FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

Just passed the winter transfer window in 2017

Gave up on the tactic that I used when loosing the first league game against Nevco

Decided to go MON style'ish

14cr9mf.png

Loosing the position battle in almost every game, but still top of the league with 16 points down to Hearts in 2nd after 25 games, and made it through a CL group of Juventus, Dortmund and Marseille

Liverpool took up Jedvaj's £6.75m min clause (only way I could sign in the first place and wouldn't sign a new contract without a similar or smaller clause) so replaced him with Montoya who were transferlisted by Barca nearly by the same amount

Had expected some of my stars to leave in the transfer window, but teams keeps offering very small amount for them, the max has been 1½ their value - so guess that Romero was a one timer, on the + side that means that they are staying with me

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just passed the winter transfer window in 2017

Gave up on the tactic that I used when loosing the first league game against Nevco

Decided to go MON style'ish

14cr9mf.png

Loosing the position battle in almost every game, but still top of the league with 16 points down to Hearts in 2nd after 25 games, and made it through a CL group of Juventus, Dortmund and Marseille

Liverpool took up Jedvaj's £6.75m min clause (only way I could sign in the first place and wouldn't sign a new contract without a similar or smaller clause) so replaced him with Montoya who were transferlisted by Barca nearly by the same amount

Had expected some of my stars to leave in the transfer window, but teams keeps offering very small amount for them, the max has been 1½ their value - so guess that Romero was a one timer, on the + side that means that they are staying with me

How is Zivkovic doing for you there? I have him as a wide midfielder on right with attack duty. Just turned down another £25m bid for him.

How is Zivkovic doing for you there? I have him as a wide midfielder on right with attack duty. Just turned down another £25m bid for him.

He is doing fine without standing out

22(3) matches 9 goals and 8 assists, 7,31 rating

He is one of the players that i would accept selling if I got a really good offer as i have just brought in Berhard Mensah from Atletico Madrid as his understudy to the DLF role, and with Christie (outscoring Zivkovic even though his backup) and Armstrong also competing for that role, some needs to move on, so if I can get a good offer for Zivkovic in the summer, that would be really good

Here is Zivkovic in 2019 with me.

zivkovic_zpsrhzpzpxm.png

Season 2018/19 - 39 App 29 Gls 17 Ass 8.26 Av Rat

Season 2017/18 - 48 App 31 Gls 20 Ass 8.03 Av Rat

Still gutted I gave in to wage demands but he is the highest earner. Transfer budgets have been low so considering selling him.

Isn't it lovely

Going into the Qfinals against Real Madrid with my star striker out injured + the man that would replace him out as well - scrap it through with two draws, comes up against Barca and the day before match my keeper gets a "facial" injury, so he is out as well (besides the two strikers) - Messi killed us with a hat trick and I had no strikers to really harm them, so i've a 4-1 to overturn at CP - hmmm hopefully my first team keeper is back + both strikers even though they will start on the bench as their match fitness is horribel

Are Brazilian/Argentinian players interested in you guys? OR do you just offer them a stupid contract to get them to agree? How long before you are able to sign well known players?

depends on the player, some you have to pay more than justified some takes "normal" wages

Update as I've had a mental week at work and need a bevvy and some FM....

In Nov of 2nd season....

Trying to develop the squad, but never got a great deal of cash from the biscuit tin so had to dip into loan market a bit

In's - Ajer - 1.3m (we need to get him irl), Roman Macek - 300k, Andre Silva - 450k and Leon Goretzka, Ladislac Krejci, Jesus Vallejo, Bilal Basacikoglu, Joel Campbell, Facundo Ferreyra and Wallace on Loan

Out's - Alvarez - 7.5m, Scepovic - 1.9m, Rogic - 190k, Naess - 650k, Bailly - 300k, Ciftci - 1.5m, McGregor - 475k, Brown - 2.3m

Aim this year is get the younger guys more minutes and the newer signings out on loan at SPFL clubs.

Nov.... Top of league by 2 points, W 7, D 3, L 2 - GF 25, GA 10 - Not scoring as many as I would like, but I suppose that comes with playing younger players more often.

Have a delightful UCL group with Juve, Bayern and Fenerbache.... Played 4 games, won 2 v Fenerbache and lost at Home to Juve 3-1 and away to Bayern 1-0.... Expect Juve to win the group and beat me in Turin, but if I can beat Bayern by 2 clear goal at home we will go through.

Lawwell is clearly hammered as just handed me a cool £16m extra. So investing in quality youth is paramount now! Mario Gotze is available on a free in 6 weeks.... Can I tempt him to Paradise..... Some other tasty freebies coming up - Guiseppe Rossi, Stefan Jovetic, Alessio Cerci, Zlatan - all the wrong side of 25 :(

Pluses - Ryan Christie - boy is a must keep. Equally amazing in CM (DLP) or AMC roles. Near 77% pass completion and Average Rating of at least 7.5 a game.

Kieran Tierney - Boy continues to impress. Averaged 8.1 rating in 21 games, 9 assists, 2 goals. 9 caps for Scotland as well and he's not 20!

Sparky - 17 goals in 20 games, 7 assists including 6 goals in 8 games in UCL which goes a long way

Sergio Diaz - Considering he's 18, 6 goals in 12 games isn't too shabby. Still adapting to League, but a few starts alongside regular sub outings are ticking him over. Might send him way to Championship in Jan to get some regular games.

Negatives - GMS - Just nosedived this year. Poor all over, favourite to leave in Jan.

Armstrong - Moaned when I sold Brown although it meant he was more likely to play in the middle as I hadn't signed Goretzka yet... Wouldn't get out his huff despite games so has sat in the reserves and will get punted in Jan.

Sicknote - Fecker won't leave early so off on loan again where he got injured for 4 months - Karma Derk, Karma.

Major plus - signed a boy on loan for a season as Bournemouth wanted 7m upfront in a direct transfer, but settled on 3m after a loan deal.... thoughts gents!

2mpl5ir.png

In Nov of 2nd season....

Trying to develop the squad, but never got a great deal of cash from the biscuit tin so had to dip into loan market a bit

In's - Ajer - 1.3m (we need to get him irl), Roman Macek - 300k, Andre Silva - 450k and Leon Goretzka, Ladislac Krejci, Jesus Vallejo, Bilal Basacikoglu, Joel Campbell, Facundo Ferreyra and Wallace on Loan

Out's - Alvarez - 7.5m, Scepovic - 1.9m, Rogic - 190k, Naess - 650k, Bailly - 300k, Ciftci - 1.5m, McGregor - 475k, Brown - 2.3m

Aim this year is get the younger guys more minutes and the newer signings out on loan at SPFL clubs.

Nov.... Top of league by 2 points, W 7, D 3, L 2 - GF 25, GA 10 - Not scoring as many as I would like, but I suppose that comes with playing younger players more often.

Have a delightful UCL group with Juve, Bayern and Fenerbache.... Played 4 games, won 2 v Fenerbache and lost at Home to Juve 3-1 and away to Bayern 1-0.... Expect Juve to win the group and beat me in Turin, but if I can beat Bayern by 2 clear goal at home we will go through.

Lawwell is clearly hammered as just handed me a cool £16m extra. So investing in quality youth is paramount now! Mario Gotze is available on a free in 6 weeks.... Can I tempt him to Paradise..... Some other tasty freebies coming up - Guiseppe Rossi, Stefan Jovetic, Alessio Cerci, Zlatan - all the wrong side of 25 :(

Pluses - Ryan Christie - boy is a must keep. Equally amazing in CM (DLP) or AMC roles. Near 77% pass completion and Average Rating of at least 7.5 a game.

Kieran Tierney - Boy continues to impress. Averaged 8.1 rating in 21 games, 9 assists, 2 goals. 9 caps for Scotland as well and he's not 20!

Sparky - 17 goals in 20 games, 7 assists including 6 goals in 8 games in UCL which goes a long way

Sergio Diaz - Considering he's 18, 6 goals in 12 games isn't too shabby. Still adapting to League, but a few starts alongside regular sub outings are ticking him over. Might send him way to Championship in Jan to get some regular games.

Negatives - GMS - Just nosedived this year. Poor all over, favourite to leave in Jan.

Armstrong - Moaned when I sold Brown although it meant he was more likely to play in the middle as I hadn't signed Goretzka yet... Wouldn't get out his huff despite games so has sat in the reserves and will get punted in Jan.

Sicknote - Fecker won't leave early so off on loan again where he got injured for 4 months - Karma Derk, Karma.

Major plus - signed a boy on loan for a season as Bournemouth wanted 7m upfront in a direct transfer, but settled on 3m after a loan deal.... I have no idea how to post a screenie - copy n past aint working :( - hoping this link works and if so... thoughts gents!

you need to upload the picture to a site, like tinypic and then post the link from there

In Nov of 2nd season....

Major plus - signed a boy on loan for a season as Bournemouth wanted 7m upfront in a direct transfer, but settled on 3m after a loan deal.... thoughts gents!

2mpl5ir.png

IMO you will need to get lucky with him, I would put him on roaming playmaker training (as it would bring up the white attributes), and give him as much playing time as you can afford - and see how he looks at the end of the season before you decide on buying him on not - never going to be a force in the air, but if you have room for a small terrier in midfield, he might turn out ok for you

IMO you will need to get lucky with him, I would put him on roaming playmaker training (as it would bring up the white attributes), and give him as much playing time as you can afford - and see how he looks at the end of the season before you decide on buying him on not - never going to be a force in the air, but if you have room for a small terrier in midfield, he might turn out ok for you

I was thinking a BWM tbh. Good Determination and Work rate, decent passing, tackling too. Positioning needs to improve and physical stats aren't bad either. Going to try and give him games, but so much competition just now

I was thinking a BWM tbh. Good Determination and Work rate, decent passing, tackling too. Positioning needs to improve and physical stats aren't bad either. Going to try and give him games, but so much competition just now

I know that he would be more suited to play bwm, but his training (IMO) should be roaming midfielder, to shape him into a more complete midfielder - if you put him on roaming, it also (beside the technical stats) improves his anti, determination, composure, natural fitness etc etc - you could then add extra tackling, position or marking

Afternoon gents - I am still struggling to see how you fella`s are managing to do so well in europe so quickly. Was there a patch? Or are you just getting the hang of tactics far better than I was?

I am loving the fact I am currently dominating possession and passing stats, aside from the obvious complete dominance in europe earlier but still going out.

zivko%20worth_zps0gtmq43a.jpg

zivko%20worth%202_zpsam8ico3j.jpg

This also pisses me off greatly, its the one thing fm have consistently got wrong over the years, just because its a "lesser" league.

me to, at least the clubs should accept or go near the asking price that you put - if not there is no point in us having the option to put it there

Another youth intake in and its 2020. My youth intake is actually getting worse....actually thinking of stopping this save as its bugging me that much.

It is most likely your squad that are getting better

The rating of the newgens are reflected on how good you squad is, the better your players are, the better the newgens needs to be to get a really good rating. If you have really good players in terms of European class it is very unlikely that you will get loads of 5 star newgens, but if you have a crappy bunch of players at club like Celtic the newgens will have more potential and there by rated as 4-4½-5 pa stars

off course you can get lucky and get 4+ newgens when you have a good squad, but that is down to luck

Started again as I didn’t really develop any youth players and bought far too many ready made players. Had a decent start so far played 12 competitive games and won 10.

Were top of the Scottish Premiership, leading Hamilton by 2 points.

Lost to Macabi Tel-Aviv on away goals in the Champions League Playoff. Then got Dortmund, Loko Moscow and Rosenborg in the Europa League. It wont be an easy task to reach the knockout.

Tactics

I don’t really have a tactic/formation as such just a style of play. You could say it’s based around a 451 or a 442 but it changes game-to-game depending who I play. Ideally I want to go 442 or 4141 but I don’t really have the squad to set that up regular, so it all ends us a bit asymmetric.

I tend to go flexible attacking with just play out of defence and retain possession selected. As for team selections I now have a rule that there is no more than 3 unforced changes per game, excluding early rounds of the cups etc.

Staff

I got rid of Ian Coll, John McGlynn, Chris McCart and Colin Meldrum. In came Thomas Hassler (shooting), David Moss was promoted to coach (ball control). I still need to bring in another fitness coach, goalkeeping coach and tactics coach. I have and idea who I want but I have disabled transfer budgets in the first window and they are employed. I have also still to set up my youth coaches.

I brought in scouts to cover England, Central Europe and Scandinavia. Next ill be looking for scouts to cover Easter and Southern Europe.

Transfers

Like I said I disabled them in the first window so I only brought in the one free agent. Ronaldinho. Delighted to get him, never managed it before, and for only £14k p/w. I can defiantly get the season out of him and possibly another used correctly. I’ve got him tutoring Tom Rogic also.

Out went a few youth players and Derk Boerrigter for the season on loan.

Squad

Stand-outs so far have been Leigh Griffiths with 9 in 7 (out for 2 months), Kieran Tierney and Gary Mackay-Steven. I’ve also promoted Joe Thomson and Aiden Nesbitt. This gives me a squad of 27, I like to have it under 25 but I have a few players who I will move on in the coming transfer windows.

As for my selection I have a core of players who play almost every game they are available; Craig Gordon, Mikel Lustig, Jozo Simunovic and Leigh Griffiths.

It is most likely your squad that are getting better

The rating of the newgens are reflected on how good you squad is, the better your players are, the better the newgens needs to be to get a really good rating. If you have really good players in terms of European class it is very unlikely that you will get loads of 5 star newgens, but if you have a crappy bunch of players at club like Celtic the newgens will have more potential and there by rated as 4-4½-5 pa stars

off course you can get lucky and get 4+ newgens when you have a good squad, but that is down to luck

I wish that was the case mate. I have been using the ingame editor to check the pa of the players and the facilities.

At the moment the sats for my facilities are:

Training Facilities - 18

Youth Facilities - 16 (currently being upgraded)

Junior Coaching - 14

Youth Recruitment - 19

My Head of Youth Development - Bernhard Peters

Personality - Model Professional

Working with youngsters - 20

JPA - 15

JPP - 18

In the current youth recruitments my best youngster had the pa of 99. I'm not expecting the next best thing but I am really struggling to get players who could at least become average. Out of the whole save so far my best youngster had the pa of 130 which does give you something to work with but then problem his ca was so low down at 50 something it would have been a miracle to get him to an average player.

Had a bit of a crazy January transfer window (2017)

Man City started by coming in with a offer for Lewis Cook which I put up to £23.5m which they accepted + a decent selling on fee

Cook was replaced with German wonderkid Dzenis Burnic coming in from Dortmund for £4.5m - or he was brought in as back up with Rodrigo Bentancur promoted to first team starter

Then Bayern came in with a offer for Bentancur which I put up to £32m (+selling on fee) which they accepted

Now i stood with a 19 year old German (who can't speak English) and a 20 year old Thiago Maia who hasn't been produced as hoped so far and Muhammed Besic who hasn't produced as well

But with money in the bank, so brought in two new midfielders

First Saul from Atletico Madrid joined in a £8.25m and on the last day on the transfer window he was joined by

Brazilian wonderkid Danilo from Valencia (Start off at Braga) in a £15.5m deal

---

4 youngster left on loan to the end of the season and 4 squad players also left on loan deals (£200k a months each) including Ryan Christie (who have been 2/3 choiced in his position)

It leaves the squad a bit thin, but a chance for some youngsters to get a few minutes now and again

---

£62m in the bank now with a transfer kitty standing on £73m

there is just some games that makes you wonder

up against Chelsea (away)

11 min played 1-0 Chelsea, wonder strike by Costa (13 in long shots) from the middle of my half

16 min played 2-0 Chelsea, wonder strike by Costa (------11----------) well outside my penalty area

76 min played 3-0 Chelsea, Mammana clears the ball into the only player standing infront of him, ball goes to Costa in the other side of the penalty area, Gomez decides to run past him instead of tackling him

85 min played 4-0 Chelsea, wonder strike by Ramirez (8 in long shorts) well outside my penalty area

87 min played 4-1 Mensah scores after we break and passes the ball into a clear area for Mensah to score

Not that Chelsea wasn't the better side with the best chances, they just didn't score on those, instead 3 wonder goals from players with bad or half decent long shots and a huge mistake from my defender/s - if Hazard had scored a hattrick on some of the moves where he had my defense well beaten I could understand that, but...

What a season it was turning out to be. We went 8 wins in a row in the league before losing 1-0 back-to-back. This meant Aberdeen pulled it back to level points. However a good run at the start December meant we went 3 points clear but they pulled it back to a single point in the final game of 2015.

We finished 2nd to Dortmund in the Europa League and drew Trabzonspor in the last 32.

Staff

I brought in a few extra scouts to cover Southern and Eastern Europe. I now have all of Europe being scouted at the minute. I also brought in Craig Hinchliffe as a goalkeeper coach and Scott Lindsey as the first piece of my youth set up.

Transfers

I signed another 3 players before the January window. My plan for this season was to improve the squad. That’s why I made more experiaced signings. The fact I didn’t pay a transfer fee for 4 of them is a bonus.

Yoann Gourcuff who I think should be able to be sold on for a fair price.

Giorgos Samaras for the cup games after the New Year, as we are in 4 competitions.

Ron Vlaar who comes in as my first choice centre back pairing up with Jozo in my starting XI.

Kristoffer Ajer I think everyone knows how much of a bargain he can be. The way I intend to line up with two holding midfielders he will be a key part of the squad.

I'll probably shift a few players during the window, most likely Tony Stokes and Efe Ambrose with a few others out on loan.

vUuGFnv.png

Squad

It’s the same players impressing as the start of the season. Leigh Griffiths, GMS and Kieren Tierney. However James Forrest and new signing Ronaldinho have been outstanding.

74KZkKl.png

I wish that was the case mate. I have been using the ingame editor to check the pa of the players and the facilities.

At the moment the sats for my facilities are:

Training Facilities - 18

Youth Facilities - 16 (currently being upgraded)

Junior Coaching - 14

Youth Recruitment - 19

My Head of Youth Development - Bernhard Peters

Personality - Model Professional

Working with youngsters - 20

JPA - 15

JPP - 18

In the current youth recruitments my best youngster had the pa of 99. I'm not expecting the next best thing but I am really struggling to get players who could at least become average. Out of the whole save so far my best youngster had the pa of 130 which does give you something to work with but then problem his ca was so low down at 50 something it would have been a miracle to get him to an average player.

Just had the 2016/2017 intake - best player a 3½ star defender, signed him up on a pro deal - now a 4½-5 star potential defender depending on who you ask

Currently my 3 starting central defenders (Victor Lindelöf-Gustavo Gomez-Emanuel Mammana) are all maxed out on 3 stars

At the start of season 3 I've decided to enter the risky loan buiness

2akci9g.png

or there are only 2-3 of the players sent out that is likely to have a future with us, so it is not so risky again

Scrapped my 3-4-3 and going 4-4-2 for the coming season, much more stable in my first game (CL qualifier against Red Star) than the other approached I've tried, not so sexy, but we are playing it safe this season and have tried to copy the 4-4-2 that I used with great succes in FM15

FIRST TEAM LINEUP

29dae6r.png

---

Ian Cathro brought in as my new assistent

Brian McClair brought in as my new Head of Youth Devellopment

Have to have some Scottish theme at the club with Bain (backup keeper) Coote (backup right winger) Molloy (newgen backup left winger) Cameron (newgen 2nd choice backup striker) the only Scottish player with a decent chance of getting a few games this season

dirty%20jammy%20huns_zpsmtaiilqw.jpg

Only way they were beating me this season! :lol:

A shocking referee, the woodwork, nardi for the first time since I have signed him diving out to save something that was never there, and then staying on the ground and the ball deflecting of Jans to give them the equaliser - Oh and not to mention super keeper for them haha.

Such a hard one to take, when they were out played and out thought all game, means I am out the cup to a joke team.

Where's the Scots in your Celtic team DKB, when I start my annual Celtic save I will concerntrating on using as many Scottish players as possible.

So do I

But!!!

They don't seem to be at at the level where I want my players to be atm

Harry Souttar, I've nurtured him so far in the game, but were at a point in the summer where i felt that he was in need of regular first team football to progress - a thing that I couldn't give him with... Staricco (newgen Argentine defender 18 acc, 18 posistion, 16 anti etc etc - Mammana (you all know him) - Gustavo Gomez (Paraguayan Internatinal) and Victor Lindelöf (Swedish Internatinal) ahead of him, so a loan where he gets regular football (in the English Premier League with Crystal Palace) is the best option for him this season, but he is very much a part of my long term plan for the team

- In FM15 i loved John Souttar, but in this years game his work rate is to low for me to try and raise it - or I could have tried, but the money that Dun Utd was asking was to high to give it a gamle

Ali Coote, is a part of the first team and have got a fair amount of playing time - rotating with Zivkovic on the left wing

Craig Molley, 18 year old Scottish newgen are getting games on the right wing as back up for now Italian international Manuel Lanzini (the Argentine one that are on loan at West Ham this season IRL9

John Cameron, 18 year old Scottish newgen, 3rd choice in attack, load of promise in the kid, but need time to progress to a first choice player, but have faith in him to go on and be one in the future

2-3 young other Scotish newgen kids in the U21 team that could make it to be a senior player (at some role)

---

Other Scottish players that are or could be good enough for my current team

Andrew Robertson, he has only been interested in a short periode of time, but i had just bought Jorge, and wasn't going to pay £12m+ for a backup player + masisve wages as he is now at Man U- I've a Scottish newgen in the U21 with greater potential than his current potential

Ryan Gauld, with Zivkovic already playing on the left wing and Coote being back up, it seems a bit crazy to go and spend big money on him - if a big money offer comes in for Zivkovic and I'm able to agree a fee with Sporting on Gauld, he could be a Celtic player in the future

David Sume, tried to get him, but he chose Liverpool, been on loan at Ibrox for the last two season, and would need a massive improvement on the speed to get close to a starting place in my team

Craig Wigton, he would be 4 choice at best and his injury proneness warning scares me (I don't sign player that have injure proneness at any lvl in their report)

Ruben Sammut, would be 3th choice at best, and have a Scottish newgen with the same potential in the U21 - and I've a crazy Urugayan newgen coming in the January transfer window

Tom Milne (Newgen), lacks some tecniqal stats to be really interesting, hope that Dun Utd trains him up well, could be a target at some point, but have Calleri (Argentine International) Zivkovic (Dutch International) John Cameron (see above) + a Norweigaian + a Belgian + a Romanian + a Colombian Internation out on loan + a Czech u19, a Scottish U19, a Portugese U19 out on loan as well + a U19 Scottish and U21 Swedish playing in the U21 with a young Scott (Strikers are the most fun to buy aren't they)

-and I've Johannes Eggestein joining in the winter break (which most likely will be a farewell to Zivkovic)

So Gauld and Robertson, mayby at some point, doubt there will be other "real" Scottish players in the transfer target pole, but there are a decent amount of Scottish newgens coming into the game so far

Gents!

Apologies for the long time away! Work has been mental.

Season 3 update.

In December and it's been a up and down season so far.

League

Been utter garbage, so inconsistent. Winning games 1-0 and losing silly goals and game. Current 9 points off Sevco.

League Cup

Out to the Sheep in the QF. Less said about that the better.

UCL

Shining light in this season so far..... Drawn in a group with Arsenal, Zenit and Dinamo Zagreb.

Results so far:

v Arsenal (H) 3-1

v Dinamo (A) 3-3

v Zenit (H) 1-1

v Zenit (A) 3-1

v Dinamo (H) 3-0

Still to play Arsenal away and 1 point off the top of the group. Definitely qualified for the last 16.

Transfers

In

2h4g58n.png

Out

33en51x.png

However, Pedro Lawwell must be on something as he has done this:

2vd02lf.png

This was 3 weeks after the board handed me £20m!

So! First of all I wanted a striker and this lovely lad was available and snapped up for £5m up front, £4m over 18 months and £1m after 20 international appearance and £750k after 50 league goals. So I reckon that I can pull my ass into the title race!

10shoqv.png

Still have £19m to spend and I am looking for recommendations lads. Really looking for a quality left winger, and 2 quality fullback as Tierney is starting to look a little suspect and the wee Norwegian lad needs a season out on loan to become more consistent. Also a couple of squad players would be good to allow me to let the younger lads go out on loan for some game time!

Gents!

Apologies for the long time away! Work has been mental.

Season 3 update.

In December and it's been a up and down season so far.

League

Been utter garbage, so inconsistent. Winning games 1-0 and losing silly goals and game. Current 9 points off Sevco.

League Cup

Out to the Sheep in the QF. Less said about that the better.

UCL

Shining light in this season so far..... Drawn in a group with Arsenal, Zenit and Dinamo Zagreb.

Results so far:

v Arsenal (H) 3-1

v Dinamo (A) 3-3

v Zenit (H) 1-1

v Zenit (A) 3-1

v Dinamo (H) 3-0

Still to play Arsenal away and 1 point off the top of the group. Definitely qualified for the last 16.

Transfers

In

2h4g58n.png

Out

33en51x.png

However, Pedro Lawwell must be on something as he has done this:

2vd02lf.png

This was 3 weeks after the board handed me £20m!

So! First of all I wanted a striker and this lovely lad was available and snapped up for £5m up front, £4m over 18 months and £1m after 20 international appearance and £750k after 50 league goals. So I reckon that I can pull my ass into the title race!

10shoqv.png

Still have £19m to spend and I am looking for recommendations lads. Really looking for a quality left winger, and 2 quality fullback as Tierney is starting to look a little suspect and the wee Norwegian lad needs a season out on loan to become more consistent. Also a couple of squad players would be good to allow me to let the younger lads go out on loan for some game time!

What kind of wages are you going to pay Morata?

I play with reverse wingers - Zivkovic on the right hand side with Coote his back up - Manuel Lanzini on the left side with a Scottish newgen as his backup

Jorge in left back with a South African newgen as backup

Montoya in right back with Borja San Emeterio (start off at Racing Standander)

---

You should start asking money for the loans out, could make you a rather decent profit - perhaps not in the first season the youngsters joins, but after they have been put out where they have played regulary, teams tend to agree to pay a fair amount of money for loaning them - I made around £30m last season (2018/2019) by loaning players out alone)

What kind of wages are you going to pay Morata?

I play with reverse wingers - Zivkovic on the right hand side with Coote his back up - Manuel Lanzini on the left side with a Scottish newgen as his backup

Jorge in left back with a South African newgen as backup

Montoya in right back with Borja San Emeterio (start off at Racing Standander)

---

You should start asking money for the loans out, could make you a rather decent profit - perhaps not in the first season the youngsters joins, but after they have been put out where they have played regulary, teams tend to agree to pay a fair amount of money for loaning them - I made around £30m last season (2018/2019) by loaning players out alone)

Paying Morata 70k a week. It's quite bonus driven tbh. Money if he is in team of season, after each international cap, hitting 30 goals, if we win ucl. sure it's a 4 year deal too.

He is mainly there to score goals and increase the team rep. I have a decent side, just need better quality without being held to ransom. Would like to develop some youth players too - never managed to do it in previous FM's mainly because I had no real idea how to do it.

Here is my squad the now:

or096r.png

123l0z6.png

Paying Morata 70k a week. It's quite bonus driven tbh. Money if he is in team of season, after each international cap, hitting 30 goals, if we win ucl. sure it's a 4 year deal too.

He is mainly there to score goals and increase the team rep. I have a decent side, just need better quality without being held to ransom. Would like to develop some youth players too - never managed to do it in previous FM's mainly because I had no real idea how to do it.

Here is my squad the now:

or096r.png

123l0z6.png

Nice job getting Jesus Vallejo - did he set you back much?

How's Noah Neal coming along?

Nice job getting Jesus Vallejo - did he set you back much?

How's Noah Neal coming along?

£10m, cracking deal. Vallejo ticking over nicely.

Neal went back to Bournemouth. Played him in the last 10 games of the season. Sent off twice haha.

Started 3 games with Celtic and been sacked in every single one! I've been playing FM since 99/00 and this is the hardest one yet. I'll need to invest some time in training and tactics.

check pm mate

Had a bit of an overhaul of my squad, with the likes of Kovacic and Martial coming in (free transfer, £5m BUY NOW). Loving my regens though

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-23%20at%2023.12.15.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-23%20at%2022.48.49.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-23%20at%2022.48.34.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-23%20at%2022.48.15.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-23%20at%2022.47.53.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-25%20at%2021.16.27.png~original

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-25%20at%2021.16.03.png~original

Obviously most of the foreigners were bought, although Laird, Anderson and Pedersen all came through the youth team. Delighted with that

Been a while since I posted an update on here, but currently in January window of 3rd season with Celtic. Managed to get a domestic treble in the 2nd season (as well as winning World Club Championship), but failed to live up to the first seasons Champion’s League victory and fell at the Quarter Finals. Looking on course for a treble again this year, and got Shakhtar in the last 16 of CL so another Quarter Final should be easy enough to achieve.

Manage to get the league up to a position where we now have 2 CL slots (although this season it looks like Kilmarnock will be taking the 2nd spot), with automatic group stage entry for the league champions. Should raise profile further with this year’s CL progress, just need some other teams to start making some progress in Europe so they can start bringing more money in and signing better players. January transfer window and Liverpool triggered Mihalcea's £20m release clause, and Chelsea bid £30m for Christie. Replaced them with Christian Pavon for £12m from Boca and Yannick Ferreira Carrasco for £18m from Bayern

Regards to my squad, its looking like this;

First team;

Rajkovic

Janko, Hinteregger, Savic, Tierney

Lewicki

Zivkovic, Hou Saeter, Armstrong, Carrasco

Larsson

Second team;

Arrizabalaga

Lustig, O’Connell, Mazuch, Lazaar

Leverington (regen)

Carlos Mane, Henderson, Brown, Pavon

Batshuayi

Ive also got Joe Thompson and a few other regens floating around the first team squad too.

For anyone looking for a LB, id seriously recommend Acharaf Lazaar. He Moroccan, about 23/24 at start of the game and he’s top quality, got him from Palermo for about 4m in second season. May struggle to keep him as he is only backup and really could be a starter for any top team.

Hou Saeter is a beast. He could play well in any position/role in the centre of midfield. Signed him for 20k in first season and he is probably my best player after Zivkovic. Larsson has scored his away in to a starting position ahead of Batshuayi (about 30 goals in 30 games so far)

Hail hail bhoys!

Every year i'm on this thread reading stories & asking for advice on certain things & have never post my experience but decided to change that this year :)

Just finished up my second season & its been going relatively well so far,as expected domestically has been rather easy bar a couple of cup blips & Europe being the bitch it always is :D

1st season transfers :

1st_Season_Transfers.jpg

Was quite happy with my signings,good mix of ready for first team & future stars. Ajer & Ely were must's i thought can slide straight in & have bags of potential. The acquisition of Calleri turned out to be pure genius! I just wish i had gotten him earlier. Selnaes is a BARGAIN for £1.5M's,bought him for cover but Allan got injured & he turned out to be amazing!

League season 1:

1st_Season_Table.jpg

Not going to lie took a while to get it together,most of those losses were @ the beginning of the season & i was panicking a bit LOL! But in the end it was a clear 17 point gap & really a canter. Done the double by adding the Scottish cup to my trophy cabinet with a 3-0 win over Aberdeen,Dundee Utd. knocked out my B team in the league cup semis so wasn't to disappointed.

1st_Season_CL.jpg

Really struggled in the CL as you can see,just couldn't cope with the bigger teams,needed that bit extra & i didn't have it.

2nd season transfers:

2nd_Season_Transfers.jpg

Defo thought i filled the gaps required,starting off the season with Calleri up front made a huge difference. I like Lindelof a lot hes really solid & should be a stalwart for years. Romero is just an utter tank in the middle of the park,stomps out fires & keeps it simple,best bosman ever! Even tho i rotate Byram with Lustig hes managed to get 14 assists!! A worthy replacement once Lustig retires.

League season 2:

2nd_Season_Table.jpg

Utter cake walk i really think i could have played the kids & Calleri & still won it! Aberdeen somehow managed to keep me down to 1 in the Scottish cup final this time & won it on pens the b**tards lol! The kids won the league cup tho with a 3-1 win over Motherwell so the double 2 seasons in a row is not too terrible! Really want that treble tho hahaha!!

2nd_Season_CL.jpg

Delighted with the progression in the tournament was dreading it going into this campaign after getting a harder group than last year but some great performances,notably away in Wolfsburg :),seen us through with a game spare! I was confident after drawing Man Utd. they got the better of us last year but it was tight,but conceding 2 @ home i knew it would be difficult & it was,totally devastated :(

Calleris 1st full season:

Calleri_1st_Full_Season.jpg

61 in 58 with 23 assists,i don't know about any1 else but i don't get that from non regens very often! Could not recommend this guy enough! Absolute cracking 1st full season,broke Larssons record & so many others. Bigger teams are circling but i've manged to keep him happy the now,he'll defo get punted for the £50M's asking price soon enough if he keeps that up. I've noticed 1 or 2 in this thread have signed him how are you guys finding him?

I'm hoping a bit of wheeling & dealing again like in season 2 will push me to that next level in Europe. I've got Nathan Redmond (free) & Harry Souttar (£1M) coming in during the summer so hopefully getting another 1 or 2 quality signings in the van will put me on the road!

Can anyone recommend some Scottish youngsters?

I'm looking at an all Scottish Celtic.

Only just started my first season.

Sold Stokes for £1.2M.

The squad will be fine for the first season but I would like the option of using some youngsters on a rotation basis.

Any suggestions welcome.

Archived