[FM17][SKIN][RELEASE] TCS 2017 v1.4 | v1.5 Preview

TCSSkin

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Alvios1973 said:

Downloaded but no city pics... I've downloaded also the flut citypack but nothing happens... I can see city pic on the background (1) and not under the stadium pic (2)

Can someone help me please?

Thx

Alvios

problem.png

What logo pack are you using? Go into your graphics folder, rename the city folder to AAACitys. Let me know if that helps.

6 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

What logo pack are you using? Go into your graphics folder, rename the city folder to AAACitys. Let me know if that helps.

My logopack is really old, they are still Shiny ones... Now i'll try thx :)

Edit: I've tryied but nothing changes... i've renamed the folder as u said but doesn't worked and for security i've deleted logos directory but nothings changed :(

Edit2: Ok, solved the clue:

1. The citypack HAS to be the Vitrex citypack (adapted from Flut) thx to @D_LO_ for this ;)

2. The city dir HAS to be in C:\..........\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\TCS 2017 1.2a\graphics\pictures

Now it works perfectly! Thx and really great job m8 :)

solved.png

2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Have you got the vitrex city pack? (adapted by flut)

Also have a look at the vitrex comments on fmscout, I'm sure I've seen others with similar issues (and I'm sure it was to do with the graphics folders... )

No, i've downloaded the Flut citypack... Now i'll give a look. Thx

15 minutes ago, prot651 said:

many setbacks, crashes and stress   ... mmm not sure i would take the chance on my game .... looks too busy

Heh, that was all work on the beta mate, before I could get my hands on the official files. I assure you that everything is working fine without an issue. I have 300 hours on FM 17 and haven't had one crash!

16 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

What's this comment based on may I ask? Seems extremely unfair and dismissive of someone's time and hard-work, which speaking from experience, I know the creator spent a lot of. 

My opening post, written for humour when I first released the skin on day one.

22 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

What's this comment based on may I ask? Seems extremely unfair and dismissive of someone's time and hard-work, which speaking from experience, I know the creator spent a lot of. 

If the game he has made crashed alot then in my opinion only i would not play it , if i was selling you a car and i said its had lots of problems but its now fixed would you buy it

38 minutes ago, prot651 said:

If the game he has made crashed alot then in my opinion only i would not play it , if i was selling you a car and i said its had lots of problems but its now fixed would you buy it

Right.

When I began making this skin and the post was made, it was during the beta. In the beta, the resource archiver wasn't released meaning if you wanted a specific panel or widget, you needed to guess where it went, if the panel was in the wrong folder, it could crash the game.

a) I'm sure this was fixed by SI in a patch.

b) Since I now have access to the Resource Archiver, guess what? I know where everything goes meaning it won't crash.

If you don't want to use the skin because your worried about a crash that I, nor have the 7000 people that have downloaded the skin, have had, feel free to **** off and not come back.

Hypothetically, if FM 18 crashed a lot during the beta, but the crash was fixed almost instantly, would you never play the game again?

Updated OP with v1.2a.

-------------------------------------

Hi Alvios, sorry to hear you are having this issue. Are you definitely using this code?

<record from="CLUB ID" to="graphics/pictures/club/CLUB ID/logo/background/left"/>

And it's definitely in the right config file?

6 hours ago, Alvios1973 said:

Hi, Merry Xmas to all!

I've a problem adding new city pics. I've created new pic,  edited the config.xml, cleared the cache and reloaded the skin... But it doesn't work :(

Thx

Alvios

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Updated OP with v1.2a.

-------------------------------------

Hi Alvios, sorry to hear you are having this issue. Are you definitely using this code?

<record from="CLUB ID" to="graphics/pictures/club/CLUB ID/logo/background/left"/>

And it's definitely in the right config file?

Hi bluestillidie,

Yes, it's the same form of the stings before. I can't understand

newcity.png

On 23/12/2016 at 05:00, D_LO_ said:

Your analogy falls flat on it's face because skin-makers DON'T GET PAID. There's nothing tangible in it for skin makers, they should be encouraged not criticised.

Whenever I don't like a skin (or anything come to think of it) You know what I do I don't download it nor do I leave an unnecessary, critical opinion with no constructive purpose.. novel idea, huh.

TCS works 100% fine btw, just like the previous two/three versions and has a slick design akin to Vitrex and CFM, two of the most popular skins out there. 

I totally agree with that to be fair,used to be one myself moaning about stuff left right and centre,these lads do us all a favour remember!!! Good work mr skinmaker ;)

17 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Just following on from the above, make sure your picture is the right format, i.e. not JPEG or JPG or within the file/picture name.

I had an issue adding players backgrounds and the above was the issue (.png or .jpg always works for me although as I say shouldn't be within the file name) 

@D_LO_ & @wkdsoul: yes i've done the pic in the same format of the Vitrex adapted from flut: 400x240 px and the same extension *.jpg. It's really strange :D

5 hours ago, Alvios1973 said:

@D_LO_ & @wkdsoul: yes i've done the pic in the same format of the Vitrex adapted from flut: 400x240 px and the same extension *.jpg. It's really strange :D

This is for Varde IF i take it? What are you trying to add, a city pic or a background??

You posted the code for backgrounds but quote the size for a flag, 400x240 from Vitrex?

the code for the city pic in Vitrexs pack (the map style is         <record from="565" to="graphics/pictures/nation/565/flag"/> .

20 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

This is for Varde IF i take it? What are you trying to add, a city pic or a background??

You posted the code for backgrounds but quote the size for a flag, 400x240 from Vitrex?

the code for the city pic in Vitrexs pack (the map style is         <record from="565" to="graphics/pictures/nation/565/flag"/> .

No, it's for Taranto, a squad of Lega Pro (3rd division in Italy) I want to add a city pic. The size of the entire Vitrex city pack adapted is 400x240

I don't have that code, in my Vitrex pack the city pics are as the attachment before... The config file is right, infact the other city pics are right for dimension.

14 minutes ago, Alvios1973 said:

No, it's for Taranto, a squad of Lega Pro (3rd division in Italy) I want to add a city pic. The size of the entire Vitrex city pack adapted is 400x240

I don't have that code, in my Vitrex pack the city pics are as the attachment before... The config file is right, infact the other city pics are right for dimension.

Are you using the mettalic logo pack from Sortitoutsi? 

16 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Are you using the mettalic logo pack from Sortitoutsi? 

No i'm using still the Shiny logo, but i've deleted the every background dir in it.

Now i've seen that the ID code in the config file is not the same of the cities... (ex. Cagliari, as city pic has the 1114.jpg code, meanwhile in the editor is 477). I think is for that reason that the pic doesn't show in the panel. But i don't know where to find the code for the city pic

16 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Just for clarity (as I'm already in editor) Cagliari's ID is 1114 so that is correct, 477 is Viktoria Plzen. Taranto's is 2224. 

I've the original DB and as Unique ID of Cagliari i have 477 :eek:. You mean club name Unique ID? Because if u mean the club ID is the same problem. 2224.jpg is already in the Vitrex pack, but it doesn't work.

cagliariID.png

• 2 weeks later...

bluestillidie00 thanks again!

I'm a little bit upgraded over your skin.:)

But I would like your help on how to reduce the club logo and forms or make them smaller? And change the top bar text to white and then the colors of the club are the same?

In other colors the clubs by and large correct. Thanks for any help!

Sorry for my English:)

Spoiler

01c82c2f6e09a97fcd81588ce99da573.png

as an example other clubs

d922e5fc7ec6df66bd967ff5e82caf7c.jpg

368b47043b5f4a8336b78d01e8d22fa6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: All but finished the Bundesliga scoreboard, kind of.

Basically no matter what I do, I can't stop the team name from recolouring, I've tried @D_LO_'s advice of changing the fonts xml file and various other things unfortunately it hasn't worked.

It will be in v1.3 but as an [ALT] file basically. If anyone wants it and can get past the font issue, it's free too use :)

Gladbach v Dortmund_ Pitch Full.png

Stuttgart v Leverkusen_ Pitch Full.png

If you want the text to stop recolouring, then in widget that calls the team name add a font="<FONT>" bit, then create an xml file with that <FONT> name in your fonts folder and paste in the following gradient code:

<integer id="gradient_upper_margin" value="20"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_margin" value="0"/>
    <integer id="gradient_curve" value="0"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

Then just set the upper and lower RGB values to the same and it should override the recolouring code.

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you want the text to stop recolouring, then in widget that calls the team name add a font="<FONT>" bit, then create an xml file with that <FONT> name in your fonts folder and paste in the following gradient code:

Then just set the upper and lower RGB values to the same and it should override the recolouring code.

D_Lo_ suggested  that but it didn't seem to work. I'll go retry it now.

Just tried and it worked for me, though if its a blank xml file rather than one taken from another font you may need to add some more info so the full file should look something like:

<record>

<string id="file_name" value="fonts/ProximaNova-Sbold.otf"/>

</record>

Heres a quick example with the text gradient changed to green (and the club backgrounds removed):

capture_001_20012017_141355.jpg

Still not working for some reason Michael

vWfX9fr.jpg

This is the code I am using.

<record>

<string id="file_name" value="fonts/buli.ttf"/>

<string id="capitalisation" value="upper case" />

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="30"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="30"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="30"/>

</record>

It's the alpha value, you need to set that to 255 as at the moment you are setting it to ~85% transparent so the team colour is showing through it, if you increase the alpha values that will make your gradient more solid to override the team colours. (If you want some of the team colour to show you don't need to use 255).

4 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's the alpha value, you need to set that to 255 as at the moment you are setting it to ~85% transparent so the team colour is showing through it, if you increase the alpha values that will make your gradient more solid to override the team colours. (If you want some of the team colour to show you don't need to use 255).

I'm an idiot, thanks so much for the help Michael! 

49BrBFJ.jpg

What coding have you used to move the scoreboard to the right, it might be getting confused and looks like its putting it on the wrong side of the inset especially if you have linked it to the skysports logo. (Or you could try deleting the animation code from the scoreboard widget to see if that is the problem - if it is you might need to mess around with some of the values in the animation code, as the animation code might be shifting it more to the right as the default code assumes it is on the left of the screen.)

On 21/01/2017 at 13:57, michaeltmurrayuk said:

What coding have you used to move the scoreboard to the right, it might be getting confused and looks like its putting it on the wrong side of the inset especially if you have linked it to the skysports logo. (Or you could try deleting the animation code from the scoreboard widget to see if that is the problem - if it is you might need to mess around with some of the values in the animation code, as the animation code might be shifting it more to the right as the default code assumes it is on the left of the screen.)

I changed the match full window.xml, this is the code I've used.

<widget class="match_titlebar_panel" id="MHDr" file="match/match title bar score Bundesliga" height="50">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="23" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="50" />
  </widget>

I've no idea why it is doing that, doesn't look like its an animation problem as it still does it with the animation code removed, it just doesn't seem to set the position correctly when set to the right on first going to a match. You can try raising it as a bug but as it doesn't happen when its on the left I doubt it will be fixed.

I'm not sure if there are any other skins that have moved it to the right, if so you can see how they fixed the problem.

A fairly messy solution is to leave it on the left but add a blank container to the left of the scoreboard in the match titlbe bar score file and set that to use up the rest of the room, so the game thinks its on the left but the images will display on the right thanks to the blank container.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I've no idea why it is doing that, doesn't look like its an animation problem as it still does it with the animation code removed, it just doesn't seem to set the position correctly when set to the right on first going to a match. You can try raising it as a bug but as it doesn't happen when its on the left I doubt it will be fixed.

I'm not sure if there are any other skins that have moved it to the right, if so you can see how they fixed the problem.

A fairly messy solution is to leave it on the left but add a blank container to the left of the scoreboard in the match titlbe bar score file and set that to use up the rest of the room, so the game thinks its on the left but the images will display on the right thanks to the blank container.

I'll take a look at it, cheers for the help Mike!

1 hour ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Looking good, when will it be ready for release? I quite like the player screen

Still got a bit to do, then adapt it for a higher res. At least three or four days, Probably a week or so

• 2 weeks later...

Some scoreboards I've been working on.

For certain reasons only the Sky Sports (Credit to @D_LO_) and BT scoreboards will be in TCS v1.3. This is due to the other scoreboards using code or graphics from other skins and even other games (Credit to PES 6 Kitmaker and Graphics Wizard Daniel__Juve for the UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga Scoreboard graphics) while the Premier League scoreboard was made using FIFA 17's graphic while using the code from @DimitriFromParis's Vitrex scoreboard.

This was merely a post to let you know why TCS v1.3 has taken so long, aiming for a release tomorrow.

Scoreboards!.png

14 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

That Champions League score-board might just be the best one I've seen over the last couple of years. Certainly in terms of realism, the shading, etc. is spot on. 

All credit goes to Daniel__Juve for that one, he made the graphic, I just split it up and coded it :p

Archived