JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**End of Season Update - Domegliara - Serie A - 2018/19**

Transfers

A lot of money went in and out of the Domegliara coffers this season. With big money transfers coming in and then going out again quickly. Anyway here is the list.

League

Ok, so first up I'll come clean. I lied about it being an exciting, big season. Sorry! The first half of the season was a story of misfiring strikers. With none of them getting past 5 goals pre-January. This form saw me lurking in the lower reaches of the league. However, the new year brought about an upturn in fortunes and a couple of good winning streaks saw me rise up to mid-table anonymity and then a decent run-in saw me consolidate the position and finish 10th. This represents my highest league finish, beating last year's 11th.

Players

Mixed bag from the players. The two big signings of the summer were disappointments. Castelli played 11 games reasonably well, before he moved on for a massive £32.5M. Leerdam, started well with a couple of goals in his first league game, but then really did nothing.

Artur Pestana - the goalkeeper had another good season. He's been recognised by his country and is being chased by a few clubs.

Christoffer Nilsen - decent back-up, offers a more solid option at right-back.

Daniele Braca - centre-back, he looks good, but has never done much in the first team.

Frank Heß - still first choice. He's one of the players who can stay with me and get the team to the top.

Antonio Pellegrini - he's a top class centre-back, he wants a new challenge, but no one is willing to match my asking price.

Hamza Tlili - he's a good back-up to the first team, he is a real threat from set-pieces.

Antonio Velardi - brought in during January he added some guts to the midfield. The vultures are already circling.

Anton Iljin - brought in to replace Cvetkovski who left for Genoa in January, he's good enough for now.

Giovanni Marchese - coming to the end of a glorious Domegliara career, having spent years as first choice, he is now a more than capable back-up for Dalla Bona.

Gianfranco Dalla Bona - he'll be a legend, that's surely all that needs to be said, he is growing into a great player.

Aldo Mazzini - still here, still back-up

Giuseppe Casisa - recovered from his injury in time to play some games this season, but he is looking like his best years are behind him now. I'd like to keep him around the place, and give him a job on the staff when he retires.

Marius Dinu - he's a good player. I'd like to replace him for next season though.

Cesare Peluso - youngster with some good potential, will he reach it though?

Marco Novello - he's a really top winger, It doesn't look like he'll get international recognition, but if I were Italy manager I'd call him up.

Igor Teplyakov - wasn't as big a part this season, but chipped in with some handy goals.

Holger Wagner - played a big part in the middle part of the season, due to some injury problems for Novello.

Steven Willems - replaced Castelli again, when the latter left, and the team's play improved with the replacement.

Diego Pastore - a disappointing end to 2018, he didn't score goals, but hit form again in 2019, hopefully he'll continue into next season.

Bent Hansen - well the boy has finally come good. He got good game-tame in the second half of the season, and scored goals. He'll be first choice for the beginning of next season.

Fedir Kandaurov - looks to be on his way out, played very few games, and barely threatened.

Robert Leerdam - as I've already said, he was a flop, looking for some bids in the summer.

Stefano Okaka - didn't play much, didn't score.

Cup

Best performance to date - reached the 1st round proper of the Italian Cup - amazing.

Awards

Top Scorer - Bent Hansen - 13 goals

Fans Player of the Season - Diego Pastore

Highest Average Rating - Marco Novello - 7.14 (28 Apps)

Can We Play You Every Week - Lecce are the unfortunate winners this season - we beat them 2-0 away and 3-1 at home.

Youth Player Watch

Pier Luigi Farinelli - He's still at Torino, but he has now stayed 2 season, which is the usual amount he spends somewhere.

Aldo Mazzini - His career is stalling.

Diego Pastore - Hopefully, next season will see a return to form.

Gianfranco Dalla Bona - Already classed as a leading Serie A player - and has the potential to improve.

Stephen Carriero - He's 16 now, I'm still not convinced. I think 1 more season in the U-20s and then out on loan.

Records

Not many records this season.

Highest League Position - 10th Serie A (previous - 11th Serie A)

Highest Attendance - 22852 v Bologna - April 2019

Highest Gate Receipts - £475K v Torino - March 2019

Most Games without Scoring - 4 - Dec 2018 to Jan 2019

Most League Apps - Casisa - 316

Most League Goals - Pastore - 94

Highest Fee Paid - £16.25M - Alessandro Castelli - August 2018

Highest Fee Received - £32.5 - Alessandro Castelli - Jan 2019

Best Elevens

18/19

Overall (fingers crossed) - it's actually closer to what I'd think it should be swap Wagner for Novello and Casisa for Teplyakov and it would be about right.

Aims for Next Season

Push for European places.

Other News

Pastore and Hansen were 2nd and 3rd in Serie A young player of the year.

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!
2010/11			Serie C1/B		1st				Champions!
2011/12			Serie B			8th				
2012/13			Serie B			11th
2013/14			Serie B			11th
2014/15			Serie B			2nd				Promoted!
2015/16			Serie A			19th				Relegated
2016/17			Serie B			1st				Champions!
2017/18			Serie A			11th				
2018/19			Serie A			10th

Domegliara Trophy Cabinet

Serie C2/C - 2009/10

Serie C2 Super Cup - 2010

Serie C1/B - 2010/11

Serie C1 Super Cup - 2011

Serie B - 2016/17

Previous Reports

2009/10

2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

2013/14

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

I've made a bid to bring Claudio Di Mauro (some of you may remember him!) back to the club, he left for £8M, Anderlecht supposedly want £4M for him. I'm never sure it's a clever thing to do - bringing a player back. He was also part of the team that got relegated. But he is a really good player.

Di Mauro has returned. He cost £5M but that still represents £3M less than we sold him for.

[edit] - I forgot to say, this is my new youth product - supposedly capable of being one of the best players of his generation.

PRDH - he loos another good prospect. 6' 4" at 15!! Seriously needs to improve his composure but that should come with age.

el sid - is it good? the missus loves sims and has Sims 2 with the packs. She'd like the new one but money is a bit tight at the moment so she's happy to wait...

AD Universidad de Oviedo - Segunda Division 2B - Christmas 2013

The Summer Update

First up was a visit from Palencia where we continued with our inability to open a season with a win (only in the first season have we collected 3 points in game 1). I thought a 1-1 draw was OK as Palencia were much better than us last season but given where they are currently in the table (see later) it might not have been that good. We clicked quicker than usual this season and racked up 5 straight wins, none against top teams but 3 away from home.

We were riding high at the top as we visited Eibar, the first "good" team of the season. We took the lead thru a penalty and were holding on nicely until an overhit cross went in off the post :rolleyes:. 3 minutes later and an another goal off the woodwork and we had our first defeat of the season. Not really too deserved tbh. Sestao were ceremoniously dismissed before we had a defensive horror show at a really not very good Fuenlabrada team. 0-0 at h/t became 3-3 at f/t in a match that we thoroughly dominated and should have won comfortably. We weren't much better at the back against Real Union but thankfully 2 stunning long distance goals from Elgezabel and 2 comedy GK ogs meant it made no difference.

We then stuttered, 3 draws in a row, admittedly 2 were against good sides but a 0-0 away to Gernika was not great and it was also a tad lucky, we both hit the woodwork twice. 2 1-0 wins were better before a slightly disappointing Vecindario visited and we were utterly dire, 0-3 down after 30 mins. We got 1 back but that did little to dissipate the embarrassment. We finished the pre-Christmas games with 2 away draws, one of which should definitely have been a win.

So, we are nicely placed in 5th. A simple look at the table will tell you the slight problem: draws. If a couple of those had been converted into wins we be clear in 2nd. Rayo are clearly the best side (although we are yet to play them, which is another slight problem) but the rest of us in the top 10 can easily aim for and get 2nd with a good run. And that is what I shall be aiming for; well, at least the top 4.

Noteworthy are Baskonia (words fail me) and Palencia (4th last season, predicted 9th, currently adrift in 16th, not too sure how as they have a pretty good squad)

Although 35 goals in 18 matches looks quite good, half of those were scored in 3 matches which makes that statistic a lot less good. Defensively we are much better although not so in the last few games.

On the signing front, Elgezabel has been fantastic, Daniel good after a dodgy start, Guiterrez pretty good and Belencoso a disappointment but he is mainly coming off the bench so can be slightly excused.

We weren't in the Copa del Rey for some reason but are still in the Federation Cup thanks to a penalty shoot out. I sort of wish we weren't still in as we face Rayo in the next round which means facing them 3 times in January and twice in 4 days :eek:.

el sid - is it good? the missus loves sims and has Sims 2 with the packs. She'd like the new one but money is a bit tight at the moment so she's happy to wait...

It is good from early impressions. Ultra speed is terribly slow though :D

Ooooh! Good Luck!

cheers. should get it played tonight. am slightly surprised that i made it but gotta take the opportuinity when you can! If only i'd won the league last season i'd be on the verge of beating iacovone..... ;)

As for the match, Barcelona will be tough. We have just played them at Nou Camp and scrambled a 1-1 draw so anythings possible. we have beaten them before, but they've also battered us too. we'll see later. got a couple of league games to negotiate first without injuries so i'll be holding my breath!!

Wow rlipsombe I'm seriously impressed at your progress! I'm actually hoping you beat me to it ;)

Des don't suppose you have a Portugal save from the reload date do you? I fancy trying to get back into a new save in this thread!

Wow rlipsombe I'm seriously impressed at your progress! I'm actually hoping you beat me to it ;)

Des don't suppose you have a Portugal save from the reload date do you? I fancy trying to get back into a new save in this thread!

cheers iacovone... means a lot!! ;)

cheers. should get it played tonight. am slightly surprised that i made it but gotta take the opportuinity when you can! If only i'd won the league last season i'd be on the verge of beating iacovone..... ;)

As for the match, Barcelona will be tough. We have just played them at Nou Camp and scrambled a 1-1 draw so anythings possible. we have beaten them before, but they've also battered us too. we'll see later. got a couple of league games to negotiate first without injuries so i'll be holding my breath!!

I'm waiting with baited breathe. :thup:

[edit] - Oh and Happy 50 page anniversary everyone!

[edit] - Pastore just bagged a hat-trick. I'm always happy when he does.

[edit] - Just a head's up for you all. Pier Luigi Farinelli has moved clubs again - this is his 8th club already and he's only 25. This could well be his last move though. He joined Inter for £21M. I'm amazed at the price. I'm not sure he's that good. I still don't think he's better than my defenders.

The Champions League Final...

Build-up

So, welcome to Lisbon and the Estadio do Sport e Benfica for the champions league final between 3-times winners and 1st timers Real Oviedo. Barcelona are the obvious favourites for this clash but they'll have to be wary of Los Carbayones......

Team News

Real Oviedo are unchanged from their 3-0 win over Zaragoza. Their line up is: Joaquin, Rabben, Ayechu, Hugo, Galindo, Munoz, Dembele, Aizpurua, Garcia Ardura, Gorrotxategi, Dixon.

Barcelona Line Up: Valdes, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Pique, Radu, Sissoko, Iniesta, Diego SOuza, Messi, Dos Santos, Gomez

Now time for the match.............

I am thinking about cranking a season of Fafe out today. :)

EDIT: GOOOOO BARCA!! Ummm I mean Good luck Rlips go win that game ;)

Do it! I just beat Juventus at their place and am feeling great!

The Match

To be honest, i can't be bothered to write too much as i want to press on, but.....

Half-Time

Even first half. anyones game. very nervous. worst i've ever been. Dixon isn't performing, but i can't take him off. let's hope he picks up.

Full time (forgot pic)

So, we're off for extra-time. No goals but there have been chances galore for both teams. i am SOOOO tense, i can hardly watch. Joaquin has been immense in goal.

Onto Extra time..........

Extra Time

Iniesta scored to give Barcelona the lead. It must be over. At half time, go for it and throw three up top. The result? Dembele equalises and the Los Carbayones fans fly into raptures. Oviedo are back in it!!!!! No more goals are scored, so we're off for penalties.......... :(

GUTTED!!!!!!!! Hugo can't be blamed. he had a hamstring injury but still scored first one.... when Galindo had chance to win it i nearly had a heart attack. but he missed.....

Last season missed out on title on final day. this season the CL final on penalties... can anyone be more unlucky?????

Unlucky rlipscombe:(, at least Reo-coker is keeping up the Englishman missing penalties tradition. Hugo mised one yet scored one, hero or villain? The champions league and La Liga next year:thup:

that's if i've qualified for CL next season........

Well I am currently in a bit of trouble, Maradona & Radakovic out injured with no replacements to go alongside Marcel. :( And am sitting 8th in the league (A shocking start)

I'm in 7th - I'm quite pleased, you've made me feel bad!

I'm in 7th - I'm quite pleased, you've made me feel bad!

Yes but I have been in the top league for 10 years, and am in 2025/26 season, my stars are underperforming in the league, even if they are taking names in the UEFA CUP once more. I need to win the league or at least make the top three, but 6 games 2 wins 2 draws 2 losses is not good enough.

Sachsen Leipzig End of season report :

Predicted finish : 11th

Actual finish : 3rd (Good prediction LLR :thup:) League Table

1 point separating the first 5, you'd think it was touch and go. But tbh, it wasn't :o Hoffenheim, Stuggart and us were always fighting only for 3rd, as Bayern and Leverkusen had a nice 6 point lead going into the last 2 fixtures, only to balls up their final two fixtures, with Leverkusen losing to us in the penultimate game of the season (this match was important as I'd have ended up 5th if I hadn't won).

Top scorer was again Marquinhos with 20 goals. He also had 17 assists, completing a remarkable season which he ended with the highest average rating in the league.

Nicklas Bendtner also chipped with quite a few important ones, raising his goal tally for the season to 16.

Stats for the season

Transfers

Aims for next season :

1.) Get to the group stages of the Champions League

2.) Keep Marquinhos

3.) Keep Stachel

4.) Qualify for the Champions League through league finish

5.) Get past the Second Round in the German Cup :o

i'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

Not sure if you remember my Slavonija file in Gundo's challenge last year? The exact same thing happened to me....lost to Sporting on penalties. Or was it ET? :o

Either way I'm feeling your pain rlipscombe. Try not to lose heart though - just gotta get back in amongst it next year and try to push on :thup:

Unlucky.

FC Mulhouse preseason 2017

New guys (all transfers)

Paolo Marcolini - I've been watching this italian striker for years, and was close to buying him last season but Roma beat me to it. He's been through Lazio -> Basel -> Sampdoria -> Roma before joining FC Mulhouse this season. His season last year in Rome was a failure as he didnt get a single game for them. He scored plenty of goals for Basel and Sampdoria though, and looks quality to me. Already made a big impact and sent us to the Champions League group stages with 3 goals in the 2 qualifying rounds.

Franck Ribéry - A big name and a very versatile player who can play 5 positions for me. With van Persie and Saviola out I wanted someone experienced and this guy has alot of it. He's old, but still very good and will do well for a season.

Mark Dyke - Another guy I've been watching for a few years. He's been through Bohemians -> Hearts -> AZ before joining us. He's really good all around, but his pace is what struck me. He's likely a backup his first season, but once he learns the language he might well take over at centreback or midfield. He's also got a professional personality, which is something I always look for.

That's all the players we got this window. Must be a new record low, but in the end so many players signed new contracts I didnt feel we needed more. Milans crazy bid for Hudson was rejected as he's just brilliant and doesnt wanna leave. I will not sell players who wants new contracts when they are that good.

First eleven

[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pMarco.jpg"]Marcolini[/url]	

[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pYoshi.jpg"]Yoshimi[/url]		[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pCoutinho.jpg"]Coutinho[/url]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pWerff.jpg"]van der Werff[/url]

[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pKacem.jpg"]Kacem[/url]		[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pScogna.jpg"]Scognamiglio[/url]

[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pGuindo.jpg"]Guindo[/url]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pHudson.jpg"]Hudson[/url]		[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pPaiva.jpg"]Paiva[/url]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pWinter.jpg"]Winter[/url]

[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/France/s9pDelle.jpg"]Delle[/url]

I am very pleased to have kept all these players. The only new one is Marcolini up front. I'm especially excited about Paiva and Hudson signing new contracts. In fact all but 3 have contracts for 4-5 years. Kacem and Scognamiglio are considering new offers and Coutinho is the only one that considers leaving the club. He's got 2 years left and might have to be replaced next summer if he dont come around.

Europe (fixtures so far)

We got a fairly easy first leg in the qualification. Braga of Portugal was hammered 5-0 at home, and even though we did our best to make fools of ourselves away we managed a 4-4 draw in the end. We lost a 4-0 lead though, and this time I did not say "please" :p

2nd round was tougher against italian club Udinese. We barely managed a win at home as Marcolini scored the winner 3 minutes into overtime. Paiva scored an own goal giving the italians an important away goal. I was really dissapointed as we where controlling the game and should have won with more. The away match was extremely tight and Udinese missed a penalty halway into the first half. When they scored the 1-0 goal after 64' I thought we'd be in UEFA cup once more, losing on away goals. But some brasilian magic by Coutinho after 76' got us the important away goal. Udinese pushed hard but could not get the second and we're through to the Champions League for the first time.

We actually got 2nd seeded in the group stage so we might have a decent chance of making it. A.C. Milan, Celtic and AZ Alkmaar are coming to Mulhouse, and looking past Milan we've beaten stronger teams than those last two before.

Lyon

- Lyon spent £19.25M this window getting two of the brightest regen prospects and another bunch of 28+ year olds into the club. They have started the season with 3 wins in the league scoring 15 goals already.

- We once again lost to Lyon in the Champions Trophy. 1-0 in what was a tight game untill Scognamiglio got sent off.

Other notes

I also think this result against Manchester United in a friendly is worth mentioning. They owed us a friendly from the Rochina deal, so I figured why not. 16,914 people saw us hammer 7 goals passed them. Sure we let in 5, but that's the kind of result I want. I want goals goals goals. They didnt field a poor team either. Ronaldo and Rooney both scored. Delle had a good game in our goal and probably saved us from humiliation.

*edit*

PRDH - Good season, was hoping you'd get Europe though. I wanna buy Novello! :D

rlipscombe - Nooo, so close! :( Next year the double! Or treble even! :)

el sid - Awsome! Good luck in the champions league qualifiers.

It's an excellent service FC Mulhouse provide as a retirement home for world-class players! :)

In all seriousness though, Ribery looks good enough for a season in Ligue 1 still, and Marcolini and Dyke look very good players.

As for Hudson - Wow! If he wants to stay and you don't need the money then he should stay forever or until someone offers £40M!

Here is Fleck in my game, after 8 (and some) seasons. He's only had 3 injuries all that time, all minors (just a few days each time). He's scored 80 goals in 161 league games for Rangers, Aston Villa and Werder Bremen and has a 7.42 average rating in those games.

He doesnt look amazing, but in my opinion the AI teams dont train their players very well. They seem to just be very general in their routines and all players seem to just improve overall on all areas. If you where to train him harder in striker or winger skills he'd become brilliant in my opinion. He's got that "curls ball" move aswell, which seem to give alot of goals from the sides.

Here is Fleck in my game, after 8 (and some) seasons. He's only had 3 injuries all that time, all minors (just a few days each time). He's scored 80 goals in 161 league games for Rangers, Aston Villa and Werder Bremen and has a 7.42 average rating in those games.

He doesnt look amazing, but in my opinion the AI teams dont train their players very well. They seem to just be very general in their routines and all players seem to just improve overall on all areas. If you where to train him harder in striker or winger skills he'd become brilliant in my opinion. He's got that "curls ball" move aswell, which seem to give alot of goals from the sides.

He's become much better in my save under AI control (see screenie). Is he a risk worth taking?

Archived