MacBook Pro Performance

Hi all, 

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I am wanting to ask people about playing Football Manager 2019 on a MacBook Pro. 

I'm about to purchase a new MacBook Pro 13-inch (2018) as I am wanting to upgrade from my previous model which is late 2013. I have found with my existing Mac that the graphics haven't always been great, the gameplay in recent game versions has been noisy and just feel the machine isn't great for the game anymore. That said, I do want another MacBook Pro as I just really like them! 

So my question is does anyone play FM on a recently bought MacBook Pro and if so what is the performance like? and what spec should I be thinking about? 

I typically run around 6-8 nations, most leagues and always add graphics to the game. I also like a medium customised database. 

Thanks in advance! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mate, I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch mid-2015 with 2.2 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM & running Mojave & it runs great. My only minor snag is playing it unplugged, it canes the battery - but it is 3 years old. 

Also, I run a similar setup to you too but with less nations. About 120,000 players & staff & all downloaded graphics :thup:

• 2 months later...
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:37, pezzyhawkins said:

Hi all, 

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I am wanting to ask people about playing Football Manager 2019 on a MacBook Pro. 

I'm about to purchase a new MacBook Pro 13-inch (2018) as I am wanting to upgrade from my previous model which is late 2013. I have found with my existing Mac that the graphics haven't always been great, the gameplay in recent game versions has been noisy and just feel the machine isn't great for the game anymore. That said, I do want another MacBook Pro as I just really like them! 

So my question is does anyone play FM on a recently bought MacBook Pro and if so what is the performance like? and what spec should I be thinking about? 

I typically run around 6-8 nations, most leagues and always add graphics to the game. I also like a medium customised database. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hey, did you end up getting a 2018 MacBook Pro? I'm in exactly the same boat and wondering whether or not to upgrade.

Im playing on thr 2018 pro 15 inch with the 560x card. The game ran smooth untill the last update which happened yesterday. Ever since the update the game is unplayable and the match engine stutters really badly. Even tho you have the specs for it. I guess its a software problem from fm. I would wait till they have fixed this if I were you

3 hours ago, Jeff7 said:

Im playing on thr 2018 pro 15 inch with the 560x card. The game ran smooth untill the last update which happened yesterday. Ever since the update the game is unplayable and the match engine stutters really badly. Even tho you have the specs for it. I guess its a software problem from fm. I would wait till they have fixed this if I were you

Bit odd that it happened with an update - you could report on the technical help page

https://community.sigames.com/forum/651-crashes-and-technical-issues/

Not necessarily to do with the FM update - it might be complying with specific standards - check to see if there any updates for mac hardware/firmware etc.

Apple handles all system and driver updates for your system.

To check if any updates are available please do the following:

Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen
Select "Software Update..."
Any updates available will be listed and able to be downloaded or you will be told your software is up to date

Firmware updates
https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202040

https://support.apple.com/downloads/mac-pro-firmware-update

Either way - kick off with Tech help forum posted above before trying any of my suggestions.

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2019 at 21:14, niletaylor said:

This game is pretty poor on my MacBook pro 2014 model. Its sooooo slow processing the game which is so frustrating and it drains the battery and makes it overheat constantly. Also the update has made the game unplayable.

Has this improved in the last couple of months?

Archived