FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, edson.ofili.eo said:

@Totalfootballfan for the training of the wingers is this using Midfield winger training or Attacking Midfield winger training? because i used the MR winger training on Hudson Odoi and his stats dropped

if you play with Cerber tactic that uses ML/MR positions then use "Winger" individual training focus for ML/MR positions 

Bad news guys...:(
I`m in my 2nd season with Hertha and lost...after 46 unbeaten league matches.
They, Leverkusen, played@home and got only 2 shots on goal...1:0 for them. :rolleyes:
My team had 3 clear chances and 2 post-hits..Whatever...what a streak...46 matches unbeaten is f*ckin`awesome! Cerber V3 on fire!

Also my striker Piatek is completely on a run.
22 Matches, 24 goals, 8/8 penalties - even when he s*cked vs Leverkusen (6.3).
He played 45 matches so far and shot 45 goals!

I`m absolutely happy with the team, except they need time, because they are very young (average about ~22y old).
Almost season halftime...wanna sell 2-3 players and get 1-2 "top players" maybe.

Greetings and everybody a nice evening.
a happy german TFF-Groupie :hammer:

20200305170045_1.jpg

20200305170156_1.jpg

20200305170308_1.jpg

20200305170323_1.jpg

Edited by Nebuuu

11 hours ago, santiago_staiger said:

Hola de nuevo, mi amigo FM. En mi partida de Sassuolo jugaré la segunda final de la Champions League. El primero que perdí estúpidamente contra la Juventus y luego perdí la final de la copa de clubes de palabras contra el Chelsea de la misma manera. Ambos con tus tácticas. Ahora jugaré una nueva final contra el Manchester United. ¿Alguna sugerencia fuera de las tácticas?

Do you know what i mean? Maybe any advice on what kind of players to choose for personality, morality, fitness, or some special attribute. Or something to keep in mind to win finals. THANKS, your tactics really rocks

51 minutes ago, HermesG said:

Steam just downloaded an update. Are there ME changes?

20.4.0 Update Changes including (but not limited to):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Stability fixes
- Further database updates covering February transfer window
- Fix for 'Disable First Transfer Window Activity'
- Tweaks to lighting for matches and Newgen faces
- Competition tweaks and updates across a number of leagues
- Fix for right-clicking on training sessions
- Various other UI improvements across the game

10 hours ago, santiago_staiger said:

Do you know what i mean? Maybe any advice on what kind of players to choose for personality, morality, fitness, or some special attribute. Or something to keep in mind to win finals. THANKS, your tactics really rocks

mate, I don't find there're any secret tricks, for me everything is simple:

- the better morale of your players, the higher your chances on success 

- the better conditions of your players, the higher chances on success

- the better your players, the higher your chances on success

and so on...

4 hours ago, Senz said:

Any tips for playing against 3 Central defenders? Cerber v3 is rocking but I don't create many chances against 3 Central defenders :(

Mate, the main feature of 5 defender formations is reducing the scoring chances of the opponents so I don't see there's any "magic" bullet that can nullifying one of the main feature of 5 defenders formation… :)

If something like that was possible then 5 defenders formations became completely useless formations...

An observation and tip after finishing my 1st season with CSKA Moscow using exclusively Cerber v3:  For your two CBs I have noticed that strength, jumping reach and heading are sooooo important because I ended up scoring so many goals with them from attacking corners during the season. TFF has also put strength and jumping reach as top 2 in his filters for CBs and for a good reason and I would include heading too in that priority list. The way set pieces are set up by TFF in this strategy, your central defenders are going to get many headers so try to abuse that as much. But obviously remember that the success of this tip is relative to your league. For instance, if you are playing in English PL against top dogs that have excellent defenders with higher strength / jumping reach than you, then naturally your CBs will not be as effective in corners as it would be against more mediocre teams and defences.

But in short, don't overlook strength stat as well as jumping reach and heading, I have noticed in my playthroughs it is really important because in this tactic there are many crosses so at times it feels like it is better having strong players than simply pacey players. Same thing with striker, the goals he has scored due to his strength that secures him better positioning are more than his solo sprints with the ball due to his pace. Which also explains why players like Haaland are so great, not necessarily just for their pace but for their height and strength too.

As for my ML and MR wingers, I am still a bit puzzled about a certain thing: In my saves I have noticed slightly better goal ratio from them when using them with inverted foot (NOT inverted wingers role, just inverted foot e.g.  ML with strong right foot, MR with strong left foot) because when you are in possession and outside of their box, there are more opportunities for good shoots by ML and MR when they use their inverted foot. I am not sure if it is just my impression, but it would be helpful if someone else could share his observations on this matter.

Edited by Don_Khan

2 hours ago, Don_Khan said:

An observation and tip after finishing my 1st season with CSKA Moscow using exclusively Cerber v3:  For your two CBs I have noticed that strength, jumping reach and heading are sooooo important because I ended up scoring so many goals with them from attacking corners during the season. TFF has also put strength and jumping reach as top 2 in his filters for CBs and for a good reason and I would include heading too in that priority list. The way set pieces are set up by TFF in this strategy, your central defenders are going to get many headers so try to abuse that as much. But obviously remember that the success of this tip is relative to your league. For instance, if you are playing in English PL against top dogs that have excellent defenders with higher strength / jumping reach than you, then naturally your CBs will not be as effective in corners as it would be against more mediocre teams and defences.

But in short, don't overlook strength stat as well as jumping reach and heading, I have noticed in my playthroughs it is really important because in this tactic there are many crosses so at times it feels like it is better having strong players than simply pacey players. Same thing with striker, the goals he has scored due to his strength that secures him better positioning are more than his solo sprints with the ball due to his pace. Which also explains why players like Haaland are so great, not necessarily just for their pace but for their height and strength too.

As for my ML and MR wingers, I am still a bit puzzled about a certain thing: In my saves I have noticed slightly better goal ratio from them when using them with inverted foot (NOT inverted wingers role, just inverted foot e.g.  ML with strong right foot, MR with strong left foot) because when you are in possession and outside of their box, there are more opportunities for good shoots by ML and MR when they use their inverted foot. I am not sure if it is just my impression, but it would be helpful if someone else could share his observations on this matter.

Don't you feel that if your opposite plays on counterattack way, exploring your right and left defenders advance, you consent a lot of goal attempts ?

10 hours ago, HeavyPunch said:

Erling Haaland (30 games 43 goals) and Jadon Sancho (30 games 18 goals 23 assists) are Superb with Ceber V3. Best number i have seen so far in FM20.

In which position do you use Jadon Sancho ?

8 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

TFF using Cerber v3 what do you do if you start loosing a game ?

it depends on the strength of my team and the strength of the opposition team if I'm Watford and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Liverpool then highly likely I'll keep using Cerber V3 but if I'm Liverpool and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Watford then highly likely I'll switch for Fury V1

If I'm loosing by 2 goals then almost always I switch for Fury V1

5 minutes ago, HeavyPunch said:

Just as the TFF instruction, right foot at right wing. 3rd season stats.

image.png

I usually use him at left wing because use Douglas Costa at right. Douglas Costa is going great but Sancho not...

14 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

it depends on the strength of my team and the strength of the opposition team if I'm Watford and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Liverpool then highly likely I'll keep using Cerber V3 but if I'm Liverpool and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Watford then highly likely I'll switch for Fury V1

If I'm loosing by 2 goals then almost always I switch for Fury V1

I'm with Man Utd and when start loosing is very difficult to change the result

9 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

I'm with Man Utd and when start loosing is very difficult to change the result

no one says that it's easy to turn the game around when you are losing... it's just in some cases Fury V1 gives you more chances to score than Cerber V3 but it doesn't come for free because your chances to conceded an additional goal also increase with Fury V1 :)

WIth Fury V1 you boost the attack and weaken the defense but in some cases it might be useful 

59 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

no one says that it's easy to turn the game around when you are losing... it's just in some cases Fury V1 gives you more chances to score than Cerber V3 but it doesn't come for free because your chances to conceded an additional goal also increase with Fury V1 :)

WIth Fury V1 you boost the attack and weaken the defense but in some cases it might be useful 

And I noticed that not always what is working perfectly when you play a game alone, works when you goes online against your friends

10 hours ago, rlemos said:

TFF,  why do you say that one of the most important atributes is tackling and you cannot find it in your filters? thanks

talking about MC role sorry

Hey,

The attributes at OP was outdated, I've updated them to fits the latest tactics

8 hours ago, consie82 said:

@Totalfootballfan  what You think about change SS for AP role ? Or for Your opinion SS role is only right in this tactic ? Thanks in advance for Your reply :) 

Hey,

I would not suggest changing SS to AP because the tactics will become significantly less efficient

6 hours ago, domel said:

nerve trace already, sucks cerber v3

6 hours ago, domel said:

Cerberus V3 is a lottery. useless

Football Manager is no longer a Plug & Play game. You have to adapt.

From this point of view, you can`t go every game with the same mentality, you have to switch to Contain - Positive - Attack sometimes, just like in real life.

Learn how to play, old days of FM are over. And that is a good thing!

7 hours ago, domel said:

Cerberus V3 is a lottery. useless

He does everything to make this games easier for You, he answer every most stupid question, make filters for You, and lots of guidence how to use this tactics and play it.

What else do You want?

My biggest ever win in a league game on any FM. I'm in my first season, predicted 6th, but I'm miles ahead of everyone half way through.

27935408ea5578680aad81264b73bdce.png

Edited by catoV

7 minutes ago, DesoxyN said:

image.thumb.png.4c9a1df70346c8e62f7019a6d245afb1.png

Only 1 player forming a wall.. Is this a bug on Match Engine? Because I checked the defending free-kicks and there were 4 players should be walling.

Where is thw 11th player? :O

This tactic is just beastly for me with PSV, just rounded up the first season, have became champion of the leage, i have lost the division cup to penalty's in the champions league i reached the quarter final lost from bayern. 

I followed you from FMbase to here, used your tactics for a couple of FM editions and will keep doing it as long you provide these good tactics

Well, ashbringer and other TFF tactics worked pretty good for me... BUT Cerber and I just don’t have any chemistry. Even though I have way more shots and chances, my team just doesn’t score... what are the most important positions for cerber v3? My wingers just seem not to exist (Delruson, Pedrinho, Lookman). Cerber v3 performs better against teams that favourite... any suggestions to improve my results?

Edited by Kolle69

Hey TFF, just wanted to update you after my dodgy Crystal Palace sacking. I took over mid season at Parma who were gonna get relegated. Not only did I keep em up, I finished mid table using Cerber V3. Now start of the season, no new signings due to lack of funds, 7 games  in, and things look like this: (see screenshots).

Keep up the good work mate! 

63B8160B-BE46-4CDB-B23C-07A98AEDA071.jpeg

C414E4B4-4144-4C32-9CB7-9C02182354D2.jpeg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Yates626:

Hey TFF, just wanted to update you after my dodgy Crystal Palace sacking. I took over mid season at Parma who were gonna get relegated. Not only did I keep em up, I finished mid table using Cerber V3. Now start of the season, no new signings due to lack of funds, 7 games  in, and things look like this: (see screenshots).

Keep up the good work mate!

That`s mah homie! ;-D

My 2nd season of coaching Hertha BSC, is just@halftime. Looking forward for the winter-pause to sell 2-3 players and maybe get 1-2 talents.
Results are awesome so far.
Reached 1st place@Champions League Group-Stage and playing vs Internazionale Milano now.
Also 15 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss (vs Leverkusen) in 17 league matches, just super!
Piatek, the last years topscorer, is again on a mission with 20 goals in 17 matches, even if he struggles a little in the last matches.
Bayern lost 1-3 in Mainz, the last match before the winterpause, which is even better for the 2nd half of the season.
15 points advantage..damn. :D

My team isn`t perfect but actually i like my CB with Stark, Torunarigha + Rekik/Löwen as Backup.
Maybe i will sell Rekik the coming winterpause to get a young talented CB.
Also my young Keeper Plizzari is maybe a little bit risky but i like it that way and so far he is doing pretty well.
My left defensive WB with Mittelstädt and especially this L. Netz (9 Matches, 6 Assists..) as a huge talent is good for the future.
My right defensive WB with Wolf and Klünter need more Quality, even when Wolf is okay for this tactic, i always have injury probs..even when i rotate alot.
My CM is just awesome and also left side Wingers with Dilrosun and Lukebakio is nice. Maybe Lukebakio will go for good money...we will see.
On the right Wings, there is some Quality with Cunha (who i maybe sell, because he has an injury problem), Alvararez and Zaracho. Idrissi will leave this winter.
ZOM and ST are pretty good, young and talented. Even my backup Striker Redan has 6 (7) matches played and 7 goals.
There are some nice talents like Arne Maier (CM, 21y), Alvarez (RW, 20y), Luca Netz (LWB, 17y), Augustin Rojas (OMZ, 21y) and many more, which will help me alot in the future. :)
Actually i loved Pedrinho and Barco in the past.
AND....Matheusinho (ZOM) is coming this winter !!!
These 3 young players helped me alot in the past and i will try to get these 3 togehter again. :lol:

Thanks TFF for this tactic.
I know the FM2020 isn`t that easy to break with a tactic anymore. So even more thanks to you.

I`m playing the FM for many years now and even played the EA Manager before and Anstoss 3 from Ascaron + another english football manager etc...
..and i`m playing others saves with own tactic, which is also very nice to enjoy.
Still...this is more chilled to reach your goals faster and test things. So...as an experienced player and a fottball-fanatic irl, i thank you again and wish you and all the others on this board a very nice sunday and a great start into the week.

Cheers & Ciao Amigos, Olé!

:onmehead:

20200308024855_1.jpg

20200308025004_1.jpg

20200308025117_1.jpg

20200308025146_1.jpg

TFF. I am getting frastruted. I use Cerber V3 plus Fury V1. This is the 5th season, and I am using Bari in Italy A (promoted from C, and the 3rd season in A. Last season won Euro II, and the 6th place in A for the past two seasons). Now almost every game I have better statisitics such as shoot, shoot on target... But I just can not win the game or even a score. I dont know why? Also, the performance was poor, hardly to see anyone got 7.0, most of players were 6.4 even 6.3. Please help. (20.4 version). Thanks!

10 hours ago, DesoxyN said:

Only 1 player forming a wall.. Is this a bug on Match Engine? Because I checked the defending free-kicks and there were 4 players should be walling.

Mate, I think there was only 1 man to form the wall because it was an indirect freekick

9 hours ago, rlemos said:

for me is still hard to find good players according to the atributes that TFF requires... maybe it's my fault, but i'm getting frustated because of that

Mate, I can say that only when you manage the best club in the game you can get perfect players for the tactic and in other cases you just get the best from what you can afford and most of time such players are far from the perfection

7 hours ago, Kolle69 said:

what are the most important positions for cerber v3?

I find STC, ML and MR are the most important positions in the tactic

2 hours ago, DIngsi said:

TFF. I am getting frastruted. I use Cerber V3 plus Fury V1. This is the 5th season, and I am using Bari in Italy A (promoted from C, and the 3rd season in A. Last season won Euro II, and the 6th place in A for the past two seasons). Now almost every game I have better statisitics such as shoot, shoot on target... But I just can not win the game or even a score. I dont know why? Also, the performance was poor, hardly to see anyone got 7.0, most of players were 6.4 even 6.3. Please help. (20.4 version). Thanks!

Mate, I can only say that Cerber V3 gives me the best possible result taking into consideration the quality of my players but there's still a lot of randomness and luck in the game so the better your players compared to your opponents, the higher your chances on success :)