Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan (fyi @lipebtavares)

See the screenshot of the 2 players I was talking about, my assistent thinks the older guy, Paulussen (with higher CA) is better for the Winger - Attack role on the right by a whole star, while I think it might actually be my lower CA, Siebe Paesen who is the better one...)

Both are natural in de MR position

 

compareStars.png

 

Hey,

If you ask me then I would pick Siebe Paesen

 

 

 

BUMP

14 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

 

Guys, as promised I've made some interesting test :)

When all players had "Natural - (20)" rating for the positions then their star ratings looked like this:

natural-rating.png.032cebebd1b4a3e20990189fa659e322.png

natural-star-rating.png.eaacc3246250b79ef5d7a8c784b3612a.png

 

 

 

Then I changed the positional rating of each player from "Natural - (20)" to "Accomplished - (15)" and their star ratings stated to look like this:

accomlished-rating.png.abeeb7e9cbee237568a782e00b756222.png

accomlished-star-rating.thumb.png.271af9fe4be1b01acb562374568e152c.png

 

 

As you can see the star rating dropped significantly and it started to look very scary :)

But how much did the results change after that?

I tested for about 800 matches and the result dropped only about 15%

 

Conclusion:

- the star rating often might look misleading ( the difference between 4 stars and 2 stars might be only just 15% )

- if 2 players have the same attributes but the first player has "Natural" rating for the position and the second player has "Accomplished" rating for the position then the 1st player will do about 15% better than the 2nd player so the difference between "Natural" rating and "Accomplished" rating is about 15%

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Hi TFF,

I've been using your tactics since FM 2014 and i'm a fan of your work.

I always use Juventus and in the last 4 years always using 3 striker from your tactisc. Could you please recommend a tactics that will work well on Juventus and fit the players Juventus have (3 Strikers, 3 wingers, a lot of Midfielders, 7 Midfielders i think).

I want to use at least 2 strikers (Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as starters, Higuain and the other as subs), supported by 1 AMC (Ramsey or Berna) and the rest are optional.

Option for Formation :

1. 4312 (2 CB, 2 FB/WB, 3 CM, 1 AMC, 2 ST)

2. 4132 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 1CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 2 ST)

3. 4231 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 2CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 1 ST)

Been trying to fit the players to CERBER & FURY but 1 ST and 1 AMC but it's hard.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingalexkr said:

 

Hi TFF,

I've been using your tactics since FM 2014 and i'm a fan of your work.

I always use Juventus and in the last 4 years always using 3 striker from your tactisc. Could you please recommend a tactics that will work well on Juventus and fit the players Juventus have (3 Strikers, 3 wingers, a lot of Midfielders, 7 Midfielders i think).

I want to use at least 2 strikers (Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as starters, Higuain and the other as subs), supported by 1 AMC (Ramsey or Berna) and the rest are optional.

Option for Formation :

1. 4312 (2 CB, 2 FB/WB, 3 CM, 1 AMC, 2 ST)

2. 4132 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 1CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 2 ST)

3. 4231 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 2CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 1 ST)

Been trying to fit the players to CERBER & FURY but 1 ST and 1 AMC but it's hard.

Thank you

If you have been using TFF tactics, you should have probably learn how to utilize the tactic instead of requesting a new one. TFF only recommend the best tactic he tried. Just fit them in your best. You will still win the league with Cerber.  After first season, sell those players who you think doesn't fit and get players base on the filters that is provided. Juventus should be easy buying players. Then it would start getting better and better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kingalexkr said:

 

Hi TFF,

I've been using your tactics since FM 2014 and i'm a fan of your work.

I always use Juventus and in the last 4 years always using 3 striker from your tactisc. Could you please recommend a tactics that will work well on Juventus and fit the players Juventus have (3 Strikers, 3 wingers, a lot of Midfielders, 7 Midfielders i think).

I want to use at least 2 strikers (Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as starters, Higuain and the other as subs), supported by 1 AMC (Ramsey or Berna) and the rest are optional.

Option for Formation :

1. 4312 (2 CB, 2 FB/WB, 3 CM, 1 AMC, 2 ST)

2. 4132 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 1CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 2 ST)

3. 4231 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 2CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 1 ST)

Been trying to fit the players to CERBER & FURY but 1 ST and 1 AMC but it's hard.

Thank you

 

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactics work well for you

I would lineup Juventus this way:

 

juve-lineup.thumb.png.d6c104e735b8c26af850b880a4887ace.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, martinobremnato1 said:

@Totalfootballfan

 

Hey man how do you set up the balanced training?

 

DO you pick no matches 1 match or two match, im not sure how to set it up, thanks  in advance!

 

Hey mate,

I'm not sure that I understand your question but I can say that the training is a huge subject so I suggest learning it a bit to get at least basic knowledge of it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TFF,

I used your tactics in FM19, Conqueror and Beserk specifically and they were awesome at all levels. I am sure it has been asked but I can't be bothered looking through 48 pages of comments but is the tactic wedded to WB's or can i make them FB's.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if this question is already asked but what should i do if my player gets red card? Take out striker and switch to shield wall or just continue playing with cerber? Played in european championship and was doing great in knockout with Serbia against France and than Grujic got red card and i took off Jovic. Later in the game they got red card too, but it affected my team more than them. They were still making more chances in 10vs10, its because they have better players i guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peterWZ said:

Hi TTF,

 

I used some of your lists (strikers, left wingers, right wingers, AMC...), can you put the other? GK, DC, DAD, DAE and MC?

Hi,

Maybe at some point I'll do that :)

 

7 hours ago, Rengarfloki said:

Hi TFF


you can do a tactic with 3 attackers?


 
 

Hi,

I find 3 strikers formations don't work good so I don't see point in sharing them

 

7 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

Hi TFF,

I used your tactics in FM19, Conqueror and Beserk specifically and they were awesome at all levels. I am sure it has been asked but I can't be bothered looking through 48 pages of comments but is the tactic wedded to WB's or can i make them FB's.

 

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it was working well for you, mate.

I find changing WBs to FBs reduces the tactic efficiency so I don't suggest doing it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, voja94 said:

I dont know if this question is already asked but what should i do if my player gets red card? Take out striker and switch to shield wall or just continue playing with cerber? Played in european championship and was doing great in knockout with Serbia against France and than Grujic got red card and i took off Jovic. Later in the game they got red card too, but it affected my team more than them. They were still making more chances in 10vs10, its because they have better players i guess.

Hi,

if some of my players gets a red card and I'm winning at this moment then I remove the AMC position and if some of my players gets a red card and I'm losing at this moment then I remove MCL position and move MCR position to MC position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, daho said:

what to do if my players are incapable of playing some roles e.g wingers (cerber)? switch to something else?

Mate, I really don't know any team that you can't fit into Cerber or Fighter -)) if you know such team tell me, please... I'll take a look at it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2020 at 17:28, HeavyPunch said:

If you have been using TFF tactics, you should have probably learn how to utilize the tactic instead of requesting a new one. TFF only recommend the best tactic he tried. Just fit them in your best. You will still win the league with Cerber.  After first season, sell those players who you think doesn't fit and get players base on the filters that is provided. Juventus should be easy buying players. Then it would start getting better and better. 

Hmm.. Actually what i meant is, there's 3 archive tactic in this thread for FM20 and i'm curious which one still works and fit quite well for Juventus. Thank you for your answer by the way.

On 12/03/2020 at 17:33, Totalfootballfan said:

 

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactics work well for you

I would lineup Juventus this way:

 

juve-lineup.thumb.png.d6c104e735b8c26af850b880a4887ace.png

 

Hi TFF,

Cool, i'll try that lineup and see if i could work the rotationing for MC in particular.

Thanks!

Edited by kingalexkr
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Tactic is really fantastic at home but I simply cannot grab a win away from home.

I'm Sunderland, soon starting my 3rd season in the EPL (after good 7th and 6th place).

I'll keep on improving my team to see what happens next but is there a home + away set ? 

Those statistics away from home are really frustrating compared with my performances at home.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work TFF !

Edited by victorjol
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, victorjol said:

I'll keep on improving my team to see what happens next but is there a home + away set ? 

Those statistics away from home are really frustrating compared with my performances at home.

Hi,

The game just works that way, with any tactic your result in away matches always will be worse than your result in home matches, think about it a way that the home side gets some hidden buff to their abilities and the away side gets some hidden debuff to their abilities.

I can say that Cerber V3 tactic still gives me the best possible result in away matches even they might be worse than home results, anyway, I haven't found anything else better for away matches than Cerber V3 yet. :)    

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2020 at 13:05, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I might consider that if I had a lot free time :)

You always can make such list by yourself using the filters at the OP and FMRTE 

Hi mate,

Can you share with us steps to follow so we can get such lists using filters and FMRTE for all positions.

 

Thank you in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Hi mate,

Can you share with us steps to follow so we can get such lists using filters and FMRTE for all positions.

 

Thank you in advance

Hey mate,

I was searching suitable players in 120CA-200CA range based on the key attributes for the position

When you do it yourself then you always can tune the CA range to serve better to your team / league

If you want to practice then I suggest download the Official Pre-Game editor and try to create few perfect wingers 100CA, 140CA, 180CA and doing that you'll get a clue how it works

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I was searching suitable players in 120CA-200CA range based on the key attributes for the position

When you do it yourself then you always can tune the CA range to serve better to your team / league

If you want to practice then I suggest download the Official Pre-Game editor and try to create few perfect wingers 100CA, 140CA, 180CA and doing that you'll get a clue how it works

How can we create perfect winger for each a determined number of CA ?

Because for the same CA we can have fill the attributes with different manner. 

Actually what i wanted to ask you is how can we detertmine for each range of CA if the player is suitable for the position or not ? is there a relation between the CA and the key attributes ?

To elaborate further. Let's take a central defender with 170 CA with 12 strength in this case he is missing the filter with 2 pts what can we say in this case is he suitable for the position or not ?

then what about other attributes jumping reach, acceleration, pace, .... and for other posistion every attribute by how much it can be missed ?

Sorry for disturbing you by my questions. But I sincerly believe that we only can enjoy this game by following you recommendations

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

How can we create perfect winger for each a determined number of CA ?

Because for the same CA we can have fill the attributes with different manner. 

You have to prioritize some attributes over other attributes because you are limited by specific CA and that's the most interesting part… for example, try to create 120CA Winger and show what you manage to get and I'll try to help you with it, as I said I think it's the only way to understand how it works

 

33 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Actually what i wanted to ask you is how can we detertmine for each range of CA if the player is suitable for the position or not ? is there a relation between the CA and the key attributes ?

 

CA is just an amount of point that a player has to spend on his abilities, for example, let's take two wingers both are 120CA but one of them has (16) Strength, (16) Jumping Reach. (16) Positioning, (16) Tackling so you no need to look further to say that the CA of this winger isn't allocated in the most effective for a winger because (16) Strength, (16) Jumping Reach. (16) Positioning, (16) Tackling cost a ton of CA but these attributes aren't very useful for a winger and it would be better to reduce them and increase other attributes such Acceleration, Pace and Dribbling

 

33 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

To elaborate further. Let's take a central defender with 170 CA with 12 strength in this case he is missing the filter with 2 pts what can we say in this case is he suitable for the position or not ?

For example, an average attacker in your league has (12) Strength and Strength works this way: the higher Strength compared to the opponent, the higher chances to win a challenge for the ball so if you want that your defender had advantage over the opposition attackers when they challenge for the ball then you want that your defenders had more than (12) Strength

Other example, an average attacker in your league has (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace so if you want that your defenders don't lose sprint races vs the opposition attackers  then you want that your defenders had also (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

To elaborate further. Let's take a central defender with 170 CA with 12 strength in this case he is missing the filter with 2 pts what can we say in this case is he suitable for the position or not ?

For example, there are about 14,480 "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 397 (2.7%) of them have "Strength" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Strength" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning the ball in a challenge.

Other example, there are 14,480 about "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 409 (2.7%) of them have "Jumping Reach" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Jumping Reach" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning headers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

For example, there are about 14,480 "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 397 (2.7%) of them have "Strength" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Strength" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning the ball in a challenge.

Other example, there are 14,480 about "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 409 (2.7%) of them have "Jumping Reach" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Jumping Reach" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning headers.

 

So all is about comparing attributes with the opponnent player in the league we are playing.

It will be like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Please correct me if i a wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF, i can tell you that this is one of the most interesting topics man... those last 2 answers, that's really interesting.

 

thanks TFF

 

Mate, I'd say if there's no obvious exploits such as set pieces exploits or any tactical exploit like strikerless tactics in the past then I find your tactic contributes about 30% or maybe 40% to your success and other 60%-70% is the quality of your players, specifically, how much better your players are compared to your opponents, for example, you can have 200CA players but if your opponents also have 200CA players then you won't dominate them.

 

37 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

 

So all is about comparing attributes with the opponnent player in the league we are playing.

It will be like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Please correct me if i a wrong

 

You are about right, mate.

For example, if you play in Sky Bet League One then there are about 88 "Natural" Strikers in the league and only 11 (12%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so if you are looking a good defender for Sky Bet League One than any defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) would react faster than any striker in the league so you really don't need look for higher "Anticipation" for you defenders in that league.

But if you play in English Premier League then there are about 59 natural strikers and 36 (61%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so as you can see more than half of striker has "Anticipation" higher than 13 so if you are looking a good defender for English Premier League than you should look for a defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) because (13) is quite low for English Premier League but for Sky Bet League One was enough.

As you can see the Attributes subject is very huge and complex and it's just impossible to give one simple algorithm how to find players that will be working in any situations. it's only possible to help and give some advises if you narrow the subject. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

 

Mate, I'd say if there's no obvious exploits such as set pieces exploits or any tactical exploit like strikerless tactics in the past then I find your tactic contributes about 30% or maybe 40% to your success and other 60%-70% is the quality of your players, specifically, how much better your players are compared to your opponents, for example, you can have 200CA players but if your opponents also have 200CA players then you won't dominate them.

 

 

You are about right, mate.

For example, if you play in Sky Bet League One then there are about 88 "Natural" Strikers in the league and only 11 (12%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so if you are looking a good defender for Sky Bet League One than any defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) would react faster than any striker in the league so you really don't need for higher "Anticipation" for you defenders in that league.

But if you play in English Premier League then there are about 59 natural strikers and 36 (61%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so as you can see almost half of striker has "Anticipation" higher than 13 so if you are looking a good defender for English Premier League than you should look for a defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) because (13) is quite low for English Premier League but for Sky Bet League One was enough.

As you can see the Attributes subject is very huge and complex and it's just impossible to give one simple algorithm how to find players that will be working in any situations. it's only possible to help and give some advises if you narrow the subject. 

Thank you mate,

what about finishing ? should it be compared with reflex or handling of goalkeeper ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Thank you mate,

what about finishing ? should it be compared with reflex or handling of goalkeeper ?

 

I'd say you should not compare the "Finishing" of your strikers with the "Reflex" of the opposition goalkeepers

You should compare the "Finishing" of your strikers with the "Finishing" of the opposition strikers in your league

Let's say all opposition strikers in your league have (11) Finishing and your strikers have (13) Finishing so if in some match your team and your opponents create equal amount of scoring chances but you still win... why? because your strikers have better "Finishing" so let's you and your opponent both created 10 scoring chances in some match but your team scored 5 goals and your opponents scored only 3 goals... why? because your striker had better "Finishing"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say you should not compare the finishing of your strikers with the reflex of the opposition goalkeepers

You should compare the finishing of your strikers with the finishing of the opposition strikers in the league

Let's say all opposition strikers in your league have (11) Finishing and your strikers have (13) so if in some match your team and your opponents create equal amount of scoring chances but you still win... why? because your strikers have better Finishing so let's you and your opponent both created 10 scoring chances in some match and your team scored 5 goals and your opponents scored only 3 goals because your striker had better "Finishing"

Do you mean that all technical attributes should be compared with the same position like that :

GB vs GB

DC vs DC

AMC vs AMC

DL vs DL

DR vs DR

MC vs MC

but physical and mental should be compared with opposite position like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Isn't it ???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Do you mean that all technical attributes should be compared with the same position like that :

GB vs GB

DC vs DC

AMC vs AMC

DL vs DL

DR vs DR

MC vs MC

but physical and mental should be compared with opposite position like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Isn't it ???

 

 

In general you want that your team was better in every area than any other team in the league:

- If you want that your defenders were faster or at least won't be slower than the opposition attackers in other teams in the league than check the Acceleration and Pace attributes of the opposition attacker in the league and find such defenders for your team that have at lease the same level "Acceleration" and "Pace" or better

- If you want that your defenders were wining all headers then check "Jumping Reach" attribute of the opposition attackers in your league and find such defenders for your team that have at lease the same level "Jumping Reach" or better

- If you want that your defenders were reading the game better or at leas at the same level as the opposition attackers in your league then check "Anticipation" attribute of the opposition attackers in your league and find such defenders for your team that have "Anticipation" attribute at the same level or even better

- if you want that your attackers convert their scoring chances at better or at least at the same rate as the opposition attacker in other teams in your league then check "Finishing", "Decisions", "Composure" and "Concentration" attributes of the opposition attackers in your league and find such attackers for your team that have the same or better level for "Finishing", "Decisions", "Composure" and "Concentration" attributes

- if you want that your attacker were better at passing than the attackers in other teams in your league then check the "Passing", "Vision", "Decision", "Technique", "Teamwork" of the opposition attackers in other teams in your league and find such attackers for you team that have  "Passing", "Vision", "Decision", "Technique", "Teamwork" attributes at the same or better level than the opposition attackers in other teams in your league.

- if you want that your wingers were faster than any defenders in other teams in your league then check the "Acceleration" and "Pace" of the defenders in other teams in the league and find such wingers for your team that have "Acceleration" and "Pace" higher than the opposition defenders in your league

 

The list above can be continued to infinity :)

The idea is that you always should want that your players were better in all areas than the opposition players because the better your player the higher your chances on success and it might be that in some league if a winger has (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace then he can be the faster players in the league by mile and you really don't want look for any faster than he but in some other league (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace might be not enough because any defender is faster than that.

So in any league you just trying to get the best players for that league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MAECK said:

so he would do well as a DLP?

it's hard to say and as I said it requires looking at him when he reaches at least 160CA and gets "Natural" rating for the MC position, at the moment he's a very poor player for such team as Liverpool

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2020 at 12:55, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I really don't know any team that you can't fit into Cerber or Fighter -)) if you know such team tell me, please... I'll take a look at it :)

switched to Fighter, 3rd season with Brentford I'm 8 games in and storming the league. Found that morale is really an important aspect of the game that will impact tactics A LOT. Nothing groundbreaking, I know, but it helped me a ton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lasiaf3102 said:

Anyone having a problem with yellow cards? im gettin 4-6 cards a match on 20.4.0 update regardless of what tactic i use and keep getting fined. really annoying!

Hey mate,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "any other tactic" :) but if you any tactic from the OP then the amount of yellow cards can be really high sometimes because all position have "Hard Tackles" PI activated but that's the price you pay to get better results with the tactics if you want you can remove "Hard Tackles" PIs from every position and you'll be getter less yellow cards but your results also drop

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody explain why Cerber and Fury isn't working as for many other users? I am currently playing with Dortmund (which I think have the perfect squad for both tactics) but every game I have 50 shot, and 30 on goal, but i cant score? Haaling hasn't scored yet, and every goal i score is from corners and Hummels is my topscorer... 

 

I have only played 10 games in the league, but i struggle with winning. Most of the games ends 1-1 og a 2-1 victory, struggling away from home. Has anybody faced the same experience with these tactics? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...