MarcxD

22 hours ago, gemxtria said:

Enjoying this! Keep up the good work

Cheers!

12 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Congrats on promotion.

Thanks mate.

11 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Poor Nice, they must be infuriated with playoff defeats in a row.

Yeah, it's rough! They're not doing too great anyway though, 15 draws in the regular season...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Season 2022

pre-season-prediction

Not sure what to expect but I'm hoping to not get relegated.

pre-season-tv-money

This will surely help.

pre-season-facilities

pre-season-upgrade-2

pre-season-upgrade

pre-season-transfers

Trying to improve the squad with a few new midfielders and defenders, but the biggest purchase was Vlahovic, a new striker. 

pre-season

Ups and downs in pre-season, we can still score and concede quite well :lol:

November - December 2022

november-december

The winter World Cup ridiculousness means two months without competitive games. Hopefully the wins against the Prague teams gives the team some morale again.

december-poty-l2

A belated award for some Ligue 2 heroics...

January 2023

january

This was much better, surprisingly so. Maybe the wait was good for us. Or maybe it was good that we could face Brest for two games in a row to get some more form. But multiple away league wins and a huge home against Toulouse... unexpected.

january-league-table

There's the top 3... and the bottom 3... but between that so much could change every matchday. Ridiculously close league if not for the dominance of the top 3.

january-out

Departures to get rid of deadwood.

january-in

Signed two talents, especially Calvez could make it here in the long term I hope.

january-job-offer

january-job-offer-2

Two foreign job offers, pretty big clubs not in direct danger of relegation.

This seems to be going like a breeze, other than the odd big thumping, but losing by 1 or losing by 10 pays the same points, so what matters is the other matches.

Soon you'll be bringing Champions League football to Belgrade! Wait.

On 13/11/2019 at 15:22, BillHoudini24 said:

Oh, thank God you picked it up after the break. I got a bit nervous after the PSG and Lille results. Your persistence in attacking football is nothing but admirable!

I tried a more cautious approach in some games but that just doesn't feel right. All or nothing.

On 13/11/2019 at 15:24, gemxtria said:

Hell, that score is rough!

It was! A red card didn't help, but we were already 5 or 6 down at that point I think.

17 hours ago, noikeee said:

This seems to be going like a breeze, other than the odd big thumping, but losing by 1 or losing by 10 pays the same points, so what matters is the other matches.

Soon you'll be bringing Champions League football to Belgrade! Wait.

That's a good way of looking at a 10-0 defeat.. But it's definitely going pretty smooth. 

It would be fun to face Crvena Zvezda in Europe at some point!

March 2023 + Intake

march

It's hard to come up with a tougher set of games in Ligue 1 so to come away with 2 points is not that bad. Also, 4-7 is quite a bit better than 0-10...

march-league-table

march-youth-intake

Not great, but signed quite a few of them as usual to see how they develop.

march-signing

They'll get Chiellini as a trainer as my DoF signed him (I don't do staff signings except for DoF, HoYD and assman)

march-job-offer

Edited by MarcxD

April 2023

april

We're definitely not in the best form anymore, but still a few good wins and at least we're scoring goals. 5-7...

april-league-table

The race for 7th is insane, 4 points between 13th placed Montpellier and Angers.

Edited by MarcxD

May 2023

may

Not a bad last month to be fair, a shame to lose twice at home though.

may-league-table

Just missed out on Europe in the end, which is fair enough with 91 goals conceded, more than any other team. 3rd highest amount of goals scored though!

may-price-money

may-vision

may-playoff

Nice finally won a play-off so they'll be back next year.

Edited by MarcxD

Season Review 2022-23

post-season-season-review

Happily surprised that we were able to get to mid-table and even close to Europe, especially after a difficult start and some rough games against PSG...

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-squad

post-season-talent

Great free signing from Ajax :thup:

post-season-table

post-season-plans

post-season-move

We'll be playing in the stadium of the French rugby team for now...

19 hours ago, walterjocoski said:

Your threads are always amazing. I'm following your france trip.

I appreciate that. Hope it'll live up to your expectations ;) 

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

That's a great position after struggling earlier on.

For sure. It seems every season now I'm doing quite a bit better in the second half of the season. Cheers!

Pre-Season 2023

pre-season-prediction

Still predicted to finish in last. I'll be going for another mid-table finish, anything better would be a boon.

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers

Busy transfer market as usual, as I got to try to make a step forward every year. As I often do I've signed a few players whose contracts were ending at bigger teams, I also signed some of the playersI loaned last year in Veips and Pirola.

Most of the latter incoming transfers aren't for the first team immediately but prospects, except for loanees Hamon & Vaghi and Van Dorp. I bought Van Dorp as Marseille came in for Ortega. They are at a similar skill level but Van Dorp is much younger and could still grow while Ortega at 30 is not going to get better. I also sold Ilic to Southampton, whom I had signed the previous season for free and had a strong year at midfield/AML, but I have other options there.

pre-season

Best pre-season I've had so far, some very good performances generally. Never know if that'll translate to the actual season though, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

pre-season-job-offer

Probably the biggest club yet to offer me the job.

22 hours ago, gemxtria said:

I signed Matty Longstaff on loan from Newcastle for my Preston save and he was a star player for me. Great signing 

Hope he can do the same for me, his development probably staggered a bit as he hasn't played all that much for Sheffield since joining them 3 years ago.

19 hours ago, john1 said:

Wow! Read it right from the start and what an career already :eek: Kind of meh start so far, hopefully you can get better youth intakes :thup:  

Thanks mate! Yeah the intakes are a bit of a shame but I think that's going to take some more years of upgrades and luck.

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

It's too easy already!

It's been smooth so far but I won't go that far (yet). It depends how quickly I'll be able to challenge the top sides - and whether the tactic survives all ME changes in the beta. The start to this season is rough though

September 2023

september

So yeah, we are not doing well. Conceding too many chances and not doing enough with our own. The team probably needs a bit of gelling every year so I'm expecting us to improve, but it could also be that the tactic is somewhat nerfed through ME changes. Too early to judge for sure. I am looking to play a bit more cautiously in some games.

september-league-table

December 2023

december

I can deal with losing to Lyon and PSG so in all honesty this is another good month, winning the two other home games and drawing away. Except for the Strasbourg game I used the counter tactic.

december-league-table

January 2024

january-incoming

Decided to make some targeted transfers - a new right back, a central defender and an AMC. 

january

A clear improvement, using my regular tactic except against PSG.

january-league-table

Moving away from the relegation spots to a mid-table position now, if we can keep this going it could still be a good season. 

February 2024

february

Mostly used the counter tactic and it also works, including an away win at Monaco! But I'm missing the 5-1s and even the 4-7s. :( 

february-league-table

Working wonders for our position though, much closer to Europe than to relegation.

May 2024

may

Pretty good finish to the season honestly. 

may-league-table

may-vision

Another 9th place finish, not quite as much goals scored and conceded due to the more cautious style of play at times. It's probably the best to switch between the styles for as long as my squad isn't ready to really mix it up at the top of the league, although I'm also thinking about experimenting with some new tactics in a test save.

18 hours ago, john1 said:

Decent season overall :cool: Shame about the youth intakes tho :( 

Yeah, probably just too much competition from near by teams with better youth recruitment. 

18 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Safe. Now to build.

Yep, definitely will be trying to go for upgrades as much as possible now and less dependent on mediocre transfers to fill in the gaps

Pre-Season 2024

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-prediction

Better odds and position predicted, of course I want some more and go for a relatively easy survival and if possible a fight for Europe.

pre-season-transfers

As I already have a relatively full squad now, I tried to do less transfers and just focus on some positions I needed improving. Bisoli in midfield, Mamengi in central defense, and Mattiello as right back. The other two are more for the future.

pre-season

Pretty good pre-season with the classic tactic, but I decided from the start of september to go for a "new" tactic. 

pre-season-new-tactic

It is still attacking with many of the same positions, but it's going to be more focussed on direct football, less tiki taka. Going forward with box to box midfielders and crosses from the wingbacks. It's also defensively more secure.

I plan on going back to the earlier tactic when the squad is strong enough to dominate in the league.

March 2025

march

Probably the worst month in the season so far although of course a loss at PSG is taken for granted anyway. 

march-league-table

Dropping off somewhat but still with a good chance to make Europe.

march-mourinho

FM is too realistic at times.

march-youth-intake

I don't really see it in this batch either, some more upgrades needed I fear.