FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Looking for some advice on what to buy in the close future.

2lt2492.jpg

e6wpl0.jpg

2583udx.jpg

As you can see it's going quite well. I'm playing on the swedish version, so obviously the prices of the players aren't right.

What positions do I need to replace, if you would choose? Should I sell any players?

I agree try to sign Cesar Azpilicueta and I would get another striker aswell.

IMO Azpilicueta doesn't look too good, and my scouts say he will become 4 star? Why sign him? :| My current RB will become 5 star already.

Also, who would you recommend for a third striker? I actually just signed Alex from Fehnerbache, and I'm training him to become a striker. Is that enough?

IMO Azpilicueta doesn't look too good, and my scouts say he will become 4 star? Why sign him? :| My current RB will become 5 star already.

Also, who would you recommend for a third striker? I actually just signed Alex from Fehnerbache, and I'm training him to become a striker. Is that enough?

The reason he gets only four stars is he's PA isn't that high, however he gets all the stats he needs to be an excellent right back. :thup:

PA/CA isn't everything, too many people think it's the most important aspect, a player with a high end PA doesn't necessarily mean world class player. :thup:

Don't judge a player on his PA imo. If he has poor stats in vital areas for his position but has a high PA I'd avoid signing him and looking for players with the stats for their position as they're much more likely to improve in the right areas.

Soulrivers:

I agree that you need a RB and maybe striker, but also someone who can cover for Joaquin on the right. I see you got a bid on Hernandez, I would sell him and then get:

Since you're training Alex to be a ST, an RB who can play on the midfield as well. Someone like Santon, who's young and can play RB/MR/AMR or maybe Srna who can play RB/MR, and could probably be retrained to AMR as well. And if you need another ST, Marqhuinhos is good since he can play all over midfield.

Since you got Mata and Silva you could sell Vicente and maybe Baraja as well. Get a young DMC, Zuculini for example. Bought him in my save and he's been very consistent and good so far.

Cheers.

Just finished my first season. Won the league ahead of Barca, 2nd, and R.Madrid 3rd. Knocked out in the q-final of the cup and lost against Spartak Moscow in the Uefa cup. My goal was however only to win the leauge this year and now focus on the CL. The board is delighted with me and has given me 50mil (euro) for transfers and 1.2 wage bill.

Don't have a screen shot of my team right now but I'll try to get 1-2 good CM (playing a 4-3-3 á la Barca) and a good AML - Mata went to Barca this summer for 26mil. Maybe a LB as well.

I'll try to post a screen shot of my team and potential transfers soon.

Chao

EDIT: Made an offer on Gerrard just for fun. Offered them 50 mil, negotiated to 60. Hm maybe I'll go for it... :)

just sold tevez for £20 million my team is

akinfeev

santon albiol richards bale

marquihos silva veloso palmer(english regen)

villa aguero

Still in 2013?

What did you pay to get Tevez in the first place and which season? Where you a sucessful club when he joined?

I actually have him in my Man City team, using TylerBode V6 and he's been utterly rubbish for me as well :( Perhaps he's not cut out for the EPL?

could be it! he was doin well for a while then just went rubbish and has been ever since! considering a 25 mil bid from real seeing as hes 29 and i could get etoo for 19 mil. or somebody younger! glad im not the only one anyway :D

hey everybody planning to start a new game with my favourite spanish team. having read through this thread i have got all the general advice down and am now planning to enusre i bring in miguel veloso. not to sure if i will get rid of my right back or left backs as of yet kinda 50/50 with that. only thing bothering me is wheter i should look to sell fernandes as some people have kept him saying he performs well and some people have sold him claiming hes utterly useless. one question i do have is should i fix the state of my staff or should i be okay to ride it out till next season and then proceed to bringing in quality backroom staff?

hey everybody planning to start a new game with my favourite spanish team. having read through this thread i have got all the general advice down and am now planning to enusre i bring in miguel veloso. not to sure if i will get rid of my right back or left backs as of yet kinda 50/50 with that. only thing bothering me is wheter i should look to sell fernandes as some people have kept him saying he performs well and some people have sold him claiming hes utterly useless. one question i do have is should i fix the state of my staff or should i be okay to ride it out till next season and then proceed to bringing in quality backroom staff?

wel it depends on the way you want to build your team, i would suggest keeping him for a year, seeing how fernandes does then sell him, he's value is bound to rise.

as for the staff, id suggest just riding it out for a season then bringing in the regen staff or others etc. offer all the staff new contracts that end in 2010, so after one season they'll leave and you wont have to release them.

okay thanks for the advice hopefully the poor staff wont cause a problem as i used to never bother with them when i first started playing fm and i used to do very well lol.

i'll keep everyone posted on my current success

also how do i take an ingame screenshot? (apart from using printscreen)

I would also keep Fernandes if I where you. Even tough my coaches don't rate him that high he's been solid for me my first season. Scored alot, even quite few headers even tough his heading stats are'nt so good. He's been a consistent performer for me, so give him a try.

I need a little help here. Just started my second season, won the leauge first season and have had a lot of money to spend, sold some players as well. Biggest signing this season is Agüero (also got João Moutinho, Burdisso, Aqunio and Jérémy Mathieu), for about 45 mil euro. But the tactic I've been using is a 4-3-3 á la Barca, with ST, AML, AMR, MC, MC, DMC + defence. So what shall I do with Agüero? I guess I have to change my formation, even tough it's been working very well, and etiher play with 2 ST or an AMC, like a 4-5-1. What do you think, was I stupid to buy a great player I can't fit into my already working system/tactic? Also if I do use him as an AMC, should I use 2 MC or 2 DMC behind him?

My (pre Agüero) squad:

GK: Asenjo/César

DR: Miguel/Santon

DC: Albiol/Burdisso

DC: Sakho/Marchena

DL: Moretti/Mathieu

DMC: Zuculini/Ambrosini/Albelda/Sunny

MC: Veloso/Banega

MC: Moutinho/Fernandes

AMR: Joaquin/Marquinhos

AML: Silva/Vicente/Aquino

ST: Villa/Marquinhos/Aquino

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks.

I need a little help here. Just started my second season, won the leauge first season and have had a lot of money to spend, sold some players as well. Biggest signing this season is Agüero (also got João Moutinho, Burdisso, Aqunio and Jérémy Mathieu), for about 45 mil euro. But the tactic I've been using is a 4-3-3 á la Barca, with ST, AML, AMR, MC, MC, DMC + defence. So what shall I do with Agüero? I guess I have to change my formation, even tough it's been working very well, and etiher play with 2 ST or an AMC, like a 4-5-1. What do you think, was I stupid to buy a great player I can't fit into my already working system/tactic? Also if I do use him as an AMC, should I use 2 MC or 2 DMC behind him?

My (pre Agüero) squad:

GK: Asenjo/César

DR: Miguel/Santon

DC: Albiol/Burdisso

DC: Sakho/Marchena

DL: Moretti/Mathieu

DMC: Zuculini/Ambrosini/Albelda/Sunny

MC: Veloso/Banega

MC: Moutinho/Fernandes

AMR: Joaquin/Marquinhos

AML: Silva/Vicente/Aquino

ST: Villa/Marquinhos/Aquino

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Retrain him as AMR or AML, he plays fantastically in both postions. Can also lay off some pressure on Villa as striker. Although your team is pretty stacked already, not sure if you need him.

Retrain him as AMR or AML, he plays fantastically in both postions. Can also lay off some pressure on Villa as striker. Although your team is pretty stacked already, not sure if you need him.
you could try re-training him to an amr then use him there, ive heard people do this before and its wuite effective, especially if you can get him to cut inside.

Thanks I'll try that. He's already competent as AMR so he'll probably do fine.

i'm playing valencia right now. i need a back-up right winger for joaquin, a back-up striker for either villa or mata, as morientes is rubbish and a right full back as i don't really like miguel. so, any recommendations? :confused:

After the sad (and inexplicable) loss of my long-term Luton save, and my growing frustration at not being able to overhaul Inter in my Vicenza save, I’ve decided to take up the challenge of bringing success back to the Mestalla. They are my Spanish team, after all. I’ve finally got enough time to start posting here too, so I thought I’d better, seeing as I’ve been reading these forums for years.

I didn’t want to tinker with the squad too much for the first season. I wanted to give players like Marchena, Albelda, Joaquin, Moretti, Vincente, and Morientes a chance to prove their worth, and with the starting budget, it seemed sensible to keep the majority of the squad together. I did let some of the high earners go though (no luck shifting Torres!), most of them for less than their worth, as the targets I had in mind were interesting other clubs, so I felt I had to move fast.

Outs:

Baraja - £2m

Viana - £1.5m

Del Horno - £2m

Angulo - £2m

Edu - £2.3m (with a little extra over 18 months)

Ins:

Santon – Loan fee - £1.5m (agreed price of £3.5m)

Mathieu - £5.5m

Medel - £3m

Witsel - £5.25m

Marquinos - £10.75m

Perez - £450k

I concentrated on bringing in players who had done well for me on various other saves, wouldn’t want massive wages, and could cover a number of positions. Perez in particular had developed into one of the best strikers in the world when I was managing Luton, so hopes were high that he’d eventually provide cover for Villa, though maybe not for a couple of years.

I also ditched a couple of the staff who were taking up huge chunks of the wage bill, but didn’t seem to merit the money they were getting. New, cheaper, blood was brought in.

I went for an attacking 4-5-1, mainly because I wanted to get both Mata and Silva on the pitch together as much as possible. 4-4-2 was tempting, but I didn’t feel I had the strength in depth to cover an injury to Villa. The strongest line up was:

Gk – Renan/Cesar

DR – Miguel/Santon

DL – Mathieu/Moretti

DC – Albiol/Alexis

DC – Marchena/Maduro

MC – Albelda/Medel

MC – Fernandes

AMR – Joaquin/Hernandez

AML – Mata/Vicente

AMC – Silva/Witsel

FC – Villa/Marquinos

I know it seems a little light in the middle, but with Marchena, Maduro, and Witsel all able to play there, I thought I had enough cover. No money left anyway.

Preseason went well, with no major injuries, and plenty of goals. I didn’t expect much against Real in the Super Cup, but we won the first leg 3-0. We were battered in the return, but managed to get away with only a one goal to nil defeat, and lifted a first piece of silverware. Real also gave us a 1-0 lesson on the opening day, but we followed it with 11 wins in a row, including three in Europe and one in the cup. That was the way of the season really: A string of good results, but broken up by games where we had the upper hand, only to lose or draw. We managed to keep pace with Barca and Real until March, when one win in four saw us drop away, leaving the big two to fight it out. We were always safe in third though, which was just as well, considering we lost our last three league games, and only won two from the last eight.

We reached the QF in the cups, but were outplayed in both, against Villarreal in the Copa Del Rey, and Juve in Europe. The European run was only really notable for the 1st knockout round against Dinamo Kiev. We were completely savaged 4-1 in the Ukraine, despite taking an early lead. Back at the Mestalla though, we turned it around, winning 4-0. It could have been 10, too. That's probably the first time on this version of FM that I've had a turnaround like that.

Top performers were (shock!) Villa, Silva, Albiol, and Mata, in that order. Villa grabbed himself 32 goals and 12 assists, while Silva scored 13, but made 20. Albiol was a rock, and chipped in with the occasional goal too. Mata played well, but lots of little injuries held him back a little. Joaquin was good enough to earn another chance next season, as were Fernandes, Renan, Alexis, and Albelda. Marquinos was solid when played out wide, but as cover for Villa he was class, scoring almost every time he played up front.

Overall, I was happy with third, but we were still miles behind the top two. Lots to build on though, especially as some of the players I thought I might have to replace in the second season performed well enough for me to think that I could save some money in the transfer market. With the new stadium, and the Champions League money, I felt that I could get a lot closer second time around.

That's a terrific first post! Best of luck to you mate :) Seems like season 2 or 3 the money start rolling in big time for most people, so I'm sure you'll be able to oust Barca and Real Madrid eventually if you make world-class clever signings...

Keep the updates coming :thup:

Cheers.

I've noticed the finances picking up quite a bit this season, so, fingers crossed, I should be able to compete for the top class players in a couple of seasons. I'm desperate to go out and get someone like Aguero, Torres, or Fabregas.

Almost finished season two, so the updates might be coming thick and fast.

Has anyone had Adu before? Joaquin's been poor for me this year, Adu's attributes and stats look good, and he's wanting away from Benfica.

Yes, it seems like there's a small "flaw" in FM09 where teams that gets new stadia actually gets a vastly improved financial situation. Particularly noticable for Valencia and Juventus (moves stadium in 2012/2013). In reality, perhaps due to the credit crunch etc (?), it usually puts the club in serious financial troubles...

Makes for a fun game even still ;)

How much you got?
currently nothing left, since i bought lucho gonzalez in from porto. but i'll be clearing my squad and try to bring in fazio since sevilla is interested in marchena. as for striker, i've placed milevskyi on my shortlist, looking to bring him in the moment i have enough funds for him. still failing to find someone to take my right-back spot.

Right, second season.

I was optimistic about my chances, but the summer was a drag. Barca and Arsenal couldn’t leave Mata alone, and while he stopped short of requesting a transfer, he wasn’t best pleased when I kept rejecting their advances. Real hounded Albiol and Silva, while Roma did the same with Alexis. Worse still, most of my potential targets were snapped up early on, before I had the cash to make bids for them (I’d spent the little I had left on securing Santon after his loan). Diego moved on to Inter, Kerrison to City, Hulk to Udinese, Moutinho to Juve, Lucho to Barca, and Higuain to Saint-Germain. Others signed new deals, often pushing their release clauses out of reach. Even worse than that, there wasn’t a great deal of interest in the players I wanted to offload.

Things got better just before the transfer window opened though, as I managed to ditch three players on frees, releasing a bit of cash through my wage budget, and eventually, the offers came in. In total, I made just under £40m from player sales. After fiddling around with the budgets, it was enough to build up the strength of the squad quite a bit.

Outs:

Moretti - £3m

Hernandez - £4m

Maduro - £3m

Gonzalez - £2.5m

Navarro - £2.9m

Miguel - £4m

Butelle - £3.4

Zigic - £5.5

Lillo - £1.5

Benega - £6m

Bellvis - £350k

Miku - £2m

Cesar, Morientes, and Torres all left on frees.

Ins:

Santon - £3.5m

Pedro Leon - £5.5m

Azpilicueta - £9m

Camacho - £8.75m

Veloso - £26m

Saviola - £875k

I had to really force myself to pay that much for Veloso, but with other midfield options already having gone, I didn’t want to miss out on getting a top class player in the centre of the park. Miguel had been poor last term, and Azpil had had a good season for Osasuna, so he’d come in to do a job until Santon was ready to take over. Pedro Leon looks like decent cover for Joaquin, and Saviola was a cheap option to come in if injuries took out Villa and Marquinos. I toyed with keeping Banega as cover for Albelda, but when the offers for him started to get up around £6m, I decided that for a couple of million more, Camacho was the better long term option.

I promoted Thiago Carleto to the 1st team, after he did okay towards the back end of last season, and also decided that instead of bringing in some young players from elsewhere, I’d use a couple of the more promising youth players as cover, should there be an injury crisis. Both of the two look solid, rather than spectacular, for their age, and hopefully won’t have to see too much action. It left the squad looking like this:

GK – Renan/Guaita/Ramos (yth player)

DR – Azpilicueta/Santon

DL – Mathieu/Carleto

DC – Albiol/Alexis

DC – Marchena/Prieto (yth player)

MC – Albelda/Camacho/Medel

MC – Veloso/Fernandes

AMR – Joaquin/Leon

AML – Mata/Vicente

AMC – Silva/Witsel

FC – Villa/Marquinos/Saviola

No real changes to the formation or tactics, but I tweaked the player instructions a little for away games because I felt we were starting to struggle a little towards the back end of last season. I also built up an ultra attacking version of the tactic, as I was only getting narrow home wins against smaller clubs who came to defend.

On the January transfer front, Arsenal came in big for Witsel, eventually offering £17.5m. I negotiated to keep him for the rest of the season, and they accepted. Up to then, he’d hardly played, and in 18 months his attributes hadn’t shown the type of improvement I’d have hoped for. Vicente wanted a new challenge, and with plenty of cover on the left, I felt it was safe to let him go. Sadly, the only offer that came in was a loan for the rest of the season. Still, having his big wage off the budget was nice, and there’s an acceptable future fee clause. Sunny also left, after not playing a single game in the first half of the season. The only signing was a regen DLC called Intxausti, who my scouts had unearthed playing non-league for Alzira, but rated as having five star potential. The coaches rated him even better once he’d turned up (potential to be better than Albiol!), and his attributes look decent enough for him to come through as a defensive full-back. Poor jumping probably means he’ll never cut it as a centre-back though.

I couldn’t have hoped for a better start to the second term. 13 games unbeaten in all competitions, and with Barca and Real starting badly in the league, we had a bit of breathing room. After the first defeat, away to Liverpool in the group stage of the Champions League, it was another 12 unbeaten, and the defeat that ended that run was a dead game in a Copa Del Rey second leg. Cup defeats kept happening, but I expected the reserves to struggle a little, as I concentrated on using my first team for Europe and the league. Never the less, at the start of March, we were still in Europe (and had a 2-0 first leg lead against Benfica in the 1st knockout round), still in the cup (and had a 3-2 lead over Barca in the semi), and had a healthy cushion at the top of La Liga, after 28 league games unbeaten.

All downhill from there though. Villa picked up a bad injury that would rule him out until the final few games of the season, and Mata, Silva, Marquinos, Albelda, and Albiol all suffered from little niggles. Barca thumped us 4-0 in the cup, putting us out, we were lucky to get through on away goals in Europe as Benfica outplayed us, and back-to-back draws in the league had given a little hope to Real and Barca. It got worse too. Barca beat us in the league, cutting our lead to almost nothing. We got past Atletico in Europe, but only just, winning again on away goals. It all went to pot in the league though, as we only picked up three points from the next four games. Barca were top, and despite four wins from five at the end of the season, we couldn’t get back to the summit. The only consolation was that Real suffered an even worse blip, and we finished 7 points above them. In Europe, Barca proved too strong for us in the semis. We won the first leg 2-1 (luckily, because we were outplayed all over the pitch), but they got an away goal. It was crucial, as they won the second leg 1-0, despite us having Silva and Villa back in the side.

I suppose I should be happy with a second place finish, and two semi-finals, but after doing so well for so long, it’s left me feeling a little deflated. I don’t know what I’m going to do over the summer, as a lot of the more established players tailed off quite badly towards the end of the season, and the likes of Carleto, Medel, and Saviola don’t seem up to filling in for a title winning side.

I’m leaning towards a bit of an overhaul, so any advice would be welcome. I’m already thinking that this is the end for Marchena, Joaquin, and maybe Albelda. Vicente and Witsel will definitely leave, while Saviola, Carleto, Guaita, Medel, and possibly Fernandes could have their necks on the chopping block. I’m undecided on Leon and Alexis too.

currently nothing left, since i bought lucho gonzalez in from porto. but i'll be clearing my squad and try to bring in fazio since sevilla is interested in marchena. as for striker, i've placed milevskyi on my shortlist, looking to bring him in the moment i have enough funds for him. still failing to find someone to take my right-back spot.

Azpilicueta has done a great job for me at right-back, with Santon as a useful backup. I've no idea how much they'd set you back in the first season.

Burdisso is one to keep an eye on too. In a couple of games on 9.3 I've seen him go cheaply in the first transfer window. He'd be superb, if you could get him.

HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET RID OF BARAJA.

he keeps rejecting contracts again and again and again. does anyone have a method to ensure a player goes?

Transfer list him. That's what I do and it tends to work, especially if they're unhappy.

About to start a new game as Valencia, should be a good challenge.

ive done that and put him as not needed. ive already had to lower his price regenerate the interest. heres hoping that he accepts some offer.

EDIT: $@&*#@ he snubbed 5 more contract offers. ive even managed to get him unsettled. is there no way to sell him???

HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET RID OF BARAJA.

he keeps rejecting contracts again and again and again. does anyone have a method to ensure a player goes?

ive done that and put him as not needed. ive already had to lower his price regenerate the interest. heres hoping that he accepts some offer.

EDIT: $@&*#@ he snubbed 5 more contract offers. ive even managed to get him unsettled. is there no way to sell him???

I've just started a game with Valencia and I know exactly what you mean. He's snubbed about 4 offers already :(

you might aswell keep him for a season, and rotate if you have injuries, i always find that if you keep him for a season then the next season when you put him of the TL he'll accept.

I agree. I tried to get rid of him first season but couldn't 'cause he rejected any contract offer. However in the second season I got him to accept a loan to buy offer, at least it's better than nothing and at least I'm not paying his wages.

Lost In Spain: My first season was very similar to yours, I also comfortably finished 3rd in the league and had good cup runs (inc. UEFA Cup final). I used the same 4-5-1 formation as you, with Silva and Villa as my stars. My second season was also following the same path, I couln't quite keep up with Real and Barca, which was beginning to frustrate me. I was drawing too many games I should have been winning and relying on Villa and Silva too much, so in January I took the decision to change to a 4-4-2, a formation change being something I would never normally do in FM. However, this change proved successful, I strengthened my strikers with the addition of Laurito and later Aguero, and started playing Balotelli up front, and we were only 3 points off 1st in the end. I stuck with the 4-4-2 and won the league in the 3rd and 4th seasons, before I stopped. I would recommend this change if you can afford to bring in some quality stikers.

hernandez becomes pretty good, unless youve sold him. If your into the second season try lanzafame from palermo, should be able to pick him up for about 5million,
i'm still keeping hernandez but two wingers aint enough, i need 1 more right winger. someone with high stamina and speed as i play a high tempo game

Archived