FM20: Unia Janikowo - Beyond Football Manager

Rikulec

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Lovely first season in the top flight! Nice to see the facilities upgraded! I hope your telling everyone at your club IRL that you will coach them to the top!

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately FM isn't very popular at the club, so I don't really talk about it. :lol:

23 horas atrás, enigmatic disse:

Great example of why not to take star ratings at Youth Intake day as exact indications of how good they'll end up.

Scroll a few screens back and he was rated as not the best player in a Liga I intake, with the potential to peak at probably be a bit better than most of the Liga I team. Now at 18 he looks certain to be too good for the Ekstraklasa in the near future

I do agree. if the player show some potential, even tho w/o stars, you just play him and watch it unfold.

Cheers,
Bitner

22 minutes ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Can honestly say first time seeing this thread ! and it is so neat ! wishing you massive luck in both real life and FM life. Both must be really exciting.

Thanks a lot! Playing FM as a club you support is already something special, but playing as your club is on a completely different level. It's an amazing experience with a whole new layer of personal affiliation. It's difficult to describe really, you'd have to see for yourself. I can only say I don't remember being so excited about the game ever before!

On a side note, I haven't had much free time this week, so apologies for the reduced frequency of updates. Things should kick off again from tomorrow evening, stay tuned. :thup:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2026/27 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

32TYbBc.jpg

We drew against a Russian Premier League side, which was nice.

Transfers

RJBV8fv.jpg

We had a massive budget for our stature, but I decided only to spend a fraction of it. Quality first.

Adrian Kaczmarczyk - a promising winger, I'm pleased to have got him on a free.

Kacper Piatek - this one we did have to pay for. Not as exciting, but better than what we had before.

Pawel Mackowiak - now this could be a fantastic capture if he develops at a good pace. Some very good rounded attributes at just 18 years of age, he could become really, really good.

Maciej Spychala - I've wanted to sign him for several windows and I finally could. Our new starting holding midfielder.

Kamil Burman - he may turn out good or not, but given how little we paid for him it's next to no risk.

Wojciech Staniszewski - our starting right back for the season.

Slawomir Jaworski and Maciej Zwolinski have been promoted from the youth team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

7qMiRWo.jpg

IwnxGF8.jpg

Two very similar games, in both cases the home team created more chances but the away one converted theirs better. A good start though, given who we were up against. The real interesting story is that of Piast though, they were relegated to II Liga in 2024 but they went on to win it the season after and now they're back in the Ekstraklasa after finishing 4th in the I Liga and winning the play-offs. That's remarkable, remember they won the top league in 2019!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Udbiskm.jpg

w5lSuO6.jpg

Decent again, we move up one place in the table. So far, so good.

Puchar Polski

CNyQbte.jpg

Not an easy game by any means as we had to turn it around, but we're through.

Podbeskidzie away in the next round.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

crRage2.jpg

xR9nSbw.jpg

A little bit of everything as we drop back down to 5th.

Puchar Polski

lxhlJH9.jpg

A good performance and a confident win, even if we took our time to clinch it.

r16kt4C.jpg

Another one to remember! Tomczyk's injury reduced their squad to 9 men and we really made the most of it. Seems Kędziora loves to score against the big boys, that's his second league goal of the season, the first one gave us a valuable point against Legia in Warsaw. He's now just four short of having 100 league goals for the club. Come on, lad!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

uOYJ5gP.jpg

rSVriGO.jpg

The ŁKS game was a major disappointment, but the rest of the month was fantastic. We came back from being two goals down twice to beat Lech and draw at Lechia, showing great spirit in both games. Is it time to openly aim for a top half finish?

20 minutes ago, Toffle said:

What a great start of the season! A win against Lech, draws against Legia and Lechia + you're still in the cup!

Keep up the good work!

We've had some great results this season, that really shows the progress these young lads have made. Thank you!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

QCGsxTp.jpg

VRrLwjm.jpg

Wow, an actual perfect month! It's been a while since we last had one of these. That leaves us in a fantastic position going into the winter break. What a season this is shaping up to be!

Puchar Polski

PjEATQu.jpg

That was nervy, but we're through, which means we're on our best cup run so far.

The easy part is over though, we're up against Legia in Warsaw in the quarter final.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Q5Zuulv.jpg

typa2ck.jpg

This is just unbelievable. Both Lech and Lechia had poor starts to the new year and incredibly we've hit the top spot with six games to go before the split. The Pogoń game somewhat brought us back to reality, but still, we're ****ing top.

Transfers

Dawid Arndt - the defeat to Pogoń could have been caused by Fabiszewski kicking off a huge fuss after me rejecting a transfer offer from Górnik Zabrze. He wants a move to a "bigger club", so I say okay, **** off. In comes Arndt, £40K from ŁKS.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

O7EDK7T.jpg

vx2CxKU.jpg

A slight blip followed the Pogoń game, but we seem to have recovered thanks to the beautiful man that Wroblewski is. The lad's on fire!

Puchar Polski

nTQ0RKK.jpg

That was just too much.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

dTqWhFj.jpg

kbexQoJ.jpg

Argh! We fought back from 0:2 down against Lech only to concede a long-range screamer in the dying minutes and later we surrendered a two-goal lead ourselves against Górnik. These could hurt! Things are heating up now as we enter the stage where top 4 plays one another. Oh, the tension...

Youth Intake

sJuJ8RO.jpg

Well, I hope my group is better than that! Although, funnily enough, I do have a goalkeeper who could be really good.

Mateusz Moszczynski

Pawel Osiecki

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

LozR7TF.jpg

Ygl5ik1.jpg

It wasn't to be in the end. We lost all three games against the big boys, the win against Pogoń didn't matter in the end. But hey, we're in Europe! And we finished in the top 3! Who would have seen that coming a year ago?!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2026/27 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa (championship group) - PKO BP Ekstraklasa (relegation group)

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 3rd

Oh my word. I thought last season was great, but this is just something else. We started off with solid mid-table form, but all of a sudden we went on a great run towards the end of the first part of the season and for the final third of the campaign we were among actual title contenders. We fell short eventually, but it's amazing for such a young team only two years after getting into the top flight. I love these lads, I love this save.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

Our best run to date, though it ended rather brutally.

Squad

Still an all-Polish squad, but I did hire scouts from the Czech Republic and Slovakia in winter. If someone catches my eye, we may see our first foreigners in the upcoming transfer windows. Swierczewski's contract will be running out in June.

Transfers - Finances

We spent significantly more than we received (yeah, well, we received nothing :D), but still not much compared to other teams' spending power. I'm happy with the way I strengthened the squad.

Seven digits in the black, baby!

Player of the Season

1st - Franciszek Wroblewski - with 28 league goals under his belt he's bound to win all sorts of awards, so why the hell not give him one more? His attributes look so darn average, yet he's basically unstoppable once he kicks into gear. How could I not love him?

2nd - Pawel Mackowiak - everything we created up front had to go through this guy. As I already said when I brought him in, he's beautifully rounded at such a young age and it shows, he's really depenable in most games. He still has time to grow, and if that happens, we could have something special on our hands.

3rd - Pawel Bykowski - after two seasons of crazy development he seems to have stalled a bit unfortunately, but in terms of the quality of his performances he grew immensely, improving his average rating from 6,74 last season to 7,12 in this campaign. I hope he can still improve once our reputation goes up and we're able to afford more facility upgrades.

Next Season

It's hard not to get excited about our first season in Europe. Hell, bring it on!

27 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Sad ending but still a great season. It is surprising that second placed team goes to the conference league. No Europa place?

Only the top 15 countries in the UEFA ranking get a spot in the Europa. We're 26th. :lol:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2027/28 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Avoid a relegation battle
Puchar Polski: Third Round
UEFA Europa Conference League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: I'll be disappointed if we don't finish in the top half.
Puchar Polski: Not important.
UEFA Europa Conference League: I'll be honest, I have no idea what to expect.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,200,696
Wage: £33,380 (currently spending £17,169)
Balance: £1,392,416

9 hours ago, wesl said:

Have any of your players (I would bet on Kedziora or Wroblewski) or yourself become a club icon or a club legend?

Kędziora and I are icons, Wroblewski is only favoured personnel. No one else has made any of the lists so far.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2027/28 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

rEh2oNm.jpg

Meh.

Transfers

j7UocST.jpg

Not much, but I'm happy.

Dominik Navratil - and here he is, our first foreign player! Should slot in nicely on the left wing.

Dawid Tupalski - he looks rather limited, but I don't need much more from him. Hopefully our new right back for years to come.

David Kratky - another Czech player and most likely a starting midfielder.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

IOnn3FE.jpg

ijOqI0S.jpg

Delighted to beat Legia, but we definitely shouldn't be losing by five goals to anyone anymore in the league, not even Lech.

Europa Conference League

QrZtjCK.jpg

We did very well and got past the Hungarians despite them being the clear favourites.

Hibernian up next.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

huseAIz.jpg

N5WJpEt.jpg

Looks like we weren't quite ready for playing every three days, a classic case for Polish clubs. Suddenly our attack cannot even create chances, let alone finish them.

Europa Conference League

o4FBgKm.jpg

The gap in quality was just too big.

Transfers

Stepan Kopic - typical me on FM. It took long enough, but I destroyed our wage structure and threw £145K at Jablonec to buy an 18-year-old Czech. He still hasn't scored for us in four league games in August.