FM09: Esteban Granero (Getafe CF)

Sorry to start a whole new thread for this, but in my second season with Manchester City I noticed that Real Madrid bought Esteban Granero (Wikipedia page) from Getafe for over £12m :eek:

I've never heard about him myself so I found it a bit strange but his stats looks decent and he's only 21 years old...

I know the AI makes some silly signings in FM09, but he did actually seem pretty good.

I'm at work now, so I can't post a screenshot of him but perhaps someone else could?

I think he's an MC/AMC, AMRC or similar. For sure plays for Getafe CF in Spain...

Has anyone ever had him, if so is he any good? Does he have a really high potential? Suspect he's a -8/-9 in my game and he just happened to be on the top end of it?

Cheers for the screenshot, now this thread isn't gonna get closed hehe :thup:

Yeah, I found it weird... Looking on wikipedia has actually started out as a youngster for Real Madrid. He's also been capped for Spain U19, U20 and U21 in real life.

Very good player irl, only reason he was let go to Getafe was because Real decided to go with De La Red. They signed him for 20m euros or something and Real have a cheap buy back clause.

His potential and ability are well represented on the game and i've been put of signing him, but he could play better than his stats suggest.

Just an update, on my save Real Madrid has played 11 games and he's not played once... Is one of the substitutes however, so perhaps he'll play eventually. Seems to be warming the bench :)

• 6 months later...

Great article on Granero in a recent World Soccer. Apparently Di Stefano refused to watch Madrid play on the opening day of this season because he believed Granero was the most talented youngster he had ever seen and he was livid they had sold him.

Most people expect them to exercise the buy back they have at some point.

Great article on Granero in a recent World Soccer. Apparently Di Stefano refused to watch Madrid play on the opening day of this season because he believed Granero was the most talented youngster he had ever seen and he was livid they had sold him.

Most people expect them to exercise the buy back they have at some point.

They have used the buy back clause, he starts at Real now. I just started a save as Getafe after an epic one on 09 and I was gutted to see he had gone.

Archived