JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Des - great season review as ever. like the new features. as for the squad, it seems to me that it's only a matter of time before you break into the top 3 consistently. you've a really solid team with two great wingers and a couple of great goalscorers. love the look of Tiago - i can't believe he was a reserve!! maybe with the addition of a great GK and maybe another goalscorer (??) you might make it.

As for Real Oviedo, i have signed 2 'stars' to join in January and bring some experience to the team. They are Arjen Robben (32) and Jo (29). Cost about £1.7 million each and wages are in line with my top earners. hopefully they can bring some vital experience to the squad as we try and rebuild and push for European football again.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**End of Season Update - 2015/16 - Domegliara - Serie A**

Transfers

Right, lets start off this update with a look back at the summer transfers.

I didn't make many signings, but managed to keep hold of all my important players. Though I did accept a co-ownership bid for Silvano Ferraro from AC Milan. They bid £8.25M. Robert Feczesin also left for £725K, but it was no great hardship to see him leave. I had offered him to clubs.

As for the incoming players:

Daniele Braca - a good young Italian centre-back not as dominant in the air as I usually like but makes up for it with his other stats. He is the most expensive player in Domegliara history costing £2.4M.

Juho Johansson - a youngish central midfielder from Finland, brought in as back-up for Casisa and cost £825K.

Fedir Kandaurov - the striker I was talking about last season has arrived. He set me back £425K but I can see him being worth it. Good in the air and with the ball at his feet.

Alfonso Maggi - a right winger who I've had my eye on for a while, excellent raw talent, could be better mentally, but hopefully he will learn. He cost the club £1.2M

Hamza Tlili - strong defender, replacing the unfortunate Borghese. He arrived for £1.6M.

League

Now I normally like to keep the final outcome of my season a surprise for as long as possible, but I fear I have let it slip repeatedly over this last season, so here goes. I was relegated, finished 19th. It was a season of real struggle, I never got out of the relegation places, and there was only one occasion when it looked like we might, during a time when I had a run of games against those around us. We made a few purchases in January, with Anders D'Alessandro and Ludovic Diarra joining the ranks. But we couldn't get the results we needed and we certainly deserved our relegation. Still, there were a few positives to come out of the experience. Pastore reached 100 league games for us, and also became the record goalscorer for the team. And obviously it was a planned relegation as I wanted to complete my haul of lower league trophies.

Star Players

Star players is a bit of a misnomer for the squad this season. How about 'players who didn't totally embarrass themselves'. But anyway here we go:

Diego Pastore - he proved he can compete at the highest level and was our top scorer with 17 goals, as he swept past the 50 career goal mark.

Claudio Di Mauro - he is leaving at the end of the season, and will be sorely missed, but he was unhappy, believing he could play at a higher level, which is probably true. Anyway he is off to Anderlecht for £8M, representing a nice bit of profit after he joined in a part exchange deal.

Giuseppe Casisa - he didn't play as well as he has done in every other league, but he didn't embarrass himself and at 30 he has signed a new 5 year contract that will surely see this club legend finish his career at Domegliara. He has the honour of captaining Domegliara at every league level.

Hamza Tlili - he didn't play brilliantly this season, but he scored a few goals, and I imagine we'd have been even worse off without him.

Daniele Braca - ditto to the above, he made plenty of appearances. He should be excellent in Serie B if he stays.

Marco Novello - Best of the bunch, best average rating, and proved that the man signed for £3K back in 2011/12 can cut it at the highest level. If I can hold onto him he should provide the assists to get us back where we belong.

Steven Willems - Not as consistent as Novello, but had some equally brilliant games. He too will be vital next season if I can keep the vultures away and him happy.

Awards

Top Scorer - Diego Pastore - 17 goals

Fans' Player of the Season - Giuseppe Casisa - claims another fan award.

Highest Average Rating - Marco Novello - 7.04 (36 Apps)

Can we Play you Every Week - Not much competition this season so it goes to Salernitana who I drew with 2-2 away and beat 2-1 at home.

Flop of the Season - Fedir Kandaurov - thought he'd be great - he wasn't. He should still be a quality player for Serie B. Though new developments have made Ludovic Diarra a strong contender. He is leaving the club, for £1M - a small profit on a player prolific in lesser leagues but who just couldn't cut it.

Cup

Nothing again.

Best Eleven

15/16

Overall - Not sure what's happened to this. Some very strange inclusions and more importantly those left out seem even stranger!

Youth Player Watch

Pier Luigi Farinelli - Another move for the itinerant defender sees himself get to Serie A six months after we did. He however is staying there.

Aldo Mazzini - he's still developing nicely, but not getting many games, he is still behind captain Casisa in his position.

Diego Pastore - Well he continues to improve and impress - top scoring with 17 Serie A goals in a losing cause. He has signed a new 5 year deal too. The future of goal scoring should be safe.

Fabio Calabrese - Spent the season on loan at feeder club Grosetto, making 5 appearances and scoring no goals. He's not going to make it, is he.

Aims for Next Season

Promotion back to Serie A is a must.

New Records

A few records broken this season, they were -

Highest League Position - 19th Serie A - 2016 (previous - 2nd Serie B)

Highest Attendance - 17876 v Udinese - August 2015 (previous - 17,288 v Ravenna May 2015)

Highest Gate Receipts - £300K v Udinese - August 2015 (previous - £250K v Salernitana April 2015)

Average Attendance - 15928 - 2015/16 (previous - 12,528 - 2014/15)

Highest Scoring Game - 6-3 v Lazio (defeat) - April 2016 (previous I'll find out later!)

Highest Scoring League Game - 6-3 v Lazio (defeat) - April 2016 (previous I'll find out later!)

Most Games Lost in a Row - 9 - August - October 2015 (Previous - i'll find out)

Most Games Without Winning - 12 August - Novemeber 2015 (Previous - i'll find out)

Most League Games - Giuseppe Casisa - 229 (previous - Giuseppe Casisa - 201)

Most League Goals - Diego Pastore - 49 (previous Lucas Fiorotto - 45)

Highest Fee Paid - £2.4M - Daniele Braca July 2015 (previous - £1.2M Robert Feczesin - August 2014)

Total Transfer Spending - £7M - 2015 (previous - £3.3M - 2014)

Total Transfer Income - £11.25M - 2015 (previous - £4.7M - 2014)

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!
2010/11			Serie C1/B		1st				Champions!
2011/12			Serie B			8th				
2012/13			Serie B			11th
2013/14			Serie B			11th
2014/15			Serie B			2nd				Promoted!
2015/16			Serie A			19th				Relegated

Domegliara Trophy Cabinet

Serie C2/C - 2009/10

Serie C2 Super Cup - 2010

Serie C1/B - 2010/11

Serie C1 Super Cup - 2011

Best of luck next season PRDH. Have any players decided they want out because of the relegation?

Only one so far. Marius Dinu, my rotation midfielder has said he wants to play at a higher level. If someone bids for him I'll let him go.

EDIT - Make that two. Marco Novello is now demanding a transfer.

Now Dinu wants to stay. I've offered him a new contract.

New intake of youth players and the academy has done it again.

Check out this guy to come through this year's in take - Gianfranco Dalla Bona - I think the left-back position could be sorted for years to come!!

Well I am now officially loaded!!

Silvano Ferraro - The right back I signed for £500K the season I got promoted and sold 50% of to AC Milan for £8.25M last summer, has just fully joined AC Milan after the co-ownership bids I bid £3.3M they bid £16.75M! It's especially satisfying as I had signed a replacement in the January window, to arrive at the end of the season, so has just arrived. He is easily good enough and only cost me £1M.

My finances now look like this.

I need to think about whether I want to spend the cash.

New intake of youth players and the academy has done it again.

Check out this guy to come through this year's in take - Gianfranco Dalla Bona - I think the left-back position could be sorted for years to come!!

Don't show Rancer, he's better than Javier:D. hope you bounce back straight away next season, maybe it was promotion one season too early?

Monstor update LLR. Interesting to see where you've been in Europe on the map too. With more players joining the 100 club the squad should knit quite well together rather than buying new players constantly. You've done very well to get to 4th in all honesty with such a small wage and transfer budget compared to Sporting!

Thanks everyone. It's a strange feeling transfer window this. I've got loads of cash to spend if I want to. But I feel that the quad is good enough as it is. Ferraro and Di Mauro went but their replacements were lined up and deals done in January, so I don't really feel there is much to do. I'd like a better goalkeeper, but I can't get one significantly better than what I've got, and that wouldn't be good enough for Serie A.

EDIT - forgot to mention I've just got a Chinese feeder team to boost merchandising income, so I should make even more money now. I think I'm just going to save the money. At least until January. If I need an overhaul then at least I know I've got the financial backing to make an impact.

The board have just upped by transfer budget. They're also upgrading the training facilities too - I forgot to mention it earlier. There is a Swiss defender who I'm considering a more for. The price is £5M, I'm not sure he's worth it. My scouts think he'll become a good Serie A side, but already rate him as a decent Serie A player. He's good, I'm just not sure how far he can go.

He's signed. I decided he was a good player now, with plenty of time to improve, and also I can see one of my other defenders wanting to leave at some point this season.

No he's good PRDH I rate him. He's only 19 as well. Has great physical attributes and is good at heading and tackling. Marking will improve in time as will his mental stats. I'd say that's a good signing especially as he can get a good year of Serie B football under his belt.

Dalla Bonna has taken one of Pastore's records by coming on as a substitute. He is now the youngest ever player to feature for Domegliara - aged 16 and 51 days beating Pastore's record of 16 and 118 days.

EDIT - and one of my other defenders has just gone to Sporting for £5.75M having signed for £900K so another nice profit and it has paid for the other transfer.

Im gonna start this challenge in Italy any reccomendations for players?

Yes. If you can - get Casisa on a free transfer. He was one of my first signings in Serie C2/C and was still captain in Serie A, and still with me now in Serie B again.

News conference before my Cup game v Mantova - one of the journalists attirute towards me was 'awestruck' I'm glad to see they have a proper level of respect for me! :)

As promised,

Sachsen Leipzig end of season report :

Predicted : 16th

Finished : 8th - League Table and League Position graph

Finished in the exact position I was in in December, so no Europe next season for Leipzig. But it's hardly the worst that could happen because I really doubt my squad would be able to cope up in Europe. So 8th is a satisfactory position I'd say.

The German Cup ended in disappointment though, as we crashed out in the second round against Hertha BSC. The fans understood why we lost the match to Hertha though.

My star players were, of course, Marquinhos, Gustavo Cabral and Jochen Stachel. Between them they won 16 of the Man of the Match awards out of 21 totally won by all members of the team :thup:

Marquinhos was top scorer with 17 goals, and also leads the assists column with 12. A full look at the stats of the season for all the players.

My transfers for the season, which include the now famous Gustavo Cabral and the Miles Jacobson recommended Martin Galvan :cool:

This was probably our match of the season - Marquinhos, oh my word :eek:

Elsewhere, the Champions League was won by Valencia, beating FC Bayern in the final while the Euro Cup was won by Juventus beating Manchester United in the final.

And finally, something to ponder over. The world rankings in 2013. Look out for Peru, Bosnia and Herzegovina, United States, Cameroon and Switzerland, all above England in the table :D

And if you guys want to have a look at any other screenies, give me a shout.

Yes. If you can - get Casisa on a free transfer. He was one of my first signings in Serie C2/C and was still captain in Serie A, and still with me now in Serie B again.

News conference before my Cup game v Mantova - one of the journalists attirute towards me was 'awestruck' I'm glad to see they have a proper level of respect for me! :)

Ha I like that - I got my assistant to do the press conferences for me from about season 10 onwards, they have to be the most pointless, tiresome thing in FM imo.

Ha I like that - I got my assistant to do the press conferences for me from about season 10 onwards, they have to be the most pointless, tiresome thing in FM imo.

I'd like to be able to do that occasionally but I'm fairly confident my Assistant is an idiot. I may look at using some of the money to get a better assistant! I never know what to look for.

Is this about right - motivating, man management, Judging player potential/ability and tactical knowledge?

Marathon penalty shoot-out 8-8

It's got to the goalkeepers - mine scores, so does their 9-9

Back to the beginning - Pastore - scores 10-9

10-10

11-10

Saved!! Pastore win 11-10 on penalties! - Freudian slip - Domegliara win - though it was basically Pastore - 2 goals in normal time and two in the penalty shoot-out

The penalty shootout lasted 22 minutes!!

Total match-time 142:22!

Epic!

I'd like to be able to do that occasionally but I'm fairly confident my Assistant is an idiot. I may look at using some of the money to get a better assistant! I never know what to look for.

Is this about right - motivating, man management, Judging player potential/ability and tactical knowledge?

I'd also look for Adaptability and Determination.

D Machine - I would call that a good solid first season in Portugal, you bettered me, though I signed younger players so it took me four years to get up, but then I took Liga Vitalis by storm as I already had the players. The finances will not improve, if you have followed my finances they are still atrocious and I am sitting 4th on the table in Liga Sagres, in the past if it has started to look like real trouble the boss has thrown me some money. Hope they follow suit for you. I like the look of Mateus & Bessa, but I think they are a bit old :pSanches-Leal on the other hand looks like he could be a rock in midfield to get you promoted. I also love your own little awards section.

PRDH - A poor season really, Pastore still looking good, and glad his stats have gone up. I am a little worried that you are not spending money in your transfer windows as the drop is one of the worst things that can happen to a side. Unless you are able to get straight back up and your players improve hugely then you are in trouble. i would've gone for a full clean-out, you look to have some good young stars, but I am just worried about the team. Glad to see Domegliara with some money, and someone deserves monetary success its something I cannot see coming. Dalla Bonna...:cool:

TaylorB - It just keeps getting bigger it is out of my control now, I was thinking about splitting it, but I think it is just easier to compile as one post. I love the map idea, and it will continue in my future updates. I think having an experience factor in my team is going to be the difference this time around. Yeah i was amazed when I saw how low my budgets were compared to them. Still the problem of the old (real) players dominating exists, though they are almost all gone now.

El Sid - Good to see Sachsen Leipzig sitting just 10pts shy of Europe, I have to say I was not ready the first season I got in by Sporting Play Draw, but the experience showed me what I needed to compete in Europe. On a side note Portugal won the Sporting Play once more, so Academica's poor second half was not a factor and they made Europe anyway, and have just completed two thrashings in Malta & Lithuania.

Rlipscombe - My solid team is also still quite young at 24 or so across the board, with back-ups of 18-21, I am delighted with that group. Tiago was outshined by Janssen last season, at the beginning he was lined up as the starter, but he just didn't perform, I think a season comng off the bench helped his development and now he is right there. I think Juan & Crawford's battle in the DM slot is helping as well. Radakovic dropped his demands to 15k, I offered 14k and he accepted til 2026 (2 years, he will be 31), As for the rest of the squad trying to sign them til 2029 as best I can, only Di Giuseppe seems unwilling to sign a new contract, his expires July 2026 currently. I think my squad has some real strengths now and I am just looking for those young stars for the future. I now have 89k wage budget & 1mil transfer (Following a huge sale of a former player netting me 50% of sale). Nice to see another Dutch star make it into the challenge in Robben. :) Goalkeeper is my real worry I just can't seem to find anyone of any quality cheap enough, I am tempted to try and sell someone just to get the funds to splash on a keeper, most of their prices are around 3-5m.

PRDH - A poor season really, Pastore still looking good, and glad his stats have gone up. I am a little worried that you are not spending money in your transfer windows as the drop is one of the worst things that can happen to a side. Unless you are able to get straight back up and your players improve hugely then you are in trouble. i would've gone for a full clean-out, you look to have some good young stars, but I am just worried about the team. Glad to see Domegliara with some money, and someone deserves monetary success its something I cannot see coming. Dalla Bonna...:cool:

A really poor season. My thoughts with the transfer spending is that I can't find players that are much better than the team at the moment so I'm planning for my team to get me promoted again, and then with the improved league reputation see my money go to good use.

A really poor season. My thoughts with the transfer spending is that I can't find players that are much better than the team at the moment so I'm planning for my team to get me promoted again, and then with the improved league reputation see my money go to good use.

Ok that does make sense, if the better players aren't there then its all good. :)

Well the transfer window has slammed shut, and despite saying I'd go easy I have spent a bit of money on bringing some new faces into the squad.

Luca Scala arrived on a bosman transfer and is brought in as a replacement for Di Mauro and as back-up for the centre of the park.

Artur Pestena brought in on my scouts advice who think he is a lot better tha my current 'keeper. He came in at £2.3M.

Marko Mitrovic probably not one for the long-term, but his contract had expired and he adds variety to the strike-force due to his left footedness.

Vlatko Cvetkovski is the replacement for Ferraro. He is a different style of player, being left footed to start with, but is more attacking, should add some more danger on the flanks. He cost £1M.

Frank Heß is a young Swiss centre-back who was bought on my scouts and iacovone's approval because of his potential, he is already reckoned to be my best defender by my Assistant Manager. He cost £5M and is the most expensive player in il Nuovi Rossoneri's history.

Niccolo Adami - a £300K buy, the 18-year old can play on either flank and has some good looking stats for his age, but in all likelihood will only become a good back-up.

Facility upgrade completed - the set-up at Domegliara is looking pretty good now. Hopefully the academy products will get a bit better now, because really I've had nothing come through. ;)

PRDH - you've got some really good looking players there. i'd probablydo the same as you in backing the team to bounce back. keep the basis of your squad the same and splash some cash in January if necessary. Finances are looking really good now. As for Dalla Bonna... WOW. great stats for one so young.

good luck next season.

PRDH - To bad about the relegation, but you'll be back I'm sure. That leftback looks amazing.

d-machine - So close, I really hate that type of promotion system. France is perfect. 3 up 3 down, no fiddling about with a few matchest ruining a whole season. Guess that's one thing the french got right.

LLR - Good season. Looks like you're well established in 4th now. Time to take the step up. Should happen soon with all that talent if you can keep them together.

el sid - Good job. Crossing fingers for European spot next year.

I'm slowly going through the preseason transfer window. Been reasonably quiet so far. Itoua left on a free which was already agreed on in January, so I'm trying to replace him. Got a couple I'm working on there. A bigger problem is that Clausen rejected my new contract offer. He instead went to Barcelona. Good luck to him, he's good, but I'm not sure he'll make it in a team full of stars. I got a dutch right winger I'm hoping will come that's similar to Clausen, but he's more of a uncut diamond. Clausen will be missed for sure.

We've also got rid of Mario Fleisch, Nemanja Milic, Jose Juan Melero and Yoric Ravet. None of them showed me any reason to keep them last year. I'm also trying to sell Benoit Costil, cause he keeps getting players to "dislike" him (and he's only got 1 year left on the contract). I've decied to let Joris Delle be the first choice in goal this year. Looking for a young backup aswell.

Also trying to bring in a few more french youngsters. Working on several deals there. Problem is even the 15-16 year olds that you can just offer contracts to cost millions. So I'm going for the 17-19 year olds that look decent instead. Hoping to have 5-6 first teamers from France in a few years time.

There's lots of interest in my most valuable players Coutinho, Rochina and Paiva. Big clubs like Liverpool, Inter, Chelsea, Bayern, etc are after them. But unless they bid twice their value I'm not accepting (unless my stupid board do for me). Coutinho is valued at £9,75m now, he's the highest we've got. But hopefully we can just keep this squad for at least another season. Next summer I may just have to sell Rochina and Paiva since they dont wanna sign new contracts and have 2 years left, but for now they are to valuable in terms of quality.

I'm gonna play some of the less used players alot this season. Seeing how insane Paivas development was when he got first team football every week I wanna see if we can copy that type of progress on other young players.

Oh and last but not least, Marek Sapara signed another 2 year deal. He backed down from his £30k demand after his contract ran out and noone else wanted him. He's got a £14,25k deal instead now. He wont be a first choice this year, but he's just invaluable as a squad player and can tutor some of the younger players.

I'll post some screenshots and stuff once all the transfers are done, probably not untill Wednesday earliest. No time for FM tomorrow.

D Machine - I would call that a good solid first season in Portugal, you bettered me, though I signed younger players so it took me four years to get up, but then I took Liga Vitalis by storm as I already had the players.

Thanks, I'm trying to get younger players in this season. I already had a 21 year old back up keeper, I now have an 18 and a 19 year old strikers, a 22 year old attacking mid, and a 24 year old CB. I'm also trying to play anyone half-decent that comes through my academy.

The finances will not improve, if you have followed my finances they are still atrocious and I am sitting 4th on the table in Liga Sagres, in the past if it has started to look like real trouble the boss has thrown me some money. Hope they follow suit for you.

Well, I didn't really expect to be able to save my finances this season, it'd be near impossible (Challenge Idea - Bring up a team through Portugal and have positive balance all the time :p), but I want to try and slow the drop. It doesn't help that my stadium is only 2500k capacity.

I like the look of Mateus & Bessa, but I think they are a bit old :pSanches-Leal on the other hand looks like he could be a rock in midfield to get you promoted.

Yeah Mateus and Bessa are short term solutions, Sanches-Leal was a great find, but it wasn't my scouts that found him. For once my Ass. Man actually did something!

I also love your own little awards section.

Thanks, but it's nothing on yours.

I've just had something happen that i've never seen before - My board "gave" me -3k to "spend"

-3k, can I have a share of that? ;)

Well I have decided I hate the Olympics. I lose 7 players for the tournament, yet no games get rearranged, I am now short 4 starters, and half my bench :( I had this during the qualifying as well and lost to Sporting in this time, could've won if I had my players. Now I have to Qualify for Euro Cup without them and start my league season against Benfica...:(

If it came from Benfica, definetly don't sell! Just loaded up a different save, I'm 1.7mil in the red there. Then I lost a game. Needless to say I opened my Clube Futebol Benfica save...

That was my thought, if they had offered 20 mil then maybe I would've. Its just not enough really, though could be like 11 mil total. I would've changed games too. I am about to face Ajax away in a friendly they sent to me. Then off to Estonia in the Euro Qual.

Good luck in the qualifiers, though you probably don't need it against an Estonian team :p

Here are a couple of my new signings -

Rui Ferreira - Young striker with decent physical attributes, should take over Bessa by the seasons end

Pedro Marques - Young attacking mid, if Alexis picks up where he left off last season, this guys getting the position.

And Manu Gavilan. He was with us last season, but didn't get many games. If he can perform, then Bessa will be 3rd choice.

Next Season...

After going so close this season we have to be hoping for promotion next year although the playoffs mean a single bad game can destroy an entire seasons work.

I knew that post would come back to haunt me. We absolutely blitzed the league only losing 2 all season and 1 of those was after the title was wrapped up....but we lost in the first phase of the promotion playoffs and then spurned our reprieve by losing in the second phase too :mad:

Full report tonight. :(

Thanks rlipscombe & PRDH. I think our miniscule rep is still counting against us as despite dominating the league we went into a lot of games as huge underdogs and in all the playoff games, both home and away I think our best odds were 2-1 against.

Anyway, once the report is done and posted I'll be looking to clear out a couple of players who are demanding silly money (£300 p/w :eek::p ) to stay and bring in some fresh talent. I reckon maybe 3 or 4 changes max before next season.

Been reading through this thread regularly and out of this and gundo's i've opted to take part in this challenge as it seems the most active. Looking to have a go at this to run alongside my Newcastle game as a kind of side game, will hopefully get through quickly. Going to start in Italy as i've never had a real go in Italy on any manager game will update at the end of pre-season.

Been reading through this thread regularly and out of this and gundo's i've opted to take part in this challenge as it seems the most active. Looking to have a go at this to run alongside my Newcastle game as a kind of side game, will hopefully get through quickly. Going to start in Italy as i've never had a real go in Italy on any manager game will update at the end of pre-season.

Good luck mate :thup:

One thing i was wondering (and this is no criticism) is why is it a rule that you only load the nation you are playing in, is this to make it harder? Easier to run? Just wondering as i generally like to see whats going on in other leagues and have more than just reputation affect the teams that make it into the champions league etc...

Daemonic: Thats just harsh, I think reputation only actually matters for your attendances really cause your league is in full detail so it shouldn't affect that. But hopefully one more season will be enough.

Mokko: Its just always been the way, I think its so that everyone has the same league running and therefore a similar amount of players in the world, and it means that the challenge is very similar across the board. Too many variables if you start adding more leagues. (Could also be that its just the style of these small-big challenges)

Archived