Do you change answers after initially saying "No comment" in press conferences?

Do you change answers after initially saying "No comment" in press conferences?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you change answers after initially saying "No comment" in press conferences?

• Never, I don't deal with the media in the game.
    • Never, because I always give them a good answer the first time
    • Never, I stick by my answers
    • I've done it before, but rarely
    • Sometimes
    • Most of the time
    • Always, they get me every time

For those that do not know, answering "No comment" or the neutral option to media can trigger the journalist to repeat the question a few times. I was wondering if other players actually answer the question if they get pestered a few times.

I never change my answer, so while the feature is realistic, it just ends up being more mouse clicks for me.

If i say "No comment" that's what it'll end up with.

I usually use that answer when the other alternatives don't give me a choice that is remotely close to what i want to say.

If the journalist keeps pressing for an answer i'll still calmly say "No comment".

If it is a particularly annoying question that is repeated then I like to imagine it proceeds as follows.

"Who do you think will win Golden Boy?"

"Dude I manage Stockport, who cares?"

"But seriously who?"

" Can we talk about my promotion decider?"

"But what about who will be Golden Boy"

"Cheers guys, we're done."

And out I storm.

The only question i don't answer is when i'm asked to point out the weakest player in the opponents squad. I hate that question. Will always stick to my no comment there, otherwise i generally give an answer even if it is neutral. Don't change what i say because it's basically the same few questions repeated and i know what to say the first time :p

Never change my answer either. I don't get in general why people get upset over the press conferences. Sure, they're repetitive, but I can read the first 3 words of a question and know which answer to click without even reading it. Takes me about 10 seconds before matches. Not that big a deal honestly.

I had a reporter do that with me, and I had to answer "no comment" three or four times. The next press conference I had, his relationship with me had gone from "indifferent" to "unfriendly". At the end of the season, I took a job at another club, and when I had my introductory press conference, the same reporter asked me a question, and his relationship with me was back to "indifferent".

Maybe he didn't recognize me.

I have to say it genuinely angers me when they say " I really have to press you for an answer" i have had them try it 3 times before as well i do wonder what the limit is.

2 or 3 times would be the most I'd expect in FM. I have seen real life press conferences where those in attendance have kept pushing the same point or question half a dozen times despite the interviewee repeatedly not answering the question or even asking everyone to move on.

if i'm stoned i just click the middle answer no matter when the questions are as i know 9/10 its a neutral answer.

its too much effort to actually read the question let alone 5 answers...

the question i hate the most is when you are asked to pick put a weak link/player from the opposition. i always bite when a manager picks out one of my players, no matter how right they may be

Archived