[FM20] Red Star F.C.

MarcxD

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/12/2019 at 11:41, kidthekid said:

Great season. Unlucky with the penalties in the final. The penalty shootout win against Inter was shocking. Only 3 successful penalty attempts from both sides combined lol

Haha yeah that's true, I guess not surprising we lost on penalties after that. Thanks mate.

Pre-Season 2030

pre-season-prediction

pre-season

pre-season-outgoing

No huge or shocking exits this time around, as back-up left back Carlos and back-up goalkeeper Borovicanin are sold alongside some players aging or not quite living up to their potential like Benitez (29, that's way too old :lol:), Dabo & Stokic.

Don't think Spanish newgen Quique is worth that kind of money (or likely to ever make it here) so he was let go to Monaco.

pre-season-incoming

I did spend quite a bit of money, with the 4 most expensive going to be around the first XI: Wolters a new AMC, Pavlovic a new MC, Benedetti bought back from Juventus after he was transferlisted (I sold him to them for 60M) as new AML and Jokanovic is a new central defender.

Except for Pavlovic they were all transferlisted and make the squad stronger - not necessarily much better than what I already have but similar or slightly better, so that some rotation or injuries won't hurt that much. 

Really the only down side is that they were after a bit more money but for a CL finalist I had a remarkably low wage spend so it's not too bad, even if some of the current players will probably ask for new contracts soon. All within means. 

August 2030

august

august-pens

This **** again.

Well, a decent start to the league, although not too happy with dropping points in the very first match. I have a feeling this has happened too often in games against Rennes for some reason.

august-league-table

Lyon & PSG the only two teams to have a perfect start, what a surprise.

august-CL-draw

It's not the worst draw, but could've been easier. Should still qualify, though. Almost feel sorry for Dinamo Zagreb... (or Fenerbahçe).

September 2030

september

Very strong results. Not an ideal defensive record but I doubt that's ever going to happen with my tactics. Very important to have beaten Lyon at home.

september-league-table

Edited by MarcxD

October 2030

october

What a win in the CL against the Austrian Red Bulls and some other good matches; a big shame we couldn't beat PSG though. Especially at home.

october-league-table

Good to see Lyon drop some points, and Monaco might actually be in the mix again this year as well.

November 2030

november

We are scoring and conceding, that's for sure. Great to get two wins in the CL and secure qualification, but it is worrying to get another loss, it remains to be seen how much PSG will drop throughout the season.

november-league-table

Lyon not doing too well ATM, good...

20 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Some tactical tweaks may be enough to sort out your defense, you should have good enough players to get those numbers down.

Yeah, that is probably true. It has never exactly been my strong suit and as long as we keep winning I'm not too bothered. It could be a good idea to think about any changes though.

December 2030

december

A good run with some clean sheets, including a nice comfortable win over Monaco. Not quite a perfect month due to dropping some points to Lille, but all in all a nice run to go into the next year.

december-league-table

Very interesting mid-season table, equal on points with PSG. Consistency throughout 2031 will be key to win the title again. Goals for and against clearly show our different approaches, can you see that PSG is managed by Mourinho? :)  We're averaging more than 3-1 per game while for them it's more like a 2-0. 

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

Not the draw I was looking for...

Liverpool may have only won 1 title during this career (back in 2022), but are still a steady top team and have won 4 CL's (2020, 2024-2026). They have been managed by Pep Guardiola since 2020 (!)