Theres too many goals

i have been playing for fulham in the prem and almost finished first season and something that i´ve noticed that theres way too many goals in the match engine. i dont know the reason, maybe AI is playing with attacking tactics too much. I regulary see 6-0, 6-3 (recently) quite ridicolous as this happens too much and normally theres like a striker that scores 4 or 3 goals.  I know that can happen IRL but surely not every week or every other week in real life prem?

4 hours ago, Svenc said:

I would argue it may depend on the tactic a bit. May be important to stress this considering what is being shared (and inspiring Players), as usual The likelyhood of ever seeing sequences such as this with any such Drops below Zero on any release, either way. :D 

0aKKmre.jpg

yes sure, but i still think the attacking tactics in this game are too op

10 hours ago, cheekyspeedster said:

i have been playing for fulham in the prem and almost finished first season and something that i´ve noticed that theres way too many goals in the match engine. i dont know the reason, maybe AI is playing with attacking tactics too much. I regulary see 6-0, 6-3 (recently) quite ridicolous as this happens too much and normally theres like a striker that scores 4 or 3 goals.  I know that can happen IRL but surely not every week or every other week in real life prem?

is this happening in your games or AI vs AI? 

5 minutes ago, cheekyspeedster said:

yes sure, but i still think the attacking tactics in this game are too op

are you using attacking tactics and score too much?

18 minutes ago, Mitja said:
10 hours ago, cheekyspeedster said:

both 

19 minutes ago, Mitja said:

is this happening in your games or AI vs AI? 

are you using attacking tactics and score too much?

yes i used to play cautious but got nowhere by doing that changed to attacking and score alot and concede alot teams are usually attacking against me 

I think it's definitely down to your 4-2-4 formation. Looking at your tactics - more direct possession means you would have the tendency to lose the ball if you're on the counter and someone hits a bad pass. Given that you've got four forwards and a BBM, it means that if you're trying to counter you've got about 5 players running up the pitch, which might presumably outnumber the opponent. Plus the two strikers, I'm not surprised that you're scoring a lot since you're basically flooding the opposition area with players. So if you do get up there - you've got a pretty high chance of putting the ball in the net.

But it also means that if your counter breaks down, you're quite open at the back especially if your full backs have gone up to support. Also, your tactics have set up to defend narrower which also allows teams that rely on wide players - potentially Spurs and Watford (maybe) - have room on the sides to have the ball. So even if you've set up to cram the penalty area full of players, if your defenders have a bad day you're definitely likely to be shipping goals. If you look at the analysis at the bottom, the game tells you that you've tended to lose possession a lot in your defensive third, as well as lose possession in general, and also letting the opposition into your box a lot. 

I think it's a function of the ME responding to your tactics that give you a lot of attacking firepower with very little defensive cover. Nothing wrong with playing like that, but I'd say if teams set up like that in the real Premier League (they rarely seem to play something like a 4-2-4 like you do) then we might see games like yours happen a lot more. Unfortunately for those of us neutrals, they don't.

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

i think he's doing far too good with those tactics.

haha actually not too bad, 15th place finish avoided relegation had my striker vietto score 17 goals. If you have fast attackers in this tactic than they can break through defenses from through balls and score many goals. Downside to this tactic is that you concede a lot of goals especially if u have bad defenders. 

You're getting high scores because you have a very open/risky tactic. It's not a universal thing if you take users in general and AI matches into account. There was a guy on reddit a few days ago who won the league by scoring less than a goal per game. I've won a league also with around 1.5 team goals per game and conceding less than a goal per game.

Archived