Player potential

I noticed that players sometimes never reach their potential. Sometimes there isn't a dramatic difference between two different saves but in this case there is a massive difference.

Here is James Wilson on one of my saves, he is England's record goalscorer:

YbGMeEN.jpg

However, here he is on another save, just barely a good premiership player:

ewQMSKT.jpg

I just wondered what could've caused such a massive decline in his development and also wondered if you have had a player like this (potential world class player) who just never reached anywhere near his potential.

I just wondered what could've caused such a massive decline in his development and also wondered if you have had a player like this (potential world class player) who just never reached anywhere near his potential.

apparently Youri Tielemans is a world-class potential player, so him I guess

he ended up suffering a serious injury in season 1, and then got farmed out to one of my created league clubs (maxed facilities) and rarely played a game for them in the following season [the clubs did have around 50 first teamers for the record]

in 2018, he got released by Anderlecht (or was rotting in their reserves)

so (because I've never seen him become good in my saves) I would nominate him

In one of my saves Will Hughes became a worldclass player. English record appearance + captain and playing for real Madrid.

In other save he plays for Roterham [league 1] after an unsuccessful time in West-Bromich. I guess choices matters.

That's the beauty of game. Different scenario based on choices.

In one of my saves Will Hughes became a worldclass player. English record appearance + captain and playing for real Madrid.

In other save he plays for Roterham [league 1] after an unsuccessful time in West-Bromich. I guess choices matters.

That's the beauty of game. Different scenario based on choices.

so which choices he did in first and second scenario? I don't think FM allows players to spend time like Mutu or Morrison..

Is there such thing? Could you elaborate how does it work?

Yes, there is such a thing. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, if I remember correctly, certain players have random PA values, which I think is represented as a negative number. When a new save is started, the game takes that negative number and assigns a random PA value based off that. I think the negative number keeps the random PA value within a certain band, so that you don't get the same player with a PA of, say, 50 in one save and 195 in another.

Is there such thing? Could you elaborate how does it work?
Yes, there is such a thing. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, if I remember correctly, certain players have random PA values, which I think is represented as a negative number. When a new save is started, the game takes that negative number and assigns a random PA value based off that. I think the negative number keeps the random PA value within a certain band, so that you don't get the same player with a PA of, say, 50 in one save and 195 in another.

-10 = 170-200

-9 = 150-180

-8 = 130-160

-7 = 110-140

-6 = 90-120

-5 = 70-100

-4 = 50-80

-3 = 30-60

-2 = 10-40

-1 = 0-30

And 0 PA is completely random, IIRC.

In these cases though, it won't be because of his PA. He could have picked up a serious injury. He could have transferred to a team and barely played, thus not fully developing and ending up at Derby.

• 6 months later...

Okay, so i'm sorry for 'bumping' but I didn't see the point of making a new thread when all I want to do is ask 1 question:).

I know it's a bit of a random question but I was wondering whether or not a regen player can have a 'random' potential. Thanks

No, they get a fixed PA when generated.

Same applies to real players given a random PA value in the data, when a save is created a fixed PA is selected within the allowable range of the random PA score.

Archived