FM09 4321 Tactic based on FM08 Oxford from BSP to EPL

hi knap

using this tactic with liverpool 19 games in won 18 drew 1 in the league

won all champs league matches so far against psv juventus and standard

into league cup semi final

the only thing is fernando torres has only got 3 goals and steven gerrards performances have been poor my team is

Reina, Dossena, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Higuain, Mascherano, Riera, Gerrard, Defour, Torres

Thanks for the tactic thread but is there anyway torres will score more

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi knap

using this tactic with liverpool 19 games in won 18 drew 1 in the league

won all champs league matches so far against psv juventus and standard

into league cup semi final

the only thing is fernando torres has only got 3 goals and steven gerrards performances have been poor my team is

Reina, Dossena, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Higuain, Mascherano, Riera, Gerrard, Defour, Torres

Thanks for the tactic thread but is there anyway torres will score more

Which tactic you use? 4-4-2 tweaked DLV196pst?

dextra

I will let you sort the transfers out first. Apart from 9 EPLs with Spurs, Oxford was the most enjoyable FM08 team ripping up the BSP, great fun.

I will look at striker issue but have no noticed with the 442. In FM08 Torres tended to prefer FWD runs often and RWB Often.

Wijnand

Still testing this version but played 2 won 2 games with Spurs so hoping will work with mid table (I wish).

opul

I don't do defence, just tend to take may chances on staying attacking, so if you find a good SUS provide a link.

2 basic types based on team instructions. The only minor modification is with closing down. The next version is almost ready but still making minor tweaks and starting to test in BSP to check if appropriate for lower leagues.

2 basic types based on team instructions. The only minor modification is with closing down. The next version is almost ready but still making minor tweaks and starting to test in BSP to check if appropriate for lower leagues.

Good work knap, cheers m8

knap

i am still using your 4-3-2-1 from 08 with rusden and i am still getting some good results p6 w5 l1, but the defence dont look no where as compact in the 08 version any suggestion to make the defence tighter. By the way, i went all the way to the premiership with aldershot on the 08 tactic, that was a great tactic

Had a game crash setting up Oxford for lower league testing.

Tim

Removing fwd runs is usually all I would do, although if FM08 with a top team I found pushing right up worked.

benno

Are you using the 4321 with the DM making a 41221? I will be looking at this formation and a few others once the 442 is sorted.

Atm I have a 97pt 98pt (zonal marking) and 100pt (man marking) 442, just trying to decide which to release.

The best no arrow formation I had in FM08 was a 99pt (442), so not sure I can push a formation beyond 100pts in FM09.

Either just depends on what marking system you prefer and maybe quality of players. I did not have an issue with man marking on fullbacks in BSP in FM08 but in FM09 I'm testing with Chelsea and Spurs and have yet to test with Oxford in lower leagues.

I'm a bit more concerned about creative freedom and free roles in lower leagues.

I always just play my game (no tweak) let the opposition worry about my players, which is the key part getting the best players, the tactics are just a platform.

View based on FM08 is that keeping the same tactics helps in the long run, and changing tactics for each game leads to a disjointed season.

Even with Chelsea I dropped DL to current position, and will look at this when playing Oxford.

As you can see from tables posted the tactics, are not just one off results they consistantly make high pts totals, but with a very good squad. As far as I am aware the original tactics are working at BSP level.

I will give them a try knap

Im trying to fit marcelo ,modric, bently, polombo, baloletti and arshavin all in my team so been trying other stuff out ok but yours seem more consistant.

been using

Marcelo==polombo==modric==bently

=======Balotteli==arshavin=====

Modric playing poor

I prefer zonal 98pts but set up the same as 100pts apart from marking but all should work for Chelsea.

I'm chopping and changing tactics with Spurs just trying to see how things work rather than results but again my preference is zonal, and is the tactic I'm still trying to improve.

Right been using knap's 4-4-2 with Oxford and first season Predicted 4th and with no money to spend just loans and freebies i ended up finishing the season like this...

scr1449588nm2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Also winning the FA Trophy 2-1 against AFC Wimbledon and Conference Cup 2-0 against Stevenage even managed a 4th Round FA Cup display against QPR taking them to a replay and eventually losing but still was impressed, Beating Hereford and Crystal Palace along the way! Hopefully can carry on into 2nd season Cheers knap!

Either just depends on what marking system you prefer and maybe quality of players. I did not have an issue with man marking on fullbacks in BSP in FM08 but in FM09 I'm testing with Chelsea and Spurs and have yet to test with Oxford in lower leagues.

I'm a bit more concerned about creative freedom and free roles in lower leagues.

For average and lower league team I prefer the tweaked 442 DLV1 96PST, right?

Free roles are for top teams.

Any one test the zonal mark 98pst and man mark100 pst with a lower league team?

Right been using knap's 4-4-2 with Oxford and first season Predicted 4th and with no money to spend just loans and freebies i ended up finishing the season like this...

scr1449588nm2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Also winning the FA Trophy 2-1 against AFC Wimbledon and Conference Cup 2-0 against Stevenage even managed a 4th Round FA Cup display against QPR taking them to a replay and eventually losing but still was impressed, Beating Hereford and Crystal Palace along the way! Hopefully can carry on into 2nd season Cheers knap!

Which tactic you use?? DLV1 96 pts , zonal marking 98 PTS or the MAN MArking 100PTS???

Please let me know.

after quite a few games with ManU (442 zonal), I am getting a few unfortunate losses... biggest problem is the attacking MC, who regularely gets ratings below 6, no matter who I use. Might try to tweak that one a bit.

another question arises with corners... while I win a LOT of corners I haven't managed to score from a single one. seems like a DC cannot hit the goal with a free header on the 5yard box.

Corners are down from FM08 but you should get about 10 a season. If you find a better corner routine let me know.

I will have a look into MC but if you find a good adjustment I can retest.

I will also try to provide another link apart from filefront.

Archived