FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

Do you thing Aquino is better as aml or as a striker?

he is best as a striker, but can do the job as well on wings.

season 2 Update:

* 2nd in the leaugue behind Barcelona (they got over 100 pts).

* Won Spanish Cup.

* Won CL.

* Under 19's won leaugue and cup.

* Valencia Mastella got relegated second from bottom!

bought Aguero and Pedro Leon. to finally challange Barca.

Will try to send some good prospects to Mastella from youth teams when they reach 19.

on the look out for: Ruben de la red, Busquets and Pique for next season.

Seems Spanish Leauge is more or less between 3 teams. rest are easily beaten so there seems to be no room for draws or losses against other teams.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much for them?

Aguero cost me 44M over 24 months, Pedro Leon 4.5M straight away. prices in pounds btw.

Basquets has a 12.5M release clause.

De la red has a 21M release clause.

so I will pemper them hall season, and try to buy them start of season4.

Pique is a long shot he got 50M release clause.

End of summer transfer window at beginning of Season 3. Pedro Leon been great little signing. Like Turmania i'm aiming for the whole squad Spanish/Argentinian. Daniel Parejo is starting to come along nicely as back-up in centre midfield!

I took a look at Barragan, who's stats are not so impressive. Opted against signing him. As i previously stated fullbacks are currently problem position. Ilsinho (meant for stop gap for 1 year) looks to be stopping another year. Moretti is still hanging around also. I am considering retraining Ivan Marcano as Left Wing Back.

Just hoping for some good regens to come through in fullback positions.

I took a look at Barragan, who's stats are not so impressive. Opted against signing him. As i previously stated fullbacks are currently problem position. Ilsinho (meant for stop gap for 1 year) looks to be stopping another year. Moretti is still hanging around also. I am considering retraining Ivan Marcano as Left Wing Back.

Just hoping for some good regens to come through in fullback positions.

Baragan is a good back up for the right back, he cost me around 650k at the January transfer window as he was injured at start. he is a very good back up for cesar azpiliicuata(can never spell his name right). but you did state you lost out on him to real madrid.

try the argentinian guy in manchester city zabaletta or something. he can play in a variety of positions.

Marcano is solid as well. though never tried him as a left back.

bad news for me is that, I will restart the game on a new pc. good news it will go faster and I know what to do.

Do you thing Aquino is better as aml or as a striker?

I personally would play him as an AML for a good team such as Valencia, if he's one of the best players in the team I'd play him up front though so he makes the most impact possible. I say that coz I think there are a lot of other strikers in the game that are better and will score more goals for similar money/ wages, but not as many AMLs...

Me neither, I want to start (yet another) Valencia save and planned to buy Di Maria and then upgrade him to Aguero second season when I thought to myself "Why don't I just go for Aguero from the start?"

But looks like it's not happening, I can get a bid accepted of €46m over 24 and then another €16m after 30 league apperances (which I intend to pay), it will mean however, that I won't be able to get anybody else....

How much money do you get with Valencia on 9.03 1st season anyway..? I played a (short) game with Valencia on 9.02 and I seem to remember the transfer budget being not too impressive :eek:

Would be really helpful if someone could post transfer/wage budgets for the different targets :thup:

You get about €12m if you ask the board and the rest comes from selling players. I've managed to spend just under €100m in the first transfer window so make sure you plan ahead when you do your transfers.

And yeah, I plan on buying Aguero during summer of 2009.

Here are screenshots regarding transfers in an old Valencia save that I no longer play anymore:

valtransfers.jpg

and

valtransfers2.jpg

As you can see, I spent around 95m in the summer and 118m by January. You'll notice that most of my transfers in are over 24 months which means it only counts as 50% spent to your season transfer budget and most of my transfer outs were straight up cash which counts 100% towards the budget. So even though I sold only 44m in players around 35-40m of that was given straight to my transfer kitty whereas I when I spent 95m in the summer, roughly only 45-50m was deducted. Also, you can see Akinfeev wasn't signed for 27m but for 20m over 24 + 7m after 30 appearances which only counts as 10m towards my transfer budget.

The only downside is I'm losing about 4m a month for the next 24 months and an extra 7m that will be taken away once Akinfeev plays his 30th but it shouldn't be a problem since finishing top 3 in La Liga will give you 15-30m in TV revenue plus UEFA cup dividends which should balance you out more than enough for season 2.

I also want to add that yes, I'm playing on an edited database, but none of the players or financial aspects of any team has been touched. I edited solely to change team and competition names.

Edit: I ended up abandoning this save ironically because of the sheer number of transfers I made and how unrealistic it felt haha. Plus I didn't like a squad made up of the entire EU ala Inter Milan :thdn:

Wow thats a lot of transfers. :D

Yeah, that's why I quit that save :(

But it proved a good experiment in seeing how much I can sign without selling the spine of the team - 90m seems to be the limit. Still trying to figure out a way to squeeze Aguero in first season, hmmmmmmmm...

Season 3 and 7 games played with 6 wins, 1 draw and 0 defeats. Have yet to play Barca, Real Madrid or Atl. Madrid but have started brightly. Daniel Parejo becoming a valuable squad asset notching in for the injured David Silva with 3 goals 3 assists in 5 games. Began training Marcano as left wing back.

Has anyone kept hold of Aaron Niguez? If so how has he come along? And what tactics are you guys using? Created your own or using a template of one somebody has made?...

what tactics do you guys recommended useful for Valencia? I try to use Silva as AMC play behind Villa , and Mata at AML, Joaquin AMR, 2 MC what do you thinks? Or Should i use 1 DMC, 2 MC, 1 AML, 1 AMR ? Thanks for an advice! :D

I used the first tactic you mentioned with the same players, and it worked pretty well, Silva is amazing at AMC and David Villa plays well as a lone striker, after 2 seasons I switched to a 4-4-2 with AMR/AML though as I felt it gave me more attacking options.

I used the first tactic you mentioned with the same players, and it worked pretty well, Silva is amazing at AMC and David Villa plays well as a lone striker, after 2 seasons I switched to a 4-4-2 with AMR/AML though as I felt it gave me more attacking options.

How do you set Silva in AMC :-? , I prefer Silva play in AML . Do you guys give me some good AMC use in 1st season? Cheers :D

Was playing a Fiorentina save and started searching for wing forwards with good finishing/composure/pace/flair and was delighted to discover that more than half of the players listed were from Valencia :)

Really? That's good. Who was it then; Villa, Silva and Mata?

Playing as Valencia and it seems that Gerrard, Fabregas et al would all be extremely interested in joining the club. That seems a little strange to me tbh.

What season? What have you won? Fabregas, Torres, Segio Ramos etc were interested in joining Valencia after 4 seasons for me, but I had won the league 3 times and the CL once so that seems fairly normal to me. They weren't interested until after I won the CL anyway.

Thinking off starting a save with Valencia could anyone recommend a tactic for Valencia? thanks

When starting with Valencia i went for a 4-5-1 type formation. It had weird shape to it. 4 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder (right dmc position), 1 midfield centre (left midfield centre), 1 right midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder left, 1 attacking midfield centre and 1 forward.

Sorry if thats sounds confusing - as i say weird shape to it but did job for me. David Villa was awesome... Sign David Aquino - he became fantastic...

When starting with Valencia i went for a 4-5-1 type formation. It had weird shape to it. 4 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder (right dmc position), 1 midfield centre (left midfield centre), 1 right midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder left, 1 attacking midfield centre and 1 forward.

Sorry if thats sounds confusing - as i say weird shape to it but did job for me. David Villa was awesome... Sign David Aquino - he became fantastic...

Thanks but is there any specific tactic from the T&T forum i could use as am pants at making my own tactic

Just wondering if people get Villa to place shots or any other PPM's? thanks

I've always taught Villa places shots but he scores tons either way, don't really notice a difference. On some saves I'll have him forget Likes to be offsides depending on my tactic, but he's basically brilliant as is.

What season? What have you won? Fabregas, Torres, Segio Ramos etc were interested in joining Valencia after 4 seasons for me, but I had won the league 3 times and the CL once so that seems fairly normal to me. They weren't interested until after I won the CL anyway.

See that's the thing, this is the very first season. I haven't even played a game yet.

Hi everyone.

Just started my first game with Valencia (usually play Liverpool).

Played 6 games so far, won 5, and I'm currently 2nd after Barca. Using a 433 tactic, like the one Barca use.

With 1 DMC, 2 MC, 1 AML, 1 AMR and 1 ST.

Players out so far:

Edu 3.3 mil (euro) - Monaco

Del Horno 2.3 mil - Athletic

Maduro 3.3 mil - Ajax

Angulo 1.8 mil - Valladolid

Torres 1.4 mil - Valladolid

Viana 2 mil - Fulham

Renan Loan - PSV

Players in:

Asenjo 9 mil

Sakho 10.75 mil

Veloso 11.5 mil

(and Zuculini is joining in january for 210k).

It's going very well so far, we've been scoring alot, especially Villa of course. However we haven't encountered any tough resistance yet. Btw, what tactic do you use to counter Barca? They seem very hard to beat.

Anyway, my first team XI is good but there's not much back-up. The squad is very thin at the moment and we'll have a hard time if any injuries comes along, especially on Villa (you hear me God?!)... Silva is out 4-5 weeks now but Mata, and Vicente, is doing a good job. When january comes along I'll hope for some transfers funds, or some sales (or both), and get at least a full-back, a striker and maybe another AMR.

I'll keep you updated when we're half through the season.

Chao.

Tactics: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4752/valenciatactics.jpg

valenciatactics.th.jpg

Transfers: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5695/valenciatransfers.jpg

valenciatransfers.th.jpg

LIGA BBVA: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/296/valenciabbva.jpg

valenciabbva.th.jpg

Good transfers mate, and a good start to the season.

Thanks.

Veloso has been the best signing so far. He's been performing very well from he's first game. Played him as DMC first but he's been better as MC where he's been scoring some. Asenjo is my first choice keeper but he's made some mistakes so far. However he's just 19 so... He'll be a great keeper someday.

It's funny that At. Madrid as only conceded 1 goal in 6 games in my save, compared to irl where its more like 6 goals in 1 game...

Archived