[FM16] Vitkovice? More like Kidkovice!

dan_simmonds

Wow, I've made it to the second page for the first time. I must be enjoying this save! Thanks to all of you still following.

3sHG47f.png

November/December 2020

Zynot Liga

PXYspu9.png

wNvCj9X.png

Ceská pošta Cup

nXTXAXR.png

Manager's notes

The month opened with the return leg of the cup against Brno at the Mestsky. Pacholik grabbed his third goal in four games (from another Vladkya assist), and we controlled the rest going through to the quarter-finals for the first time and earning a £237 bonus. Those big spenders. We travelled to the capital to take on Slavia Prague, and suffered a 1-0 defeat in a game that could've gone either way. Despite the result, the game saw a big objective reached for us. All 11 players who finished the game were youth candidates we'd brought through since my arrival, and holding their own in the Synot Liga. We were back to 9 in our next game against Sigma Olomouc as Ofori and Wojnar returned to the starting lineup. Pacholik continued his fine form by giving us the lead, but Olomouc equalised and we had to settle for a point as we dropped back into the relegation zone. Our next opponents were Slovan Liberec, and despite chances, succumbed to a 2-0 defeat which was a blow as we neared the winter break. The final match before the winter break saw us take on Sparta Prague, and Vladyka gave us the lead after just 10 minutes. We held our opponents to limited chances for the next 80 and finished the first half of the season with a win, and crucially out of the relegation zone.

Next month

The usual. Rest, recuperate and get ready for a youth intake and a second half of the season that will define the ability of this team.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much better period there, keep it up

Cheers, we're clearly doing ok at the moment, but I'm not sure if my coaches are really bad at judging players, or my tactic is working really well. Going toe to toe with Synot Liga teams with this squad is a real achievement.

3sHG47f.png

Winter Break 2021

Ec7fgJ9.png

Manager's notes

We had our first foreign opponents visit the Mestsky as we faced Banska Bystrica from Slovakia. After a dull game, Kaminek came off the bench as we recorded a 1-0 victory. More familiar opponents arrived in the form of Brumov, and again the starters flattered to decieve, whilst the subs led by Kaminek grabbed four second half goals. Our final tuneup saw the first XI finally get their act together as Pacholik scored twice, before Kucera put the icing on the cake.

Next month

Get off to a good start and try to ensure that we put some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone.

So Delta's in Hungary, I'm in Slovakia, and you're in Czech Republic. We're all Central/Eastern European neighbours. :D

Did really well to go up so soon with a youth challenge team, and to hang on for now in the top division. Good luck for the rest of the season, this is clearly one of the toughest parts of the challenge when you need more quality to stay up, but obviously can't sign anyone.

Good idea to get some lesser teams in friendlies for the winter break, a couple of wins should build confidence for 2nd half of the season

I hope so, we really need to press on, but we have excellent youth coaching now and are expecting an intake soon.

Really great thread, making me want to try the youth challenge myself. :)

I love youth challenges, but they're very tough. There's a real lack of consistency in the squad now.

Good to see you on the right side of the line.

We're there for now, but February proved to be a tough month

So Delta's in Hungary, I'm in Slovakia, and you're in Czech Republic. We're all Central/Eastern European neighbours. :D

Did really well to go up so soon with a youth challenge team, and to hang on for now in the top division. Good luck for the rest of the season, this is clearly one of the toughest parts of the challenge when you need more quality to stay up, but obviously can't sign anyone.

It's the place to be! Yes, it's proving to be incredibly tough right now, but we've got a good chance at making the cup semi-finals having drawn bottom side Jihlava. Anything can happen from there.

3sHG47f.png

February 2021

Zynot Liga

L6otoem.png

dryIpmi.png

Manager's notes

The resumption of the season saw us face Vitoria Plzen, and we hadn't managed to shake off the rust sufficiently in the 'preseason' as we fell to a 2-0 half time deficit. Kolar got us back into the game before Vladkya hit the post, but we conceded a third before Kuchar's consolation which left us back in the relegation zone before we faced a pivotal game against Viktoria Zizkov. We fell behind after just 15 minutes, before Vladyka equalised soon after half time. We fell behind again, just five minutes later, before Vladyka turned provider and Kaminek came off the bench to grab us a late equaliser and a crucial point. Slovacko were our last opponents of the month, and a dull 0-0 followed, although both sides had chances to win the game. We finished the month in the relegation zone.

Next month

Win. Two very winnable games coming up against Jihlava and Dukla Prague, plus the two legged cup tie which could see us into the semi finals. We also await our first intake with excellent youth training.

Not the month you could have done with, guess one positive is you didn't lose against Zizkov but a win against them would have put you in a slightly better position

Definitely, but we've had a strong March and our youth intake was pretty decent so we've got some real positives going for us right now. Unfortunately I've been away with work and am moving house at the moment so haven't had a lot of time to write it up.

3sHG47f.png

March 2021

Zynot Liga

MrKFwfN.png

AC9J8qD.png

Ceská pošta Cup

CYoQnuE.png

Manager's notes

We began with the first leg of our cup-tie against Jihlava, and a 7th minute goal from Kolar gave us a priceless advantage. A real 6 pointer against Dukla Prague in our return to league action saw Vladyka give us the lead and a huge victory. Our middle game against Jihlava fell in the league, and a goal from Pacholik was enough to secure us all three points and put some breathing space between us and the relegation zone. We took the goal advantage to Jihlava in the cup, and Wojnar gave us an almost unassailable lead with his first of the season. A MoM performance from Zacharias kept the home side at bay and we made it into the final four! Our final game of the month saw us face Mlada Boleslav who were chasing the title. Missing Pacholik and Ofori left us rudderless, and we succumbed to a disappointing 2-0 defeat.

Next month

Keep our heads above water in the league and dream about the cup.

3sHG47f.png

Youth Intake 2020

gTq1VdF.png

Wow. If there was a class of 92 for Vitkovice. This is impressive and almost all of them will feature for the first team at some point. Koubek is already first team ready, and not willing to discuss a contract! One step forward, two steps back.

Prospects:

1. Callum Abbott

2. Martin Janousek

3. Michal Koubek

4. Radek Novotny

5. Filip Kroupa

3sHG47f.png

April 2021

Zynot Liga

Gruu7C5.png

rD2Ob25.png

Ceská pošta Cup

fq20kZm.png

Manager's notes

Pacholik scored the opener from a Kolar corner against Snojmo, before Vladyka doubled our advantage. Pacholik grabbed a third for his brace, and despite a late consolation, Pacholik then finished with his third and a hat trick and we had an amazing 4-1 win. Our semi final against Fotbalová Národní Liga side Kladno saw us fall behind in the 7th minute, before Pacholik continued his fine form, firstly by levelling and then giving us the lead. We conceded an equaliser in the 91st minute but had two crucial away goals. Then we took on our rivals Banik Ostrava and were humbled, as our strong run came to an end. The biggest game under my management, the cup semi second leg was next, and Kladno arrived at the Mestsky knowing we had the advantage. Wojnar grabbed the opener, and then gave us a commanding lead with his second from Koubek's first assist for the club. Kladno pulled one back, but we held out and reached our first major final albeit without playing anyone higher than 13th in the league. You've got to love knockout competitions, as we would take on 11th placed Hradec Kralove for our first major piece of silverware. We returned to league action against deposed champions Jablonec who were struggling in 9th place, and we ground out a deserved 0-0 draw to pick up another crucial point. We had a week to prepare for Brno, but were unable to make it count as we dominated but couldn't find a winner as we drew 0-0 again. Finally, the cup final happened at the end of the month. I think it deserves it's own post, so it'll get one!

Next game

Cup final day!

P.S. Jihlava are down, so I only need to match Dukla Prague's results over the final four league games and we're safe for another season!

Great intake, hopefully you'll get Koubek to sign a contract, never known a youth player not to so that is strange. Some good wins against rivals there.

Very strange. We'll see what happens in the off season.

Great new generation you've got.

It was just awesome to see that class pop up in my inbox. Delighted.

Hope Koubek eventually signs a contract.

Me too. He's proving to be a very useful player as you'll see!

3sHG47f.png

April 2021

Ceská pošta Cup Final

6gNGfPv.png

Our run to the final was relatively easy, and we were facing an opponent of similar stature. I'm not sure we'll ever have a better chance.

ZGFkXZb.png

No-one was giving us much of a chance.

wkxaapg.png

Historic game for the club, but importantly for these players.

e8hZqpR.png

How our opponents would set up.

zhSRXH7.png

We would match them with a 4-4-2 of our own.

3sHG47f.png

April 2021

Ceská pošta Cup Final

We fell behind in just the 5th minute, Marek Cervenka giving Hradec the lead. The teams went back and forth for a while, and then my Wunderkind Michel Koubek equalised with a sharp shot from the edge of the box in the 31st minute. We reached half time, and the message was clear. 'We can still win this boys!' The even game continued as both teams probed without really creating any chances, before Zacherias made a super stop to keep us in it. Kriva and Plesek replaced Musil and Vladkya respectively in the 70th minute, before Hradec were reduced to 10 men with 15 minutes to go. We couldn't find a breakthrough, and the match would go to penalties. Hradec missed their first penalty before Pacholik gave us a 1-0 lead. We traded penalties to make it 3-2 as we reached the fourth round. Zacherias made himself a hero, as he stopped the penalty giving Wojnar a chance to win it. Hradec's 'keeper kept it out, and it fell to Zacherias to once again keep the Hradec striker at bay. He did, and we won the first piece of silverwere under my reign!

x7PZQmI.png

What a result. Just amazing.

qa4ND4T.png

Reading it back, we've played really well and shown real character.

r1Y5LH7.png

It wasn't the most challenging run.

DdZCbn0.png

Fans are delighted...

s0vIKhn.png

... and thanking me for it.

oPFdvXy.png

The board are a tad more sombre, despite the fact they thought we'd go out at the first hurdle.

gHhv3Fc.png

Europa League!

VfzrC3J.png

It's not surprising we're the biggest overachievers really.

Get in!!! Amazing achievement (and intake too).

I've also never seen a regen unwilling to sign a contract with the club he was generated at, what's the situation like now? He's just on trial?

PS, you better stay up now that you're technically playing in Europe. :)

Awesome cup run, good luck in Europe :)

Thanks, we got very lucky with the teams that we faced, but you can only beat what's in front of you!

Fantastic effort in the cup, what a run you've had!

Good luck in the remaining league games too.

Thanks, we're already onto the next challenge

Brilliant!

Now that you have European football, will that kid sign up?

I hope so. We'll see come the end of the season, as Kuchar (our left back) is in the same predicament. Hopefully we'll be able to keep both.

Brilliant, well deserved for your patience doing this alone :D Now to survive!!!

Indeed. Survival is the aim now, especially with a little bit of money coming in that we can hopefully invest.

Congratulations on your cup win, fantastic achievement.

Thanks!

Get in!!! Amazing achievement (and intake too).

I've also never seen a regen unwilling to sign a contract with the club he was generated at, what's the situation like now? He's just on trial?

PS, you better stay up now that you're technically playing in Europe. :)

No, he's on his youth contract, but won't sign professional terms, leaving us open to poachers at other clubs. We're working on it!

Fantastic cup win!

Thanks Delta, hoping this will be the first of many!

For those of you eagerly awaiting the next update... :cool: I've been moving house this week and have no internet in my new place until next week at the earliest. I'm going to be cheeky and try and get my updates sorted out during times when I've got internet access, but if not you may have to wait until next week to see how the relegation battle pans out.

• 2 weeks later...

3sHG47f.png

May 2021

Zynot Liga

6MaNRo1.png

71M5Rin.png

Manager's notes

Now the cup was in the bag, we needed to make sure that we would remain in the top flight for another season. Just 3 days after we had bested them in the cup, we faced Hradec Kralove again at the Mestsky as the same XI were given the same brief. Unfortunately, Hradec were smarting after losing to us in the cup and gave us a 4-0 drubbing as we suffered from the celebration hangover. Slavia Prague were next as we fought to remain in the top flight, but we had to wait for Pacholik to grab an 84th minute winner to give us a priceless three points. Needing only a point to secure our survival for one more season we travelled to Sigma Olomouc, but fell behind in just the 6th minute and then were 2-0 down inside 20 minutes. Despite the defeat, our rivals Banik Ostrava did us a favour, holding Dukla to a draw and giving us enough points to stay up for one more season. With a dead rubber due in our last game, we gave some of the fringe players a chance to shine. Boy did they do us proud, as Koubek gave us the lead and a victory as we rounded off the season in style.

Next month

Regroup and plan for our first season in Europe.

3sHG47f.png

FC Vitkovice

End of Season 5 - 2020/21

Zynot Liga

A more comfortable survival this year, even if it wasn't confirmed until the second to last day. We're likely to be in another scrap next season, but we continue to make progress in each season which can only be a good thing.

Ceská pošta Cup

Champions. Enough said.

Transfers

No transfers, as part of my challenge

First Team

A strong season from this team, but we now need to take yet another step forward. We're another year older, and hopefully another year wiser as we look for midtable safety this season.

Key Players

1. Petr Wojnar - MC - Yet again my player of the season. Mr consistent, and we'll get at least one more season out of him.

2. Karel Pacholik - ST - He needed to make the step up and he did. Top goalscorer and top assister, we wouldn't have stayed up without him.

3. Vojtech Zacherias - GK - Outstanding once again. Crucial saves when we needed them, and made sure that the defence wasn't breached nearly as often as they should've been.

Youth Team

Getting stronger every year, but this season saw a bumper intake and a real lift to the squad.

Best Three 'Yoofs'

1. Karel Pacholik - ST - A great return from the front man, and whilst he's not eligible for this award after next season, he'll be leading the line no doubt.

2. Vojtech Zacherias - GK - There's no pressure on him from anyone else at the moment, but why would there be? It's also his last appearance on this list as he turns 20 in the new season.

3. Jakub Kuchar - DL - An incredibly consistent player for us, but doesn't think we can match his ambition. I'm resigned to losing him at the end of his contract to be honest.

NB: 'Yoofs' are defined as 19 or under in the Simmonds school of management.

Youth Intake

The best intake under my reign. Koubek is already tearing up the first team, and every single one of these prospects will be making a first team appearance at some point, of that I have no doubt.

Facilities

Youth coaching got upgraded, and we saw the emergence of Koubek as a result. If we get any Europa League money, we'll be pushing to upgrade the facilities.

Finances

Losing money hand over fist, and only profitable due to cash injections from the board. With the Europa League looming we'll see if we can change that next season.

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - 14th and safety!

Ceská pošta Cup - Second Round - We won it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Ceská pošta Cup | Europa League| Champions League |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 10th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2017/18 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 11th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2018/19 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 2nd | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2019/20 | Zynot Liga | 14th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2020/21 | Zynot Liga | 14th | Winners | N/A | N/A |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/Code]

3sHG47f.png

Start of season six - 2021/22

First Team Squad

Similar squad to last season, but minus Kuchar and Rosnik. Kuchar will be missed, but Rosnik hasn't been able to get in the team so he won't be missed.

Transfers

We're actually in a position where players who haven't made the grade are leaving. It's a strange feeling saying goodbye to two players who aren't actually good enough for this team.

Key Players

1. Petr Wojnar - MC - The motor of this team, and runs the midfield admirably with Musil. If his leadership skills were better, he'd be the captain of this side. Unfortunately he's 32 now, so I'm not sold on his legs lasting after this season.

2. Karel Pacholik - ST - Our vice captain, and chief threat. Double figures in goals and leading assister last season, but I'd like him to really take another stride forward.

3. Michel Koubek - MR - The Wunderkind is still with the club even though we haven't been able to put him on a permanent contract. If we can keep hold of him, he'll be key this season.

This season's objectives

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round

Europa League - Don't embarrass ourselves

This season's objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - Obviously I'll take 14th, but I'd really like the team to make a step forward this year despite the loss of Kuchar weakening the defence which is the best attribute to this side.

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round - After winning the cup last year, I've got no idea where to go from here. Prize money round perhaps?

Europa League - Enjoy it, and hope we get some prize money from the experience

yKOL4E0.png

The first order of business with a new board, increase to our youth coaching

FRbqsdG.png

We're also upgrading our youth facilities, another great step in the right direction with the board

5EfaU6m.png

And training facilties! It was like Christmas, It really was. Although having to wait until the end of next season for the work to commence leaves us open to it being cancelled.

Wow, pumping money in! Staying up should be the goal once again.

May I ask what happened to the tagged youth player Petrous? Had the same CA as Koubek at the time of the intake but was never mentioned.

He plays as an AMR/L which means he doesn't quite fit into the system yet. However, as 4-2-3-1 is one of the formations I use, he's in the first team squad as an option there.

Archived