FM 2009 Bargain Buys

Guest roberto922

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i second di maria, he's a beast

and if he hasn't been mentioned already, acosta from sevilla

can buy him for 6 million or get him on loan and he looks like a great winger already but will get even better.

also, belleti is usually transfer listed at chelsea so you could pick him up for a cut down price and he's very versatile.

lassana diarra is another one, got him for 5 million on my game :D

Without a doubt the best player (although mentioned over and over again) is Giuseppe Rossi! this man is incredible.... got a release clause of £9.25 million and is simply fantastic!!

Another player is David Luiz, i got him for £7.5 million and he is a class CB! seriously recommended for all premier league teams! he is better than he was in 08!

Dean Parret Tottenham U18 has the potential to be better than Lassan Diarra can be got through compensation along with Bostock which could turn out to be fairly costly.

Diego Lugano - Fenerbahce very good defender and can be signed for around £4m he was my alternate after not being able to tempt that guy from seville

The "other" Yakubu (the CB not ST!) :p

In all seriousness, I snapped him up for £1.2m from Vitesse. He look absolutely rock solid... If he had +1 or +2 on his Physical and some of his Technical stats he would be a god. But even so, how much better can you get for £1.2m? He also has a personality of Perfectionist which I've not seen too often :thup:

2yv53tj.png

anyone else seen Gerson the 15 year old CB from Gremio?! looks like a possible star?

Yeah I spotted him earlier today while looking for Douglas Costa. Look at his teammate, Rafael Carioca. 5 star potential according to my scouts. I'll hopefully get to January later on today so I'll see what Costa's potential is like through my coaches.

Martin Caceres can be picked up for between 1.9m and 2.9m on loan.

You can get him on loan for free...

Bit stupid really. Bid £12m and they'll reject it. But offer £2.5m to get him on loan with a £9.5m future fee and they accept...

Dean Parret Tottenham U18 has the potential to be better than Lassan Diarra can be got through compensation along with Bostock which could turn out to be fairly costly.

Yeah I found them too. Problem is that Lassana Diarra has a 2 star potential...No Spurs youngsters have 5 star potential according to my scouts, but Bustock is probably the best one there.

Another player is David Luiz, i got him for £7.5 million and he is a class CB! seriously recommended for all premier league teams! he is better than he was in 08!

Yeah I came across him earlier while looking for proper good cheap centre backs, which is rather difficult on this game. Best 5 I've come across are Gamberini, Caceres, Zapata, Fazio and David Luiz. Mertesacker and Mexes both 4 stars as well, said to be leading stars for any team, but good luck signing them.

In the Italian game, Felipe is said to have 5 star potential but he doesn't show in the English game so I don't know how he compares with Premier League defenders.

By the way, if anyone wants a quality RB for £10m, Davide Santon of Inter. 5 star potential, 17yo.

Kroos and Camacho are fantastic young 5 star potential central/attacking midfielders, while Ramsey, Wilshere, Vela, Clichy, Fabregas and Walcott are 5 star potential at Arsenal. Giovani dos Santos and Modric both have 5 star potential for Spurs.

Fausto Rossi is already mentioned in this thread but he has 5 star potential, as does Giovinco (amazing in FM08) and Jovetic.

Name: Roberto Junior Fernandez

Club: Cerro Porteno

Position: GK

Nationality: Paraguay

Work permit?: Needed and passed (dunno how though, Only 4 youth caps!)

Value: £50k

Bought for: £50k

Just give him a quick check, not bad for a back up Premiership keeper or First team Championship keeper.

Name: Victor Moses

Club: Crystal Palace

Position: AMRLC, FC

Nationality: English

Bought him for Villa for £1.1mil, looks pretty decent for 17, 5 star potential and potential to be better than Carew.

Name: Macauley Chrisantus

Club: HSV

Position: Striker

Nationality: Nigerian

Work Permit?: Yes, but granted without the need for appeal

Bought For: £1.4mil

Also bought for Villa. 6 star potential, has the stats needed to become a pacey finisher.

Can anyone find Promise Isaac on the demo? Because he looked pretty good at the Olympics but i can't find him on the demo.

Roberto Junior Fernandez gets a work permit to come to Leeds too!

A couple more surprises with work permits:

Carlos Tordoyo a £70k bargain from Bolivar who has 6 youth caps but gets his permit.

Marcos Caceres a r/b snip for £110k from the same club as Senor Fernandez. He has 2 caps for Paraguay but gets his permit.

Roberto Junior Fernandez gets a work permit to come to Leeds too!

A couple more surprises with work permits:

Carlos Tordoyo a £70k bargain from Bolivar who has 6 youth caps but gets his permit.

Marcos Caceres a r/b snip for £110k from the same club as Senor Fernandez. He has 2 caps for Paraguay but gets his permit.

I bought Caceres too! Though at like twice the price... I really should have negotiated!

Ah well, at 200k he's still a bargain!

The "other" Yakubu (the CB not ST!) :p

In all seriousness, I snapped him up for £1.2m from Vitesse. He look absolutely rock solid... If he had +1 or +2 on his Physical and some of his Technical stats he would be a god. But even so, how much better can you get for £1.2m? He also has a personality of Perfectionist which I've not seen too often :thup:

281156.jpeg

Cheers for that, I was going to bring in O'Shea for £3.3m but this has saved me £2m. Looks outstanding for the money.

Also brought in Julio Cruz (Inter) for £575k and Fuentes (Villareal) for £450k. Both in their 30s but excellent value for money.

ok, i dunno about Bargains... but these players are all looking like hot prospects:

Levan Kenia

Jack Wilshere

Lamine Gassama

Djamal Bakar

Stephane Ruffier

Aaron Ramsey

Delfouneso

Dean Parrett

Danny Welbeck

Kazenga LuaLua

Keirrison

Archibald-Henville

Marquinhos

Sakho (again)

Feghouli

Alan Dzagoev

Douglas Costa

Coutinho

Danny Rose

Paulo Henrique

Jose Baxter

Eden Hazard

Lautaro Acosta

Sergio Asenjo

Jack Rodwell

Oscar (from Sao Paulo)

Gai Assulin

Nicolas N'Koulou

Henri Saivet (obviously)

Hope some of these help!!

Loic Nester - isnt far from potential to be better than terry

Gervinho - potential to be as good as lampard

Cabare - potential to be better than essien

Zakarie Boucher - potential to be better than cech

Nicolas N'Koulou - isnt far from potential to be better than terry

Djamel Bakar - potential to far exceed Higuains ability.

i bought N'koulou and Bakar and both are pretty sweet to say the least!!

but still, my favourite youngster is Levan Kenia he is looking seriously good at the moment..

oh and Willian from Shaktar isnt far from being as good as lampard!! £6million for him and gonna be a steal..

willian does look good as does that fernandiniho who man city have bought on my game for just over 10m

Camacho is probably one of the biggest prospects in spain and i got a scout report to say he has potential to be much better than essien :o!! maybe one of the games -10's?

Archived