Transfer fees are out of touch with real life

Why don't you just "bounce" them a figure of £50 million and find out for yourself??

going to try see how much they will accept its the first time ive played a big team on all the other previous versions i started unemployed and highest ive been was the championship so im used to wheeling and dealing freebies and out of contracts it just when it came back 115 mil i nearly choked lol

Some people really value their coffee!!

It's Carte Noir doncha know :cool:

Geez, Nomis. Just let the guy have a bit!

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Soon he'll be after some of my soup and then some of my car and then some of life, it's called identity theft Mike and it's as real as you and me.

When did he sign for City?!

he didnt

" Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has poured cold water on rumours that goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is set for a big-money move to Manchester City.

Reports in Italy and England suggest the Premier League club have tabled a £63million bid for the Italy number one and are ready to offer him a five-year contract worth £12.5million a season. "

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4529660,00.html

yes i fully accept that they dont want to sell him but to ask 115 mil is unrealistic im betting in real life if some one bounced a figure of say 50 mil juventus would start to reconsider there loyalty to him

Lets say a club comes for Robinho who is scoring lots of goals for your club. I dont know his value at the start of the game but i am in March and now his value is around 25 million. He is the first member you pick for your team and is an integral part of your ambition of a league title. Say someone like Barcelona/AC Milan/Inter or even Juventus comes and puts in a bid of 40 million. Will u accept that bid since its less than the 46 million Real paid for Zidane? You either try to quote them out of interest or get ready to sell him for a huge amount of money..will it be realistic then?

I think the whole thing is fine! Very realistic. Yes they are quoting that price because they don't want to lose him! But i guess one thing SI could do is put a cap on the whole game of say £70million so that that is the limit for ridiculous fees. As IRL you can buy anyone for £70mil, as long as the player himself wants to join!

But i'm sure there will always be people who would be against that as it removes the possibility of a higher fee ever happening! Which some may feel removes the realism!

I think this is a good idea :D

PS :p tingting as you joined in 2006 i guess you made that name up then? Surely you could claim copyright on that and sue the Ting Tings! :D (unless you got it from somewhere else that i'm not aware of!)

Lets say a club comes for Robinho who is scoring lots of goals for your club. I dont know his value at the start of the game but i am in March and now his value is around 25 million. He is the first member you pick for your team and is an integral part of your ambition of a league title. Say someone like Barcelona/AC Milan/Inter or even Juventus comes and puts in a bid of 40 million. Will u accept that bid since its less than the 46 million Real paid for Zidane? You either try to quote them out of interest or get ready to sell him for a huge amount of money..will it be realistic then?

yes i would 40 million for a player is a massive amount of money and too good to turn down if they offered 40 million for one of my stars i would up it a bit and make it public to see if i could get a little bit more but 40 million into my bank account when i started with just 80 million and after one season id lost 19 million so its good sense

I think the whole thing is fine! Very realistic. Yes they are quoting that price because they don't want to lose him! But i guess one thing SI could do is put a cap on the whole game of say £70million so that that is the limit for ridiculous fees. As IRL you can buy anyone for £70mil, as long as the player himself wants to join!

But i'm sure there will always be people who would be against that as it removes the possibility of a higher fee ever happening! Which some may feel removes the realism!

I think this is a good idea :D

i accept all the reasons that people have put forward i hold my hands up and say oh well its just i found and its only my opinion that 115 mil was a bit unrealistic i couldn't even of afforded 50 mil lol

i accept all the reasons that people have put forward i hold my hands up and say oh well its just i found and its only my opinion that 115 mil was a bit unrealistic i couldn't even of afforded 50 mil lol

"However, Ranieri insists Buffon is going nowhere.

"Manchester City's offer for Buffon? Well if we wait a bit maybe the number of millions will reach 100," joked the former Chelsea boss.

"At the end of the season we could even reach 150!

"No, joking apart, Gigi remains with us. He will not go anywhere.""

Proof if any were needed that FM = correct ;)

"However, Ranieri insists Buffon is going nowhere.

"Manchester City's offer for Buffon? Well if we wait a bit maybe the number of millions will reach 100," joked the former Chelsea boss.

"At the end of the season we could even reach 150!

"No, joking apart, Gigi remains with us. He will not go anywhere.""

Proof if any were needed that FM = correct ;)

famous last words in the football world my player isnt going anywhere lol hes already gone watch this space

thats the point im getting at if a club in real life wanted to keep a player they would all just quote stupid prices but it doesnt happen we see big big names being transfered for reasonable prices every transfer window

No, not at all, because the player has some say. If Buffon wanted to go (hahahahaha... sorry, too funny) and Juve slapped 115mil on him, he'd turn in a transfer request and he and player's association would cry loud and strong that Juve was trying to put a damper on his career and keep him from doing the best for him blah-blah-blah and he might start leaking a few goals and poisoning the dressing room atmosphere, etc... They'd then be forced to do what Tottenham did with Berba, which is get the best price possible by holding out as long as possible, but the sale would have to happen in the end.

Archived