FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

Cheers dude its great to have alot of Spainiards in the team. Been looking at Carzola and Navas for a few seasons but Joaquin just keeps playing brilliantly. Asenjo is a good keeper but Renan is performing better at the moment but I want to get another Spainish GK in so I can sell Renan as Asenjo will become a better player. I also tried Arteta but he moved to Man City first and at the moment isnt interested in a move.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randommagician -

Due to my limited options at front I've stuck with the tactic of one up top but I've notched my defensive line and attacking slider both up 3 which seems to have done the trick for the time being. I smashed Xerez away 4-0\Racing at Home 2-0\Zaragoza away 2-0 I'm third in the league 1 point behind Madrid and Barca. So fingers crossed this might have done the trick.

Thiago Carleto is a legend. I've only played two league games. He has played AML for both of them because Vicente/Silva were injured. First game, scored one and three assists yet still wasn't MoM as Fernandes played even better. Second game, scores the winner in a 1 - 0 and is MoM. Now I have Vicente back but i'm not sure if he can get in the team

Here is another Valencia manager! I have been thinking about what team to manage: Sevilla or Valencia. I've been editing some data so I have no money at the start of the season. I have to sell some players to generate some money. I just adds to the challenge.

just started valenica save for very first time bought in marquinhos santon bale abd tevez sold a lot of players to many to menion but got a bare sqaud now currently in final of cup.....q/f of euro but 4th in league 5 points behind villareal who are top then real mad barca then me so going okay at the moment seem to struggle against the lower teams.

Im looking to replace Miguel and Del Horno at the end of season one. Can anyone recommend young alternatives to replace them. Also, they have to be spanish. Im don't know what my budget is going to be so don't worry about price.

Cesar Azpillicela is an awesome Right Back from Osasuna and i picked him up for 6M euros.

Ivan Marcano from Racing is a very good defender from Racing and you can get him for around 8M euros, He can also play CB.

Miguel Torres used to be cheap on the old patch you could usually get him for 2.5M euros. Not sure about the new patch.

Am currently playing as Barca but have decided to have a game as Valencia my formation is going to be GK_DR_DL_DC_DC_MC_MC_AMR_AML_ST_ST who would you say needs selling

I would suggest selling

Hugo Viana

Edu

Miguel Angulo

Fernando Morientes

Ruben Baraja

You can get quite a bit of money for the following (if you can find replacements then sell these)

Miguel

Morretti

Del Horno

Manuel Fernandes

Vicente is my first choice AML. I prefer to use both Silva and Mata in the middle. Vicente has done pretty well for me average rating of 7.13. He is wanted and if a decent offer comes in for then I will sell. Also he has been one of my favourite Valencia players over the years so has stayed!

Thanks for the reccommendations on the defenders

12 hour shifts are not that much fun. Once you get time I think a Valencia game will get you hooked, I am guessing you are a Liverpool fan I signed Torres for £62 million to team with Villa and what a team they are.

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Just started as Los Che and doing alright. Won the Super Cup with a 2-0 home win and a 0-0 away draw. Has anyone else noticed the staff is crap!!!!!!!!. No bloody Fitness coaches for christ's sake no wonder my squad was riddled with injury (I suppose my "Liverpool" based training regime doesn't suit the Spanish either). Had to get rid of Renan as I picked up Thiago Silva and Ever Guzman (so along with Zigic thats my 3 FGN players). I picked up Santi (who was cleaning pools somewhere) and he notched both my goals in the Super Cup so happy with that. got wins against Sporting and Villareal in my first 2 games so here's hoping.

Yes am a Liverpool fan what season did you get Torres in? him and Villa must be awesome together anyway am off to work shortly:( cant wait to get stuck in to this game

I got Torres at the end of the 1st season he cost £42 million upfront and £20 million over 24 months but if anyone is worth that much then its him.

Just agreed a deal for Marcano. Its the 6th of January yet it says the transfer won't go through until 1st July. I haven't specified for the deal go through then and I really need him now. Any idea why this has happened?

I am not sure but everytime I have bought a new player from another team in Spain the transfer hasnt gone through until the end of the season, maybe its some kind of rule in Spain.

I am not sure but everytime I have bought a new player from another team in Spain the transfer hasnt gone through until the end of the season, maybe its some kind of rule in Spain.

I'm not too sure how it works because

I've just sold Zigic to Zaragoza for 6M but he wont go to the end of the season.

I've sold Hernandez to Betis and for 6.5m and signed for them straight away.

I purchased Javi Martinez for 10M (Athletic B) but he wont join until the end of the season

But I've purchased Aquino but he signed straight away (4.6m) (Murcia)

I'm really confused by how the transfer system works in Spain?

Just went on a 28 unbeaten streak in all comps until my Boogie team Villarreal beat me 1-0 away. I always dominate against em but end up loosing.

Half way through the season I'm 3rd in the league 6 points off the top of the league (Real Madrid) but only 3 points above 5th and 6th. My aim is to consolidate on a CL spot but it should be easily achieveable.

I breezed through my CL group Winning 5 and Drawing one. My group was Werder Bremen, Rangers and Levski. I aim to get to at least the QF and have Hamburg in the last 16.

And I'm in the Semi of the Spanish Cup and am waiting to play Valladolid in the second leg at home having beaten them 2 - 0 away from home.

I'm pleased with the way the seasons panning out. I seem to be on par with Barca\Real\Sevilla\Villarreal and A.Madrid this season away from home as last season I struggled against all of them.

Has anyone noticied that you get terrible attendances compared to the size of the new stadium? Ive got an AVG attendance of 55,000.

Pretty happy with my first season. Ended up 3rd, 2 points behind Barca but miles behind Real who ran away with the league. These were my transfers:

Transfers

I also have Marcano coming in for £10.5M and Adrian Lopez for 650k as a backup. He was transfer listed and at that price couldn't really say no.

I won the Spanish cup and the Uefa Cup. I found winning the Uefa cup relatively easy with the hardest team I faced was probably Man City

Uefa Cup Final

My best eleven was:

GK - Renan

DR - Miguel

DL - Del Horno

DC - Albiol

DC - Marchena

DM - Camacho

MC - Fernandes

MC - Silva

AMR - Joaquin

AML - Vicente

FC - Villa

Goalkeeper / Defence were solid. CBs are perhaps a bit slow and Marchena does make quite a few mistakes but scored quite a few vital goals for me from corners.

Villa won top goalscorer with 28 and Joaquin had the most assists in the league with 17. Camacho had the highest pass completition with 83%. Silva was generally quality as well.

I was also really surprised with Fernandes who played really well as a CM and allowed Silva a free roam to scare defenses and link well with the wingers and Villa

Mata was brilliant at filling in when anyone was injured and did a good job up front whenever Villa couldn't play. Morientes was pretty useless yet did manage a hattrick coming on as a late sub.

I don't have my budget for next year but will be targeting:

Asenjo

Azpilicueta

J. Martinez

Cuellar is also transfer listed for £12M as Villa got relegated and I am tempted to buy him and maybe sell Marchena.

Also might look at Raul Garcia, Jesus Navas, Diego Capel, Cani or Arteta.

Also will probably sell all the players who were originally out on loan except Sunny/Lilo. I'm also not sure about Banega, one he scored against me for A. Madrid and also i'm trying for an all spanish side and Camacho is just better.

Thinking of taking a season long break from my International save soonish. strongly tempted by Valencia. is it an enjoyable save?

I'd say it is yes, Valencia have some excellent players (Villa, Silva, Mata, Renan, Albiol) but overall a fairly weak squad, so it is a challenge to finish above Barca and Real in the league. However, your transfer budgets are reasonable, esp after you get into the CL and the new stadium, so it is achievable within 3/4 seasons. I like that Valencia are in the UEFA Cup in the first season too.

Mr Oizo

Good season mate, good luck with breaking the Barca/ Real dominance in the league next year.

It seems to be yes. Lyon is the max though. :D

I thought Lyon would be entertaining at first because of the heavy French core and the insane amount of good French players in the game, but after steamrolling the league year after year and having St. Etienne as your main rivals made it pretty boring in the long run. It was fun, however, having the French NT starting XI the same as your team starting XI.

I thought Lyon would be entertaining at first because of the heavy French core and the insane amount of good French players in the game, but after steamrolling the league year after year and having St. Etienne as your main rivals made it pretty boring in the long run. It was fun, however, having the French NT starting XI the same as your team starting XI.

Slightly OT, but I didn't think Lyon was as easy as in 08 or 07, Marseille and PSG become genuine challengers as the seasons go on. Valencia is more of a challenge to win the league obv, winning CL is about equally difficult IMO though.

Started my Valencia game at last.

Transfers Out:

Angulo - Sunderland - £1.5m

Fernandes - Man City - £10m

Baraja - Aston Villa - £5m

Edu - Bolton - £4m

Albelda - Sunderland - £7.5m

Vicente - Liverpool - £12m

Got rid of players that i didn't feel were going to be happy with the bench role/weren't that good imo

Transfers Ins:

De Gea - £50k

Davide Santon - £1.4m Loan, £5m option

Paloschi - £500k

Veloso - £12.25m

Razvan Ochirosii - £240k

Ramires - £13m

Beckham - £5.5m

Found it incredibly frustrating trying to sign Camacho, who Athletico wouldn't take less than £25m+ for, Ended up with Ramires and Veloso to cover my DM duties, Beckham brought in as i honestly don't think i could find a player of his current footballing abilities for less that what i payed for him, everyone else brought in to pad out the squad/prepare for the future

Lost the Super cup 3:1 on aggregate to Madrid but both games were very even, Robben being the difference maker in both games.

did win my first game in the league though thanks to the fact that Villa is amazing

Edit: also bringing in Fleck for £2m as a fourth striker on deadline day

Just started a new game last night with the mighty (or soon to be with my guidness Che Los?) Valencia!!!

I was playing Liverpool but it all crashed and everything was gone. Pretty excited acutally to start a new game.

So far only 1 month has passed, I am work now, but so far I have got in (pounds btw):

Veloso 10m

Asenjo 8m

I got bids of 10m accpeted for both Sahko and Azkdjfaosfiud (right back 18yo Spanish dude) however no money... Need to sell some players but no one wants them...

Squad is small atm anyways so yeah, Ill get them in Jan if I am lucky.

Anyways wish me luck!!

Any tips?

Regards,

ReeNah

Archived