Shaping the next Cantona : A French journey

Slipky

219px-AJ_Auxerre.svg.png

Shaping the next Cantona : A French journey

Ever since I've won the CL on a save with Uniao De Leiria, after a brace from homegrown player, Victor Gil, I have failed to reproduce the same success with other youngsters on different saves.
So, similar to @LPQR's journey with Stuttgart in FM16, my save will focus on developing youth and creating a homegrown / French side. I've picked AJ Auxerre, a club with a great academy in real life.
The likes of Eric Cantona, Philip Mexes and Djibril Cisse are all prospects of AJ Auxerre. I'm aiming to continue this "tradition" of producing world-class players in FM as well.

f3c2bd27fc6dbb4fc0408bf4d2192b0e.jpg
Cantona. Trying to shape the youth into that kind of players.

Manager Profile:

4e9b51d531cf46fcbcc04407ee2f9b18.png

Victor Gil, the Leiria born striker has taken over!

Club History:

8e8c134bfe8b5f0a840a98a600281eba.png

Stadium:

870x489_abbe-deschamps-auxerre.jpg

Owned by the club, the 21,379 all-seater Stade de l'Abbé-Deschamps is the place we're going to call home for now.

Squad Overview:

c747f71401ce5a6ac068fb897c4be444.png

Feel free to request profiles.

Season Objectives:

- Get the younger players proper tutoring and playing time.
- Improve our youth recruitment and junior coaching.
- Maintain healthy finances.

Pre Season :

e8692672579850df2955feaa94ad138c.png

Not a bad pre-season. Minimal losses to Toulouse and Shakhtar, a win agains Ivry and a 2-2 draw made the pre-season quite decent, in my opinion.

Transfers :

d98722922ac64aec6842db0173875a5e.png

Having loaned Enzo Zidane at the end of June, his ability in the league resulted in us splashing cash over him and bringing him over permanently instead of the 2 year loan that was agreed.
Zidane also has Professional personality, so he's definitely a future tutor.
Another player I'm happy to bring in is Julien Laporte, a 22 y/o central defender with promising stats.

All in all, a solid transfer window. Still trying to get rid of the non-french players.

Tactic :

bffc9ce037d5e643ada98bf325f617aa.png

We're playing some kind of 4-5-1, fluid mentality, Control / Attacking mentality.

Heavy midfield rotations due to the mass of talent I have there.

League :

3851dddbf21d77ba9d50be3f3df59791.png

Not a bad start. Had some 90th minute losses which pissed me off but all in all we're doing quite well right now.

Promising prospects so far :

Samed Kilic - The central midfielder took the chance given to him seriously and he's one of our best midfielders at the moment.
Enzo Zidane - His form made me sign him permanently, and I do not regret it.

League Table :

3ddac3a5a12ce1f1759e8aa0d16b5ca1.png

1 hour ago, CST_DLVCCH said:

Mind if I ask what skin you're using? Good luck!! Really considering starting a youth academy challenge do you know any teams besides Auxerre I could use?

Sorry pal, didn't see the question. I use this :

As for your second question, I'd use any team with a proper facilities, or simply any team that I wish to spend a long time at. This isn't how a proper youth academy challenge goes, but you can look at the rules here :

------

Mid January Update

League :

0c8d2373a6da27a84297267e7aa5adf9.png

Decent results. Our midfielders are in great form, and the rotation proves efficient.

7d8cba18f115375b788b6cb7f0885288.png

We're laying in 4th after 21 games, not bad. We have the most efficient attack in the league, but our defense is way weaker then I'd like it to be.

Transfers :

8cef5fad85b921a03cbfcf99c0c294bd.png

We've signed two Lyon players, Gaetan Perrin and Mathieu Gorgelin, in addition to Yoann Etienne, a promising left back from Monaco.
While Perrin and Etienne were bought to develop them, Gorgelin's arrival was due to Boucher's average performance and the interest he attracted from other teams. He's due to move to Dinamo Zagreb, for 750,000.

Tacalfred, Hardy Binguila and Obraniak were all sold or released due to the club's new policy of French only players. Satli was loaned out too after picking a cap for the Algerian national team.

Youngsters watch :

Samed Kiliç - He's simply amazing. 11 goals, 5 assists so far, and he's only 20. Also won player of the year.

Enzo Zidane - His record is 6 goals and 10 assists so far. Justifying the 775,000 that went down the drain for him.

Brahim Konaté - The 20 y/o midfielder is one of the pleasant surprises this season, bagging 4 goals and 3 assists so far. His development is encouraging.

Florian Ayé - Originally just a backup for Courtet, Ayé took his chance when offered to him, and took his position in the starting lineup with 10 goals. I'd rather let him enjoy the 1st team experience anyway :)

Youth Candidates, 2016/2017 Season :

96334f1fe63691d1c19abacf494ca0c0.png

53849f5f3c088a07c1bf3d3e6486ab0f.png

I'm very happy with this intake.

- Ugo Orengo : Looks like a very solid defender. With 'Professional' personality, I see great future for him.

- Mehdi Al-Hadi : Once again, a very good prospect to his age. He's magnificent, I hope something will come out of him.

- David Roussel : My HoYD think he could be one of the best players of his generation? Well, we'll see about that.

Loïc Galland : A promising CM, I think I can get him to be much better with the right tutoring.

AJ Auxerre

Season Review - 2016/17 - AJ Auxerre

6947c38b713af12ad950139935730048.png

Ligue 2

3ac0aef7d526847214abe4dde8375ada.png

A magnificent season. I didn't expect this outcome myself. Since January we've caught an amazing run of form, and clinched the title!

Florian Ayé was magnificent as well, as he scored 23 goals to take the top goalscorer award. Enzo Zidane supported with 17 assists to his name.

Player Stats :

48afc0605826025947e2cf289e6dab90.png

Total domination by Auxerre. Top quality stuff.

French Cup

10th round is what I was expected to reach, so nothing wrong about it.

Coupe De La Ligue

I'm geniuinely disappointed. But if it helped us focus on the league, I won't complain.

End of Season Awards :

7c92ac7d1f2b69ff6cbcf00e81dea5f8.png

Player of the Season : Definitely Florian Aye with his amazing breakthrough this year. If not that, I'd give the award to Enzo Zidane or Samed Kilic.

Signing of the Season : Mine would definitely be Enzo Zidane. 7 goals, 17 assists is something amazing for a players' first year in a club.

Young Player of the Season : This award goes to both Samed Kilic and Florian Aye who showed their improvement consistantly.

Season   League                  Cups                              Continental                    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auxerre (France)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17     Ligue 2 - 1st	10th round, 2nd round			None.			CHAMPIONS!       

• 2 weeks later...

Archived