An Iberian Adventure : I don't think Iberian here before

Raware

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers, nice run with Marbella, soon you will be in La Liga... will you?
Very Yoda-esque :D

Good job you have done. Seem to be keeping the momentum going :thup:

Nice going so far.
Going well so far, definite improvement each season :thup:

Thanks guys :thup:. I'm pleased with how well we seemed to have adapted to life in LIGA Adelante. A couple more seasons and a couple more quality additions will be enough I think to get out of this division, providing we can keep hold of our current players of course. A few clubs are already sniffing around Mariano and Guillermo.

Marbella - Pre-Season 2017/18

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

League expectation

-------------------------

Spanish Liga Adelante : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 8th (out of 22)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Spanish Cup : 4th round

Transfer budget : £75k

Wage budget : £65k p/w

Current wage bill : £63k p/w

Season tickets sold : 3895 (+123 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : Having narrowly missed out on promotion last season after losing in the play-off semi final, the board are keeping the pressure off us as they want us to finish in a respectable league position. The media are predicting us to finish a little higher in 8th which is probably the lowest at which I’d be happy to finish. Another play-off push would be nice but considering the strength of LIGA Adelante this year with the likes of Getafe, Osasuna and Numancia coming down and Mallorca coming up, not to mention Zaragoza, Las Palmas and Tenerife already in the division, it’s going to be another tough season for us. With us needing to get a little more quality into the squad to make that play-off push and with not a lot of transfer or wage budget available to me again, I’ve had to have a look at the free transfer market once more. Out went 7 players which freed up some more of the wage budget allowing me to bring in 5 players during pre-season…those being Johny Placide on a free transfer, Maximiliano Rolon from Barcelona B on a free and Xabi Castillo from Alaves on a free while Miguel Torres and Samuel Castillejo both join us on season long loans from our parent club, Malaga.

Marbella - Season Review 2017/18

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

Spanish LIGA Adelante/Spanish LIGA Adelante progress : Last season saw us lose in the play-off semi finals so this year I was keen for us to try and amend that with a successful play-off push this time around and we started well, sitting top of the league after 6 games. Many people expected us to fall away as the season went on, myself included due to the lack of depth we had in the squad compared to others in the league, but we didn't as we went on to finish better than a play-off place by winning the league by 10 points in the end ahead of Mallorca (who were actually promoted from the Segunda Division last season. Back to back promotions for them!)

Spanish Cup : We went out at the 4th round stage again, this time to Real Betis as we gave a good account of ourselves despite losing 4-2 on aggregate.

Transfers : As well as bringing in 5 players during pre-season, we also brought in Godsway Donyoh (a former Man City youth product) and Renato, both on free transfers.

Squad : Considering we only had 21 players in the first team (2 of those were loan players), they've done exceptionally well to achieve what they did over the course of the season, especially when you consider what we were up against with the like of the squads of Getafe's and Osasuna's. Mariano once again proved to be a pivotal player for us as he bagged himself 29 goals in 42 games whilst also claiming the LIGA Adelante top scorer award for the 2nd successive season. Our other striker, Diego Mauricio didn't do too badly in the scoring charts either as he grabbed himself 15 goals in 39 games while new signing Maximiliano Rolon had a good debut season with us, scoring 7 and setting up 10. Our 2 loan players, Miguel Torres and Samuel Castillejo have both agreed to join us permanently at the end of the season when their contracts at Malaga run out but probably one of the most pleasing parts of this season was the breakthrough that Matias Rua made after progressing from our youth team as he got himself 4 senior goals in 10 games.

Finances : We're still over £1 million pound in debt but that's all going to change next season when we go up to La Liga and the TV money that we'll get :)...cha ching! :) That should sort us out financially for the foreseeable future!

My views of the season… : A superb season which once again saw us improve on our previous one as we put to bed our play-off disappointment from last season to go on and win the league.

My aims for next season… : There's no denying it...it's going to be tough and we may well be favourites to go straight back down but I believe that given the right signings in the key areas that we need, we might just be able to stay up. Give me 17th now and i'll snatch your hand off!

Career Summary

Season     Team           	 League          		 Position       Spanish Cup	  Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Marbella    		 Segunda Division B4	           1st   (P)    2nd round	  League winners
2015/16    Marbella		 LIGA Adelante			   10th		2nd round	  -
2016/17    Marbella              LIGA Adelante			   5th          4th round         Lost in Play-off Semi final
2017/18    Marbella		 LIGA Adelante			   1st   (P)    4th round         League winners

Marbella - Pre-Season 2018/19

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

League expectation

Spanish LIGA BBVA : Board expectation - Avoid relegation : Media expectation - 17th (out of 20)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Spanish Cup : 4th round

Transfer budget : £2.86M

Wage budget : £181k p/w

Current wage bill : £178k p/w

Season tickets sold : 6317 - SOLD OUT - (+2422 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : It's going to be a tough season for us, there's no question about that but having been given a hefty transfer and wage budget this season (hefty for us!) :D, I've brought in a few faces that should give us that extra quality that we need to make a decent challenge to avoid going straight back down to Liga Adelante. In have come Samuel Castillejo and Miguel Torres from Malaga on permanent deals after impressing on loan with us last season while David Timor has joined us on loan for the season, also from Malaga. Samuel Escudero has joined us from Getafe and Javi Noblejas has joined us from Oviedo, both on free transfers while Frank Bagnack joined us from Numancia for £825k. We broke our transfer record on bringing in Alberto Tendillo from the recently relegated Valencia but perhaps our best signing has been Antonio Luis Martinez who is tipped to be a superstar, as he joins us from Real Madrid on a season long loan.

• 2 weeks later...

Marbella - Season Review 2018/19

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

Spanish LIGA BBVA/Spanish LIGA BBVA progress : We silenced the critics that predicted us to struggle this season in La Liga as we hovered in and around the top 6 all season. That is actually where we ended up, in 6th, as we finished 15 points ahead of 17th place, where people were expecting us to finish as we clinched a Europa League qualification spot for next season!!! :eek::D

Spanish Cup : We had a tough draw against Athletic in the 4th round and despite beating them 1-0 in the 2nd leg, our 3-1 defeat in the 1st leg is what cost us as we once again went out at the 4th round stage.

Transfers : Having brought in 8 players during the summer transfer window, we added a few more over the course of the season as 5 more players joined us. In came Wilfrid Kaptoum from Barcelona B for £110k, former West Ham goalkeeper Adrian from Deportivo for £300k and Brazilians Lucas Albino from Flamengo, Lima from Vitoria and Alex on a free transfer (although he did join at the end of the season so didn't play for us).

Squad : There was no doubt that we needed to strengthen our squad if we were to have any chance of avoiding an immediate return to LIGA Adelante but I didn't quite expect the group of players to perform like they did over the course of the season. The previous players stepped up their game, most notably Mariano who scored 15 goals in 38 games and Samuel Castillejo, who grabbed himself 4 goals and 9 assists, while the new signings all gelled quickly and made an immediate impact, most notably Antonio Luis Martinez who smashed in 20 goals in 33 games! Without a doubt, he's going to be a world class striker...it's just a shame that I won't be able to afford to bring him back again on another season long loan as Real Madrid are wanting his wages paid in full and £8.5 million a month! :eek:. We'll definitely miss him next season.

Finances : Looking a lot healthier now as we have over £5 million in the bank :).

My views of the season… : A quite incredible debut season in La Liga which saw us not only adjust to life in Spain's top division, but sneak a Europa League qualification spot!

My aims for next season… : We obviously over achieved this season and whilst I never like being pessimistic, we have to remain realistic in that a season of consolidation which sees us finishing in a mid table position will be a great achievement for us. As for Europe...well, just the experience of being involved in the Europa League should be enough us.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position       Spanish Cup	 Europa League     Champions League	 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Marbella    	 Segunda Division B4	     1st    (P)  2nd round	        N/A		 N/A		 League winners
2015/16    Marbella	 LIGA Adelante		     10th	 2nd round	  	N/A		 N/A		 -
2016/17    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     5th         4th round              N/A		 N/A		 Lost in Play-off Semi final
2017/18    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     1st    (P)  4th round         	N/A		 N/A		 League winners
2018/19    Marbella	 LIGA BBVA		     6th         4th round         	N/A		 N/A		 Qualified for Europa League

Wow, impressive!

I was quite impressed with our debut season in La Liga too :D

I am currently managing Marbella in the Segunda B. Could you tell me what tactic you played with etc so I can use it? Thanks and I have loved seeing my local team do well!

I just use a basic 4-4-2 with a slightly deeper holding midfielder and a supporting attacker to my front man. Against the bigger teams I either use a 4-5-1 and pack the midfield or 5-4-1 if I'm playing the likes of Barca/Real etc. Good luck in getting out of Segunda B, it's a horrible league! :thup:

Going well Raware. Would the red not be gravel? Quite a common occurrence in Germany. Absolute pain to play on.

I suppose it could've been that. More than a possibility considering that I'm actually playing in Spain with all those dry pitches.

• 3 weeks later...

Marbella - Pre-Season 2019/20

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

League expectation

Spanish LIGA BBVA : Board expectation - Mid table : Media expectation - 13th (out of 20)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Spanish Cup : 5th round

Europa League : Group stage

Transfer budget : £5.8M

Wage budget : £322k p/w

Current wage bill : £275k p/w

Season tickets sold : 5685 - (-632 from last season due to seating restrictions because of stadium expansion)

My views for the season ahead… : With a superb debut season in La Liga last season under our belts, I'm aiming for nothing more than consolidation for us this season. The board are wanting this too and the media are predicting us to finish 13th so I think I'm probably aiming quite realistically. We're undoubtedly going to miss Antonio Luis Martinez and the 20 goals he got for us last season as he returned to Real Madrid after his loan spell with us ended so I've wasted no time in bringing in 11 players during the summer. In come youngsters Alex on a free transfer and Javi Munoz from Zaragoza on a free, Francisco Portillo from Espanyol and Jose Angel from Monaco on free transfers while I raided recently relegated Villareal as Sergio Sanchez, Nahuel Leiva, Gabriel Paulista, Aleksandar Pantic and Dani Sotres all joined for a combined fee of nearly £4.6 million. Perhaps my most pleasing transfers though were the signings of Moussa Sery for £1.4 million from Irony Kiryat-Shmona, who I'm told could be a wonderkid :eek: and Emilio Lopez from Manchester United on a season long loan, who I'm also told could be a wonderkid :eek:. It's not often I have wonderkids!

Some other great news for as well us was the announcement of a stadium expansion and also an upgrade to our training facilities, so signs are looking promising that we're making good progress in developing the club.

Marbella - Season Review 2019/20

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

Spanish LIGA BBVA/Spanish LIGA BBVA progress : A mid table finish was all that was expected from us this season despite our great season last year, but we continued where we left off from last year as we spent all of the season in the top half (where we actually sat 2nd in the league at one point) as we finished the season in 5th, one place higher than last season, which once again confirms our qualification for the Europa League for the 2nd successive season :).

Spanish Cup : We went the furthest we've ever been in the Spanish Cup as we progressed to the Quarter Final, disposing of Barcelona over 2 legs along the way. Unfortunately though, we failed to show up against Levante who sent us packing over the 2 games, 5-3 on aggregate, which is kind of annoying as we beat them twice in the league.

Europa League Group D/Europa League fixtures : : A tough looking group for us, which saw PSV, Lille and Partizan all placed alongside us, didn't give us much hope of qualifying. But 4 wins, a draw and a loss was enough to see us finish 2nd in the group and qualify for the knockout rounds. We didn't get past the 1st knockout round though as Fiorentina beat us 3-1 on aggregate. Still, a great achievement just to make it out of the group!

Transfers : As I touched upon in the pre-season post, we made 11 signings during the summer for a total of £6 million. Only one other player joined us throughout the rest of the season and that was Spanish youngster Felipe for £4.5 million from Atletico Mineiro, who my scouts tell me has the potential to be another wonderkid! :). Out of the door saw a few players leave as we managed to raise £1.1 million in sales.

Squad : With Antonio Luis Martinez returning to Real Madrid, I have to be honest and thought that we'd struggle for goals this season but the new lads that came in definitely stepped up to the plate as Moussa Sery finished as the clubs top goal scorer with 26 goals in 50 games, which helped him claim the European Golden Boy award along the way. Emilio Lopez, on loan from Manchester United, also had a great season for us as he hit 17 goals in 43 games while our other new signing, Nahuel Leiva, scored 16 goals in 42 games, all from midfield.

Finances : Only just in the red but given that the start of the new season is just around the corner and the TV money that comes with that, not to mention the Europa League money we'll get, we'll back in the black in no time and looking financially healthy once again.

My views of the season… : Another incredible season for us which actually saw us improve on last season by a finishing a league place higher than last year and qualifying for the Europa League again. Talking of the Europa League, a milestone for the club as we appeared in our first ever European competition and did ourselves proud by reaching the knockout rounds.

My aims for next season… : With 2 excellent La Liga campaigns under our belts now (a 6th place finish and a 5th place finish), I can't see the board settling for another mid table finish next season so the pressure will be on us slightly. We're gradually building a good squad though which is more than capable of challenging any team in La Liga, even Barca and Real so if we can continue like that then I don't see why we can't aim for a top 6 finish next season.

Also, with things looking good on the pitch, things are looking just as good off the pitch as earlier in the season, the chairman mentioned that there was going to be a stadium expansion and also an upgrade to our training facilities, which are now both finished. Now the chairman has announced that planning permission has been granted for a new 21,971 seater stadium :) and also an upgrade to our youth facilities, so hopefully we'll soon be able to start producing some of our own youth players to rival the likes of B.W.G's youth players! :);)

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position       Spanish Cup	  Europa League    Champions League	 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Marbella    	 Segunda Division B4	     1st    (P)  2nd round	        N/A		 N/A		 League winners
2016/17    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     5th         4th round              N/A		 N/A		 Lost in Play-off Semi final
2017/18    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     1st    (P)  4th round         	N/A		 N/A		 League winners
2018/19    Marbella	 LIGA BBVA		     6th         4th round         	N/A		 N/A		 Qualified for Europa League
2019/20    Marbella      LIGA BBVA		     5th         Quarter Final     1st KO Round          N/A		 Qualified for Europa League

Nice work so far Raware. My resolve to not buy FM this year was finally broken by yet another sale (even if it wasn't the 50% I thought might sway me) and I am currently trying to avoid the temptation to embark on a huge globe-trotting save and do something simple like your regional set-up. :)

Nice work so far Raware. My resolve to not buy FM this year was finally broken by yet another sale (even if it wasn't the 50% I thought might sway me) and I am currently trying to avoid the temptation to embark on a huge globe-trotting save and do something simple like your regional set-up. :)

Thanks DodgeeD. Nice to see you back on the boards, not seen you on here for a while. Hopefully your purchase of FM15 will get you back and involved in FMCU again :).

I opted for France, Portugal and Spain this year as like you said, it's a simple regional set up (although I'm being tempted to add a couple more leagues!). How will you resist your usual globe trotting antics? It wouldn't be a DodgeeD thread without them! :D.

Marbella - Pre-Season 2020/21

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

League expectation

Spanish LIGA BBVA : Board expectation - Above mid table : Media expectation - 7th (out of 20)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Spanish Cup : Semi Final

Europa League : Group stage

Transfer budget : £8M

Wage budget : £375k p/w

Current wage bill : £375k p/w

Season tickets sold : 6537 (+852 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : I was expecting higher expectations from the board this season considering we've qualified for the Europa League two seasons in a row now but they're only wanting to finish above mid table so I guess the top 10 is their target this season. I, on the other hand obviously want to match our previous two seasons with another top 6 finish to get us in to Europe and the media are expecting this as well as they've predicted us to finish 7th. So, with the opening of the summer transfer window and the £8 million that my chairman has given me, I've dived in to the transfer market and brought in 8 new players for a combined cost of nearly £8.5 million. In come Ruben Duarte from Espanyol for £1.8 million, Adrian Rodriguez from Racing CLub for £4 million, who looks like a great prospect :), Brazilian youngster Luiz Paulo (who's one for the future hopefully) from Internacional for £7.5k and Spanish starlet Fran Martinez from Man City for £2.7 million. To bolster our squad depth with some more quality I've also brought in Manu Trigueros and Domingo Soria on season long loans while Moises Perez and Domingo Gomez join us on loan for 2 seasons :).

Going the other way saw a sad day as Mariano left the club after 5 seasons with us saw him score 100 goals in 163 games as he joined Oviedo for £250k.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe the match was moved to Eastern Washington? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roos_Field

It's difficult enough for me to understand MLS rules let alone American Football rules! :eek::)

Great career so far. Have you had any big clubs sniffing around you yet?

Thanks :thup:. No big clubs sniffing around me but plenty sniffing around my players and upsetting them by declaring their interest :mad:.

Marbella - Season Review 2020/21

a0Ig1AK.png

Marbella

Spanish LIGA BBVA/Spanish LIGA BBVA progress : With 2 solid seasons in La Liga for us now which has seen us finish 6th and 5th, we can assume that we've adjusted to life in Spain's top division fairly comfortably. While the board still wanted us to finish in the top 10 this season I obviously wanted us to at least match our previous couple of seasons with a top 6 finish and we did just that as we managed to stay in the top 10 all season to finally go on to finish 4th and qualify for the Champions League! :D.

Spanish Cup : The board were expecting us to get to the semi final which I thought was too much of an ask from us but, with a bit of luck along the way we managed to do that. That's where our journey ended though as Real Madrid beat us 1-0 in both legs as they went on to win the competition.

Europa League Group L/Europa League fixtures : We qualified from our Europa League group again fairly easily as we finished 2nd in the group, 8 points behind winners Inter as we made it to the knockout rounds once again. That's where I was expecting things to get difficult but we got lucky in the draws as we drew teams that were either similar to ourselves or weaker than ourselves as we made it all the way to the final :eek: which saw us gain revenge on Real Madrid for our Spanish Cup exit as we beat them 2-1 to unbelievably claim the Europa League! :eek::D.

Transfers : I completed all of our transfer business in the summer transfer window as we brought in 8 players for a total cost of nearly £8.5 million. 4 of those players were on loan, of which Manu Trigueros has agreed to join us on a permanent basis after his contract at Porto expired, while Domingo Gomez, Domingo Soria and Moises Perez will stay with us on loan for a second season.

Squad : Another great season for us which saw us claim the Europa League and qualify for next seasons Champions League was helped in no small part to our striking partnership as Moussa Sery smashed in 36 goals in 53 appearances while new signing Adrian Rodriguez grabbed himself 21 goals in 45 games. Domingo Gomez also had a season to remember as he hit 11 goals in 47 games whilst also getting 17 assists while Nahuel Leiva hit 9 goals and 10 assists in 55 games. It's not all looking rosy though as with our success has come a number of clubs sniffing around my players and unsettling them. Moussa Sery, Adrian Rodriguez, Nahuel Leiva, Ruban Duarte and Gabriel Paulista are all being watched and they've all asked to have an offer accepted from the interested clubs should offers be made. They've all rejected contract negotiations too so it doesn't look like I'll be able to keep hold of them :(. Then there's the rotation players of the squad; Frank Bagnack, Lima, Maximiliano Rolon, Samuel Castillejo and Lucas Albino. They all wanted more first team opportunities which I couldn't give them so they're on their way at the end of the season. So, I could in theory be losing 10 players at the end of the season and with not a big transfer and wage budget, we could be struggling next year.

Finances : Looking quite healthy at the minute and possibly even more healthier if we have to sell players.

My views of the season… : A great season for us both domestically and in Europe as I claimed my 3rd trophy at Marbella in the form of the Europa League. While things are looking good at the minute, I have a feeling that things could soon change though as certain players are wanting to move on.

My aims for next season… : Obviously, another finish at the top end of the table to qualify for Europe again would be nice (We're not anywhere near challenging Barcelona and Real Madrid for the title yet) and maybe another good run in the Spanish Cup or Europa League, but given that 5 players are leaving us at the end of the season and possibly 5 of our key players could be leaving too, I could be left with a depleted squad and could find it difficult to replace them

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position       Spanish Cup	  Europa League    Champions League	 Achievements
2014/15    Marbella    	 Segunda Division B4	     1st    (P)  2nd round	        N/A		 N/A		 League Winners
2017/18    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     1st    (P)  4th round         	N/A		 N/A		 League Winners
2019/20    Marbella      LIGA BBVA		     5th         Quarter Final     1st KO Round          N/A		 Qualified for Europa League
2020/21    Marbella      LIGA BBVA		     4th         Semi Final           Winners		 N/A		 Europa League Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Europa League - 2020/21

LIGA Adelante - 2017/18

Segunda Division B4 - 2014/15

Champions League football next season! Good job mate :thup:
Hopefully the sandy beaches of Costa del Sol will be too tempting for your Champions League opponents. :D

Thanks guys :thup:. Although some interesting developments have happened...

Just as I was getting ready for the summer break, quite an interesting offer landed on my desk. They've not had the best season in Ligue 1 as they were relegated but given the look of their squad, they have some excellent players and look quite secure financially as they were taken over by a Saudi Arabian tycoon in 2019....

Cliffhanger!
Wow! Superb two seasons in La Liga :cool: I would take FC Nantes job :D
Awesome job Raware. If only I could be as good as you :D. I wouldn't take the other job.
I'd stay.

Thanks for your input guys. A real tough decision and one in which I still hadn't made my mind up with yesterday when I saw NF at the Forest match yesterday. However, I managed to decide :)...

EcRU2lZ.png

FC Nantes : A background

Founded in 1943, FC Nantes are a professional French football club currently playing in the Ligue 2. FC Nantes suffered relegation from the Ligue 1 last season and will need to adjust to life in the Ligue 2.

The club play their home games at Stade Louis Fonteneau (La Beaujoire) and possess state of the art training and youth facilities. The club's training ground is Centre Sportif Jose-Arribas (La Joneliere). The FC Nantes youth team play at Stade Marcel Saupin. The club also has above average junior coaching and an above average youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Les Canaris and retains a fierce rivalry with Stade Rennais FC.

Enjoying their greatest spell of success during the 1970's, Les Canaris have a history they can be proud of. Boasting a total of 19 competition wins, here are just some of their highlights : FC Nantes won the French top division 8 times and finished runners-up 7 times, won the French Cup in 1979, 1999 and 2000 and finished runners-up 5 times, won the French 2nd tier for the only time in 2019 and finished runners-up on 2 occasions, and finished runners-up in the Coupe de la Ligue in 2004.

WkNGQKe.png

Stade Louis Fonteneau (La Beaujoire)

FC Nantes - Pre-Season 2021/22

EcRU2lZ.png

FC Nantes

League expectation

French Ligue 2 : Board expectation - Win the league : Media expectation - 1st (out of 20)

Cup expectations

---------------------

French Cup : 11th round

French Coupe de la Ligue : 4th round

Transfer budget : £34 Million

Wage budget : £750k p/w

Current wage bill : £600k p/w

Season tickets sold : 7980

My views for the season ahead… : My first season at FC Nantes sees us labelled as heavy favourites to win the league and bounce straight back up to Ligue 1 as both the media and the board are expecting us to finish 1st. Given the talent that I have at my disposal and the incredible transfer and wage budget (for a Ligue 2 side) that I have, it'd be a massive underachievement if we didn't win the league so everybody is expecting nothing less than the title. While on the outside though, it looks as if I'm joining a club that should be almost guaranteed promotion, under the surface that isn't quite the truth as with the clubs relegation last season, a lot of our major players were unhappy and wanted a move away from the club to play in a higher league, hence the frantic summer transfer window which has seen 27 players leave the club and 12 players join the club with more players possibly leaving soon. In have come wonderkid Johnny Montero from Cerro Porteno for £2.8 million (a player I've had my eye on for a while now), Benjamin Mendy from Marseille on a free transfer, Marcos Felipe from Atletico Mineiro for £6 million, Thomas Lemar from Bastia for £5.5 million, Alisson from Internacional for £300k, Paul Puech from Monaco for £850k, Gabriel Heitz from PSG for a hefty £17 million, Sebastian Adam for £750k and Christopher Makiadi for £6 million both from Lyon and Alex from Corinthians for £9 million, while Pinga and Nene both join us from Manchester United and Manchester City on season long loans.

• 2 weeks later...
Valladolid spent £30m on a player????

They've become a force in Spain and are spending money like it's Monopoly money! £30 million was too good to turn down :D

Interesting career so far especially the quick rise in Spain, a good move in my opinion probably becuase I think Nantes' stadium is awesome.

Busy transfer window. Will be interesting to see if you can live up to everyone's expectations.

No pressure...:D

Good luck in France.

Cheers delta.

Good move IMO. Bigger club even before the Saudi tycoon.

And despite Raware always winning the lot ( ;) ), Marbella probably always going in the shadow of Real and Barca. French league is more open.

I think it was a progressive move too and the way I always try to play FM, as realistically as possible, this was the next step up. I'd love it if I always won the lot ;) but it was going to be tough to topple Barca and Real. Like you say, now I'm in France it's more open...time to win everything now! :D;)

FC Nantes - Season Review 2021/22

EcRU2lZ.png

FC Nantes

Ibrahima Gueye from PSG for £17 million, Javairo Dilrosun from Man City and Filippo Mazzia from AC Milan both on season long loans, Teddy Loisel from SC Bastia for £6.5 million, Lima on a free transfer and Magro from Cruzeiro for £2.5 million.

Squad : A massive overhaul of the squad was required when I arrived at the start of the season due to the club being relegated the previous season and players wanting to leave so out went 32 players while 18 joined us. While the players that left undoubtedly had the quality to get us promoted, their attitude was something that I didn't want at the club and felt that their poor attitude could of acted as a hindrance throughout the course of the season. It obviously proved to be the right decision as the new players gelled quickly and showed that they had the class and desire to deliver what was expected of them. They even managed to turn around the feelings of the 3 players that I decided to keep at the club who were wanting to leave (vice captain Yovany Geolier, captain Jordan Veretout and Yassine Benzia) as they declared themselves happy and requested to stay at the club...quite a relief really as all 3 were key during the course of the season. Yassine Benzia was obviously the main standout performer for us as he smashed in 48 goals in just 45 games :eek: while Johnny Montero managed to grab 14 goals and Alex got 13 goals whilst also attracting the interests of Barcelona. Our 2 expensive signings Ibrahima Gueye and Gabriel Heitz both had steady seasons and I'll be hoping for more from them next season. Given the fantastic season that the players had, it goes without saying that we won a string of awards for their performances as Yassine Benzia won the Ligue 2 Players Player of the Season award, the Ligue 2 top goal scorer award, was named in the Ligue 2 Stars Team of the Season and the Ligue 2 XI of the season. Johnny Montero won the Revelation of the Season award while Marcos Felipe won the Star Goalkeeper award and the Goalkeeper of the Season award.

Finances : Looking ok but were predicted to lose a lot of money.

My views of the season… : A great season for us despite everyone expecting us to win the league easily. We've managed to quickly rebuild the squad having had to have sold some of our better players but the players that have come in have proven themselves to be just as good.

My aims for next season… : Avoiding relegation would be the expected answer but given that stature of the club and the quality of the players that we have, we should be at least finishing in the top half of the table, maybe even pushing for a European place.

Previous club watch : Marbella - Finished 7th in La Liga, narrowly missing out on Europa League qualification.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Marbella    	 Segunda Division B4	     1st    (P)    League Winners
2015/16    Marbella	 LIGA Adelante		     10th			 -
2016/17    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     5th           Lost in Play-off Semi final
2017/18    Marbella      LIGA Adelante		     1st    (P)    League Winners
2018/19    Marbella	 LIGA BBVA		     6th           Qualified for Europa League
2019/20    Marbella      LIGA BBVA		     5th           Qualified for Europa League
2020/21    Marbella      LIGA BBVA		     4th           Europa League Winners
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Nantes	 Ligue 2		     1st    (P)     League Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Europa League - 2020/21

Ligue 2 - 2021/22

LIGA Adelante - 2017/18

Segunda Division B4 - 2014/15

Archived