FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

Hi Everyone, i have just started a Valencia game myself, as i do on all FM games. I'm a big follower of Valencia and go there each season from England to try and catch a couple of their games when i can.

Anyway, just thought i'd share an update on my game. When taking over at the start of the season i didn't feel the need to panic buy. Only players signed were Celso Borges for 100k and Canales 250k. Borges was sent out on loan immediately to Racing. Sold Hugo Viana who wanted to leave for 2.5 m.

Using a tactic of a kind of 4-5-1 formation the usual starting line up consists of Renan, Miguel, Moretti, Albiol, Marchena, Baraja, Fernandes, Silva, Joaquin, Mata and Villa.

I'm into April 09 and i'm second in the league and in Uefa Cup QF's against Tottenham. Also into Spanish Cup Final where i play Getafe.

Key Performing Players are David Villa 33 goals in 30 games, Silva 12 goals 14 assists in 27 games and Raul Albiol notching 9 goals in 34 games from centre back.

I would thoroughly recommend starting a game with Valencia - for anyone who's considering. Finding it extremely enjoyable as always.

Thanks for reading...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well randommagician physically forced me to post here and i will :)...having a great time playing as valencia.. just in the summer transfer window

going into my 2nd season going to play a 4-3-3, hence the huge amount of midfielders/defensive mids and maduro and banega will be gone before the season starts.

League table - won the first 9 games then the machine that barcelona are didnt concede a goal in 23 games, one of them being a 1-0 win over me. however villa scored a massive 53 goals in 51 games (all competitions) with 36 in 35 in the league

valenciaseason1table.jpg

won the uefa cup 2-0 against big spending manchester city.

Signings 08/09

season1transfers.jpg

Signings 09/10

season2transfers.jpg

i have javi martinez coming next season for a fee of £16million, trying to keep the team as spanish/south american as possible :p

Hi Everyone, i have just started a Valencia game myself, as i do on all FM games. I'm a big follower of Valencia and go there each season from England to try and catch a couple of their games when i can.

Anyway, just thought i'd share an update on my game. When taking over at the start of the season i didn't feel the need to panic buy. Only players signed were Celso Borges for 100k and Canales 250k. Borges was sent out on loan immediately to Racing. Sold Hugo Viana who wanted to leave for 2.5 m.

Using a tactic of a kind of 4-5-1 formation the usual starting line up consists of Renan, Miguel, Moretti, Albiol, Marchena, Baraja, Fernandes, Silva, Joaquin, Mata and Villa.

I'm into April 09 and i'm second in the league and in Uefa Cup QF's against Tottenham. Also into Spanish Cup Final where i play Getafe.

Key Performing Players are David Villa 33 goals in 30 games, Silva 12 goals 14 assists in 27 games and Raul Albiol notching 9 goals in 34 games from centre back.

I would thoroughly recommend starting a game with Valencia - for anyone who's considering. Finding it extremely enjoyable as always.

Thanks for reading...

You're doing well considering you haven't strengthened much, what is your transfer budget for the 2nd season? The 3 you mentioned are absolutely key aren't they. I'd look at strenghtening your central midfielders though.

well randommagician physically forced me to post here and i will :)...having a great time playing as valencia.. just in the summer transfer window

going into my 2nd season going to play a 4-3-3, hence the huge amount of midfielders/defensive mids and maduro and banega will be gone before the season starts.

League table - won the first 9 games then the machine that barcelona are didnt concede a goal in 23 games, one of them being a 1-0 win over me. however villa scored a massive 53 goals in 51 games (all competitions) with 36 in 35 in the league

won the uefa cup 2-0 against big spending manchester city.

i have javi martinez coming next season for a fee of £16million, trying to keep the team as spanish/south american as possible :p

Good first season mate, you did well to split the Barca/ Real Madrid dominance, and to win the UEFA Cup, I lost in the final in my first season... Do you play a 4-3-3 like Barca do then (i.e. DM, 2CMs, AMR+L with farrow, CF)? Good signings in Javi Martinez and Azpilicueta. If you are playing the formation I mentioned, I would suggest improving your defensive midfeileders as I feel the ones Valencia start with are either too old (Albelda & Baraja) or not quite good enough (Sunny & Banega). I think Marquinhos would be a good signing as well, I find he plays really well at AMR/L in that formation, or as a striker obviously.

well this is the tactic i used.....worked really well at thebeginning of the season....beat barca 4-1 at the Nou Camp, but then kind of fell off towards the middle

4-3-3

tactics.jpg

This is the squad atm.......

squadseason2.jpg

I recommend anyone to buy Cesar Azpilicueta....he has turned into an absolute beast for me, the perfect right back, signed for 9.5 million in the 1st transfer window, 7.5 of that over 24months.

Azpilicueta.jpg

I have enough def/central midfielders, have a regen centre back with a general lack to jumping skills, so he's being re-trained to cover the defensive mid position, and im generally set everywhere else.

Fernando

fernando.jpg

thanks for the feedback m8, shouldve posted in here long ago.

JellyBaby: Keep up the good work btw :thup:

Oh and I love your regen having 19 in heading and 9 in jumping haha, that's bad luck! Think you're right, he can be an excellent DMC without doubt...

Yeah good decision to re-train him, there are a lot of CBs on 09 who would be excellent apart from their strength and jumping stats being so low, I think it's really unrealistic as irl they would definitely get moved to another position. Has Busquets been improved on this patch then?

Further update entering into Season 2. Sorry for lack of screen shots people, as i'm posting from work.

With the first season over and a respectable third position obtained i shall be looking forward to Champions League football. I did manage a Spanish Cup Final victory over Getafe 2-0 in final, however a loss in Uefa Cup final to Ajax 2-1 aet. David Villa had storming season for myself with 44 goals in 42 games in all competitions.

Into second season and a healthy 25 million transfer budget to spend. Azpillicueta is number 1 target with Miguel looking likely for the exit door. Also looking into prospect of signing Veloso as replacement for the ageing Baraja and Albelda. Other transfers out which look to be on the cards are Zigic, Gonzalez and Angulo.

Signed young Spanish keeper Assenjo from Valladolid 8m as i look to build Spanish/South American squad. Another target has to be left/centre back from Racing (his name i have forgotten) and also Keirison.

Updates to follow, along with tactic details and hopefully some screen shots...

Can i ask on peoples average attendances? What are you getting? And have you had any ridiculous offers for Villa and Silva?

I got 55k at most games with 70k for the bigger cup games, champions league and the league matches gainst Barcelona and Real MAdrid. Never had anyone offer or even declare an interest in Villa, had a few clubs say they want to sign Silva mainly Arsenal and Real Madrid but none ever offered for him.

I am not sure but I think he might cost you £50 million, I got Torres for £62 million they have similar reputations and ability. I would pay virtually anything for VIlla he is the most prolific player I have had on FM pure class.

Have to agree with you there AcidBurn. David Villa has been brilliant! He never stops scoring! David Silva as playmaker is just as instrumental though.

Failed to get Azpillicueta in summer of 2009. Offered £13.5m but to no joy. Had to settle for Isinho for £5.0m as a stop gap. Sold Miguel to Real Madrid for £5.0m, Edu for £1.0m and Maduro for £3.3m. Also Signed Marcano £5.0m from Racing.

Failed to get Azpillicueta in summer of 2009. Offered £13.5m but to no joy. Had to settle for Isinho for £5.0m as a stop gap. Sold Miguel to Real Madrid for £5.0m, Edu for £1.0m and Maduro for £3.3m. Also Signed Marcano £5.0m from Racing.

you couldve definietely gotten more for miguel in the regions of 9-10mill.

How much would Villa go for end of season one if I manage to unsettle him? Barca btw.

about 60-80 million, probably, havent tried but he's well worth it he's incredibly good.

A tip for new Valencia starters - You can raid the Real Madrid team if you're lucky in August. I've picked up Gago, Mahamadou (sp) Diarra, and Higuan in the first window for 8m, 4m, and 8m respectively. All quality players, Gago and Higuan have a lot of potential and Diarra is already established and good for another 5+ years. Madrid have bought Toulalan in my past 3 saves so they end up transfer listing Gago and Diarra, and will list Higuan if they pick up another forward.

Great buys, especially since after you buy them its basically a two-horse race between you and Barca first season.

Going to start my first take on spanish leaugue, will be valencia and going to use 4-5-1 formation.

I will make sure players who are bought will be either spanish or argentinian. probably will aim for top4 finish first season, lets see how it works out.

Top 4 should be pretty easy in the first season, I just cant seem to beat Barcelona and Madrid to the title so I have put this game to rest for awhile.

I'm currently second on same points as Atl. Madrid, however Barcalona are in a leauge of their own, they dont drop points anywhere!!! they have a 100% record.

so i guess title is out of the equation for this season at least.

First things I noticed you have to take care off is the backroom staff, they are not up to scratch and are on huge payrolls for a long term contract. getting rid off them is not going to be easy at least for the first season, hang on there and gradually change them at the season end. you probably neeed to change all of them though.

as for players, central midfied is old legs, invest fot the future here. main area that needs strengthening.

javi martinez, camacho, veloso and moutinho are good options. if you got the budget.

get a good young right back as in cesar azpiliicuetta.

and a keeper with future such as sergio asenjo.

they are cheap and world class options under €10M. each.

look for, out of favour/transfer listed players from Barca/Real Madrid.

I lost out on gago to Atl.Madrid but did get Higuain.

I think you need 2 seasons to get the club sorted and backroom staff sorted then the team can challange for honours everywhere. basically hang on to your job first 2 seasons :D

Have to agree, i signed Asenjo who has become fantastic for me. He just got runner up in young player of the year award in Spain. Can't fault him. I'm still needing to strenghten the defensive midfield position. Sunny has been playing there this season (season 2) but i am looking into prospect of Camacho and Busquets. Daniel Aquino has proven to be super signing and has been excellent back up for Villa who is in a league of his own.

Baraja retiring soon and hopefully will make him coach along with Angulo...

I figured whilst Asenjo has the small release clause fee, it would be better to get him asap then taking the risk of paying more when cash later on.

I'm not sure if it works but since him being 18 at the start. and in 3 years time he could qualify as a club grown player for my valencia squad, very important for the european games. though not sure if it works as I have yet to reach 3rd season :)

Have to agree, i signed Asenjo who has become fantastic for me. He just got runner up in young player of the year award in Spain. Can't fault him. I'm still needing to strenghten the defensive midfield position. Sunny has been playing there this season (season 2) but i am looking into prospect of Camacho and Busquets. Daniel Aquino has proven to be super signing and has been excellent back up for Villa who is in a league of his own.

Baraja retiring soon and hopefully will make him coach along with Angulo...

camacho is pure class, busquets seems class but well he is a first teamer in barcelona and doesnt want to come.

on the plus side i got javi garcia from real madrid at the end of season for 650K. he would be a great squad player.

banega and sunny seems to have good future.

I figured whilst Asenjo has the small release clause fee, it would be better to get him asap then taking the risk of paying more when cash later on.

I'm not sure if it works but since him being 18 at the start. and in 3 years time he could qualify as a club grown player for my valencia squad, very important for the european games. though not sure if it works as I have yet to reach 3rd season :)

You can check by going on the squad screen and then changing the player details to "Home-grown status" or something like that on the drop-down menu in the top right, it'll give you a date then.

I still think Renan is perfectly good, I had him for 4 seasons and won everything with him in net, no problems.

you can sign him on a free at the end of the first season, make sure you over 50+k wages and he will accept.

I did want to sign him for free, he kept on rejecting barcas contract renewal offers, and he wanted a lot from me as well. So I was waiting for him to lower his demands then much to my

dismay he signed for barca again. Guess, I'm paying the price of being too stingy.

got barragan for very cheap price as well, good back up as a right back and low wages.

so far I'm trying to get rid of the deadwoods in the squad.and buy potential players with future on low wages.

what do you guys think of Ruben de la red from Real Madrid? he is growing uneasy there as he wants first team action. my scouts say he would be good addition. but not sure how he performs in the game, stat wise he seems good player and young.

price is around 5M.

Could you post a screen shot of him in your game perhaps? We'll be able to advise better :thup:

sorry mate, I have no idea how to post those screenies, when it comes to PC stuff, It's all chinese to me.

back to the issue they wanted 7M for him, I thought it was too much. so I will wait and see till the season is over.

I know you guys think I'm stingy well there is a good reason for that I'm going to bring in Aguero for 44M hopefully and don't want to stretch my resources.

Season 1 Updates:

* Finished 2nd in Leaugue, 7 points behind Barcelona.

* Won Spanish cup

* SF in Uefa Cup

* Valencia Mastella got promoted

* U19's won their leaugue.

Hi all, just entering season 3 with my Valencia game now. Made Ruben Baraja coach upon retiring.

Signed Pedro Leon for £4.50m from Valladollid as back up for Joaquin. Leon has made it into Spain squad recently and is still relatively young and is showing good stats. Signed young 16 year old forward from Albacete with bundles of potential. Also signed Sergio Busquets for £5.75m from Barcelona to fill defensive midfield position.

Other potential targets include Ander and Raul Goni from Zaragoza. Both cheap and young spanish under 21 internationals.

Strongest 11 entering into season 3 is: Asenjo, Ilsinho, Marcano, Albiol, Marchena, Busquets, Fernandes, Silva, Mata, Joaquin, Villa. Subs: Renan, Alexis, Sunny, Banega, Moretti, Vicente, Leon

Have to put mention in for Fernandes. Played correctly he can be fantastic. He was tipped several times as player of year award in Spain.

Still in need of strenghtening fullback positions. Cesar Azpillicueta went to Real Madrid for £25.0m!

Also need another forward and put in offer for Bojan, who rejected me and joined Arsenal despite offering him 120,000 a week! Arsenal only offered 50,000.

having played 10 seasons as Arsenal now started a game as Valencia, in my 2nd yr

The first season for the league on the last day by a point from Barca and have way through second season am a point ahead of Barca, qualified top of CL group I play a 4-2-3-1

My team

GK

Renan

Viera

FB

Miguel

azpillcueta

Morati

Gulhareme

CB

Albiol

Alex

Ivan marcano (8mill)

CM

Fernandez

Dafour (6 mill)

Albelda

Banega

Canalas (800K)

AM

Silva

Mata

Giavanco(12 mill)

Jaquin

Vicante

Obasi (8mill)

ST

Villa

Kerison ( 4.2 mill)

Out

Marchena ( 10 mill)

paulo hernadez (12 mill)

I have raised about 20 mill from selling other firndge player and have 21 mill to spend

Still in need of strenghtening fullback positions. Cesar Azpillicueta went to Real Madrid for £25.0m!

Also need another forward and put in offer for Bojan, who rejected me and joined Arsenal despite offering him 120,000 a week! Arsenal only offered 50,000.

Antonio Barragan for RB, cheap and reliable. a bit injury prone though.

Insua from Liverpool and Jose Enrique from Newcastle, all cheap and reliable. and spanish.

adrian from deportivo could be a good back up striker, or Higuain from real madrid.

these are all cheap options.

Antonio Barragan for RB, cheap and reliable. a bit injury prone though.

Insua from Liverpool and Jose Enrique from Newcastle, all cheap and reliable. and spanish.

adrian from deportivo could be a good back up striker, or Higuain from real madrid.

these are all cheap options.

Thanks Turmania. Never thought of Barragan, i shall take a look at him. I did look at Adrian from Depor and he will cost around £6.0m it seems. Is he worth it? Currently using Aquino as back up forward but i'd prefer him to play AML.

Another thing is that i signed Canales for cheap. However he doesn't seem to be improving much. Has anyone any experience/info on him for future? Does he become a decent player?

As you can tell, i'm trying to keep the squad as Spanish as i can.

I did look at Adrian from Depor and he will cost around £6.0m it seems. Is he worth it? Currently using Aquino as back up forward but i'd prefer him to play AML.

Another thing is that i signed Canales for cheap. However he doesn't seem to be improving much. Has anyone any experience/info on him for future? Does he become a decent player?

As you can tell, i'm trying to keep the squad as Spanish as i can.

Adrian for me is ok. not so good but he doesnt get much chances, just playing him the odd game here and there. but he does score when he plays. he is currently back up to villa and higuain. and as I play lone striker he doesnt get much chances. but for the price he is good and he didnt moan hall season for lack of action.

aquinho is great addition. you can play him as a striker or left wing great versatility.

for right back another good option could be, miguel torres from real madrid.

canales, I tracked him for a year. he didnt improve much on his stats so I went and bought jose enrique from newcastle as a back up to Insua.

I too am trying to play all spanish and argentinian game for valencia. buying no one else apart from those 2 nations.

Insua, Fazio, Aguero, and Higuain are my Argentinians.

rest are spanish.

start of 3rd season bought Aguero for a record fee of 44m and Pedro Leon for 4.5m.

you should try to get pedro leon as he is a very good understudy for Joaguin.

Hi guys, decided to finally start a game as Valencia having done so on previous FM games. I had been playing a save with Barcelona for 4 seasons which went well so my knowledge of Spain should be reasonable but playing with Barca is of course a bit easy. Anyway started my game with Brazilian league on so I could start in the January window like I normally do and did some business....

OUT:

Maduro: 2.5m

Edu: 2.5m

Morientes: 1m

Angulo: 2.5m

IN:

Aquino: 5.5m

Thiago Alcantara: free

Canales: free

Ander: 1.2m

Rochina: free

Zuculini: 250k

Some of those guys might make it and some might not be good enough but I should make money on them at least. Definately going to look towards the younger players, got more money to spend in the summer, I probably need a centre back for backup and a right back, definately looking at Azpilicueta here. Other than that it looks fairly solid, maybe try for Gago if he becomes available (Real signed Toulalan as normal), shame De La Red is out for a year. Also look to keep 7m aside for Marquinhos when he signs a new contract at Palmeiras with a low release clause and then I should be fairly sorted. Probably look to offload some more of the dead wood, Curro Torres, Viana, Pablo Hernandez. Does anyone know how good Banega gets when he comes back and is he worth keeping?

Do you thing Aquino is better as aml or as a striker?

I believe he is just as good at any of the two positions but I find myself using him a bit more at AML on most games I also retrain him to play as a AMR so that he can cut inside and score some goals.

I got rid of Banega not that good in my opinion.

Archived