Unusual AI formation

12 hours ago, eriktous said:

Interesting.

What tactic were you using?

Nothing out of the ordinary. A 4-1-2-2-1. I was trying stuff out so can't really remember roles and instructions, but nothing strange.

If the AI does do more variation in formation and tactics then that is really cool.

3 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

AI seems to be more proactive in FM17. I saw the Roma formation as well. Also seen 4-3-3 with 3 out to out strikers. 

I've come across the narrow 4-3-3 very often, already in FM15, usually when I was playing 4-2-3-1 with a high line, and it destroyed me so often that I struggle to resist the urge to change to a 5-5-0-0-0 formation and fast forward to the end of the match whenever I encounter it now. It frustrates me so much that I'm unable to counter it with normal alterations to my tactic.

12 minutes ago, eriktous said:

I've come across the narrow 4-3-3 very often, already in FM15, usually when I was playing 4-2-3-1 with a high line, and it destroyed me so often that I struggle to resist the urge to change to a 5-5-0-0-0 formation and fast forward to the end of the match whenever I encounter it now. It frustrates me so much that I'm unable to counter it with normal alterations to my tactic.

That is quite cool actually, because the best way to counter a high defensive line is to have guys forward ready to chase balls over the top from the defense. In that case, you should probably drop deeper to cut off that line of attack, and exploit the space that there must now be on the flanks and in midfield.

Archived