FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

I have Banega, his stats went down during his first few months, but they're starting to go back up and his performances are showing, he's not that great, but I'm only in 2010...

Last year in Jan I signed Rafael Sobis for 4 mill, I've sold him a year later, and just out of sheer cheek I offered him to clubs for 25.5 mill, and Man City paid it straight up! Madness.

Currently trying to sell Pablo Hernandez, anybody else sold him? If so, how much did you get?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there just started my season after reading everything you have said managed to do this so far:

got transfer budget increased to £11.8m

got rid of all my staff just offered mutual termination 2 every1 including physios and scouts

then got santon (loan) belletti (loan) which sorted out my rb position aureillo (loan) as cover for del horno and got Kuszczak to cover Renan while he was at the olympics

sold miguel - £8m (offered 2 clubs for £8m) morretti - £5.25m edu - £1.2m maduro - £2.5m viana - £1.8m angel - £500k baraja - £2.5m hildebrand - £2.5m torres - £250k for total of £24.5m

trying to sell marchena for £15m to sevilla but they want to pay aroung £10m

had alexis playing rb for a couple of games until belletti joined so you can always play him there if you dont sell marchena

managed to find a replacement for vicente in the form of gavilan for £3m and sold vicente for £6m with 50% sell on clause also got ustari for £4m and keirrison for £5m goin to try and get balotelli from inter to complete my squad

was thinking about selling joaquin and buyin back sisi for £1.2m as scout said he would be a good signing and theres not much difference between them

was also wondering if anyone else has offered Villa a new contract to get him 2 stay as when i did he asked for wages of £0 and a £2.1m signing on fee sadly dont know how to get screenshots on this paste isnt working

Started a game a few days ago, couldn't buy anyone because I couldn't sell anyone. I offered the usual players out, but all offers were loan offers even though each player was unavailable for loan.

I've had a stupid amount of injuries, but so far I've only lost to Madrid in the Super Cup 2nd leg. Villa is out for 3 months, but Zigic has 3 in 3 so far.

I'll wait until the board up my transfer and wage budget and not sell anyone this season. I'll look for cover for Silva at AMC, maybe Riquelme or some other older player.

I have Banega, his stats went down during his first few months, but they're starting to go back up and his performances are showing, he's not that great, but I'm only in 2010...

Thanks mate, I think I will give him a go for £6m, I am sure I will be able to get my money back if he isn't very good :thup:.

I never had any issues with selling players.

I got 11m for Miguel at the beginning of the second season, I got 15m for Marchena, I got 15m for Manuel Fernandes, 15m for the injury prone Vicente, I got 6m for Albelda before the second season began.

The likes of Edu, Baraja and Helguara I got 2.5m each for.

I got a fair amount for Hildebrand, too.

im starting a game with valencia. thinking im gonna play 4231 like they do IRL, sometimes they do play 442 but i feel that when Silva gets back from injury the 4231 is there to stay. however, is there anyone here who can give me tips how to get a 4231 working with valencia (villa upfront)? crossing is a waste of time so i need the wingers to come inside and make some nice one-twos or put through balls

With Valencia I play a 4-2-3-1, but slightly different. It's more of a 4-1-1-3-1, with 1 holding midfielder and one centre midfielder. In my first year I played Mata on the left, with Silva in the hole and Joaquin on the right, although I did swap Silva and Mata about from left to the hole, as sometimes Silva was much more effective on the left, and sometimes Mata was better in the hole, I also liked to have them swapping during games.

I sold a lot of players during my first season, but if you're going to keep a few players, I'd probably say Albelda and Fernandes are the better of the central midfield players.

What style of play do you like to play? Short and slow, or quick and direct? Attacking or Defensive? Counter attack or more of a pressing style all over the pitch?

im gonna keep the squad totally intact the first season.. i like Fernandes but his stats in the game are to low. 13 strenght is ridiculus, if you've watched him IRL you'd see after 5 minutes that he's a really, really strong player. anyway i like approach that Unai Emery has IRL but with some changes

Emery likes a high pressing, short and quick passing game with very attacking fullbacks and wingers cutting inside more often than not. crossing is rare and if they do cross its mostly low, on the ground crossing to the feet of on-running attackers.

My approach is very similar though i've trouble re-creating it in FM. I want a high pressing, short and quick passing game. though I do not like the behavour of fullbacks when they're on FWR often, they would regularly pop up inside and outside the box which for me is ridiculus. So mixed or rare FWR for them. Another problem is with the wingers as in they get too high up the pitch with attacking mentality. The shape of team when attacking is more like a 4-2-1(AMC)-3(wingers + striker). I want the original 3 (wingers + amc) to be in line during attack. does this makes sense?

Sort of, I too am unhappy with the way in which my side lines up. For some reason players have problems positionally, even players like Veloso who have quality defensive stats.

I'm not too sure what to do with full backs, maybe change where they cross the ball from to maybe deep?

With your wingers, you could try making it more of a 4-4-1-1, with the wingers pushing forward, so then they may make forward runs from a deeper position, but not too far forward, saying that, forward runs with full backs and they end up in the box.

I dislike how there's no sideways arrows on the game, as you would be able to give Joaquin and Mata the cutting in arrows, which would be much more real.

On the point with Fernandes, yeah he's strong but he's so inconsistent, he has all of the attributes to be a top drawer midfielder, he just lacks confidence to perform week in week out.

Who do you play left back, Moretti or del Horno?

On the topic of wingers cutting in, either play them in the ML or MR positions, or if you are playing 4-2-3-1, lower their mentality to 12, keep the FC on mentality 14. That should keep them from going too far forward, so they can pick the ball up deep enough to make an impact. On the topic of wingers cutting in, have a look at my thread in the tactics forum :- Wingers Cutting In - Giovinco Example. Those instructions seem to make it work very well.

Im using a similar system with my Juventus side, but i vary the positions sometimes. Im using Cassano in the hole/or as a playmaker forward dropping deep. I use Cavani or Amauri in the Villa role, with TM instructions set to feet. And Giovinco on the left, playing a role very similar to how Mata and Silva play in real life. Of the two CM's one is very defensive, one a more deeper lying playmaker/box-to-box midfielder, depending on the type of player i have in that position.

Having implemented it pretty successfully at Juve, i will prob make Valencia my next game, as they seem very suited to that formation.

They only really need a better left back, and a good quality Moutinho type technical midfielder or Gerrard type box-to-box midfielder, to challenge for the title with that side. Obviously the strength in depth needs improving, so maybe selling off the dead wood, and signing players like Capel, Jesus Navas, Camacho, Javi Martinez, Javi Garcia would definitely improve the squad, while keeping with the system, and maintaining a spanish core.

I have finished second after first season and won Euro Cup, lost in the final of Spanish Cup. Pretty happy considering i kept the majority of the squad. Villa is a modern day Achilles on the football pitch, while Silva and Mata are stars.

However sme of the challenges i face are wingers cutting in, and the number of high crosses. High crosses are fine when Zigic and Nando are playing, but not the case when i am playing Villa only. Any idea how i can get the wingers to put low crosses. Also want to know how to get players to cut in.

Started a Valencia game a week or so ago. Currently 2nd in league, and in a group with Portsmouth, Rennais, Besiktas and Levski in the UEFA Cup.

I started with 1.1m but asked for more and got 11.5m. Sold many players and made some suprise signings

Outs

Curro Torres - 1m - Stoke

Vicente Guaita - 1m - Castellon

Ruben Baraja - 2.5m - Racing

And then Man City decided they wanted half my team and got

Manuel Fernandes - 20m

Asier Del Horno - 15m

Vicente - 20m

Edu - 3m

Joaquin - P/ex

David Albelda - P/ex

Ins

Jermaine Jones - 4.5m + Clauses

Eljero Elia - 1m + Clauses

Elano - 12m + Clauses

Joe Hart - 3m + Clauses

Rafinha - 7.5m + Clauses

Ivan Rakitic - 7m + Clauses

Nani - 15m + Clauses

Jose Enrique - 5m + Clauses

Stephen Appiah - Free

Alexandre Song - Loan

Carlos Vela - Loan

And this is where the shocks come in

Vincent Kompany - Loan (2.5m Fee)

Pablo Zabaleta - Loan (2.5m Fee)

Jo - Loan (1.5m Fee)

Robinho - P/ex for Joaquin and Albelda + 10m

All in all its going well

I have Robbie Fowler and Henrik Larsson coming in January..... For Kicks really. And Morientes (Rangers) and Viana (Porto) are off out.

Need some good January reinforcements. I currently have 4.5m to spend. Any good loan signings or anything I could make?

My team/formation is

GK - Hart/Hildebrand

DR - Rafinha/Zabaleta

DL - Enrique/Song

DC - Marchena/Helguera

DC - Albiol/Song

MC - Kompany/Jones

AMR - Nani/Elia

AML - Robinho/Mata

AMC - Elano/Rakitic

AMC - David Silva/Vela (When Eligible)

ST - David Villa/Jo

I am into my second season and like to try and keep a Spanish feel to the side, and have used all funds so far to get Asenjo, Martinez, Camacho, Azpilicueta & Aquino, all of whom are hot prospects rated by my scouts as potentially better than who I already have. The other arrival to my squad was Zdravko Kuzmanovic who has been top drawer in the centre of midfield.

I have sold/released Hilderbrand, Edu, Torres, Viana, Fernandes, Angulo, Moretti, Maduro & Zigic, to bring in much needed funds, and to massively reduce the wage bill.

Am playing a 4-2-3-1 (that I found on this forum, Reo: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=79398) with great success, the system allows me to accommodate all of my top players, Mata, Vicente, Joaquin, Silva & Villa, although the stats in FM09 for Vicente & Joaquin have dropped, I guess that just reflects real life, in which Vicente is perma-crocked and Joaquin has been indifferent.

Its now January in my Valencia game.

Qualified for UEFA Cup knockouts. But i have to face Werder Bremen :(

Outs

Hugo Viana - 1m - Porto

Fernando Morientes - 500k - Rangers

Alexis - 7m - Lyon

Miguel - 10m - Liverpool

Hedwiges Maduro - 8m - Spurs

Nikola Zigic - 6.5m - Man City

Emiliano Moretti - 10m - Atletico Madrid

Juan Manuel Mata - 15m - Atletico Madrid

Ins

Robbie Fowler - Free

Henrik Larsson - Free

Mascio - 100k

Rafael Carioca - 3m

Rivaldo - 500k

Malte Bunjes - 3m

Jozy Altidore - 3.5m

Eduardo - 3.9m

Rafael Van der Vaart - 6m

Martin Petrov - 8m

Michael Johnson - 5m

Valeri Bojinov - 3m

Roberto Soldado - 1.8m (Signing in July)

Luis Jimenez - 2m

I have 16 million left. Need a DC, CM, and a Striker. Any ideas?

Thiago Silva? Sakho? Fazio? First choice defender or back-up? If back-up, then try Rivas at Inter, he's quick and isn't the worst, has loads of pace and available for dirt cheap.

CM? Erm, Ramires? Javi Martinez? Again is this a first choice of a squad player?

Striker - Try Keirrison, Eduardo Da Silva can be bought for dirt cheap if Arsenal don't play him, possibly Paloschi? Marquinhos? Saivet? Balotelli?

Try and be a bit more specific in your needs.

Thiago Silva? Sakho? Fazio? First choice defender or back-up? If back-up, then try Rivas at Inter, he's quick and isn't the worst, has loads of pace and available for dirt cheap.

CM? Erm, Ramires? Javi Martinez? Again is this a first choice of a squad player?

Striker - Try Keirrison, Eduardo Da Silva can be bought for dirt cheap if Arsenal don't play him, possibly Paloschi? Marquinhos? Saivet? Balotelli?

Try and be a bit more specific in your needs.

Okay.

I already have 3 foreign players (Eduardo (LB), Rafinha and Rafael Carioca) so they have to be EU Nationals.

I just need a DC to backup Raul Albiol, Marchena and Kompany. Right now my defence consists of Eduardo, Raul Albiol, Kompany (who normally plays as a DM), Carlos Marchena, Rafinha, Zabaleta and Jose Enrique. As you can see I'm sorted for DL now, and DR, so i justneed another DC.

My CM's are Michael Johnson, Kompany and Alex Song. So I need someone with lots of quality, and who is a good DM too.

Up front I just need someone to backup Villa. I only play with the one striker, however my backups are Jozy Altidore, Bojinov (Currently Injured) and Carlos Vela (Whos generally on the bench). I do have Robinho but hes playing AMC.

*edit* I now have 12m from buying Luis Jimenez on the cheap.

*edit* Fazio is an EU National, so I should be getting him. And for CM I'm after Miguel Veloso.

Just need a cheap Striker now

*edit* Fazio is in.... but not till July :(

I have Veloso, he's class in the holding role, really controls things from deep. Another good option would be Ramires from Cruzeiro, who I rate very highly, he's a quick box-to-box player with quality and potential. He can be pricey sometimes, though.

If not, try for somebody like Toulalan, or stick with Veloso, there's also players like Sissoko who's good, and Marchisio who's immense.

• 2 weeks later...

I am manager of Valencia and have an incredible season so far, but it is starting to falter.

I am 2nd in the league and have just got knocked out by a large margin in the euro and spanish cup.

This all happened after a 10 games winning streak.

The only change is that David Silva is unhappy as i would not let him go to Barcelona for £30million and it is affecting the whole team now.

What do I do?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started my game with Valencia and very happy about the squad which i think only needs a few signings to boost and get rid of a bit of dead wood. With Real Madrid asking what i wanted for Villa i said 40 million and 20% of the profit made and they accepted but in the end i knew i needed him so cancelled the transfer

Players In

Lasanna Diarra - 5.75M (Portsmouth)

Daniel Aquino - 2.2M (Murcia)

Players Out

Curro Torres - 75k (Stoke City)

Angulo - 80k (Celta)

Edu - Loan for Season (Murcia)

I know everyone thinks i proberly would of got more but they are dead wood which i dont need to be honest

Just finished my first season with Valencia. I ended up 3rd place, kept the pace with the two big boys barca and real madrid up until the last 4 games where I dropped some unecesarry points.

homescaledbc3.th.jpg

I used my own 4411 tactics. I called it 4-4-1-1 super class :D I have a standard version and a defend version which I used in difficult away games.

squadscaledci4.th.jpg

Finally I made no real transfer noise. I shipped Morientes and Zigic off since they wouldn't cope with my quick paced tactics. Brought in Ewerthon from Zaragoza as a backup for Villa and also brought in Caballero as a backup goalkeeper since in the new patch Hildebrandt is released and Guaita is just not good enough to even be a backup.

transfersscaledbi6.th.jpg

I have him on fwr runs often, run w ball often, longshot rarely, through balls mixed and crossing rarely. he's on team mentality and 14 creative freedom. He gets an absurd amount of 1on1s but this version of FM it seems that you will rarely score a 1on1 chance. since you dont play a formation with an AMC maybe try and have the wingers on through balls often unleash villa

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my first season on the 2nd place, 1 point behind Real Madrid. Won the Spanish Cup after penalties, lost in 1/4 final of the UEFA cup against Everton. Villa was extremely good, scoring 45 goals (of which 33 in the league). Marchena was my second topscorer, scoring 15 goals from corners and free kicks :D (had a lot of injuries with my strikers - especially Morientes) No special transfers, only bought Enyeama as back up for Renan.

However, in my second season a lot of transfers. Got rid of a lot of Valencia B players for 2 - 4 million, sold Hugo Viana and Zigic. Banega back after loan and got Bojan and Aquino for free. After a search for some talent in Romania I bought a talented keepers as 2nd back up and a DC (for future).

I won the Super Cup by winning twice against Real Madrid and I am currently 1st in the Primera Division.

My team:

GK - Renan

DR - Miguel

DL - Del Horno

DC - Albiol

DC - Marchena

MR - Joaquin (lot of assist)

ML - Silva (assist-king and lot of goals)

MC (defensive) - Baraja

MC (attacking) - Manuel Fernandes (scored a lot as well)

FC - Bojan

FC - Villa

However, a lot of unhappy players: (amongst others)Angulo, Curo Torres, Helguera and Edu. Also Morientes is injured again and with another injury of Villa I'm playing with Mata and Bojan up front. Mata is my current topscorer, so no complaining about him so far.

I'm thinking of getting rid of Edu, he is 32 and only playing when others are injured. Got Banega en Albelda as back up for Baraja and Fernandes.

But.. Van der Vaart is listed for 7 mil, so I'm thinking of getting him as 1st team player (in stead of Fernandes). Do you think he is worth it?

I also transferlisted Angulo and can sell him for 2 mil. Who should I buy as replacement (as back up for Joaquin)? Got 32 mil to spend if needed on some players.

Just finished my first season.

- Finished 4th in the league

- Won the Copa del Rey against Barca in the final

- Lost in the semi final in a penalty shoot-out vs. Marseilles

Wasn't active at all on the transfermarket. I played with update which means I had Thiago Carleto from 1. January.

I Received a lot of injuries which meant players like Maduro who was a back-up actually got a lot of games.

Team: http://i44.tinypic.com/2re1tat.png

Start 11: http://i40.tinypic.com/bgzktx.png

Mata did great upfront which was a good since Villa had a lot of injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've just started a new game with Valencia (patch 2.0.0) as they have some good players and look like a good challenge. From their squad and how they play irl I've decided to go with a standard 4-2-3-1 formation with wingers and attacking fullbacks. It seems obvious to me that David Villa and David Silva are the best players at the club and I will look to build a team around them. I think there is also a lot of deadwood in the squad, as well as little depth. I asked for more transfer money and a bigger wage budget and was granted them, I've been fairly active in the transfer market so far.

Transfers:

IN

Mario Balotelli, £10.5M

Lassana Diarra, £4.5M

Alberto Paloschi, £1.8M

Daniel Opare, £200k

Miguel Veloso, £12M

Stephen Appiah, free

(£29M)

Diarra and Veloso will be my CM partnership for this season. Balotelli will provide cover for AMR/AML/ST and should be a first-teamer in a couple of years. Opare and Paloschi have been signed for the future after hearing good things about them on here.

OUT

Hugo Viana, £2M (Hoffenheim)

Miguel Ángel Angulo, £1.7M (Celta)

Curro Torres, £500K (Reading)

Nikola Zigic, £5,25M (West Brom)

Pablo Hernández, Loan fee £525k (AEK)

(£10.5M)

I didn't think I would need/ use any of these players.

My first-choice team therefore is:

GK- Renan

DR- Miguel

DL- Moretti

DC- Raul Albiol

DC- Marchena

MC- Diarra

MC- Veloso

AMR- Joaquin

AML- Vicente/ Mata

AMC- David Silva

FC- David Villa

So far things have been going quite well, I'm 3rd in La Liga after 10 games, 2 points off Barca in first. My aim for this season is to finish in the top 3 and hopefully get to at least the semis of the UEFA Cup. The squad will need significant strengthening for next season if I am ot mount a serious title challenge though I think. Which areas would you advise me to strengthen in?

No-one else playing Valencia then? I'm in February now, still going pretty well, I'm 3rd in the league behind Barca and Real by a couple of points and 10 points ahead of Atlético in 4th. I have Rennes in the Uefa Cup. Bought Davide Santon for £2.5M over 24 months and loaned out Appiah for a future fee of £3.5M in January.

I’m thinking of having a crack with Valencia as I want to have a game in Spain that will be a moderate challenge, plus for some reason after reading up on their history a bit I’ve taken a bit of a shine to them!

So anyway, the two things I want to know are;

roughly what kind of transfer budget can I expect in season one?

If I achieve decent results (ie top 3 or 4 in league; strong run in Europe), what kind of budget can I expect in 2nd season?

And third, how hard is it to keep hold of Villa and Silva?

Answers to the above much appreciated chaps

I’m thinking of having a crack with Valencia as I want to have a game in Spain that will be a moderate challenge, plus for some reason after reading up on their history a bit I’ve taken a bit of a shine to them!

So anyway, the two things I want to know are;

roughly what kind of transfer budget can I expect in season one?

If I achieve decent results (ie top 3 or 4 in league; strong run in Europe), what kind of budget can I expect in 2nd season?

And third, how hard is it to keep hold of Villa and Silva?

Answers to the above much appreciated chaps

1- Not much at first but you can request higher transfer and wage budgets and they should accept. I ended up with a transfer budget of £21.8M and a wage budget of £724K a week after adjustment.

2- I should finish my season today or tomorrow and I'll come 3rd or 4th so I'll let you know what I get then.

3- Not very hard so far, I've had bids for Silva but he hasn't wanted me to accept any so it's been ok, no bids for Villa yet and they're both on very long-term contracts.

thanks for the feedback. I look forward to seeing how your season ends up and how much $$$ you get next year.

Are valencia supposed to move into their new, bigger stadium in 09 on the game? Surely that should help bring some extra cash in!

Finished a great second season a couple of days ago!

The league was a fight between me and Real Madrid, but in the end I ended up winning :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/t7bn9v.png

This year I almost had no injuries which meant I could play with the same 11 a lot of the times.

In the champions league Chelsea beat me in the semi finals, but overall a great season.

Marchena- good season mate, what is your first-choice team?

SEASON 1 REVIEW

Final league position- 3rd.

UEFA Cup - lost in the final 2-1 to Fiorentina, had Albiol sent off and conceded 2 goals from corners :(

Spanish Cup - lost in the 5th round 4-2 on aggregate to Real Madrid.

Overall I was pretty happy with my season, I achieved my goal of a top 3 finish and the board were pleased with the team's performance. I was disappointed not to win the UEFA Cup final though. My star players were definitely David Silva (highest avg rating, highest assists, 2nd highest goals) and David Villa (33 goals in 43 games).

Valenciaseason1manageroverview.jpg

Valenciaseason1leaguetable.jpg

Valenciaseason1squad.jpg

Valenciaseason1transfers.jpg

As you can see from the league table, I drew way too many matches. I think this could be solved with a better squad and importantly more depth next season so I think I should be able to challenge for the title. Areas I'm looking to strengthen in are:

LB- Vargas

CM- Hamsik, Kuzmanovic, Inler, Peter Barrett (regen)

RM/ LM- Marquinhos, Giovinco

Does anyone have any recommendations about who to choose from those players, as I've only had Marquinhos before? Also, if anyone could recommend any other players that would be great too. Cheers.

(I'll upload a ss of Barrett in a minute)

randommagician

Congratulations on your season, unlucky about the Uefa Cup. For the CM spot out of that list I'd say Hamsik, he's been excellent for me. That newgen Peter Barret looks not bad as-well.

LB - Look at Guilherme(sp) as-well.

ML - Di Maria is another option, Giovinco is also fantastic there.

MR - Marquinhos is ace, so I'd get him.

What sort of price can you get for those players?

randommagician

Congratulations on your season, unlucky about the Uefa Cup. For the CM spot out of that list I'd say Hamsik, he's been excellent for me. That newgen Peter Barret looks not bad as-well.

LB - Look at Guilherme(sp) as-well.

ML - Di Maria is another option, Giovinco is also fantastic there.

MR - Marquinhos is ace, so I'd get him.

What sort of price can you get for those players?

DL- Yep Guilherme looks good, I'd forgotten about him, thanks.

ML/MR- Di Maria doesn't look too great on my game so Giovinco is probably most likely atm, or Marquinhos as he was really good for me on the wing in my Lyon save. Matias Fernández is a possibility too.

Prices according to my scouts should be about:

Vargas £9M+

Guilherme £7.25M+

Inler- £15.75M+

Hamsik- £18.75M+

Barrett- £10.5M+

Giovinco- £11.75M+

Matias Fernández- £10.5M (release clause)

Marquinhos- £10M+

I'll only be able to afford either an AMR or an AML with my transfer budget, not both.

Archived