Mourinho/Man United OP recreation

Hi,

I'm still playing FM18. Before FM19 was released I saw alot of threads talking about how OP Mourinho/Man United were and I even saw it in @Rashidi youtube channel. 

My question was, has anyone tried replicating the tactics deployed by Mourinho and if so how did it go? Also, does the AI generate tactics with PI's or does it stick to TI's?

Lots of Man utd fans don't even know what tactic Mourinho trying to play . 

He try to play counter attack with 41221 ? but the team can't defense well and can't even create counter . 

Try to control the game face weaker team ? they have possession at the back but once the ball in final third everyone is standing there . 

Can Mourinho teach the team how to attack ?

I don't think so , even though Real Madrid broke the score record .

In those seasons , most of the goals were happen in counter with quality of the players . 

I tried my best in previous editions of FM but in this year, it is tough to pinpoint how they play. I know that

- Wingers track back a lot and tend to act like Wingbacks on top of the wingbacks out of possession (Wide Defensive Width)

- The team relies a lot on individual brilliance. Maybe too often. (Pogba as RPM with Move Into Channels and Dribble More should be one)

- Cover/Stopper pairing is still a main trait in Mourinho's team (Lindelof and Smalling)

- Both FBs bomb forward often in attack with the DM sitting back (CWB x2 + HB)

For the mentality I begin with Standard and work my way up, IMO

I would imagine the "simplest" way to get a look at in-game Mourinho's tactics is to have top data analysis facilities and good data analysts - then when you come to facing them you'll get a predicted lineup with player roles, based on how he's lined up previously (you'd then have to infer the duties by looking at the slight differences in positioning on the tactics screen). 

You'd probably have to play him over and over to get all his different tweaks though. 

13 hours ago, z464 said:

Lots of Man utd fans don't even know what tactic Mourinho trying to play . 

He try to play counter attack with 41221 ? but the team can't defense well and can't even create counter . 

Try to control the game face weaker team ? they have possession at the back but once the ball in final third everyone is standing there . 

Can Mourinho teach the team how to attack ?

I don't think so , even though Real Madrid broke the score record .

In those seasons , most of the goals were happen in counter with quality of the players . 

11 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

I tried my best in previous editions of FM but in this year, it is tough to pinpoint how they play. I know that

- Wingers track back a lot and tend to act like Wingbacks on top of the wingbacks out of possession (Wide Defensive Width)

- The team relies a lot on individual brilliance. Maybe too often. (Pogba as RPM with Move Into Channels and Dribble More should be one)

- Cover/Stopper pairing is still a main trait in Mourinho's team (Lindelof and Smalling)

- Both FBs bomb forward often in attack with the DM sitting back (CWB x2 + HB)

For the mentality I begin with Standard and work my way up, IMO

I'm talking about in the Game NOT REAL LIFE. This is about replicating the 'OP' tactics

21 hours ago, djpdavey said:

Hi,

I'm still playing FM18. Before FM19 was released I saw alot of threads talking about how OP Mourinho/Man United were and I even saw it in @Rashidi youtube channel. 

My question was, has anyone tried replicating the tactics deployed by Mourinho and if so how did it go? Also, does the AI generate tactics with PI's or does it stick to TI's?

WHY WOULD ANYONE!!?? ;) 

The best way to copy the AI's tactics would be to watch them play, full match over a good few games with varying opponents & to check Jose's tendencies in his profile. If you have access to it, load him up in the Editor & look at his attributes  

A few questions:

• What is Lukaku's role? Is he a DLF, TM or CF?
  • While the LW usually cuts in, leaving space for the LB, does the RW do the same? Are Mata and Lingard AP or Wingers?
  • What are the roles of Pogba (RPM or Mezzala?) and Fred (DLP? CM?)? I am clear that the DM role is a HB.
29 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

The best way to copy the AI's tactics would be to watch them play, full match over a good few games with varying opponents & to check Jose's tendencies in his profile. If you have access to it, load him up in the Editor & look at his attributes  

I've already checked the Editor, he prefers to utilise a 4-1-4-1 formation.

6 hours ago, djpdavey said:

I'm talking about in the Game NOT REAL LIFE. This is about replicating the 'OP' tactics

The problem is ppl don't even know what Mourinho trying  to do in real life , how can you replicate his tactic ?

59 minutes ago, goqs06 said:

A few questions:

• What is Lukaku's role? Is he a DLF, TM or CF?
  • While the LW usually cuts in, leaving space for the LB, does the RW do the same? Are Mata and Lingard AP or Wingers?
  • What are the roles of Pogba (RPM or Mezzala?) and Fred (DLP? CM?)? I am clear that the DM role is a HB.

I've already checked the Editor, he prefers to utilise a 4-1-4-1 formation.

There are FM18 skins that show you the AI's roles used, scout reports show you too but I'm not sure if they're 100% accurate. From memory, I think he uses Lukaku as a TM attack

His profile also has hints on passing, marking & mentality & his editor data will give you further hints  

I don't know if there's any way to see exactly how the AI managers set their team up outside of the basic formation and maybe roles which you can see in the analysis.

I for one would love to copy whatever the hell Klopp is doing with Liverpool in my current save, he's getting numbers and performances out of the front three that I never managed to in FM19. 

Archived