FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

I am just about to start my Valencia Save now (Great post guys will keep checking back here to up date you.)

Think I might struggle to buy half decent players with such a small amount (1m) lol. Never mind its a challenge to break up the top 2 BLona and Rmad.

Just ask for more money and you get around £11 million to spend and there are plenty of players to sell on to raise some cash.

Are Valencia in debt on 9.3.0 update???

IRL they are?

They have a bank balance of around £22 million I think and only pay out 400k a month for the £45 million loan they have.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly finished the 2nd season will get 3rd place in the league Barcelona have been awesome this season and so have Madrid I can beat both of them at home but struggle away. The team tends to lose stupid points here and there and it all tells at the end of the season we have lost less games than both of them but draw too many. I am trying to build up an all Spainish team so this summer got Llorente arriving along with Javi Garcia and hopefully Camacho, Alot of interest in Vela if I can get £30 million for him I will sell him on.

Season going very well, middle of March and still top with 11 games left with Ath Madrid my hardest game.

Just got a last minute equalizer away at Barca(deserved by the way) and then got a 1-0 win in the Bernabau with a stunning performance, frustrated them from start to finish but still had plenty of chances with Villa scoring a tap in. They eventually lost their discipline and Diarra got sent off.

Into cup final against Barca, almost through to 1/4's of UEFA Cup with an away day at Sampdoria and a 3-1 lead. edit-just sneaked through on away goals losing away leg 4-2 with a truly awful defensive performance

Edit- AI at last has had enough of my dominance, after being 2-0 up from away leg against Sevilla in next round I go out on away goals after going 1-0 up in second leg. 2 ridiculous goals from way out and an offside goal from their 5 shots on target after I battered them with Palop saving them on no less than 12 occasions, but of course he doesn't get MOM that goes to Kanoute after his 2 unbelievable (literally) goals. First sign of fishy going's on this season though so I suppose I can't complain.

Brought in De Cegile for 5m over 24 months and a young Brazilian called Giuliano for 1.7m during January whilst selling Curro Torres for 500k

Got Asenjo coming in the summer for just short of 9m with numerous clauses, Ansaldi is going to Ath Madrid for 12.75m as he really isn't doing it for me. Has anyone tried Carleto(young Brazilian left back in U-18's) been very solid for me when needed.

Im starting to think maybe the title is on in my first season but not getting carried away.

Villarreal just offered me Rossi for 12.25m so negotiated to 5m over 24 months with Vicente going other way, they accepted it but he chose A.C Milan over me and about 15 other clubs. Im gutted as Vicente is a squad player for me while Rossi would have been a great signing.

Mata has signed a new contract by the way.:)

Well at the end of season I managed to hang on to win the league by my results against Barca, really thought I had lost it with an away game against Sporting on last day of season who had won their last 6 games at home, but a David Villa hat-trick put paid to my worries as we comfortsbly won 3-0.

League table

Valenciafinaltable.jpg

Overview

Overview.jpg

Squad

Squad.jpg

Hope to get some better defensive options in the summer as very happy with squad offensively.

I'm not usually in to posting one-off results, but I was so pleased with this I will do. In the CL quarter finals I drew Man Utd, first leg at Old Trafford which I lost 2-1 after great goals from Nani and Ronaldo, I was expecting a close, tense game in the 2nd leg at the Mestalla...

Valenciaseason4ManUresult.jpg

Probably my best overall performance and result on 09 yet, we absolutely battered them. Ferdinand ended up with a 4.4/10 :D

Quick Update so far in my Valencia CF save. Oct 08 1st season. The season started badly with a 3-2 loss to Leverkusen but then won the remaining friendlies comfortably. Won the Supercup, beating Real 3-0 at the Mestalla and then lost 2-1 away. So far in the League im undefeated and 1st( on g.d). Villa and Joaquin have been immense but Villa is out for 4/5 Months with a torn calf muscle :(

Summer Transfers:

2wn4iz8.png

Fixture List

2my87e0.png

Current Squad

iygab5.png

Im having problems with Mata, I refused an offer from Real Madrid and now he's fed up and won't sign a new contract, any ideas or shall I just leave it till the end of the season. Im in January by the way.

NEVER refuse always change the amount to say 100 Million so they reject and the player 9 times out of 10 wont be annoyed at you for doing that.:D

Might end up regretting it but I decided to spend all my budget on Torres to team him up with Villa I paid £60 million for him after selling Vela for £30 million I thought what the hell. I am close to getting my full Spainish side only got 4 foreign players in the squad now.

2nd season finished 3rd in the league got to quarter finals of the champions league and lost due to a 95th minute winner in a 4-3 defeat to AC Milan who then got Benfica in the semis I know I could have beat them. I did win the Spainish cup.

Hoping for some success this season after buying Torres and deciding if I should sell Kranjcar as he is not Spainish but was brilliant last season although if I got rid of him then Mata could play more games.

Things not going quite so well this season, lost two already after only 9 games.

Im through to first knockout round of Champions League though beating Liverpool 2-0 at my place, just need to avoid losing by three clear goals to top group.

Barca are tearing it up so far, just beat some romanian team 9-0 in C league and are averaging over 4 goals a game in the league.:thdn:

I am worried I might have overdone the 24 month transfers thats for sure, losing about £4m a month at the moment, here's why.

secondseasontransfers.jpg

EDIT-Alexis is going for 8.25m in January, too slow IMO

I always try to balance it out I owe £21 million of the Torres transfer over the next 24 months, so I owe them 875k a month but I have more than that coming in over the next 14 months per month I get around £1.1 milion from players sold and then over 24 months I am owed425k for one transfer and if I sell Vela I will cover the deal with his money aswell.

I hope your finances work out but you might have overdone it lol.

I always try to balance it out I owe £21 million of the Torres transfer over the next 24 months, so I owe them 875k a month but I have more than that coming in over the next 14 months per month I get around £1.1 milion from players sold and then over 24 months I am owed425k for one transfer and if I sell Vela I will cover the deal with his money aswell.

I hope your finances work out but you might have overdone it lol.

I do still have £35m in the bank and hopefully with the C League money I should just about be ok.

The money seems to come quick I have spent £113 million and sold £58 million this season and still have £25 million bank balance and am making £1.4 million a month. I didnt think it was so easy to make cash with them, I am aiming for Fabregas or Sergio Aguero next season. I want an all Spainish side but would make an exception for Aguero never had him on FM before.

Finished my 4th season with Valencia, my best yet.

Valenciaseason4manageroverview.jpg

Valenciaseason4leaguetable.jpg

Valenciaseason4squadshot.jpg

The league win was a lot more comfortable than it looked, at one point I was top by 8 points but Real came back into it near the end, winning their last 10 games in a row whilst I drew 3 of my last 10 with the fixture congestion I had due to the Champions League. I was really pleased to go through the season unbeaten, we never looked like losing tbh, and to get the 100 points. I would have liked 100 goals too but you can't have everything... After a fairly easy CL group of Werder Bremen, Udinese and Zurich I then played Inter, Man U, Barcelona and Arsenal, I don't think I could have had any more difficult opponents. We won the CL final on penalties after a 1-1 in which Arsenal scored a late equaliser and 5 of my players got injured. My stars for the season were Barrett, who was amazing, Balotelli, who scored important goals, Veloso likewise, and Agüero came good near the end. Bowker also chipped in with a lot of goals to win me games against weaker sides.

I'm not sure what my next step will be, I've achieved what I want to achieve with Valencia so I might start a new game, although now Cesc, Sergio Ramos, Fernando Torres, Casillas etc are interested in joining the club so I may stay and try and basically build the Spanish national squad...

Valencia is THE mistake of this version of the game. In reality Valencia are inches away of going bankcrupt and aren't going to buy anyone and are going to have to sell Villa and Silva in summer. In game they look financially fairly stable compared to reality.

Valencia is THE mistake of this version of the game. In reality Valencia are inches away of going bankcrupt and aren't going to buy anyone and are going to have to sell Villa and Silva in summer. In game they look financially fairly stable compared to reality.

I wondered why their finances were good on the game compared to real life but it doesnt really matter there are lots of financial mistakes in this game such as Russian teams not being as rich as they are and Newcastle having lots of money. It doesnt bother me as this Valencia game has been alot of fun.

I also read that if they can sell their ground then they might not have to sell Villa and Silva although I can see Villa going to Barcelona in the summer regardless of what happens.

I also read that if they can sell their ground then they might not have to sell Villa and Silva although I can see Villa going to Barcelona in the summer regardless of what happens.

Hmm, I reckon it's more likely that he and Silva will go to Real, Barca don't really need any more attacking players whereas Real desperately do (IMO). I can't see where Villa and Silva would fit in to the Barca team...

Its because Eto'o is probably leaving at the end of this season so they will replace him with Villa. Thats what they have been saying on Revista La Liga on Sky Sports that if Villa goes it will be Barcelona.

I would be absolutely gutted if both Villa and Silva went to Real, I hate them with a passion. Villa's most likely destination would be Barca if he should move, having snubbed a move to England. As for Silva, he would fit perfect in Barca's system seeing how they are weak on their left side, however he is open to a move abroad so his options are quite open.

Our finances are pretty bad as of now, construction to the Neuvo Mestalla has temporarily stopped and we owe months of wages to our players, who really haven't been paid since last year. As long as the property near the Mestalla sells we should be fine but that really doesn't look likely considering what the economy is like.

Really enjoying my game with Los Ches after finishing 3rd in my first season. I'm 3rd 10 games into my second season.

I'm like the Liverpool of the Spanish leagues awesome in Europe and against Barca\Real\A Madrid\Sevilla\Villareal etc but struggle against the teams who I should beat with ease. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have 8.5M Euros to spend can anyone recommend which areas of the team I should strengthen? My team is as follows

GK - Renan\Sergio Asjeno\Albert Jorquera

DL - Asier Del Horno\Fillipe

DR- Miguel\Cesar Azpillicueta

DC-Raul Albiol\Alexis\Ivan Marcano\David Navarro

MC- David Albelda\Manuel Fernandes\Ever Banega\Carlos Marchena

AMR - Pablo Hernandez\Joaquin

AML - Mata\Vicente

AMC - Mauro Zarate\David Silva

ATT- David Villa\Zigic

Really enjoying my game with Los Ches after finishing 3rd in my first season. I'm 3rd 10 games into my second season.

I'm like the Liverpool of the Spanish leagues awesome in Europe and against Barca\Real\A Madrid\Sevilla\Villareal etc but struggle against the teams who I should beat with ease. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have 8.5M Euros to spend can anyone recommend which areas of the team I should strengthen? My team is as follows

AML - Mata\Vicente

ATT- David Villa\Zigic

Jimbo, what is your starting XI mate?

Personally I would play Marchena as CB.

I would also sell Miguel as you could get 11-13m Euro's for him and you could get better options at RB, maybe De Silvestri. I would also get rid of Del Horno and put Carleto in at LB, he is still young but very solid especially going forward, thats if you haven't already sold him, he should be in your youth team.

Finished the 3rd season and still cant beat Real Madrid and Barcelona to the league title. I won the Spainish cup again this season after Rat scored the winning freekick against a 10 man Real Madrid. I also won the champions league on penalties against Man Utd. Due to the success the clubs bank balance was on £75 million but the shareholders took just under £15 million. Got a budget of £58 million so activated Sergio Agueros £40 million release clause my team now is.

teamw.jpg

tableh.jpg

Did well in the league scoring wise but we just cant seem to get the few more wins to take the title. I cant wait to see Torres, Villa, Silva and Aguero in attack, my mate trained Aguero to win world footballer of the year playing at AMR so thats where he will fit in. I signed Negrado to ease the pressure on Villa and Torres. Torres got 25 goals in 40 games in his debut season but Villa got 52 in 52 which is awesome.

Need to buy another CB looking at Cuellar he is 29 but I have a very promising regen that will be ready for first team action in another 3 seasons so Cuellar would fill that gap for him until he is ready.

Jimbo, what is your starting XI mate?

Personally I would play Marchena as CB.

I would also sell Miguel as you could get 11-13m Euro's for him and you could get better options at RB, maybe De Silvestri. I would also get rid of Del Horno and put Carleto in at LB, he is still young but very solid especially going forward, thats if you haven't already sold him, he should be in your youth team.

I like to have a squad rotation and I rotate the following players\The players marked with a star are my Best 11

GK - Renan\Asjeno*

DR - Miguel\Azpillicueta*

DL - Fillipe*\Del Horno

DC - Marcano*\Alexis

DC- Albiol*\Marchena

DM - Fernandes*\Albelda\Marchena\

MC- Banega*\Sunny

AMR - Zarate*\Joaquin

AMC- Silva*\Zarate

AML- Mata*\Vicente

ATT - Villa*\Zigic

I'm thinking of selling the following players - All suggestions welcome

Zigic - terrible player

Marchena- 30 years old and only a Rotation\backup player

Sunny - his stats look terrible

Pablo Hernadez - Only a backup as I have Joaquin and Zarate

David Navarro - No need to explain this one

Del Horno and Miguel have been solid for me and I tend to play them both at home for thier attacking abilities.

Thiago Carleto doesn't look quite ready for first team football so I have been trying to loan him out. How good is Thiago Carleto\how good can he be?

AML - Mata\Vicente

ATT- David Villa\Zigic

I was in a similar situation to you winning the big games but getting too many 0-0s and 1-1s against weaker teams when I was playing 4-2-3-1 for the first season and a half, then I changed to 4-4-2 and I've won the league in the 2 seasons since. I'd advise you to think of doing the same. Re: your team, I'd say Marchena is better at DC than MC, your MCs are weak, as are your options at AMR. I'd get another striker too, or 2 if you're going to switch to 4-4-2. Please don't tell me you're playing Mauro Zarate over David Silva as well!

Finished the 3rd season and still cant beat Real Madrid and Barcelona to the league title. I won the Spainish cup again this season after Rat scored the winning freekick against a 10 man Real Madrid. I also won the champions league on penalties against Man Utd. Due to the success the clubs bank balance was on £75 million but the shareholders took just under £15 million. Got a budget of £58 million so activated Sergio Agueros £40 million release clause my team now is.

Did well in the league scoring wise but we just cant seem to get the few more wins to take the title. I cant wait to see Torres, Villa, Silva and Aguero in attack, my mate trained Aguero to win world footballer of the year playing at AMR so thats where he will fit in. I signed Negrado to ease the pressure on Villa and Torres. Torres got 25 goals in 40 games in his debut season but Villa got 52 in 52 which is awesome.

Need to buy another CB looking at Cuellar he is 29 but I have a very promising regen that will be ready for first team action in another 3 seasons so Cuellar would fill that gap for him until he is ready.

Looking very strong mate, are you looking at a Spanish theme bar Rat, Aguero and Vela then? If so, I'm not sure where you could strengthen apart from by getting the well-known, expensive players (Ramos, Cazorla, Fabregas etc) I'd put Javi Martinez in your first team if he's not already though.

I was in a similar situation to you winning the big games but getting too many 0-0s and 1-1s against weaker teams when I was playing 4-2-3-1 for the first season and a half, then I changed to 4-4-2 and I've won the league in the 2 seasons since. I'd advise you to think of doing the same. Re: your team, I'd say Marchena is better at DC than MC, your MCs are weak, as are your options at AMR. I'd get another striker too, or 2 if you're going to switch to 4-4-2. Please don't tell me you're playing Mauro Zarate over David Silva as well!

I've been trying to sign Vela\Alexis Sanchez\Ignacio Camacho\Marquinos\Keirrison but my offers have never been good enough and it's the max i can offer.

David Silva is first name on the team sheet along with Villa. I play Zarate or Mata at AMC in cup\smaller games when Silva needs a rest.

I definately think I need a better MC and Alternative Striker how good is Javi Martinez? My scouts seem to think he's only as good as Manuel Fernandes so I'm not sure whether to purchase him or not. how good is Daniel Aquino also? My scouts don't think his potential is that good.

teamw.jpg

tableh.jpg

Congrats on the CL league win! That's a pretty decent league record too and should be good enough to win the league. But this game is a great challenge due to Barca\Real being such a dominant force.

Looking very strong mate, are you looking at a Spanish theme bar Rat, Aguero and Vela then? If so, I'm not sure where you could strengthen apart from by getting the well-known, expensive players (Ramos, Cazorla, Fabregas etc) I'd put Javi Martinez in your first team if he's not already though.

Javi Martinez is usually in the first team the screenshot is just of who played the last league game of the season. Been trying to keep the team as Spainish as possible Fabregas will be a target next season although he could cost way too much cash. I like Vela but if I could get £40 million for him I would sell. I signed Aguero as he has played in Spain and speaks Spainish obviously so he wont take any time to adapt. I was looking at Carzola to replace Vela if I did sell him he could also replace Juaquin as he is 30 now I think but still plays brilliantly.

I definately think I need a better MC and Alternative Striker how good is Javi Martinez? My scouts seem to think he's only as good as Manuel Fernandes so I'm not sure whether to purchase him or not. how good is Daniel Aquino also? My scouts don't think his potential is that good.

Javi Martinez is a quality player always plays a solid game doesnt seem to do anything spectacular but just always plays well. Aquino is class he has always turned into a great player no matter what team I have signed him for can become a striker that can get 30 goals a season easily.

Del Horno's off for 4M euro's to Racing. I'm going with Carraud's suggestion off using Thiago Carleto.

I'm going to try and purchase Javi Martinez from Bilboa and hopefully sell Zigic to get Aquino.

I've tried using him as a Target Man with my team crossing at his head without success

Has anyone had success with Big Zig or does everyyone just show him the door? How much can you get for him?

Del Horno's off for 4M euro's to Racing. I'm going with Carraud's suggestion off using Thiago Carleto.

I'm going to try and purchase Javi Martinez from Bilboa and hopefully sell Zigic to get Aquino.

I've tried using him as a Target Man with my team crossing at his head without success

Has anyone had success with Big Zig or does everyyone just show him the door? How much can you get for him?

Carleto will be good for you in second season, I bought De Ceglie(sp) from Juventus but he got injured for about 5 games so I put Carleto in and then kept his place so I sold De Ceglie back to Juventus for more than twice what I payed for him.:)

Sold Zigic to Lyon for £6.5m as soon as I could. I only play with one striker and he wasn't the sort of player I wanted in my team.

Can't believe you have Marchena as a back up, he hardly makes a mistake for me at CB.

Maybe try and pay for a couple of players on 24 monthly payments, you won't use as much of your budget up.

Great options up front for next season, mate.

How much is Cuellar going to cost you?

Not sure yet got to make an offer and find out hopefully it will be less than £15 million as I wont go higher than that. Thats the trouble with trying to get an all Spainish team it can be expensive as there arent alot of options.

That attack should be great next season I want to sign Reina aswell then once he gets too old Asenjo can replace him, Renan came in when Asenjo was injured and did brilliantly so he will do until I can get Reina.

Carleto will be good for you in second season, I bought De Ceglie(sp) from Juventus but he got injured for about 5 games so I put Carleto in and then kept his place so I sold De Ceglie back to Juventus for more than twice what I payed for him.:)

Sold Zigic to Lyon for £6.5m as soon as I could. I only play with one striker and he wasn't the sort of player I wanted in my team.

Can't believe you have Marchena as a back up, he hardly makes a mistake for me at CB.

Maybe try and pay for a couple of players on 24 monthly payments, you won't use as much of your budget up.

The main problem with Marchena is his pace, he just seems too slow and Albiol isn't the quickest either which is why I have Marcano along side him. I do use Marchena often at DMC mainly due to his excellent positioning\strength\tackling and heading abilites so he's the ideal player to have winning the ball and playing to one of my playmakers.

Javi is my main target but I don't like owing money over 2 years. I might go the for the 6month option then I know I won't owe anything when setting future transfer budgets.

Great team Acidburn, love the spanish feel. Camacho, Javi Martinez, and Asenjo are fantastic buys. I wouldn't sing Reina, as I feel Asenjo is better IMO. Anyways, some good spanish players off the top of my head that you can look at: Diego Capel, Jesus Navas, Arteta, Santi Cazorla, Ruben De La Red

Archived