. Also takes up a non-EU spot.

31 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

No I have transfers turned off in the first window, so used Ibra, Leao, Rebic and Paqueta as the options up top.

Paqueta was very good as DLF.

Paqueta as a DLF- that is something I hadn't thought of. My biggest tactical issue is that possession football goes with high closing down (and from the front!). That doesn't work well when the only guy with high Work Rate is Rebić.

Edited by Bunkerossian

• 3 months later...
On 12/04/2020 at 22:35, durts said:

Which rol and position did you use for Hakan Calhanoglu? Becouse i used him as Inside Forward, Inverted Winger in AML position, and as advance playmaker in M (CR) but i cant get the best off him, in his best season only 1 goal and 2 asist in 29 matches. Pretty poor. I tried to sell him, but nobody wanted him

Calhanoglu had 23 assists in my first season at Milan. Played him as an Inside forward on Support duty in a possession based 4231/4141 system. Such a creative player. Although he was on set piece duties also and I take a lot of time to perfect my set piece routines, scored loads of goals from them. So that contributed a lot to his assist tally too. Class player 

images.jpeg-7.jpg