dan_simmonds

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3sHG47f.png

FC Vitkovice

End of Season 6 - 2021/22

Zynot Liga

We survived again, even if it wasn't easy. I really need the team to stop putting me through the wringer.

Ceská pošta Cup

We weren't going to match last season's achievements, but a strong run to the fourth round.

Super Cup

We lost the season opener to Mlada Boleslav.

Europa League

Fairytale stuff from us. The boys did magnificently to qualify for the group stage and we got to play European giants Ajax and Roma, although we didn't pick up any points.

Transfers

No transfers, as part of my challenge

First Team

We haven't really improved, so we're going to take a long hard look at the squad to decide who is truly ready, and who might be better off with reserve football next season.

Key Players

1. Vlastimil Musil - MC - Completely unloved by the fans, he was magnificent in the middle of the park when he returned from injury. Strong competition is coming his and Wojnar's way though.

2. Petr Wojnar - MC - In what's probably his last season as a full time starter, he was excellent again. However, age is not on his side, and he's getting a lot of pressure.

3. Karel Pacholik - ST - Our leading scorer for the second season in a row, but I'd really like him to get 20.

Youth Team

Getting stronger every year, but this season saw a bumper intake and a real lift to the squad.

Best Three 'Yoofs'

1. Pavel Vojtisek - MC - Got an opportunity when Musil was injured and he took it. Unfortunately, he's 3rd/4th in the pecking order still, so more progress is needed to get in front of Musil or Urban.

2. Tomas Kriva - DM - Made the switch back to the 4-1-4-1 an easy decision. Excellent, and expected to improve again this year.

3. Stanislav Petrous - MR - Came through with Koubek, but actually will end up as the better player, not just because Koubek is gone!

NB: 'Yoofs' are defined as 19 or under in the Simmonds school of management.

Youth Intake

Another great intake for us, and 3 of these youngsters are already in the first team squad.

Facilities

Don't want to talk about it, but the upgrades would've been loved and made a massive step forward for the club as a whole.

Finances

We made a profit, but it wasn't enough for the board. I don't get my facilities which would really help this club grow and compete.

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - 14th and safety!

Ceská pošta Cup - Second Round - 4th Round

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Ceská pošta Cup | Europa League| Champions League |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 10th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2017/18 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 11th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2018/19 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 2nd | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2019/20 | Synot Liga | 14th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2020/21 | Synot Liga | 14th | Winners | N/A | N/A |
| 2021/22 | Synot Liga | 14th | 4th Round | Group Stage | N/A |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/Code]

3sHG47f.png

Preseason 2022

tvuuZO9.png

Manager's notes

Two weeks off, and we were back with a slightly tweaked 23 man squad ready to get the preseason underway. We began against Dukla Hranice, with some tweaks made to the team based upon an offseason review. Pacholik opened the scoring after a superb pass by Urban, and then doubled his tally shortly afterwards. He completed his hat-trick before the half time break, before Musil whilst readjusting to a new midfield partner in Urban grabbed our fourth before the half. We changed things around at half time, and Navratil gave us a fifth. Plesek reminded me of his abilities as I decided whether to try and bring another young striker through, and we had a comfortable first win. Novy Jicin followed, and Petrous gave us the lead in the 2nd minute before Urban doubled the advantage. Navratil again got on the scoresheet in the second half, and we made it 2 from 2. Pacholik opened the scoring against Lipnik, and then scored a second a minute later. Musil continued his fine form with a third, before Kopecky marked his senior debut with a goal. Our penultimate friendly saw Vecera give us the lead against Prerov before Urban scored again to give us a two goal lead. Vecera completed his hat-trick within 14 minutes and we were cruising. Petrous added a fifth at half time, before Kopecky and Navratil again added gloss to an outstanding result. The final game of the preseason saw us take on Unicov, and Vecera once again opened the scoring. Pacholik doubled the advantage in the 26th minute, before we went crazy between minutes 30 to 40 with four goals. Vecera again, Pacholik completing his hat-trick and Urban all scored to give us a 6-0 half time lead, and Navratil was once again on hand to provide the gloss to finish the game off.

Next month

Confidence is high after that preseason, let's just hope that we can get off to a good start in the league.

3sHG47f.png

Start of season seven - 2022/23

First Team Squad

We've made adjustments based upon an offseason review. The first choice XI are all now youth players brought through under my stewardship. We've said goodbye to Wojnar who is no longer a regular player, and we're able to cut the second largest wage from our bill. This group looks so promising though.

Transfers

This year we're saying goodbye to a number of players who were good enough to make a number of appearences for the team, but ultimately have been usurped. Sadek is the biggest loss here, but he never recovered from a catastrophic injury in his first full season with the team.

Key Players

1. Karel Pacholik - ST - Newly appointed permanent skipper, and chief goal threat in this team. He needs to deliver at least 20 this season, but I'm backing him to have a good go at it.

2. Vlastimil Musil - MC - Takes over Wojnar's role as elder statesman in the middle of the park, but is the man alongside playmaker Urban and the glue that will hold this midfield together.

3. Stanislav Petrous - MR - Michel Who? Koubek left, and gave us a huge hole on the right hand side to fill. Petrous filled it with abundance, and his creativity down the right hand side will be crucial to creating the chances Pacholik needs to thrive.

This season's objectives

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round

This season's objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - I'm tired of battling bravely against relegation. Can I have a comfortable season. Just this once. Please?

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round - I'd really like to have another go at winning the cup, but I'll take a good run. Who knows what could happen?

3sHG47f.png

July 2022

Synot Liga

w2p7VMq.png

QkXZ60I.png

Manager's notes

We fell behind just three minutes into the season, and whilst previous Vitkovice teams have struggled under that sort of pressure, Pacholik rose to it to grab an equaliser and a crucial point. We welcomed Slovacko to the Mestsky, and this time Pacholik gave us the lead. Nespor doubled our advantage from a corner and we secured all three points despite a late Slovacko consolation. A great start for us in the league.

Next month

Keep this form going! We face promoted sides Dukla Prague and Jihlava next, so 6 points from there would be very welcome.

3sHG47f.png

August 2022

Synot Liga

TSQcnEU.png

fTVRAzV.png

Ceská pošta Cup

HKcrPWj.png

Manager's notes

Newly promoted Dukla Prague came to the Mestsky, and after a dull first half Pacholik and Musil combined to give us the advantage. We were pegged back in the 87th minute though, and had to settle for a point from a game I felt we should've won. A trip to Jihlava was next up, and Vecera scored the goal to give us the lead just before half time. We controlled the second half, and took a huge win as we continued to remain unbeaten. League leaders Mlada Boleslav were our final league opponents for the month, and a dull first half ended all square. Our opponents took the lead in the 57th minute, and then a second with 15 minutes to go to consign us to our first defeat of the season, before we conceded a third late on. We had an immediate chance to bounce back though as we faced Trinec in the cup, but despite dominating the game we couldn't find a goal. Fortunately this young team has got a lot of bottle, and came through on penalties to put us into the third round.

Next month

Continue to pick up points, and try to stay in the top half.

3sHG47f.png

September 2022

Synot Liga

4kZCjX0.png

KMGYtIP.png

Ceská pošta Cup

fz55d6F.png

Manager's notes

Vecera gave us the lead in the opening minute of the month, and we restricted Znojmo to long shots to open the month with a win. Rivals Banik Ostrava were next, and we 'welcomed' them to the Mestsky. A 0-0 draw was a good result for us as we kept our position in the top half following a MoM display from Zacherias. A cup game against Hlucin gave us the chance to find some goalscoring form, but we couldn't and had to sneak through on a penalty shootout again. We took the lead against Teplice through Kolar, but conceded a 84th minute equaliser to win another crucial point and round the month off in the heady heights of 6th.

Next month

Keep the form going

3sHG47f.png

October 2022

Synot Liga

0raZ35E.png

CDAduwA.png

Ceská pošta Cup

jkb5fPT.png

Manager's notes

We took the lead against Jablonec, but once again were pegged back for another draw. An even game against Hradec Kralove saw them take a 50th minute lead they'd never relinquish before we played rival Banik Ostrava in the 4th round of the cup. We fell 3-0 behind before Vecera scored late on to give us half of a chance going into the second leg. We welcomed Sigma Olomouc to the Mestsky, but they proved too strong for us and ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. The final game of the month saw us face Slovan Liberec in what was an even game, aside from the fourth minute goal that gave our opponents the win. We were the real winners though as we remained comfortably in mid table.

Next month

Play out our final games before the winter break and then look forward to a strong second half of the season.

3sHG47f.png

Nov/Dec 2022

Synot Liga

D839Lpn.png

v4hMNwD.png

Ceská pošta Cup

etycTRJ.png

Manager's notes

The month opened with the second leg of our cup tie with Banik Ostrava, and a dull game was punctuated by Vecera scoring a winner, although the one goal wasn't enough to turn the tie in our favour. An away game at Slavia Prague saw us fall 2-0 behind, before Pacholik broke his barren run off the bench but without a huge success. We faced Sparta Prague next, and Vecera and Pacholik had us 2-0 up inside 26 minutes. Despite Sparta pulling one back before half time with a penalty, we saw the game out and had a priceless win. Title chasing Viktoria Plzen came to us in the second to last game before the break, and again, as other teams have, showed their superiority and ran out comfortable winners. The final game before the winter break saw us concede a 93rd minute goal to succumb to defeat, but finish mid-table as we headed into the winter break.

Next month

Rest, recuperate and get ready for a big second half of the season

3sHG47f.png

Winter Break 2023

Iq9qHtE.png

Manager's notes

Pacholik broke his leg 11 minutes into the winter break warmups, and left Kopecky to lead the line. Kopecky responded by firing us in front against Bardejov, before Michal Kocourek grabbed a second from the penalty spot as we had a solid start to the warmups. We faced Hranice next, and Kopecky once again gave us the lead. His goal was supplemented with goals from Urban and then Vecera, as the young guns began to click. Our final warmup saw us take on Prostejov, this time Urban giving us the lead before Petrous scoring a second and completing a good preseason for us.

Next month

Kick on as we take on teams around us.

3sHG47f.png

Feb 2023

Synot Liga

MfWQuMC.png

ZT7317r.png

Manager's notes

We returned to league action against Slovacko, and Vecera gave us an early lead. Slovacko though had been boosted by some mid season signings, and one of them Romagnoli equalised before we fell behind in the 72nd minute. Just as I had given up hope, Navratil grabbed us an equaliser and another crucial point. We travelled to Prague to face Dukla, and took the lead with Kopecky's first senior competitive goal. Just after half time, we were pegged back but took another crucial point in our battle against the drop. We welcomed Jihlava, knowing three points would give us a huge boost heading into the final ten games. Unfortunately, we were unable to get the go ahead goal, but picked up another point to keep us safely enconsed in 12th, four points above the relegation zone.

Next month

Picking up a couple of wins would be really nice, but I'm looking forward to another youth intake the most.

It's slow progress, but you're looking a little bit better than last season. Hopefully the good run in the friendlies can improve morale into the 2nd half of the season.

Thanks, we're sliding back down the table a little, but we've got at least 4 points gap which is more comfortable than it normally is.

Goals are starting to pick up a bit. Keep it up.

PS - I have to admit I sort of love that you're having a hard time flying up the table. Don't really enjoy when people go from unemployed to Champions League winners overnight so this is something fresh to me. I know it's the youth challenge, but still!

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing you not get sucked into the relegation dogfight sometime soon. :)

Goals are starting to pick up a bit. Keep it up.

PS - I have to admit I sort of love that you're having a hard time flying up the table. Don't really enjoy when people go from unemployed to Champions League winners overnight so this is something fresh to me. I know it's the youth challenge, but still!

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing you not get sucked into the relegation dogfight sometime soon. :)

Cheers. We're really struggling without Pacholik which is strange as he's not rated as highly by my coaches. In terms of not getting sucked into the relegation dogfight... well, you'll see in the next updates later.

3sHG47f.png

March 2023

Synot Liga

gEtscio.png

ET4Yg1U.png

Manager's notes

Top of the table Mlada Boleslav were our first opponents of the month, and we held them for 70 minutes but fell to our first defeat in four games. Rivals Banik Ostrava were our next game as we found ourselves in 14th, but still 4 points clear of the dropzone. We lost again by a goal to nil, and left us under even more pressure as we faced Znojmo. We were level at half time, and the recalled Plesek gave us the lead on his first start of the season. We hung on until 8 minutes from time before we finally conceded an equaliser. A hard earnt point, but perhaps could've been so much more.

Next month

Keep pushing. We have a small gap between ourselves and the relegation zone, and we need to make sure that we keep that cushion.

3sHG47f.png

Youth Intake 2023

TCMrM9L.png

The worst intake we've had in a while, but were still able to beat the current U19's 2-1. Only seven of them have been offered a contract to stay here though, and we'll be looking for them to add more strength into the U19 squad.

Prospects:

1. Josef Licka

2. Tomas Hruby

3. Miroslav Divis

4. Vlastimil Mezlik

5. Tomas Rambous

3sHG47f.png

April 2023

Synot Liga

csp2ydh.png

bMJXoSt.png

Manager's notes

We needed a win, and faced bottom of the league Teplice. Plesek kept up his form and gave us the lead before Petrous doubled the advantage and gave us a crucial three points in our battle to fight the drop. Vecera gave us a first half lead against Jablonec, and Martin Malina scored his first goal for the club to give us a 2-0 lead. Jablonec came roaring back and after Fojtik gave away a penalty, Jablonec robbed us of three points in the 3rd minute of added time. The games continued to pile up, and we faced Hradec Kralove next. Our opponents scored twice in two minutes to rock us early in the second half, and we then conceded a third, yet again in the last minute of the game as it became an irritating regular occurance. We fell behind in the first minute of our game against Sigma Olomouc, and despite chances weren't able to get back into it, as we conceded another late goal to fall to 2-0 defeat. Our final game of the month saw Slavia Prague visit us at the Mestsky. An even game was punctuated by the opening goal for our opponents in the 70th minute, before we conceded late on (AGAIN!) for the fourth game in a row.

Next month

Work out how to stop us conceding late goals, but know that we need a win to almost certainly be safe.

3sHG47f.png

May 2023

Synot Liga

hZMfksp.png

YUDfATb.png

Manager's notes

The final month saw us have 3 games in 7 days, and we began against Slovan Liberec where Ludek Sip opened the scoring with a sumptuous drive from out on the left wing before Kopecky came off the bench to secure a second goal and give us a massive three points to leave us 5 clear of the relegation zone. We've always had a good record against Sparta Prague, and we visited them knowing a point would almost certainly guarantee our survival. We duly took a 0-0 draw and the point left us 6 clear of the relegation zone and safe for another season. The curtain fell on a fairly productive season, and we faced Viktoria Plzen who were guaranteed a Europa League spot. We went down by a goal to nil, but the result didn't put a dampener on the season, we were safe once again.

Next month

Take our few weeks off, and then get back to work.

The clubs getting relegated must really hate you by now. :lol:

Another decent season all in all. What do you think is stopping you from making the breakthrough to midtable? Looking forward to the season review and another go at it next year.

• 2 weeks later...
The clubs getting relegated must really hate you by now. :lol:

Another decent season all in all. What do you think is stopping you from making the breakthrough to midtable? Looking forward to the season review and another go at it next year.

Facilities and players to be honest. We're going to struggle as the youth players we're producing aren't always quite up to Synot Liga standard even at full CA, and the ones we get with any real talent are often picked up by bigger clubs. We're just going to have to keep ploughing on.

Dodged a bullet again. This is proving a difficult challenge, I commend you on your patience!

Thanks, this is certainly one of the harder challenges I've faced - I'll take a comfortable season where I finish in the top half at this point.

At least it wasn't so tight this time.

No it wasn't, it'd be nice to be really comfortable at the end of next season.

3sHG47f.png

FC Vitkovice

End of Season 7 - 2022/23

Zynot Liga

More comfortable than the last few years, we were almost certain to stay up as we entered May and that's how it proved. A nice step forward, and we see the boys go forward another step.

Ceská pošta Cup

Similar to last season, we made hard work of it to reach the fourth round, and then fell to a fellow Synot Liga team, this time it was our rivals Banik Ostrava. Still, we exceeded board expectations, so it's a positive all in all.

Transfers

No transfers, as part of my challenge

First Team

There's been a step forward this year, and as the team gains more and more experience, we become harder to beat. No-one is really threatening a huge break through from the U21's, so it's likely next season's squad will have a similar flavour to it.

Key Players

1. Stanislav Vecera - ML - He really stepped up this year, weighing in with important goals and assists. If we had a striker capable of putting the ball away, I think he'd end up with a lot more assists.

2. Vlastimil Musil - MC - Outstanding all season long, and is now one of the key heads in the team. Adjusted well to playing the deeper role to allow Urban to flourish.

3. Tomas Urban - MC - This guy is going to be a talisman for this team. Suffered an early finish to his season with a broken ankle, but showed enough to build this team around him.

Youth Team

The youth teams are getting better, finishing mid table in their respective leagues. Some good talents here, that are being allowed to play their way through the club rather than learning on the job in the first team.

Best Three 'Yoofs'

1. Stanislav Vecera - ML - We covered him above, but this is the last time he will be eligible for this award. Great stuff though from the 19 year old.

2. Tomas Urban - MC - Massive potential for Urban, but at such a young age, he's the type of player I'll be building this team around.

3. Ladislav Prochazka - MC - Stepped into the side when Urban broke his ankle, and now the pressure is on for Musil and Urban to keep him out of the side.

NB: 'Yoofs' are defined as 19 or under in the Simmonds school of management.

Youth Intake

Possibly the worst intake I've seen since I've been here. We only kept 7 on to stay with us, but it shows that there is a far higher standard that these players now have to reach to continue to remain part of this club.

Facilities

We have no money to improve anything!

Finances

Significant losses over the season sees us really need this year's sponsorship money. We need at least two sustained seasons in Europe to make some real progress I think.

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - 14th, and this time with a little room to spare!

Ceská pošta Cup - Third Round - 4th Round

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Ceská pošta Cup | Europa League| Champions League |
| 2016/17 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 10th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2017/18 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 11th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2018/19 | Fotbalová Národní Liga | 2nd | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2019/20 | Synot Liga | 14th | 3rd Round | N/A | N/A |
| 2020/21 | Synot Liga | 14th | Winners | N/A | N/A |
| 2021/22 | Synot Liga | 14th | 4th Round | Group Stage | N/A |
| 2022/23 | Synot Liga | 14th | 4th Round | N/A | N/A |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/Code]

xN6IMJg.png

The cash from the Urban sale means we can upgrade our youth facilities.

eqa4IM1.png

And also our training facilities. If we can actually make this happen, we're going to be in an amazing place as we continue to battle for Synot Liga progression.

3sHG47f.png

Preseason 2023

MPNTigy.png

Manager's notes

Fulnek were the first opponents of six preseason games, Navratil opening the scoring before Vecera doubled our advantage in first half stoppage time. Pacholik came off the bench as part of the second string XI for the first time and netted the third to prove he was nearing his best after last season's horrific injury. Navratil opened the scoring again in our second game against Kromeriz, before Pacholik once again tried to force my hand with a second late on. I responded to his claims and put him back in the starting lineup against Rymanov. He rewarded my faith in him with five first half goals before the second team took over, as Kopecky bagged two before Vojtisek and Kounovsky made sure to remind me that we have a stronger squad than ever. As the games kept coming thick and fast, the first choice XI weren't able to get it done in their half against Nove Sady, but Petrous and Sip were able to give us another win, and another clean sheet. The penultimate preseason friendly saw Pacholik give us the lead once again, before Musil grabbed a second. Vecera rounded off the scoring in the second half, and we took another nice victory into our final game of the preseason. The opposition arrived in the form of Slavicin in which Pacholik opened the scoring before suffering an injury that would rule him out from the start of the season. Navratil scored yet again to cement his place over Petrous on the right hand side, and Vecera scored a third to finish the preseason on a high.

Next month

Start strongly in the league and put enough points between us and the relegation zone early on.

3sHG47f.png

Start of season eight - 2023/24

First Team Squad

Possibly the strongest team I've had since I've been here, but vultures are circling around Nespor, and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold them off.

Transfers

We've lost Urban, but made a significant profit on him and also made some money on Abbott. Everyone else has left with our best wishes, including Novak who looked like he would be a mainstay for the longest time but hasn't developed as we hoped he would.

Key Players

1. Stanislav Vecera - ML - The pacey winger was our player of the season last year, and now has to back that up with another commanding season. Lots to prove to show us it wasn't a one off.

2. Vlastimil Musil - MC - The vice captain remains one of our most important players, and has another new midfield partner in Prochazka. He's the glue of this team, and crucial to our success.

3. Jiri Kopecky - ST - He's going to get first bite of the cherry due to Pacholik's injury, and he's the one with the most upside. If he can take his chances, then Pacholik is going to have a real problem.

This season's objectives

Board Objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round

This season's objectives

Zynot Liga - Battle bravely against relegation - Same as every year, but a little progress would be nice.

Ceská pošta Cup - 3rd Round - We should be comfortably in the third round, but another cup would be great as we try to reach Europe for the second time.

3sHG47f.png

Jul/Aug 2023

Synot Liga

l2oIRu8.png

Manager's notes

We opened the season with a game against Viktoria Plzen, and Kopecky opened his (and our) account for the season in just the 7th minute. Our opponents equalised in the 40th minute, and were then reduced to 10 men around the hour mark. Despite our best efforts we weren't able to break the deadlock and had to settle for a point. Our game with Viktoria Zizkov was winding down towards a draw when substitute Plesek grabbed an 88th minute winner to give us 3 well deserved points. Newly promoted Bisany were the next opponents, and we blew them away with a 4 goal first half. Kopecky with two goals, Musil and Navratil to give us the commanding lead and the game was rounded off by Petrous. The penultimate game of the month saw us take on Dukla Prague, and we were undone by some clinical finishing from our opponents as we succumbed to a 2-0 defeat. Finally we faced off against Slovacko, but we outplayed as we suffered our second defeat in a row.

Next month

Continue our strong start and stay well clear of the relegation zone.

3sHG47f.png

September 2023

Synot Liga

sVeeijQ.png

Ceská pošta Cup

JLg2CEn.png

Manager's notes

September opened with a match against Slavicin in the cup, and after a poor first half, Navratil opened the scoring just after the hour. Koutny doubled our advantage 2 minutes later, Prochazka grabbed a third before Plesek came off the bench to round off the victory. Our first league game saw us fall behind against Mlada Boleslav, but Navratil equalised and we took a great point away from the game. We welcomed Slavoj Vysehrad to the Mestsky, but neither team were able to find a goal, and we took another hard earned point. We travelled to Dvur Kralove in the cup, and Navratil continued his fine form with the opener. Kopecky and Vecera put us in control with two goals in two minutes, before Navratil and Vecera completed their braces in another two minute burst to put us 5-0 up at half time. Kopecky completed his hat-trick within 6 minutes of resumption, and Pacholik came off the bench after injury to round off an incredible victory. The final game of the month saw us face Znojmo and we took another 0-0 draw away to grab another point.

Next month

Enjoy the season we're having. We're doing well and we just need to keep going.

3sHG47f.png

October 2023

Synot Liga

pYuZYjr.png

QwnW5Tm.png

Ceská pošta Cup

jigSZYG.png

Manager's notes

Jablonec showed their class by going 2-0 up inside 25 minutes, and despite a goal from Navratil, we were unable to get an equaliser. We faced rival Banik Ostrava next, but were unable to break our hoodoo against them and lost by a goal to nil. We'd been drawn against Znojmo in the fourth round of the cup, and Kopecky continued his memorable campaign with the opener after 12 minutes and then scored a second early in the second half. We conceded late on to give Znojmo hope, but we'd done well to take a lead into the second leg. The final league game of the month saw us face Hradec Kralove, and Kopecky gave us an early lead. We held on, right until the 91st minute when our opponents grabbed an equaliser to rob us of a great victory.

Next month

Keep going, our form continues to be well above those around the relegation zone and we're building a sizeable cushion.

3sHG47f.png

November 2023

Synot Liga

uGVA4vd.png

DEAVOiQ.png

Ceská pošta Cup

NQLBfQH.png

Manager's notes

We won a penalty, duly converted by Prochazka to give us a 1-0 win in the opening month against Sigma Olomouc. We then took a 2-1 advantage into our second leg of the cup against Znojmo and held on to a 0-0 draw to reach the quarter finals. Tired, we faced Slavia Prague and were duly beaten by 2 goals to nil. After the international break we played Slovan Liberec, and fell behind in the 20th minute after a penalty conceded by Koutny. Kopecky rescued a point for us in the second half and we continued to pick up points.

Next month

We're getting some great results, and we face a team we often beat, Sparta Prague next.

3sHG47f.png

December 2023

Synot Liga

ObnWdSJ.png

s3udsXx.png

Manager's notes

The month opened with a visit to the Mestsky for Sparta Prague. An even game was punctuated in the 85th minute, as Navratil grabbed an important winner. The final game before the winter break saw us lose by a single goal to Viktoria Plzen but we headed into the offseason with a large cushion over the bottom two.

Next month

Look back at a productive first half of the season, and prepare for the second half of what could be a real momentum changing season for this club.

3sHG47f.png

Winter Break 2024

IZys4hs.png

Manager's notes

We opened our Winter Break program against regular opponents Hranice, and despite early dominination found ourselves behind. 3 goals in 6 incredible late first half minutes saw us take a 3-1 lead as Kopecky equalised, Navratil put us ahead and then Kopecky got his second. We saw the game out and took a crucial win. The first XI weren't able to get things done against Prostejov, but Pacholik reminded me of his quality as he grabbed a late winner to make it 2 from 2. Our final warm up saw us face Hulin, where a rare Kriva goal gave us the lead after 4 minutes. Prochazka doubled the advantage just before half time, before Vojtisek scored late on to round off another decent warmup before the second half of the season.

Next month

Start strongly against bottom side Bisany, and continue to put space between us and the bottom sides.

3sHG47f.png

Feb 2024

Synot Liga

QdsMgtb.png

Manager's notes

We faced bottom side Bisany, and Navratil gave us the lead after 18 minutes. Kounovsky doubled our advantage 5 minutes after half time, before Kopecky rounded off the result and a big win. Next up were Viktoria Zizkov, and we fell behind early on. Despite our best efforts we looked as though we were heading for defeat, but substitute Pacholik grabbed an equaliser and earned us a crucial point.

Next month

Welcome the new youth candidates, and face the cup quarter finals.

3sHG47f.png

Youth Intake 2024

XnibaMW.png

Another intake that shows the quality coming through has started to level off, and we keep on only 8 of the players. The youth candidates managed a credible 2-2 draw with the U19's, but it's hard to see if many of these guys will make it to the first team, especially if we're able to make our upgrades.

Prospects:

1. Ondrej Hajek

2. Vojtech Kuchar

3. Marek Dragoun

4. David Dobias

5. Ludek Pospisil

3sHG47f.png

March 2024

Synot Liga

meLRQBd.png

AUJE6uh.png

Ceská pošta Cup

03nyYRP.png

Manager's notes

We opened the month away to Slovacko, but found ourselves on the wrong end of a 2-0 defeat. Then came the first leg of our cup quarter final against Viktoria Plzen, and after nearly 80 minutes, Bastl gave us the lead. Unfortunately, Plzen fired back almost instantly and then took a lead into the second leg with a goal two minutes from time although we were the ones with a crucial away goal. Mlada Boleslav were the next opponents, and we were 2-0 down at the half. Kopecky gave us a glimmer of hope 10 minutes from time, but we were eventually put out of our misery as Boleslav got a late penalty to round off the result. A relegation 6 pointer against Dukla Prague saw us grind out another 0-0 draw, as we picked up another crucial point to stay in the Synot Liga for one more season. Vecera gave us the lead in the return leg against Viktoria Plzen to give us the advantage on away goals, and a sterling rearguard action gave us the win, and a winnable semi-final against Kladno! The final game of the month before the international break saw us face Slavoj Vysehrad, and we were behind by two goals after just 8 minutes. The hairdryer came out at half time, and Kopecky scored not once, but twice within 11 minutes of the restart to give us another crucial point.

Next month

Picking up a win would be nice, but we're comfortable, and have a comfortable cushion, whilst we battle to win a place in the cup final.

3sHG47f.png

April 2024

Synot Liga

zkAYEaz.png

ZfVfpP4.png

Ceská pošta Cup

LX0whTA.png

Manager's notes

Znojmo visited the Mestsky as we opened the run-in, and despite our domination our opponents escaped with a 0-0 draw. The semi-final against Kladno saw Kopecky give us the lead after just 7 minutes before we were pegged back 15 minutes later. Kopecky restored our advantage just before half time, and although our opponents equalised again late on, we had two crucial away goals to take back to the Mestsky. League action resumed with a match against hated rivals Banik Ostrava, and Navratil gave us the lead in the 9th minute. Banik equalised before Kriva gave us the lead with a thunderbolt to go in at half time 2-1. Banik equalised again 20 minutes into the second half before Pacholik, having come off the bench scored a cracker of his own to give us the lead once again just two minutes after having been pegged back. We held onto that lead until 2 minutes from time, as Banik snatched a late equaliser as we threw away two points, and more importantly a derby victory. The second leg of our semi-final against Kladno was next, and Prochazka gave us the lead from the penalty spot after half an hour. Vecera doubled our advantage 10 minutes after half time before Pacholik came off the bench to bag a third and pretty much guarantee ourselves a place in the final. Kladno pulled one back late on, but Pacholik restored our three goal advantage in the last minute as we setup a date with Mlada Boleslav to contest the cup final for the second time in my career with the team. After the high of reaching the cup final, we found things a little more difficult against Jablonec, and eventually succumbed to a 1-0 defeat. The final game of the month (and before our cup final) was against Hradec Kralove, and we again suffered a 1-0 defeat as the teams below us slowly gained ground.

Next month

Cup final time! Also hold our position and stay up!

3sHG47f.png

May 2024

Ceská pošta Cup Final

50hnQeo.png

More difficult than the last run to the final, and a tougher opponent to boot. This will prove to be a real test of our credentials.

RRk7XQ1.png

7-1 odds? Might whack £10 on that.

boOCkFJ.png

Our second final, and a chance for us to reach the promised land of Europe once again.

9vBYEGC.png

How our opponents would set up.

KukWcql.png

Our 4-1-4-1 counter would setup against a tricky formation.

3sHG47f.png

May 2024

Ceská pošta Cup Final

A difficult game was marked by a difficult beginning as Mlada Boleslav threw the first punch just three minutes in. Zacherias pulled off a crucial stop to keep the scores level, and the game settled into an even pattern of possession, but our opponents looked more dangerous. We reached the interval level, but very much lucky to be in the game. I could tell that this game would be decided by the next goal, so the boys were sent out with the task of getting it. Unfortunately, neither team really created any chances of any note in the second half, and the closest we came was a Vecera shot being screwed wide from a tight angle. Like our last appearance in the cup final, the game went to penalties with Boleslav taking first. Kopecky, Musil, Kriva and Kounovsky all traded the first four penalties with their counterparts, and we reached a sudden death moment for the fifth penalties. Zacherias is a keeper that has consistently produced and never let the team down since the day I made him first choice 'keeper. He had been our hero in the final three years previously, and pulled off a wondersave to hand us a slender advantage as Petrous stepped forward to take a crucial spot kick before his departure for pastures new. He buried it, and despite not having the best of the game we once again had the cup in our hands!

9DqJDoE.png

No real chances for either side except the one in the 3rd minute, but we showed character to win through on penalties.

iF33Md9.png

The lack of info here shows how boring the game was.

23c8J2y.png

A more challenging run than the last one, that's for sure, but delighted we've done it again.

FhJWvYg.png

Fans are jubilant!

XETcrVM.png

And are singing songs about me!

G6Ir4nA.png

The board are delighted, but want me to focus on future challenges! I won the cup, again!

7hs8N1Y.png

I miss the player, but he left on good terms, and glad to know that he rates the job I'm doing.

gOSH8Jg.png

Our second foray into the Europa League will begin next season!

VfzrC3J.png

They call it overachievement, but we had the top goalscorer and top assister in the tournament. I'd say well deserved.

Archived