• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2023/24 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Mar-Jun)

Competition Performance: 8th

I pretty much got what I wanted - a season of consolidation, even if we had a good chance to make the play-offs again and blew it in the final five games. I can't be unhappy with this really, we're still overperforming.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: First Round

Maybe one day we'll draw someone we can beat.

Squad

I wouldn't be surprised if we had the worst squad in the league, yet somehow we're doing very well. We're still unable to attract players who are much better than this. Janowski and Wolinowski are leaving on free transfers.

Transfers - Finances

A quiet window. I'm happy with the performance of the lads we brought in, shame the loanees aren't here to stay.

I've already said it a few times, but we really need to play youngsters in order to just survive in this league. I don't even know if I can really do anything about it.

Player of the Season

1st - Przemysław Kędziora - another very good season from our striker. This time 16 goals were only good enough to make him the second best scorer in the league, but still, it's a great result. In fact, in the four seasons I've managed him he never got less than 15. What a beat.

2nd - Przemyslaw Porebski - he looked great for a large part of the season, but then suddenly switched off towards the end of it, which may have contributed to the downturn in our results. Had he maintained his form, he would have probably broken a couple of records.

3rd - Karol Sobczyk - very good on his day, but also terribly inconsistent. Ability-wise we're not going to attract players much better than him at this point though, so that will have to do.

Next Season

More of the same, unless something big happens in the transfer window.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

I Liga: Avoid a relegation battle
Puchar Polski: Second Round

My Expectations:

I Liga: Another top half finish would be nice.
Puchar Polski: It all depends on the draw, and you know how that usually goes for us.

Budgets:

Transfer: £22,939
Wage: £12,073 (currently spending £4,722)
Balance: £298,693

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

iDyPscl.jpg

An okay set of results, but more importantly Kędziora is out for three months with a torn calf muscle. :(

Transfers

2Z98iGv.jpg

Again, this doesn't look spectacular, but I'm happy with the business we've done.

Maciej Szewczuk - a decent player for the right wing.

Norbert Czubak - our new starting right back.

Jakub Malinowski - he could become great if he develops well.

Krzysztof Baranowski - he's sure to add some much needed pace to our midfield.

Adrian Adamski and Pawel Bykowski were promoted to the first team squad.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2024 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

YjJZFEi.jpg

yr9h7ih.jpg

An unbeaten month that could have been even better as we battered Olimpia but couldn't make it count. 4th at the moment, but the league is tighter than skinny jeans - only two points separate us from 10th!

Puchar Polski

Ot8swoL.jpg

We did it, the curse is finally broken! We still haven't scored in that bloody cup since the beginning of the save though. :lol:

We've been rewarded with a kind draw as well - away to Śląsk II.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2024 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

diZge8e.jpg

MmC7u9w.jpg

Another unbeaten month and now we're firmly in the play-off zone, just two points off automatic promotion.

Puchar Polski

HK6ilnL.jpg

Yay, goals! We absolutely dominated the game, they couldn't even get a single shot.

Polonia Warszawa away in the next round, they're one level below us and certainly beatable. Are we actually making a cup run this season?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2024 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

k65F2oj.jpg

LfZ7cfn.jpg

We seem to have forgotten how to keep a clean sheet, but more importantly we've hit the top two shortly after the halfway point. And look who's back on the scoresheet!

Il y a 16 heures, Rikulec a dit :

Polonia Warszawa away in the next round, they're one level below us and certainly beatable. Are we actually making a cup run this season?

Sounds like the perfect jinx  :D  I hope not!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2024 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

XfDFCf3.jpg

wFB30Z0.jpg

A hard-fought victory in Legnica puts us on top as we enter the winter break!

Puchar Polski

gchrkM2.jpg

And we properly ****ed this one up. :( A dominant yet ineffective first half, then two defensive errors in the second and a late goal that mattered very little. Very, very disappointing. I've learned my lesson!

Il y a 3 heures, Rikulec a dit :

Puchar Polski

gchrkM2.jpg

And we properly ****ed this one up. :( A dominant yet ineffective first half, then two defensive errors in the second and a late goal that mattered very little. Very, very disappointing. I've learned my lesson!

Noooo wayyyy!  :seagull:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2025 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

gdBjeB3.jpg

aD1PJbH.jpg

What a great month! We've started the year in amazing form and now it's just eight games to go and six points between us and 3rd. I'm frustrated to lose our first home game of the season though, two rather silly goals conceded as well.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2025 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

060fLhJ.jpg

oHQOFba.jpg

And we've done it! The Odra Opole game sealed promotion for us and we still did one better by securing the title with one game to spare. Janikowo won't sleep tonight... or any night for the next week!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Mar-Jun)

Competition Performance: Winners

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. This came quicker than expected. I thought we were in for another decent season and a top half finish, but we exceeded all expectations by actually going all the way and winning the damn thing at third time of asking. Perhaps we weren't very dominant, but we certainly were ruthless where we had to. Ekstraklasa, here we come!

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Third Round

On the one hand, we did well to break the curse and actually get somewhere this season. On the other hand, we blew our chance at an even better run by an awful performance away at Polonia Warszawa. I guess it was still a good showing.

Squad

Only a handful of these guys are ready for the step up. I'm going to stick to the policy of going Polish only and giving youth - especially our own youth - a chance, after all this is what got us so far. Dziegiel, Banaszak, Surmaj, Swierblewski, Gach, Babiarz and Holtyn aren't getting new deals and they're leaving on free transfers.

Transfers - Finances

Happy to cash in on Bochniewicz, perhaps we could have got more out of him hadn't it been for his release clause though. We're probably finally going to have to do more spectacular business next season though.

Apparently the undersoil heating has been funded by some mysterious investment, so we got that going for us, which is nice. I hope the promotion finally brings us more money, I'm tired of living off the Pro Junior System.

Player of the Season

1st - Krzysztof Baranowski - head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad in terms of both the numbers and the quality displayed on the pitch. I'll definitely try to get him to stay for at least one more season, but it could sadly prove impossible. You could say he's the one who made the dream possible.

2nd - Gracjan Fabiszewski - he's been with us since the beginning and, alongside Kędziora, he'll be one of the two players who spent the 19/20 season in our senior squad and will still be there for our debut in the Ekstraklasa. A great season for the goalkeeper who managed 16 clean sheets and largely contributed to our defensive record. I wish the fans gave him more recognition, he's not even favoured personnel!

3rd - Pawel Bykowski - oh boy, this could be the start of something special. He's been developing steadily since coming through the ranks in the 2024 intake. I decided to give him a chance and include him in the starting XI proper for the second part of this season and his development just went through the roof. He's growing almost day by day, Poland's biggest clubs are already sniffing around!

Next Season

Survive at all costs.