FM15: Valencia CF - The future was dim, now it's brighter with Lim!

Ty

Yeah Andre Gomes has great attributes now.

Enzo Perez is useless, I'll be selling him as soon as I can. Waste of wages for me.

Also, injuries seem to be much more common in this one. I usually lose at least one player a game to an injury, then a couple over the international break too

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a career with Valencia on the new patch. Always start with first transfer off, so no budget for players although I asked and got an increase in the wage budget. Come October due to good management of the wage budget the board gave me 3.8 million to spend

on transfer fees. Tried to buy Vallejo. Had to offer his buy out fee of 1.1 million but couldn't agree terms. A month later tried again. He agreed terms but signed a new contract with Zaragoza with a new buy out fee of over 8 million.

After 13 league games I'm third in the table, unbeaten, and three points behind Real Madrid and Barcelona. In my last game I beat Barcelona at home 3-2.

Maybe it's my fault but I'm having a lot of injury problems. Usually between 4 and 8 players out at any one time.

Managed to re negotiated contracts with several of the main players to have larger buy out clauses.

Overall enjoying this save immensely so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread guys! Been reading most of the posts now and I must say I can´t wait to start with Valencia! However, I´m wondering whether I should start with or without the data-update. Is someone in here able to explain a Valencia novice the difference between the pre- and post-update Valencia team/economy etc.? :) Which would you choose?

So decided to start with Valencia, using the january update.

Only two transfers so far: Ruben Neves on a season-long loan, and Jesus Vallejo for £1,1 million.

Currently struggling with trying to keep Parejo, Gaya and Feghouli... Did manage to get Gaya to sign a new contract, getting his release clause to £30 million. That caused Man Utd and Chelsea to lose interest. Parejo and Feghouli however, are not happy with me rejecting offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed 1st season. Ended up 3rd in the league behind Champions Barcelona and Real Madrid with 83 points one less than Real Madrid. W25 D8 L 5 Goals for 78 Goals against 28. lost to Barcelona in the semi finals of the Spanish cup. Alcacer scored 16 league goals in25 appearances. Rodrigo De Paul was my best player. Otamendi was sold to Manchester City when they triggered his release clause of £37 million. Bought Balanta as a replacement for £10 million. Victor Ruiz was sold to Villareal for £3 million.

Happy with the first season. Not a lot of money to spend in the transfer window.

Started season 2. After 3 league games I'm lying third having won 2 and drawn 1. Tough champions league group with Bayern Munich Liverpool and Chelsea.

Still enjoying the challenge.

I'm gonna make a save with Valencia.

With the budget they have now, the amount of talent you can bring in.. pwoah.

I'm just thinking, i don't know who to necessarily bring in with Valencia with the 15.3+ update, things being changed etc.

One player i always buy is Romero, number 1 is always Lucas Romero, i could bring in Balanta but the budget is abit restrictive for those two, even if i get a good price for Feghouli but i would want to hold onto him for atleast a season or two.

Can someone give me very good recommendations of wonderkids that i should buy that would suit Valencia?

Romero and Balanta are obvious.. but dat budget doe.

Started with Valencia last night. Had to offer a few players new deals to up their clause fees so I now have no money left after also signing Vallejo and Neves on loan. 8 injuries before the season started so Vallejo had to start in midfield in the first game away at Sevilla, we did win one nil though so not all bad. Had one offer for Feghouli from Monaco which was laughable, think even with caluses it came to less than 5m. Need to flog someone now or in January so I can afford to get some regens in.

Looks fun though so far with the 4m a month debt repayments.

What's Valencia's transfer budget like after the 1st season? Surely it should be reasonable considering that Peter Lim, who is a billionaire, is the owner of the club?

I just finished my 2nd season with Valencia, came second first season and 3rd this season -.- But it depends on who you bring in and how successful your team is during the competitions etc.

I'd look into upgrading facilities first but as of now, I'm assuming Lim gave me this budget but half way through of season two he gave me 47 mil euros, i don't know how but it just happened.

Same thing could happen for you as well, i wouldn't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 completed. Ended up third in the league again with 75 pts. Won 22 drew 9 lost 7. Both champions Barcelona and runners up Real Madrid were well ahead of me.

Got to the final of the Spanish cup but got beat 2-1 by Barcelona.

Won the champions league group and progressed until losing at the quarter final stage 4-3 on aggregate to Manchester United.

During the season I brought in Marquinhos Sergi Samper Sergi Roberto and Lucas Romero. Sold Javi Fuego and Andre Gomes with Feghouli going in pre season. A few other young squad players/prospects came in too.

Wage budget is currently too high with the players I brought in and higher contracts I gave to current squad members to to increase their minimal fee value.

Hopefully interesting times ahead.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Valencia save as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Completed 1st season. Ended up 3rd in the league behind Champions Barcelona and Real Madrid with 83 points one less than Real Madrid. W25 D8 L 5 Goals for 78 Goals against 28. lost to Barcelona in the semi finals of the Spanish cup. Alcacer scored 16 league goals in25 appearances. Rodrigo De Paul was my best player. Otamendi was sold to Manchester City when they triggered his release clause of £37 million. Bought Balanta as a replacement for £10 million. Victor Ruiz was sold to Villareal for £3 million.

Happy with the first season. Not a lot of money to spend in the transfer window.

Started season 2. After 3 league games I'm lying third having won 2 and drawn 1. Tough champions league group with Bayern Munich Liverpool and Chelsea.

Still enjoying the challenge.

Impossible as teams from the same country cannot be in the same group.

• 3 months later...

Started a new game with them after getting bored last time.

One problem is when I asked to get rid of the stupid idea of signing high profile players and instead signing young players and bringing them through it wasn't accepted seemingly by the board. How long will I have to wait to try and change them again?

• 2 weeks later...

Valencia Season 1

M9Vngya.jpg

I am still busy reading through all of the thread and really enjoying it. Still only on page 5... I started my save with Valencia last week and finished my first season today so thought it would be cool to update you all my season. I am playing with whizzkids FM15 transfer database update. So all signings, bar the transfer of Otamendi due to leaving after I started the save, have been updated and transferred to the squad.

Pre-Season:

382ewYP.png

As you can see we had a really good pre-season and really enjoyed the challenge the friendlies with the Europa league qualifying and playoff rounds. The team were excellent and I couldnt have wished for a better start to the season.

Winter:

TbSeXml.png

AbZ4ELL.png

Io5fWCG.png

Spring and Summer:

89LSqpy.png

You can see we had time where we were unbeaten from November to March which was awesome! The dips in form in september where we lost 3 races in a row and then the 2 draws and a loss at the end of the season really let us down. So I hope with a better start and end we can really push the top 2 all the way.

Transfers:

So after analyzing the squad I decided I was going to try and keep the squad in tact/unchanged until at least January. So dont expect too much busines. So lets jump straight into the transfers for the season.

In:

*Matias Kranevitter- 8 mill

*Ruben Neves-Loan

*Tiago Ilori-Loan 15k per month

*Juanmi-Loan

*David Villa-2 mill

I have never used kranevitter and he fitted the transfer policy of signing South Americans and Portuguese players... so I nabbed him. Ilori is a player I really liked watching when he was playing in Portugal but hasnt really had a chance since signing at Liverpool. He added depth to my defence and some nice height too- can buy for 3.6 mill. Juanmi wasnt exactly required but seemed like a good older choice compared to my naive and young players Mina and Bakalli. I just had too. Villas returns was reminescent of that of Drogba and Chelsea. Available on the cheap and returning to a club he is adored by the fans (explains the best selling tops at the club - which I thought was super cool).

These all exclude the loads made when I started the game. Which were Filipe Augusto and Danilo. Which meant we werent really having a problem with numbers for midfield. Filipe really was useful when he played but he was playing enough and with Ruben, Kranevitter, Parejo, Gomes, re trained cm De Paul just wasnt required. This will also explain our exits.

Out:

*Perez-Tottenham-5.5 mill

*Javi Fuego-Everton-1.9 mill

*Piatti-Arsenal-5.5 mill

Really love the way Perez plays football in real life. I just could not get him to play anywhere near the same standard in this save and therefore need to be shifted. Fuego is getting older, his stats were dropping and I thought I may as well just cut my losses ASAP. Piatti was a tough one... He was excellent for me when he played, WHEN HE PLAYED, I swear he would break something every time he stepped on the field. It wasnt the training as he was on low training and his fitness was great. So I had to say goodbye to my mini Messi.

The Squad:

GK-D.Alves/M.Ryan

DL-Gaya/Orban

DCL-Otamendi/Vezo/Orban

DCR-Mustafi/Ilori

DR-Cancelo/Barragan/Mustafi

DM-Kranevitter/Neves

MCL-Gomes/De paul/Parejo/Cano/Augusto

MCR-Parejo/Cano/Neves/Augusto/Cano

AML-Feghouli/Mina/Villa

AMR-Rodrigo/Bakalli/Gill(Nacho)

STC-Negredo/Alcacer/Rodrigo/Villa

League Review:

1*Barcelona 92

2*Real Madrid 85

3*Valencia 80

4*Atletico 71

I set my aim to come in the top 4 knowing that it would be very unlikely that I would knock Barcelona and Real Madrid out of the top 2 and then have to compete with the likes of Sevilla, Real Sociedad and Atletico Madrid.

I have to admit that I was super surprised. The players really stepped up to the mark and fought really hard. We were in first and second for long periods of the season but unfortunately stumbled when it mattered most against Real Madrid and the small teams at the end of the season.

All in all I am pretty pleased with my first year at Valencia and really enjoyed the experience. Third place for a club like Valencia is excellent and I am really looking forward to taking on the big 2 next year.

Europa League Review:

In first Knock out round we would face Jablonec and beat them 4-0 away from home. We then went and won 4-1 at home to give us a 8-1 aggregate win and at this point I am feeling very confident of our chances to go all the way. We got as far as the second round knock out stage where we faced Fenerbahce and won the first leg 1-0 at home and then went away from home to lose it 2-0. We were out. I thought we were unfortunate to lose it but when you dont take those clear cut chances you wont win. Over all happy but with a can do better.

Cup Review:

Went all the way to the Final coming up against Real Madrid in the final. Unfortunately lost it 1-0 to a great screamer from James Rodriguez. They did bombard us with shots on goal and we were lucky to only lose 1-0. They were a lot better than us. Paco Alcacer was the second highest goal scorer with six goals. Jose Gaya got the second highest avg rating with 7.92 and was absolutely excellent! Cancelo, Orban, Rodrigo and Alcacer were just as great as with 7.57, 7.48, 7.4, 7.23. Otamendi was the naughty boy of the group getting the only red card in our team but that did not have a negative impact on the run.

Player review:

Stand outs:

Jose Gaya -As you can see he has been extremely impressive and really enjoyed him on this save. A complete beast as a complete wingback attack.

Rodrigo-Well what can I say that hasnt been said about this guy. He was amazing for me playing as my inverted winger (Inside forward) on the right. 20 goals from wide positions is brilliant.

Cancelo- I did not expect this guy to be as good as he was and I was completely surprised. He was playing the Gaya role on the right and was just awesome.

Gomes- My favourite midfielder on FM15 by far. Just love the guy. He is great all round player that is especially going forward going forward

Squad ratings:

yTL0mDz.png

W0cMsFU.png

Awards:

Top Liga BBVAGoalkeeper: 2nd-Diego Alves

Top Liga BBVA Spanish Goal scorer: 2nd-Negredo

Most improved club: 3rd- Valencia

Team of the season:

*Gaya

*Otamendi

*Gomes

How are you playing the Europa League in the first season? Valencia didn't qualify for it for last season, or for this season if you're on an update?
I am playing an database update (whizzkids FM15 transfer database update). Maybe they put us in the Europa instead of the Champions league qualifications which they have qualified for this year (http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/back-where-they-belong-valencia-return-to-the-champions-league-after-a-2-year-hiatus/).

Archived