FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone recommend some Scottish youngsters?

I'm looking at an all Scottish Celtic.

Only just started my first season.

Sold Stokes for £1.2M.

The squad will be fine for the first season but I would like the option of using some youngsters on a rotation basis.

Any suggestions welcome.

Scotlands starting 11 in 2019 in my game

Marshall, Cardiff

Paterson, Hearts

Harry Souttar, Dun Utd

David Syme, Kilmarnock

Andrew Robertson, Hull

Alex Mowat, Leeds (starts off English, but turns Scottish)

John McGinn, Hibs

Matt Phillips, QPR

Ryan Christie, Inverness/Celtic (but you can recall him straight from the start of the game)

Ryan Gauld, Sporting

Leight Griffiths, Celtic

---

Ali Coote, Dun U also turns out more than decent - Jason Cummings is highly rated by many as a great goalscorer, haven't had him in my team myself

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies gents. Things have been murder recently.

Barely had time to play let alone post....

Been ticking along nicely.....

Then This........

2465so8.png

Barca offered 4m upfront and then 6m over 18 months... I negotiated 20m up front and 10m over 12 months with a 20% sell on clause. No hesitation accept!!!

Hopefully we can do that irl!!!

Apologies gents. Things have been murder recently.

Barely had time to play let alone post....

Been ticking along nicely.....

Then This........

2465so8.png

Barca offered 4m upfront and then 6m over 18 months... I negotiated 20m up front and 10m over 12 months with a 20% sell on clause. No hesitation accept!!!

Hopefully we can do that irl!!!

That is a decent profit, lets hope that PL will bring you along, when Barca comes calling for him in two years time

It's worth noting that although I've had success at CL after being nearly men, I've only won the treble once.

Find trying to rest players difficult

I tend not to priorities the cups, so I haven't got a treble yet either - Haven't won the Micky Mouse cup yet (I'm in 2019/2020) and only the Scottish cup twice

I did however win the Champions League last season with a 3-2 victory against Real Madrid (with them scoring their second in extra time - they did however had Toni Kroos sent of in the 2nd minute, which always is a nice thing)

Well done DKB.

I've went a bit mental and signed Alexis Sanchez as I wanted a world class profile player.

I've gone in the other direction

Sold my 3 best strikers (based on CA stars) in the winter transfer window

Calleri - Leverkusen - £25.5m going towards £31.25m

Eggstein - Southampton - £37.5m going towards £43m

Zivkovic - Liverpool - £11.75m going to £13.25m

also sold Mammana to Bayern for £16.75m going to £21m (had 1½ left on his contract and demanded crazy money to sign a new one)

with some sell on profit on all of them

Have a Scottish newgen, who I want to progress to be my nr 1 striker, so decided to sell Calleri - was going to use Eggstein as my nr 1 striker with my newgen as 2nd choice, but when Southampton accepted my demands I chose to throw my newgen into the deep sea and see if he would swim. Had tried to sell Zivkovic (due to him being 3rd/4th choice) so when Liverpool came along, it was goodbye to him as well. So now my strikeforce are based on 3 newgens all in the age of 19 one of them have just arrived in Scotland from South Africa for a massive £25.5k - going to be interesting to see how they will do

so far my season spending stands at £5.12m - having sold players for £127m

I've gone in the other direction

Sold my 3 best strikers (based on CA stars) in the winter transfer window

Calleri - Leverkusen - £25.5m going towards £31.25m

Eggstein - Southampton - £37.5m going towards £43m

Zivkovic - Liverpool - £11.75m going to £13.25m

also sold Mammana to Bayern for £16.75m going to £21m (had 1½ left on his contract and demanded crazy money to sign a new one)

with some sell on profit on all of them

Have a Scottish newgen, who I want to progress to be my nr 1 striker, so decided to sell Calleri - was going to use Eggstein as my nr 1 striker with my newgen as 2nd choice, but when Southampton accepted my demands I chose to throw my newgen into the deep sea and see if he would swim. Had tried to sell Zivkovic (due to him being 3rd/4th choice) so when Liverpool came along, it was goodbye to him as well. So now my strikeforce are based on 3 newgens all in the age of 19 one of them have just arrived in Scotland from South Africa for a massive £25.5k - going to be interesting to see how they will do

so far my season spending stands at £5.12m - having sold players for £127m

sounds about right for us :lol:

sounds about right for us :lol:

doing what I can to impress PL *lol*

was going to splash a club record £17m on a German newgen winger (2 star CA, 4 yellow star PA and a hole black one on top), but he chose to join HSV on loan until the end of the season (jan-juli) instead - so after he joined the German huns I scouted him again, and Leverkusen now demanded £2.5m, so a deal have been wrapped up when he ends his loan deal

doing what I can to impress PL *lol*

was going to splash a club record £17m on a German newgen winger (2 star CA, 4 yellow star PA and a hole black one on top), but he chose to join HSV on loan until the end of the season (jan-juli) instead - so after he joined the German huns I scouted him again, and Leverkusen now demanded £2.5m, so a deal have been wrapped up when he ends his loan deal

hmm his loan was cut short and he has joined me

from £17m to £2.5m in a matter of days - brilliant

It's worth noting that although I've had success at CL after being nearly men, I've only won the treble once.

Find trying to rest players difficult

I always rest players in the league games 1 or 2 players at a time during busy schedules. Would rather win a cup than win the league by 30 points instead of 10.

I'm not playing as Celtic atm but in my current save, Ross Country look like breaking our dominance after 6 years with a tycoon. They're spending millions every summer and their ranks atm include Sven Bender and Denis Suarez so when I finally make it to us on this Journey, it should be interesting, current manager is Ronald Koeman. Ronny left for Southampton where he was sacked after 3 monthsish, before joining West Ham where he was also sacked and he's just joined his new club.

2qbr78i.png

Hmm had my newgen intake in 2020

Best player was a 2½ star potential midfielder, but as he had rather decent stats I signed him up on a youth contract, and bum!!! 4 yellow star potential with a black star on top???? Not complaining, but from one day to another??? just because he signs a youth contract

Hmm had my newgen intake in 2020

Best player was a 2½ star potential midfielder, but as he had rather decent stats I signed him up on a youth contract, and bum!!! 4 yellow star potential with a black star on top???? Not complaining, but from one day to another??? just because he signs a youth contract

the coaches will change their opinions of players the longer they spend time with them. it happens with signed players too. you could sign a 4 star midfielder and then a month later they're a 3 star because the coach has changed their opinion after working with them more closely

the coaches will change their opinions of players the longer they spend time with them. it happens with signed players too. you could sign a 4 star midfielder and then a month later they're a 3 star because the coach has changed their opinion after working with them more closely

But this was over half a day - from intake to signing youth contract - every coach rated him as 2½ star before, after every coach 4+1 star - nevermind, I'm happy with the player

Auch! £49m to put in an extra 8k'ish new seats into Celtic Park

Hmm the board scrapped the idea to put in 8k new seats and instead decided to upgrade Celtic Park to 75.000 seats, it will take just above a year and we will ground share with Queens Park at Hampden doing the reconstruction

Price - £88m, a £53.88m loan has been taken to help the finances, even though I've £136m in the bank - hmm as the loan included £10m in interest doing the 10 years it is being paid off with £567k a month

and that is after the board decided to splash £21m to the shareholders

Guess I'll have to make some money in the transfer marked

at the point where my star players are staring to demand £100k+ a week for signing a new contract

Danilo is my top earner atm at £69k, some jump to £100k+ and I think that Danilo is earning to much (I don't like my Celtic players to be above £50k a week) - 2nd in the list is Saul on £54k

Some big name moves out of the club are expected in the next year or so, hopefully my newgen army in the reserves are cable of stepping in

at the point where my star players are staring to demand £100k+ a week for signing a new contract

Danilo is my top earner atm at £69k, some jump to £100k+ and I think that Danilo is earning to much (I don't like my Celtic players to be above £50k a week) - 2nd in the list is Saul on £54k

Some big name moves out of the club are expected in the next year or so, hopefully my newgen army in the reserves are cable of stepping in

im in season 4 and ive got 2 or 3 players on 100k. the only way i could hang on to people like zivkovic, carrasco and carlos mane was by paying them EPL-level wages. although mane will be moving at the end of the season as im bringing in davor lovren (check him out by the way, crazy potential!)

im in season 4 and ive got 2 or 3 players on 100k. the only way i could hang on to people like zivkovic, carrasco and carlos mane was by paying them EPL-level wages. although mane will be moving at the end of the season as im bringing in davor lovren (check him out by the way, crazy potential!)

I've Lovren on my shortlist but with Zivkovic and Coote (+Christie and Zehknini) on my books I wasn't prepared to match the £12.75m that AC Milan offered for him last season, so he is playing in Italy

I've Lovren on my shortlist but with Zivkovic and Coote (+Christie and Zehknini) on my books I wasn't prepared to match the £12.75m that AC Milan offered for him last season, so he is playing in Italy

he was surprisingly still with zagreb at the start of season 4 for me. had some interest from a few clubs so i decided to make a move for him but with an agreement for him to join at the end of season 4, giving me some time to get carlos mane's profile up and take a big fee for him. think ive agreed to pay about 7 or 8mil for lovren and should be able to sell mane for 30m+. lovren looks the better player stats wise too, so looking like a very good bit of business :D

update out, not sure if anyone should be due an upgrade other than Griffiths, don't have the game myself yet but how's he looking? Also wondering if Roberts is good enough to start, and is the Ajer transfer in?

Tierney got a slight upgrade (or I've been incredibel unlucky with him in my .02 game) but still have a few random stats (of what I can see), other than that I haven't noticed any upgrades on the Celtic players

#playingthePeterLawwellway

4gpws9.png

New record sale for me - Really wanted to keep him, but wanted to much in wage and in cash to sign a new deal - had 18 months left (IMO) + Bernard Mensah have been playing really well when Dreisörner have been out + have a Scottish newgen in the reserves that could do with some playing time, so he is promoted to backup for Mensah.

2usfnns.png

Started a save with Celtic with the winter update. Still early season, but having fun playing a kind of aggressive 3-5-2-DM with Bitton as a Regista.

Transfer window was a blast, though I probably sold too many Scottish players.

4a52abaf1e35d77ded2c5f3ff9aa6fb5.png

Have a self imposed rule that I must at least break even in transfers each season, already skirting it though, Bentancur is joining next summer permanently, so I'll already have to sell for at least 3.7m. Also, Jhon Arango joins when he turns 18, again next summer, no work permit, but it's impossible to say no to a potentially top talent for 4 grand.

Sadly, landed a nasty CL group...

bfc99fbb2f33afdf3999fb960b579544.png

9 in a row clinched at Ibrox by my young reserves in late February

looking forward to having the stadium expanded and to bring in 10 in a row next season, CL 1 KO game against Bayern coming up next (won the first leg 1-0 at CP)

Kind of screwed up my transfer rules in January, heh... Miscalculated how much I had to spend after Chelsea came in for Bitton with 2 hours left in the transfer window and I needed a 1st choice CM to replace him.

d8d764737532c5d1eaa8eb31c689fa75.png

Kind of screwed up my transfer rules in January, heh... Miscalculated how much I had to spend after Chelsea came in for Bitton with 2 hours left in the transfer window and I needed a 1st choice CM to replace him.

d8d764737532c5d1eaa8eb31c689fa75.png

Kranevitter is a much better player than Bitton, nice job, even if it set you back a couple more £ than expected

Kranevitter is a much better player than Bitton, nice job, even if it set you back a couple more £ than expected

Cheers, Bitton had been playing incredibly well for me, but it's definitely an upgrade.

29652289c76ff187ab1a367c4531c26f.png

Literally parked the bus on them. The one time we got forward, Scott Brown backheels a throughball, splitting the best defence in Europe, and my 17 year old striker kills it like a seasoned pro.

Real Madrid in the quarters, who will surely demolish us.

Otherwise, the season went as expected for Celtic, a clean sweep.

Next summer was busier than ever, lots of ins, lots of outs. No good prospects came through, so I raided the worlds academies.

9a7711a4268110f4c0adec8100ecd283.png

These were just some of the key moves. Definitely pulled a profit, more than made up for last seasons slight overflow.

Decided to switch from my 5-2-1-2 as there was no real need for 3 CB's in Scotland and I was wasting a man. The 4-3-1-2 I've converted to seems to work a little better.

Given another tough CL group, Arsenal, Leverkusen, Grasshoppers, first game up, Arsenal come to visit Celtic Park and I decide it's a good test for my 4-3-1-2, rather than being more conservative.

46134706712ec0865c0a802fb3e33a60.png

Can't argue with that, Arsenal looked dominant for 15 minutes, we got forward, won the corner which Hanley lashed home and from there we attacked at will.

14d072832f21dbda501e857f4528995a.png

2020/21 brought in my 3rd CL tittle in a row and my first domestic treble

Had the hardest way to the CL final so far

Bayern in the first knock out stage (1-0 home and away) Chelsea in the Qtr finals (1-0 at CP and 1-1 away) Real Madrid in the semi finals (3-3- in Madrid, after being 3-1 and a man down in the first half - and 3-2 at CP after being 3-1 up and thinking that every thing was alright but Real got a late goal and suddenly they were hammering at my goal, but Rajkovic held on and we were through)

Only team preventing me for making the clean sweep was Mexican side Leon, they parked the bus in the semi of the world club championship and got the 0-0 the wanted and won the penalty shoot out (which they also did in the final so they became champions - I won the 3rd place by beating Boca Juniors)

The bank account has passed the £200m mark (paid out £20m to the shareholders, but didn't pay off the debt that had put up for the new seats to CP ???), and the transfer budget can be adjusted to £300m+

The final agaisnt Man City (whom we were in group with drawing 1-1 in Manchester and loosing 1-0 at CP) hadn't started before my German newgen winger had put us ahead 1-0 in the 40 sekund of the game, the rest was a piece of cake and we ran out 3-0 winners

Will do a run down on my team, if in the game from the start, it will be stated, where they starts off, newgens will be shown on SS below the starting 11

GK - RAJKOVIC (M. TEL-AVIV)

DR - MONTOYA (BARCA - STARTS OUT ON LOAN AT INTER)

DL - ROBERTSON (HULL)

DC - STARICCO (NEWGEN, SEE SS BELOW)

DC - JOHNSON (NEWGEN, SEE SS BELOW)

DM - DANILO (VALANCIA)

RW - ZIVKOVIC (PARTIZAN)

MC - MENSAH (ATL MADRID - STARTS OUT ON LOAN AT GETAFE)

MC - SAUL (ATL MADRID)

LW - CELIK (NEWGEN, SEE SS BELOW)

FC - CAMERON (NEWGEN, SEE SS BELOW)

Original first team squad players; San Emeterio (RB starts at Racing) Harry Soutar (DC starts at Dun Utd) Scott Bain (GK starts at Dundee) Ali Coote (Winger starts out at Dun Utd) Ryan Christie (Winger, only first team survivor from the starting squad)

Newgen pictures...

2zjgz82.png

2liwr3m.png

24npn55.png

11sjm39.png

The young Scottish hopes (Beside Cameron)

Molley are the one that have played the most for me, Tommy Smith spend last year as a fairly regular loanie at Reading in the EPL, will be looking to get most of them playing time else where as the competition for a starting place at my Celtic side is to strong for them ATM but with a little luck some of them can break through at some point

2lcwlcm.png

jb4to1.png

2h2jrlv.png

243qfd5.png

ngrdc8.png

A few of the non Scottish that will make it here

iz5h8h.png

2cz1nqt.png

i38ohy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Currently in 2019 with my Celtic save, pretty average save until Leicester decided to bid £28 million for Ryan Christie in 2017 :D I sold Cifci, Jozo, Johansen, Elyounoussi and Armstrong in the same window and ended up with £49 million from transfers. Completely changed the team with the money and spent £44 million,

91AE8266A1A4337A681D35B6A5AA5CD7A8FAB67C

Even after spending the money my team was pretty disappointing in Europe, I finished last with three points in a group with Porto, Liverpool and Dnipro. The team started to gel a bit more the next season, with 12 points I topped my Champions League group of Liverpool, Marseille (finalists in 2017 & 2018) and Sporting (winner in 2017). Got Man City in the last 16, got a decent result away in the first leg, 2-1 but went out after a 86th minute goal to make it 2-2 in the second leg.

Highlight of the save is definitely this regen, bought him for £70,000 from Hibs in 2016/17 - looks world class and is loyal too, happy to stay after a few big clubs have been in for him,

58E82BB7CB8020B8EB9905E333B577CB02121295

• 1 month later...

So Barca decides to transferlist this newgen at the costly price of £800k - only two of the 5 star potential used so far

McoT5x0.png

well didn't even think about negotiating the deal

Wauw - right back solved for the next decade or 4½ year deal with an option for another 3 years

• 2 weeks later...

Archived