FM 2009: Valencia CF: Los Che

the--dud

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you looking for spanish or any nationality??
any nationality would be okay, but i'm just looking for a decent back-up, which means he don't have to be that good. currently looking at xabi prieto but real sociedad want at least 10m for him. :confused:

meanwhile, the transfer window is still open. i signed carlos diogo for 1.2m and joe mattock for 2.4m

Lost In Spain: My first season was very similar to yours, I also comfortably finished 3rd in the league and had good cup runs (inc. UEFA Cup final). I used the same 4-5-1 formation as you, with Silva and Villa as my stars. My second season was also following the same path, I couln't quite keep up with Real and Barca, which was beginning to frustrate me. I was drawing too many games I should have been winning and relying on Villa and Silva too much, so in January I took the decision to change to a 4-4-2, a formation change being something I would never normally do in FM. However, this change proved successful, I strengthened my strikers with the addition of Laurito and later Aguero, and started playing Balotelli up front, and we were only 3 points off 1st in the end. I stuck with the 4-4-2 and won the league in the 3rd and 4th seasons, before I stopped. I would recommend this change if you can afford to bring in some quality stikers.

I read your posts earlier in the thread, and a change to 4-4-2 is something I've considered over both summers so far. My teams usually play that way, if I've got the players for it.

My problem is that I'm not sure Mata's suited to playing up front, and he's not going to get in the team ahead of Silva on the left. He was outstanding last season, and when he's in the same team as Villa and Silva, we seem to be able to get results anywhere.

My current season is going even better than the previous two, but if I fall apart again, there'll certainly be a tactical re-think. I already have Marquinos and Aquino, but I'll have the money to go out and get a Torres or Aguero in the summer, and start playing someone else up there to give Villa some support. In fact, this might be the final hurrah for the 4-5-1 anyway, because I do want to bring in a genuine star, and the other areas of the team are all looking very solid.

any nationality would be okay, but i'm just looking for a decent back-up, which means he don't have to be that good. currently looking at xabi prieto but real sociedad want at least 10m for him. :confused:

meanwhile, the transfer window is still open. i signed carlos diogo for 1.2m and joe mattock for 2.4m

How much are you looking to spend?

How much are you looking to spend?
after making all those purchases, i'm now left with 9m. i might be looking to sell either vicente or silva to fund for c.ronaldo. i just can't get silva to perform for me. however, mata's doing well on the left wing. :)

After falling apart badly last season, and not being able to cope with injuries to key players, I decided we needed a huge clearout over the summer. A deal was already agreed for Witsel, and before the window even opened there were some pleasing offers for other players that I wanted rid of. I negotiated Milan’s offer for Joaquin up to £20m, and the money just kept rolling in from there. I even managed to offload Vicente, after he’d turned down several moves early in the window.

Outs:

Witsel - £17.5m

Joaquin - £20m

Marchena - £6.5m

Fernandes - £7.5m

Vicente - £5m

Saviola - £7.5m

Pedro Leon - £8.5m

Medel - £3.5m

Carleto – Loan (£575K fee + £3m agreed fee)

Perez – Loan

Ins:

Aquino - £5.75m

Adu - £7.5m

Raul Garcia - £9.75m

Cazorla - £9m

Fazio - £20m

Valencia - £18m

Fulop - Free

Zubar - Free

Piatti - £2.8m

Chevanton - £425K

Mabena - £150k

With the money that came in from surprisingly big offers for Joaquin, Witsel, and Saviola (a massive profit for someone who’d only performed well in cup games last season), I was able to replace them with quality, and concentrate on bringing in players that I wouldn’t be afraid to play in big games, if my current stars were injured. I think there’s some real bargains there, especially Garcia, Cazorla, and Aquino, who all had low release clauses. Marchena’s poor form, not to mention his awful discipline, prompted me to spend big on a centre-back. I was caught between Sakho, Richards, Gonzalo Rodriguez, and Fazio, but opted for the latter because he was by far the cheapest of the elite defenders I’d shortlisted. Adu was a gamble, but he’d been playing well for Benfica, and his attributes look good for either playing out wide, or filling in for Silva in the hole. Chevanton, Zubar, and Piatti, were cheap options brought in to provide extra cover in case of a severe injury crisis, while Fulop came in to warm to bench, and hope that Renan picked up a knock (something he hasn’t done in two years). Lastly, Mabena is a decent 18 year old prospect (who's already clocked up a handful of appearances for South Africa), and was found somewhere that I always like to scout; Ajax CT.

Line Up:

GK - Renan/Fulop/Ramos (Regen)

DR – Azpilicueta/Santon/Zubar

DL – Mathieu/Inxausti (Regen)

DC – Fazio/Prieto (Regen)

DC – Albiol/Alexis

MC – Camacho/Albelda

MC – Veloso/Garcia

AMR – Valencia/Cazorla

AML – Mata/Marquinos/Piatti

AMC – Silva/Adu

FC – Villa/Aquino/Chevanton

I felt the squad looked much stronger than last season, especially with Marquinos, Santon, Azpilicueta, and Inxausti having improved massively in the last 6 months/year. With stronger back-up in every position, and Fazio providing (hopefully) more defensive solidity than Marchena, I was very optimistic that we’d be able to stay the course better this season.

Again, we got off to a flying start in all competitions, and this without Mata, who’d been ruled out for the early months of the season, and Veloso, who struggled with his hamstrings throughout pre-season, and on and off until the turn of the year. A 4-1 thumping of Villarreal in the opening game of the season, and wins over Barca and Atletico in the league, and over Milan in Europe, were the highlights. We didn’t lose until our 22nd game, which was a tough outing away against Milan, after the Champion’s League group had already been won. There were worries though, as Valencia, who’d made an impressive start, was ruled out for four months, and after September, Villa was to hardly play until the turn of the year. Last season, we couldn’t cope with Villa’s injuries, and with other first choice players struggling, the pressure was on the squad players to carry on the good form.

Like last season, our only defeats in the next 20 games came in cup competitions, as Villarreal edged out the reserves in the first leg of the fifth round, only to be sent packing in the return. Barca once again proved too good for us in the semis, notching 1-0 wins in both legs. There was also a shock defeat in Europe against Celtic. Despite dominating the game, we suffered a 2-0 away defeat. There was a fantastic turnaround at the Mestalla though, as we ran out 4-0 winners. In the league, we’d been winning games handily, and Barca’s poor start had already seen them ruled out of the race by January. By the time European football started again, we had a healthy lead over Real, the only team that could catch us at the top.

A blip around the time of the return leg against Celtic gave Real hope, as we only managed a draw against an average Sociedad side, and Barca inflicted a first league defeat of the season on us. We seemed to have got it back together, but after a great 3-1 win at Old Trafford in Europe, we slipped up again in the league, losing to Racing. We finished United off at the Mestalla, but slipped up again against Zaragoza, allowing Real to close the gap to nothing, with a chance to leapfrog us if they could win at our place. They never looked like doing it though, and a 2-1 win for us meant that we again had a three point lead, plus the upper hand in the head-to-heads. The title was ours to lose going into the last five games. We also had a Champion’s League semi-final against Arsenal to look forward to.

The run-in started brilliantly, with a 1-0 win in the first leg of our semi, and a seven goal thrashing of Osasuna. The old fears of choking re-emerged though, as SI’s “super” Arsenal hammered seven past us, and we suffered a hangover in the following game, going down 2-1 in Bilbao. Real were back level, and our confidence looked shot. It was a patched up side that turned it around for us again, coming back from a goal down to win 4-1 at Espanyol, before David Villa thrashed Sevilla 4-0. Real had drawn their penultimate game, leaving us only needing a draw against already relegated Numancia to pick up our first title since Benitez. In the end, it was routine. The game was settled early on, and we’d overhauled the big two.

Plenty to be pleased with this season, as we finished with a massive 97 points, again reached the semis in the cups, and recorded some great wins along the way. Villa was again the star, scoring 39 from 42 appearances, but Veloso’s 12 goals and 11 assists, the performances of Valencia, Marquinos, and Cazorla, and with Mata, Albiol, and Silva showing their class for the third season in a row, all help immensely. We’re also in a fantastic financial position, so I can go out in the summer and pick up one, or maybe two, genuine superstars so we can push on and try for European glory.

after making all those purchases, i'm now left with 9m. i might be looking to sell either vicente or silva to fund for c.ronaldo. i just can't get silva to perform for me. however, mata's doing well on the left wing. :)

If it's someone who's only going to be third choice, then you could maybe go for a stop-gap like Rufete. If you want a prospect, how about someone like Krivets (who seems to be highly rated around here), Marvin Angulo (who always does a good job for me, and is usually dirt cheap), or even Sisi (who I think has a buy-back clause).

If it's someone who's only going to be third choice, then you could maybe go for a stop-gap like Rufete. If you want a prospect, how about someone like Krivets (who seems to be highly rated around here), Marvin Angulo (who always does a good job for me, and is usually dirt cheap), or even Sisi (who I think has a buy-back clause).
ok. thanks for all these suggestions. :D

Great season Lost in Spain, well done on winning the league. Great price for Cazorla too, I think I paid about £25M for him. You're definitely right about how much money you get with Valencia after a few seasons and when they're in the new ground, you get loads. Not quite like irl...

Hi, Im going to start a new game with Valencia, and I was wondering what formation is the best, I was thinking 4-2-3-1 but I was wondering if maybe 4-3-3 works better?

Are there any players I should bring in right from the start? i am looking to makie the squad as Spanish as possible with a small South America population, though no Brazilians.

i'm feeling very frustrated right now. my team just can't seem to win, home or away. it's the same everytime. i score first and the opposition just comes back and thrash me. it's been 3 games consecutive and it's against teams such as betis. why is this happening? i did not change much on tactics and players i use. this is just so frustrating.

I usually get a slump in form for some games in February/March on most my saves. Doesn't really matter which tactics, team, league or players I've got. Used to get the same on FM08&07 as well I believe...

Great season Lost in Spain, well done on winning the league. Great price for Cazorla too, I think I paid about £25M for him. You're definitely right about how much money you get with Valencia after a few seasons and when they're in the new ground, you get loads. Not quite like irl...

Cheers, I thought I was going to fall apart again though.

Cazorla was a strange one, Villarreal weren't playing him at all (even though they're struggling), so I thought I'd put in a cheeky bid. I didn't think I'd get him for that low a price.

Best make the most Valencia's money while we can, it's going to be a tougher start when 10 comes out I reckon. Financial problems, stadium delays, and no Villa or Silva. Hard going.

oranjearmy, try checking your assman feedback. He's mentioned a couple of times on my save that players are looking complacent in the warm-up or having trouble motivating themselves to play for me, and they're things you can fix in press conferences, team talks, or player interactions.

I could be just a blip though. Like the--dud, I seem to have little dips like that at different times with different teams. It might just be something you can get through if you stick at it.

hey guys, started a Valencia save this morning and I am using my own tactic, which is a 4-4-2 with AMR and L. In my pre-season friendly drew 3-3 with Chelsea. Made two signings off Canales and Zuculini. Any major advice for me? cheers guys

okay i'll do that, but at the same time drop some players such as miguel and moretti. chasing the league, with 69 points in 24 games. second in the league, with barcelona having 70 points. i guess i need to clear out those players whom i don't need in the summer :D

hey guys, started a Valencia save this morning and I am using my own tactic, which is a 4-4-2 with AMR and L. In my pre-season friendly drew 3-3 with Chelsea. Made two signings off Canales and Zuculini. Any major advice for me? cheers guys

i would suggest maybe selling miguela and buying azpilicueta, so you can keep the team younger, also try and get a young striker like keirrison in season 2, or buy him in season one but let the transfer go thru at the beginning of the 2nd season.

also youll need to sort out some central midfielders because i personally think that angulo and baraja cant cut it after 1 seasona nd maduro isnt good enough, try signing alberto zapater from zaragoza for about 2-3 million and keep an eye of athletic, if they get relegated you can sign javi martinez for around 8 million or else your looking at paying around 16.5million to get him.

Hi Guys,

Just started a Valencia game in pre season at the moment, has gone quite well, I cant seem to shift Edu or Angelo for love nor money. So I have been unable to buy anyone at the moment, and I just still have the same squad as when I started, hopefully I can get through the first season okay, least I am predicted to finish 6th. Should be achievable if I dont manage to buy anyone. I have 900,000 to spend but thats not going to get me much!.

Finished my 1st season with Valencia, first time I've ever managed them. 3rd in the league behind Real and Barca and winning the Spanish Super Cup, Spanish Cup and the UEFA Cup. Had a little help from the tactics forum I must admit. I used the Beautiful Game tactic for 9.3. Really fits in well with the squad you start out with. Now in a new stadium with 75,000 capacity, hopefully this can provide me with more spends so I can tweak and push for the title....

Just an update on my game, beat Real Madrid in first leg of Super Copa, 2-0 at home, so hopefully this can be my first trophy of the season :).

Nice win. :)

Finished my 1st season with Valencia, first time I've ever managed them. 3rd in the league behind Real and Barca and winning the Spanish Super Cup, Spanish Cup and the UEFA Cup. Had a little help from the tactics forum I must admit. I used the Beautiful Game tactic for 9.3. Really fits in well with the squad you start out with. Now in a new stadium with 75,000 capacity, hopefully this can provide me with more spends so I can tweak and push for the title....

Congratulations with your first season. :thup:

Decided to stay Spanish and ditch my Barce save and attempt to save Valencia! As is pointed out the team is actually very good, you just need to keep the players and then get them to perform!

Anyhow, just started and looking at a standard 4-5-1 with my AMR/L cutting in on occasion but mostly staying on the wing's and crossing. Its the one thing I love about Valencia is that they have possibly the best Wingers in the game. Anyhow, my starting line-up is looking something like this at the present moment.

GK - Renan / Cesar

RB - Miguel / Torres

LB - Moretti / Del Horno

CB - Alboil / Alexis / Marchena

MCd - Albelda / Baraja

MC - Baraja / Silva / Fernandes / Viana

AMR - Joaquin / Hernandez

AML - Vicente / Mata

FC - Villa / Morientes

As you can see I haven't actually changed the squad at all outside of getting rid of a few players I felt were surplus to requirements and were taking up the wage-bill which I really needed to reduce. Those were Edu, Maduro and Angulo.

Anyhow, going into the season in a few moments, so I'll let you know how I get on! ^_^

heyy guys, is it just me or does David Villa stop scoring? May sound like a stupid question, but im only in january hes on 18 in 23, granted thats alot but he was on 10 for 5 games, now how can u only score 8 in 18 after that amazing start.

I haven't played Valencia in years so I'm up for a go here. used up some of the budget to fund a wee clear out of the staff and signed up some (cheap) coaches.

From existing players I will try and sell off the ones that are already out on loan and Angulo. No plans to splurge unless I can get Santon or Fleck on a deal, but I have promoted Ximo Navarro and Thiago Carletto, so i might let Del Horno go to fund the purchase of one or the other.

Playing (or will be) a barca style 4-3-3

Renan

Miguel Albiol Marchena Moretti

Albelda

Baraja Silva

Joaquin Mata

Villa

Progress as it happens!

i would get rid of moretti instead of del horno, ive never really had moretti play well for me, unless he fits your tactic then by all mean keep him.

Have faith in carleto, he becomes a pretty useful left back given the opportunity

So far half way through my first season and Villa is scoring for fun. He is sitting at 27 from 24 appearances but the goals seem to be drying out as team's are starting to figure us out. Silva, Vicente and Joaquin are all firing away as well with 31 assists between them and sharing 14 goals as well, with Silva taking 9 of them. So everything seems to be going well.

Been given Valladolid in the fifth round of the Spanish Cup and PSG in the First Knockout round of the Euro Cup so looking positive on the cup front.

Right now sitting comfortably with Barcelona and Madrid atop the table. Played 20 games and gotten 49 points from them winning sixteen, drawing one and losing three (losing to Madrid and Barcelona away) which is quite nice considering the circumstances. Madrid have the best stats at the moment winning 18 and drawing two, so they have only dropped two points and Barcelona have dropped 5 losing one and drawing two. So third place definately looks sealed up which I'm pretty happy with. Hoping to maybe get a good run of the results my way and possibly take second but we will have to see!

i would get rid of moretti instead of del horno, ive never really had moretti play well for me, unless he fits your tactic then by all mean keep him.

Have faith in carleto, he becomes a pretty useful left back given the opportunity

Moretti currently playing ok and did manage to shift Del Horno. Did buy though:

tfs.jpg

Pre season has gone well and won first league game away at Villareal

fixtures.jpg

Transfer window closed, registration closed - on to victory! I hope.

Hi I am approaching the winter transfer window of my 1st season and I have £19m to spend. I could do with another central midfielder, preferably Spanish and I was wondering who the best options are. I was thinking of bidding for Javi Martinez or Alberto Zapater, but are there any other players that I should consider?

Camacho from Atletico Madrid? he looks good, will try and get him! Thanks!

Edit: Got Camacho for £4.3m and will get Zuculini for £250k.

My Squad is:

GK: Renan / Cesar

DL: Del Horno / Moretti

DR: Miguel / Azpilicueta

DC: Albiol / Maduro

DC: Marchena / Alexis

MC: Albelda / Camacho / Zuculini

MC: Fernandes / Baraja

AML: Mata / Vicente

AMC: Silva / Mata

AMR: Joaquin / Pablo Hernandez

ST: Villa / Morientes

I was going to put in a £8.25m for Asenjo and get him at the end of the season, is there anybody else (Spanish/Argentinian/Uruguayan) you would recommend trying to get now?

Camacho from Atletico Madrid? he looks good, will try and get him! Thanks!

Edit: Got Camacho for £4.3m and will get Zuculini for £250k.

My Squad is:

GK: Renan / Cesar

DL: Del Horno / Moretti

DR: Miguel / Azpilicueta

DC: Albiol / Maduro

DC: Marchena / Alexis

MC: Albelda / Camacho / Zuculini

MC: Fernandes / Baraja

AML: Mata / Vicente

AMC: Silva / Mata

AMR: Joaquin / Pablo Hernandez

ST: Villa / Morientes

I was going to put in a £8.25m for Asenjo and get him at the end of the season, is there anybody else (Spanish/Argentinian/Uruguayan) you would recommend trying to get now?

Squad seems to be taking shaping up nicely, what about Laurito?

I wanted to link my account to a different email address and decided to start a new account at the same time, didn't like my old screen name either.

No problem, was just curious.

Renan is good enough IMO so I wouldn't bother with Asenjo unless you want to keep the team only as the above 3 nationalities. I agree with Hopey's Laurito suggestion also.

I haven't played Valencia in years so I'm up for a go here. used up some of the budget to fund a wee clear out of the staff and signed up some (cheap) coaches.

From existing players I will try and sell off the ones that are already out on loan and Angulo. No plans to splurge unless I can get Santon or Fleck on a deal, but I have promoted Ximo Navarro and Thiago Carletto, so i might let Del Horno go to fund the purchase of one or the other.

Playing (or will be) a barca style 4-3-3

Renan

Miguel Albiol Marchena Moretti

Albelda

Baraja Silva

Joaquin Mata

Villa

Progress as it happens!

I would definitely play Silva at either AML/R instead of MC, you want him on the ball high up the field as much as possible, he can exceptional when used well.

Well I took your advice and swapped him over with Mata. Played better up there without a doubt.

8 games. 8 wins however injuries (thanks a bunch SI) look like decimating the squad and my chances:

Albiol 4 weeks

Baraja 4 months

Vicente 3 weeks

Silva 3 months

Morientes 3 weeks

Villa 5 months

Hope the tea lady can play up front :o

@POtemkim..

Wow, that's a lot of injuries.. Hang on there man.. Good luck with your game..

I started again my Valencia save.. Repeat again from 08-09..'

In:

-Marcano

-Azpilicueta

-TOulalan

-Moutinho

-Enyeama

-Camacho

Out:

-Edu

-Marchena

-Maduro

-Viana

-Miguel

-ect ect

Result: 3rd in La Liga, Euro Cup Winners, Lose to Madrid in Super Cup, SPanish cup runner up

Start 2nd Season :

In:

-Balotelli for 8 million pounds.. A bargain that I cant ignore..

-Asenjo

-David Prieto

-Xabi Alonso

-Arbeloa

Current Squad :

-Asenjo

-Enyeama

-Albiol

-Marcano

-David Prieto

-Ayala

-Alexis

-Arbeloa

-Azpilicueta

-Del Horno

-Toulalan -

-Moutinho

-Camacho

-Xabi Aloso

-Abelda

-Sunny

-Joaquin

-Mata

-SIlva

-Hernandez

-Villa

-Ballotelli

NOt bad.. I have only Moutinho, Toulalan, Enyeama and Ballotelli for my non Spanish player..

Ready for season 2 !! Let's go !!

Lone Gooner, personally I would decline and wait for a bigger offer if you are going to sell him. However he is a 4star, iirc, so he is half decent for your first season while u have no cash, but i warn you, for me he has had ALOT of cards!!

Thanks Clarky10 :-),

I decided to ask for more funds which the board gave me £11m, I have sold Edu, Angulo, Maduro, and I had a combined total of £13m to spend, I signed Aleksander Lukovic from Udinese for £3m (good cheap centre half or left back, Serbian), Fabian Assman backup keeper to renen and I am not impressed with Cesar (£550k Argentinian), Davide Santon £1.7m, and Michael owen £5m from Newcastle, I think could be good bit of business if he stays fit. I have another £3m to spend but dont know who I can get maybe midfield needs bolstering.

Any suggestions?

Hey people,

i need some help with my valencia team. the first two seasons i slowly built them up at won a lot of cups. Now in the third season they seem to be doing worse than ever. I was just wondering what the best tactic is for my team and also what changes i should make to them.

Theres going to be a few changes as ive sold dzagoev and bought cardozo.

valenciasdfhgf.jpg

Have a look in the Valencia thread, there should be some tips on players too buy and how good the existing players are. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58836

Also if your looking for a successful tactic too download or just some general advise on how to make/improve your tactics look here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=18

Archived