Build Your Team World League (GAME Thread)

Never really understood the PM system, but should have sent the Kits folder link as well. I have removed backgrounds wherever required, but in future, make it a point to post kits without backgrounds(It is easy to do use the transparency wizard here.

Those who have not uploaded logos and Kits till now, if you want help you can ask for it on sortitoutsi website as they have dedicated threads for fantasy logos and kits

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But before I move there I want to know what you all think would be great for next season. Do we want to turn this into an interactive game? If sufficient enough members want this it will be an interactive part between season (like at the stage we are now) around 29th/30th of june every year. It will then be a one time opportunity to do certain changes to the club, and also be possible to sign some freshly made players.

But its all up to you if you want this addition to the challenge?

Friendly reminder about this, would like to hear the views from the reminding 9 managers. Sankalan was for, I am up for it, vikeologist reminds whether he can see the information properly or not which I am trying to sort out a solution for.

And Friendly reminder to you Earl to upload competition IDs.;)

I will, sorry didnt have time yesterday. At work now, so I will post them as soon as I get home for the day.

What the Hell?How did Messi Get attracted to Van Gaal more than Enrique? Do not know about the game but I already See you as a rival. Now be a Good rival and create a logo. I would like to see who I am fighting against.

Ha, will do - though it'll be a Paint job unless you have any other programmes to suggest?

Just rereading the first page and a reply Earl gave to a certain question of mine made me rethink something.

You said a lot about game importance and reputaion etc. But what I meant was this entry in the editor

l9RLMr3.png

Did you change it?

Just rereading the first page and a reply Earl gave to a certain question of mine made me rethink something.

You said a lot about game importance and reputaion etc. But what I meant was this entry in the editor

l9RLMr3.png

Did you change it?

I am not sure actually if this was changed, I will look into it later when I have time.

Okay, will make a separate folder for your team.

And nice to see that Red is your Primary Colour. Because that is the Colour my team hates(see the first post about my team, and it was there since before your team was founded ;))

Okay, done and sent Earl a PM

btw, did you make that entire thing in paint only? Great job, if you did(And Kautilya will be very angry for my praising you).

Okay, will make a separate folder for your team.

And nice to see that Red is your Primary Colour. Because that is the Colour my team hates(see the first post about my team, and it was there since before your team was founded ;))

Fantastic. It's always fun to have an arch nemesis!

I am okay with an interactive format if that's how things transpire.

Also - I see that The Chief's got 15 points - I know 5 were for highest avg attendance, is it possible to find out what the other 10 were for?

The other 10 points are for beeing the most valuable club in the world. Their value is 1,7B pounds, while second best team is Real Gunners with 900M pounds, I think the screenshot is in a previous post.

btw, did you make that entire thing in paint only? Great job, if you did(And Kautilya will be very angry for my praising you).

I took a generic logo from google and edited it myself in Paint

Sankalan 2 matters.

1. The logos for La Celia won't show in the game. Reading from the config.xml file the logos are named graphics/pictures/team/XXXXXX/logo

While for the other teams its: graphics/pictures/club/XXXXX/logo

Maybe this is whats causing it?

2. The kits you made, I was too slow to download them and the folder is gone :( sorry my bad!!!

1.Yes, that must be causing it. FMXML does not allow kits and logos in the same folder. So, made the file for kits and copied it, somehow overlooking that mistake. Have to ask you to change that.

2.Okay, I will reupload. Expect a PM soon

Although the response for interactiveness between season has not seen to many replies there has been no "negative" feedback. So I am thinking: Well lets give it a go.

First: vike do you have any upload sites for screenshots or flittering that works for you? Or if not I might actually be able to email you the screenshots. I could have sent the savegame file buts its too big for my email system. But we will find a solution for you for sure.

So interactive session will take place between every season at 29th/30th of June after scoring for last season was completed.

A chairman can only spend the amount of cash available in the clubs Bank Balance and never go into "red figures"

So far the following action can be made:

Sack the current manager if the game has not already done that - cost: 15M pounds one time fee.

Sack 1 player that you don't want to keep in the team - cost: 10M pounds one time fee. (Only 1 player per season)

Increase stadium capacity - cost: 2,5M pounds per 1000 seats IF you have expansion capacity. 7,5M pounds per 1000 seats IF you do not have expansion capacity.

8 new players will be put in an auction pool - Highest bidder gets the player. A chairman can only have 3 active bids at one time, so maximum is 3 new players. If one bid gets outbid you might bid for a different player. If a players doesn't receive any bids that player will retire immediately. Players will generally be young and prosperous but between age of 16-25.

4 new staff members will be put in auction pool - Highest bidder gets the staff member. Maximum 2 bids per chairman. If the staff member is a manager the sacking fee still applies if the team has a current manager. Otherwise same rules as for player pool.

The players and staff, will be revealed here with age, position/job role, current ability, potential ability, height and weight, and strengths and weaknesses. Strengths will generally have an rating of 15-20 , and weaknesses a rating of 1-9. All other attributes will be set to random. This is so that I the gamester can't know exactly how good the player is my self.

All changes must be written here clearly stating what you want to do and the cost for this and new bank balance. (Check last season update for current bank balance.) And it must be done before GMT 16:00 on monday 18.april 2016 the highest bidder at this time will win the auctions. (I am at work at this time and it will be hard for me to make bids around closing time. GMT is the time in this forum when you see the time for a post made here. Currently its 2 hours less than Central European Summer Time.

Players and staff for the first auction will be posted here in a few hours time.

Ooh exciting.. I'm content enough with my manager, stadium and players - I will, however, be tempted to bid on a player or two when they get released.

...I just know that if I put in an early bid, someone else will top it.

GMT is the time in this forum when you see the time for a post made here.

Err, No. Here is how your last post appears to me:

ah5UYTj.png

Vik, Just checked that using Proxy servers/VPNs are not illegal in China. Could you maybe look for a proxy site that lets you see images?

Err, No. Here is how your last post appears to me:

ah5UYTj.png

Vik, Just checked that using Proxy servers/VPNs are not illegal in China. Could you maybe look for a proxy site that lets you see images?

OK! Then its something with my settings that doesn't let me se my local time as your post states 14:28 for me while it was actually 16:28 local time when you made that post. But time will be 16:00 GMT on Monday. I am sure people can check and find their time according to GMT. (GMT is not the same as local time in London right now as they have British Summer Time)

Players and staff for auction

Player 1

Story:This young lad from northern England can track his ancestors way back in time when they came from the Scottish Highlands. He has made a sudden break-through into professional football at the age of 18. His attributes makes him look more like a latin-american players and some even makes suggestion he looks like a young Lionel Messi. His ability is not 1st team material just yet, but he might become a big gem in the future.

Name: David Gerr

Nationality: English - 2nd Nationality: Scottish

Age: 18 years old - Position: Striker (SC) - Current ability: 109 - Potential ability: 179

Current wage: 10.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 4 years - Height: 167cm - Weight: 61kg

Strengths: Acceleration, Pace, Balance, Composure, Work Rate, Finishing, Passing

Weaknesses: Heading, Tackling, Jumping Reach

Player 2

Story:The next player is already an established good player. He has 11 International Caps and has been voted Best Player of his home league in South Korea. At 24 years of age he has several good seasons ahead of him playing on the left-flank.

Name: Heung Min Park

Nationality: South Korean -

Age: 24 years old - Position: ML/AML - Current ability: 164 - Potential ability: 168

Current wage: 66.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 2 years - Height: 171cm - Weight: 67kg

Strengths: Agility, Stamina, Dribbling, Crossing, Passing, Flair, Work Rate

Weaknesses: Heading, Tackling, Positioning

Player 3

Story: For some reason this player has not found a club lately. He is considered the best Right-Back in the world already at the age of 21. He starred in the last ACON and has won 19 caps for Cameroon already. Growing running to and from school in Africa he has all the physical attributes a good wing-back needs and will rule the world of football for the next decade.

Name: Effo Chaumberyang

Nationality: Cameroonian -

Age: 21 years old - Position: DR/WBR - Current ability: 189 - Potential ability: 193

Current wage: 180.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 3 years - Height: 183cm - Weight: 79kg

Strengths: Acceleration, Pace, Stamina, Tackling, Positioning, Marking, Dribbling, Crossing

Weaknesses: NONE

Player 4

Story: An experienced midfielder from Manaus in Brazil but with Portuguese ancestors this guy has spent all his career in Brazilian top league so far. Now he wants to test waters in the World League. He has never played for his country yet, but maybe the experience in the World League can give him the international call up that he wants.

Name: Carlos

Nationality: Brazilian - 2nd Nationality: Portuguese

Age: 25 years old - Position: DMC/MC - Current ability: 171 - Potential ability: 172

Current wage: 110.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 2 years - Height: 184cm - Weight: 82kg

Strengths: Strength, Stamina, Aggression, Tackling, Positioning, Work Rate, Team Work, Passing, Heading

Weaknesses: Pace, Finishing, Long Shots

Player 5

Story: This young gem from Mexico has just appeared on the international screen. He plays best as an advanced playmaker, but can also drop deeper into central midfield position. He is bound to get a chance with the Mexican Olympics team in the coming time, but still he needs to be nurtured into the star that he can be in the future.

Name: Javier Campino

Nationality: Mexican -

Age: 17 years old - Position: MC/AMC - Current ability: 87 - Potential ability: 196

Current wage: 7.500 pounds per week - Length of contract: 5 years - Height: 171cm - Weight: 68kg

Strengths: Stamina, Flair, Technique, Passing, Long Shots

Weaknesses: Marking, Aggression, Determination

Player 6

Story: One of the best talents to come from Oceania for quite some time. A very tall central defender who is bound to win every aerial duel he gets into. Still a bit of the quality for a 1st team position, but could become a crucial team member for any team in the future.

Name: Joe Hurt

Nationality: New Zealander -

Age: 18 years old - Position: DC - Current ability: 112 - Potential ability: 172

Current wage: 20.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 4 years - Height: 197cm - Weight: 91kg

Strengths: Tackling, Marking, Strength, Heading, Jumping Reach

Weaknesses: Acceleration, Flair, Technique

Player 7

Story: Why has no one ever heard of this guy? Probably because he has been hiding in the farm in a small village in Philippines. Playing football and basketball together with a lot of farm work has made him skillful and agile. Despite being by far the best player in his country he hasn't picked up any international caps yet. But now he is prepared to give football his 100% loyalty and commitment.

Name: Cristian Mologamba

Nationality: Filippino -

Age: 22 years old - Position: Striker (SC) - Current ability: 178 - Potential ability: 188

Current wage: 95.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 2 years - Height: 183cm - Weight: 77kg

Strengths: Acceleration, Balance, Agility, Anticipation, Finishing, Passing, Technique, Dribbling

Weaknesses: Aggression, Long Throws, Professionalism

Player 8

Story: A young promising goalkeeper from the States. Has a lot of good qualities already and can be a future star. But can he compensate for lack of height?

Name: Bryce Dean

Nationality: U.S.A. -

Age: 19 years old - Position: GK - Current ability: 101 - Potential ability: 179

Current wage: 10.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 5 years - Height: 176cm - Weight: 75kg

Strengths: Handling, Command of Area, Aerial Ability, Reflexes, One on ones, Positioning

Weaknesses: Eccentricity, Jumping Reach

Staff 1

Story: A good coach who emphasis on attacking and technical football. Not so fond of working with youths.

Name: Jorge Borini

Nationality: Portuguese -

Age: 42 years old - Role: Coach - Current ability: 156 - Potential ability: 179

Current wage: 5.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 3 years -

Strengths: Attacking coaching, Man management, Technical coaching

Weaknesses: Judging Potential Ability, Working with youngsters

Staff 2

Story: A scout who has seen it all, can track lots of good players to your club..

Name: Pete Harper-Wood

Nationality: Welsh -

Age: 46 years old - Role: Scout - Current ability: 187 - Potential ability: 189

Current wage: 8.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 3 years -

Strengths: Judging Potential Ability, Judging Current Ability

Weaknesses: Motivating

Staff 3

Story: An experienced manager. One of the best in the game, but know to make some controversial decisions. Enjoys the 442-formation.

Name: Visavashi Virjani

Nationality: India -

Age: 52 years old - Role: Manager - Current ability: 185 - Potential ability: 192

Current wage: 50.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 3 years -

Strengths: Judging Current Ability, Defensive coaching, Tactical Knowledge

Weaknesses: Controversy

Staff 4

Story: A young promising assistant manager. Good at spotting talents, maybe doesn't have all the ability yet, but no real weaknesses.

Name: Matthias Mahmer

Nationality: German -

Age: 34 years old - Role: Assistant Manager - Current ability: 131 - Potential ability: 188

Current wage: 15.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 3 years -

Strengths: Man management, Judging Current Ability, Judging Potential Ability, Motivating, Discipline

Weaknesses: NONE

Let the bidding begin, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Aha, well I want to bid but it seems silly going first - unless it's a silent auction.

Now, but if you bid once, and someone outbids you, its just to bid again. (And you can have bids for 3 players at a time, and 2 staff members.)

"My target in the auction is not to strengthen my team, but to make sure that everything comes at a price for La Celia"

Drinking his morning tea and thinking this thought, Anayjit Kautilya read through the latest draft of players. And then he noticed something.

Player 7

Story: Why has no one ever heard of this guy? Probably because he has been hiding in the farm in a small village in Philippines. Playing football and basketball together with a lot of farm work has made him skillful and agile. Despite being by far the best player in his country he hasn't picked up any international caps yet. But now he is prepared to give football his 100% loyalty and commitment.

Name: Cristian Mologamba

Nationality: Filippino -

Age: 22 years old - Position: Striker (SC) - Current ability: 178 - Potential ability: 188

Current wage: 95.000 pounds per week - Length of contract: 2 years - Height: 183cm - Weight: 77kg

Strengths: Acceleration, Balance, Agility, Anticipation, Finishing, Passing, Technique, Dribbling

Weaknesses: Aggression, Long Throws, Professionalism

A 31 year old star striker to fight against the 5 of the best of the world. If I do not need him who does?

As he was about to make the first bid of his new career, he decided against it

The first rule of a successful rivalry:Learn from your rival

"My target in the auction is not to strengthen my team, but to make sure that everything comes at a price for La Celia"

Drinking his morning tea and thinking this thought, Anayjit Kautilya read through the latest draft of players. And then he noticed something.

A 31 year old star striker to fight against the 5 of the best of the world. If I do not need him who does?

As he was about to make the first bid of his new career, he decided against it

The first rule of a successful rivalry:Learn from your rival

Where is 31 years old?

Real Gunners have 178,8M pounds in the coffin so might as well start the bidding.

Staff Bid Matthias Mahmer - 100.000 pounds.

Staff Bid Pete Harper-Wood - 200.000 pounds.

Player Bid Joe Hurt - 100.000 pounds

Player Bid David Gerr - 100.000 pounds

Player Bid Effo Chaumberyang - 1M pounds

This will bring the total Bank Balance down to 177,3M pounds should all bids go in.

Real Gunners are also going to spend 25M pounds on expanding their capacity to 120.000 seats. (Expansion capacity is 160.000 so its only 2,5M pounds per 1000 seats)

This brings the Bank Balance down to 152,3M pounds.

should maybe keep the transfer bids pvt then give it 2 days for people to bid then highest bid wins :)

I thought of that for a while, but then how to bid for me? Then I could just cheat.

Earl, I use photobucket for my screenshots, so that's not banned in china, but i think Steam has a place for images as well.

Sankalan - Very Prosaic Nicities are illegal in china, but most foreigners use them. I don't use one though, because honestly i don't miss hearing about my nieces minute to minute updates on facebook. The only thing that one would be useful for is buying Football manager, but Steam doesn't much like them either.

Okay, I can see already that this is not going to end well, and because we do not have a rigid system of bidding, Earl is going to have a hard time closing the bidding. I propose the following solution:

=>The bidding is private. All current bids are cancelled.

=>bids are made through PMs to Earl.

But how will earl bid? Well, in private bids, it should not be a problem to be the first one to bid. Basically, he writes down all his bids in a text file, and zips it with a password(I hope that is possible on a mac) and uploads the zip file. the link is shared here, so everyone who doubts (Chris) Earl can download a copy of the file. No one gets to see that though. When the bidding closes, or everyone has made their bid, Earl can disclose who really won, as he already knows all bids including his own. He also posts the password here so the doubters can check that he is not lying

If Earl has a problem with his role, I can assume it, although, it will be better if he did.

Waiting to hear on this from Earl.

On another note, I plan to launch Personal attacks on some of the other chairmen. I would thus like to the others to confirm that all the chairmen are purely fictional Characters and they do not have personal attachment to them

sankalan - I'd be against any personal attacks, even against fictional chairmen. It's obvious that some of the names used are the names of real people, and the whole notion of an international league means that nationalistic undertones are inevitable. Plus i don't think that it's in line with either the culture of football (it's not Boxing) or the rules for this forum. This would be a red line for me.

Okay, I was just hoping to spice up my rivalry with joe. Idea taken back. Waiting for response on my other idea..

saying your tactics or business approach suck or something football orientated is fine with me but personal it can go a bit far sometimes

Archived