[FM19] [WIP] Australian Football Database

Finally got all NPL1 players and staff added into the database (Over 4000 players added and/or updated).

Now I add finances, reputations, kits, stadiums and lastly competition rules for all leagues down to Level 8 and then the second version of this database will be ready to play :) 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2018 at 21:26, Weiry said:

Apologies for the double post but here are the competitions that will be in the next update:

eRs2Mx8.png

Originally the plan was just to add Level 3 but I'll be adding down to Level 8. This is not the full pyramid, just the leagues that have are able to promote to the NPL1. There'll be plenty more regional/zone leagues added after this update.

This update will also include full playing squads for Level 2 clubs (Around 700 players still to add). Correct stadium and kit details added to all clubs (down to level 8) as well as realistic finances and reputations for all clubs. 

I'm hoping to get this out by the end of the month. It's a big job especially with Xmas around the corner but I'm confident this will be done :) 

Hey man, FYI NewFM don't sponsor the Northern League One anymore.

Well it seems like I overestimated how long it would take to add finances, kits, stadiums(+coordinates) to all the clubs down to Level 9 (have decided to add the rest of the WA Amateur Leagues) as well as add awards for all leagues. But I've finally finished them all. Now all I need to do is sort out the rules in advanced mode (which should be great fun :rolleyes:) and the first version will be ready for release.

If anyone would like a specific level to manage in let me know and I'll throw it up for download when the rules are done for it (So if you want to manage Level 5 you don't have to wait for the full database to be released) I'll probably do this for the NPL as it's the only level that is 100% complete in terms of players etc.

Lastly, I have started the planning stage for the Fantasy pro/rel pyramid, have got a few ideas but if anyone else would like to help out with it then PM me. I want this to be as much as a community project than an individual project. I'll make a thread for this when the editing commences in February. 

I think if you're going fantasy, bringing back the North Queensland Fury would be awesome, they were treated pretty unjustly and deserve the shot.

Also fan favourites such as Canberra, a Tasmania team, South-East Melbourne and maybe another up in Brisbane would be cool.

21 hours ago, Weiry said:

Well it seems like I overestimated how long it would take to add finances, kits, stadiums(+coordinates) to all the clubs down to Level 9 (have decided to add the rest of the WA Amateur Leagues) as well as add awards for all leagues. But I've finally finished them all. Now all I need to do is sort out the rules in advanced mode (which should be great fun :rolleyes:) and the first version will be ready for release.

If anyone would like a specific level to manage in let me know and I'll throw it up for download when the rules are done for it (So if you want to manage Level 5 you don't have to wait for the full database to be released) I'll probably do this for the NPL as it's the only level that is 100% complete in terms of players etc.

Lastly, I have started the planning stage for the Fantasy pro/rel pyramid, have got a few ideas but if anyone else would like to help out with it then PM me. I want this to be as much as a community project than an individual project. I'll make a thread for this when the editing commences in February. 

Would you have a rough timeframe of how long these rules will take? Or is it a more, when it happens, when it happens kind of deal :D

Only reason I ask is I'm holding out waiting for this bad boy, incredibly excited!

16 minutes ago, Saxonaitor said:

Would you have a rough timeframe of how long these rules will take? Or is it a more, when it happens, when it happens kind of deal :D

Only reason I ask is I'm holding out waiting for this bad boy, incredibly excited!

I'm hoping to get it done as soon as possible but as you'd imagine creating rules for over 30 leagues gets quite tedious after awhile. Then I have to test the file to see if everything works properly. I'd like to say in the next week something will be released but who knows what sort of errors (if any) the game will throw up

Are you waiting on a certain league in particular or just the whole pyramid? 

I found the first league update pretty good.

Just a few observations/opinions:

- There seems to be very few ways for npl clubs to have stable finances because there is no money provided by placement in the league

- Elvis Kamsoba is 1 Star CA 3 star PA and is 21 years old in game despite being 31 in real life

- All clubs have practically no youth facilities

Anyway despite a few issues/bugs I've thoroughly enjoyed playing so far :)

18 minutes ago, PoorMansLascelles said:

- There seems to be very few ways for npl clubs to have stable finances because there is no money provided by placement in the league

- Elvis Kamsoba is 1 Star CA 3 star PA and is 21 years old in game despite being 31 in real life

Despite wikipedia saying otherwise, I do believe Kamsoba is actually 21.

https://www.cornerflag.com.au/rising-star-kamsoba-chasing-greatness-with-knights/

34 minutes ago, PoorMansLascelles said:

Thanks for the input, The first file that I released was just the base database from FM, I just made the NPLs playable so the finances and youth facilities will be fixed in this new version. Hopefully with this new version you'll be able to see a huge difference when managing in the NPL. 

As for Kamsoba he is born in 1996 making him 22 (stated by the man himself). Transfermarkt/Wikipedia is not always reliable :D 

2 minutes ago, ClemB said:

Great database. Why not make NPL clubs as youth sides of A-League teams rather than affiliate clubs?

I like giving the user the ability to manage an A-League's youth side and I think this is the only way to do this. (They are still pretty much Youth sides - Max age 20 and can move from senior to youth sides without any dramas)

OK so I have completed all the rules for the database. But as I (unfortunately) predicted I have got an error message. This time it is for the NPL Finals Series (competition I didn't include last time probably for the same issue)

"New Stage 0 for NPL Finals Series can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found, 8 needed"

I have tried both league fate as well as qualification rules methods but still no luck. I have also put in the requirements that the 8 NPL competitions stage 0s must finish before this is setup. Still doesn't work

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this and make it work or know of any other leagues (that are already in the game) that have an end of season finals series for the winners of each state/region/conference that I can look at in the editor and copy over?

The quicker I can get this sorted means the quicker I can test the database in game. If I can get a solution for this the database should be up for download by the end of the week easily (assuming there's no errors after this)

I know the editor requires the qualifying from the comp and the teams/qualified teams in the other to match exactly. Even tiny things can throw it off.

I've spent way too much time with the editor giving me errors for little things.

The version available doesn't look like it has the Finals Series set up and I don't know enough about Australian football to create it myself. Do you have a version with it? I can't promise I'll figure it out, though.

4 minutes ago, Crplz said:

The version available doesn't look like it has the Finals Series set up and I don't know enough about Australian football to create it myself. Do you have a version with it? I can't promise I'll figure it out, though.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8comhpgky9kvnm1/Australia+Football+Pyramid+(Real)+5.fmf

A bit has changed since that last post (I tried doing get last winner of competition but that picks the last season winner not the current season winner) 

I've probably done something obviously wrong but I have no idea where to look. 

Also why you're at it if possible can you look at the PS4 NPL Victoria relegation/promotion playoff. It's also causing problems where the two lower division sides aren't being found. 

Thanks

Edit: You can look here for reference in terms of the Finals Series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_National_Premier_Leagues#Finals_8

Unless they changed something, last winner of competition should grab the last winner regardless of year. That could be an issue with setup date. If you have it setup/draw before the game records the history of the Premier Leagues, it will take it from the season before.

Two biggest issues I see:

Grand Finals of the NPLs are ending AFTER the draw date for the Finals Series.

Also you have the NPL Finals Series as August of Year 0 to August of Year 0. But you have Australia updating in September so the game thinks you're trying to start the comp before the nation is supposed to start. I changed that to August of Year 1 to August of Year 1.

Now to see if it'll grab all 8 teams.

7 minutes ago, Crplz said:

Two biggest issues I see:

Grand Finals of the NPLs are ending AFTER the draw date for the Finals Series.

Also you have the NPL Finals Series as August of Year 0 to August of Year 0. But you have Australia updating in September so the game thinks you're trying to start the comp before the nation is supposed to start. I changed that to August of Year 1 to August of Year 1.

Now to see if it'll grab all 8 teams.

Ok I wasn't sure because the NPL finals series goes on at the same time as each regular finals. Teams that finish 1st in each NPL play in the NPL finals series as well as their competition final series.

42 minutes ago, Crplz said:

Oh, it's not the Grand Finals winners?

EDIT: Oh I see in the Wikipedia article now.

No it's the teams that finish top of each NPL. The finals for each competition have no impact, just a way to end each competition's season. It's a complicated system we have here in Australia :rolleyes:

Are you able to get it to work? 

So I can get it get the teams and verify except if I try to verify the A-League (or all), it gets the error.

It's gotta be something with dates since you have a calendar that crosses years for the A-League. But you have all the second year set to be in the first year of the competitions/nation. But you have a helluva lot of dates to change if that's the case.

45 minutes ago, Crplz said:

So I can get it get the teams and verify except if I try to verify the A-League (or all), it gets the error.

It's gotta be something with dates since you have a calendar that crosses years for the A-League. But you have all the second year set to be in the first year of the competitions/nation. But you have a helluva lot of dates to change if that's the case.

So I should change all the start/end dates to February 1 and August 1 instead of February 0 and August 0? 

35 minutes ago, Crplz said:

My other thought is to try it within the parent competition rather than as a separate competition.

That might be a better option. I'm not sure how to set that up though? (Never gone into this much detail with the editor before..)

This is with the file in post 1, not the Level 9. Only because there was a whole lot less that it needed to check and had just down to the NPL Premier Leagues. I just wanted to make sure it would work using the parent competition and it wasn't just dates. But it lets me verify both levels and I tested it in game to make sure it took the right teams.

If you get rid of the NPL Finals Series comp in your file and recreate the cup stage in the parent competition National Premier Leagues and copy the qualification rules I used (make sure each indiv comp has the qualification and the matching record in the "Teams" in the cup) it might work. (I may have not set up the cup exactly the same in terms of default rules, stadiums, etc because I was focusing on the qualifying.)

If you don't have a chance, I'll try it in the bigger file tomorrow, it's just super late and I'm going to bed soon lol

NPL Test.fmf

4 hours ago, Crplz said:

This is with the file in post 1, not the Level 9. Only because there was a whole lot less that it needed to check and had just down to the NPL Premier Leagues. I just wanted to make sure it would work using the parent competition and it wasn't just dates. But it lets me verify both levels and I tested it in game to make sure it took the right teams.

If you get rid of the NPL Finals Series comp in your file and recreate the cup stage in the parent competition National Premier Leagues and copy the qualification rules I used (make sure each indiv comp has the qualification and the matching record in the "Teams" in the cup) it might work. (I may have not set up the cup exactly the same in terms of default rules, stadiums, etc because I was focusing on the qualifying.)

If you don't have a chance, I'll try it in the bigger file tomorrow, it's just super late and I'm going to bed soon lol

NPL Test.fmf

I copied the rules over to the Level 9 file and it verified :) I haven't tested in game though.

But now I get a message saying that the NPL Victoria doesn't finish in time for update day (happens in second season). I'm guessing this is because the relegation/promotion playoff is setup wrong. 

Here is the file if you can have a look - https://www.mediafire.com/file/pyaqjgczy79q4uo/Australia_Football_Pyramid_(Real)_6.fmf/file Thanks

2 hours ago, Weiry said:

I copied the rules over to the Level 9 file and it verified :) I haven't tested in game though.

But now I get a message saying that the NPL Victoria doesn't finish in time for update day (happens in second season). I'm guessing this is because the relegation/promotion playoff is setup wrong. 

Here is the file if you can have a look - https://www.mediafire.com/file/pyaqjgczy79q4uo/Australia_Football_Pyramid_(Real)_6.fmf/file Thanks

I think you will find it is because you copied the rules . I found the editor didn't like it and I had this message thrown up at me too . Seems to work if you copy stages etc but not the whole comp

I assumed he meant he copied manually, I always forget the copy function is there. Haha.

Here's a version verified down to Level 3. Getting the "comp doesn't finish by reset date" for New South Wales 3 and I haven't figured out what it is since it looks correct. What are the promotion and relegation rules supposed to be?

Australia Football Pyramid (Real) 6.fmf

It goes until 7/6/2020  on the verification and then gets the error. Weird thing is it seems to match New South Wales 2, which verifies fine. And NSW3 doesn't have clubs from other leagues joining to cause problems.

Did you copy NSW2 when you made NSW3? Maybe like prot651 said, it doesn't like it. I recreated the Finals Stage, but not the whole comp and it still didn't work.

9 hours ago, Crplz said:

I assumed he meant he copied manually, I always forget the copy function is there. Haha.

Here's a version verified down to Level 3. Getting the "comp doesn't finish by reset date" for New South Wales 3 and I haven't figured out what it is since it looks correct. What are the promotion and relegation rules supposed to be?

Australia Football Pyramid (Real) 6.fmf

10 hours ago, prot651 said:

I think you will find it is because you copied the rules . I found the editor didn't like it and I had this message thrown up at me too . Seems to work if you copy stages etc but not the whole comp

8 hours ago, Crplz said:

It goes until 7/6/2020  on the verification and then gets the error. Weird thing is it seems to match New South Wales 2, which verifies fine. And NSW3 doesn't have clubs from other leagues joining to cause problems.

Did you copy NSW2 when you made NSW3? Maybe like prot651 said, it doesn't like it. I recreated the Finals Stage, but not the whole comp and it still didn't work.

No I copied the rules manually. The NSW3 shouldn't be having any issues as it just promotes 1 up and relegates 1 down. So that is very strange.

Edit: Just checked and the league stage end date was set to 2nd Aug 2001. I changed it to 2000 and now all leagues down to Level 9 verify successfully :D. I just need to test it in game now and fix up some player ratings and it'll be ready for official release. 

lolol I even remember checking the league stage end date as that seemed to be the only possibility and seeing 2nd Aug, but apparently didn't notice it was *2001* (or I'm use to cross calendar leagues, that's my story)

Awesome! It's an impressive amount of work and glad the Finals Series is working in it.

On 02/01/2019 at 14:11, Crplz said:

lolol I even remember checking the league stage end date as that seemed to be the only possibility and seeing 2nd Aug, but apparently didn't notice it was *2001* (or I'm use to cross calendar leagues, that's my story)

Awesome! It's an impressive amount of work and glad the Finals Series is working in it.

Thanks for your help mate you're a lifesaver! :applause:If you want to lend a hand with the correct FFA Cup structure in a future version that would be nice. I have no idea where to even start with that beast, up to you of course

17 hours ago, SweetDee69 said:

Very excited for this! Should be the benchmark for Australia in future football managers.

Thanks mate, there'll also be plenty more levels and leagues etc to come after this version :) 

13 minutes ago, Saxonaitor said:

Have I mentioned I'm really excited for this to release yet? :D:D

Tested until 2025 all seems to be working and stable. Give me a week and a few days to get all these player ratings sorted and it'll be ready :) 

4 minutes ago, Saxonaitor said:

Would it be possible for me to have a poke around at the file without the player ratings?

Sure, would be good to have some more eyes on it, I'll message you tonight, if anyone else wants it without the ratings let me know.

Okay one thing im noticing is finances need to be re done.

Managing Knox City - making a 150k loss each week.

Wages are the main problem here - staff usually volunteers except first team manager and best players would be on $100-250 AUD per game rather than $1k.

Sponsorships for clubs such as this are usually around 10-25k per year (based off cricket clubs at similar local level).

Then ramp it up from there as the levels go higher - wouldnt have an issue with you just blanket adding from tier 5 and below this wage / sponsorship structure then scale it up at tier 4 3 2 1 etc.

45 minutes ago, Samaroy said:

Okay one thing im noticing is finances need to be re done.

Managing Knox City - making a 150k loss each week.

Wages are the main problem here - staff usually volunteers except first team manager and best players would be on $100-250 AUD per game rather than $1k.

Sponsorships for clubs such as this are usually around 10-25k per year (based off cricket clubs at similar local level).

Then ramp it up from there as the levels go higher - wouldnt have an issue with you just blanket adding from tier 5 and below this wage / sponsorship structure then scale it up at tier 4 3 2 1 etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I knew finances would probably be an issue so I added an actual balance to each team. But seeing this hasn't worked I'll look at adding sponsors to each team as well. 

Not sure how I'll sort out the wages as 1k is extremely high. 

3 minutes ago, SweetDee69 said:

Finances are a problem in general in aus football.

Ive noticed while messing around with leagues that its very, very hard for Aus clubs to turn a profit without TV money being OTT and silly.

There seems to be an issue with player wages where all the players are on at least $700p/w. Obviously that isn't realistic at all. So I'm not sure how/if it's possible to lower this in the editor. I could always set a wage manually for each player but that's far from ideal. 

Archived