[FM15] England Level 9 with FA Vase

with some very helpful and use advice from FCUtdWill

have now sorted the FA Cup with all 658 teams from level 1-9 in current league structure to include all rounds as in real life

have also rebuilt FA Trophy with the full real life structure using the 275 teams currently in levels 5,6,7 & 8 levels as had forgotten to change it as spotted by FCUtdWill when having a quick look over db to give me some advice

also changed every league to yellow winter balls as had missed these (thought i had but must have been in another file that i deleted)

also fixed boundaries for each individual league to stop weird promotion and relegations where in 1 test FC Romania an Essex team were promoted to Evo-stick league 1 north

have included level 7 & 8 league cups for the Ryman, Southern and Northern regional leagues

am going to leave it holidaying overnight to test it properly and will look through results 1st thing tomorrow morning

if all is okay with overnight test will release this version by 11 am Friday

once again thanks to FCUtdWill for his help and advice in helping fix problems to get to this final stage

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something else FCUtdWill suggested and may look at if all goes well with test is to add in 1st qualifying round of vase to game to match rounds in real life but just having a brief look through there are plenty of level 10 teams in db but have already noticed there several teams from the combined counties Div 1 missing from db

so regrettably wont be adding level 10 to league structure as too much work when i just want to get playing now but should be able to expand FA Vase without too much hassle hopefully as all i'm doing is adding 1 round and extra teams to current competition so shouldn't cause any problems.

if i manage to get this done in next hour or so will test this version for release tomorrow instead of current one that i plan to

This is great news. Am looking forward to getting going 2moro and hopefully have a level 9 money spinning fa cup run lol. Great timing for the weekend too. Thanks for all your hard work. Sounds superb

quick update on doing a filtered search there are 186 teams with lower league set as there division so have created an inactive level 10 league with all of these 186 teams

after doing that have added an extra qualifying round to FA Vase so it now has both qualifying rounds as in real life and have added the 186 lower teams to the competition giving 477 teams now in it, once adding these teams have now worked out the teams added to each round so it matches real life from second qualifying round as didn't have teams to have same number of games for first qualifying round

first qualifying round has 86 matches were as in real life it has 145 but with number of teams available i believe this is a fair compromise to have the rest of competition as it should be

currently verifying file and if no problems will use this as over night test file

if overnight test goes well this will be the final release now tomorrow at some point

then i can then crack on with my long term LLM style save

have loaded game with no problems

check top leagues and fixtures are schedule as they should be after changing cup competitions so thats a good start, cups are also schedule on right days

only thing left to do is set it holiday overnight

then off for some food and a well deserved sleep as been up for a day and a half trying to get this to work with everything included

hi guys

forgot had a meeting with housing this morning otherwise would have posted earlier

overnight testing went well cant see any problems with it cups play on correct days and doesn't affect Premier league to Conference fixture dates as in previous years,

correct teams are added in each round of competitions (so no Premier league teams in qualifying rounds as in previous years)

so overall am pleased to say opening post download link has been updated with new file save for this version

hope everyone enjoys

if you do spot any errors let me know so i can double check file. also if someone can let me know when they get to a league fixture after November 1st as to whether the balls are yellow for the winter as that is the only think i haven't checked yet so that i could get file released but its not a game breaker if there still white

Hi mate, any luck saving as dbf File? my comp not recognising the fmf

Why would your comp need to recognise it? Not like you need to open it..

Just stick it in the editor folder, as long as FM15 gives u the option in the edit database files. your fine.

trying to get myself hired to check the yellow winter change and have applied for jobs at several clubs end o november now and interviews or offer things dont look good for checking this quickly before starting my own long term save

Chris5968 will try and see but it should work as wkdsoul says pc should recognise it as long as it is in the following file path:- what every your hard drive is called/mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2015/editor data folder

if its in that folder game should automatically read it as it is in a file form that the whole game structure is built on if your pc didnt recognise fmf files you wouldn't be able to play game at all

Superb work Andy (i assume that's your name haha). So far so good, working like a dream.

Quick question - did you create new competitions, or edit existing unused ones in the database?

created ryman southern and northern league cups as not in db

added Fa Vase to structure but comp code was already in db as only had to add it and create cup rounds also added 186 lower leagues teams that are in db to get the competition as it is in real life

with FA Cup and FA Trophy used current coded structure but added additional rounds and teams to competition in cup rounds tab and then just changed teams added at each of the early stages to get tournaments as they are in real life using the number of teams in current leagues for those levels

took 6 weeks of playing test save to get hired by a non league team to check winter yellow ball db date change for non leagues

and to my relief it has worked

so i dont envisage any changes to file now as have got it to exact where it should be expect if anyone spots any major errors

Thank you very much 4ndy is all working now, just placed it in the wrong folder.

Looking forward to this now

glad to hear you've got it working now

hope you have some fun getting that minnow all the way to European Cup glory

finished and final version unless anyone comes across any major errors as have got how i want it. as the more you add the more chance of errors occurring that could take ages to fix and also the more info in database the long it takes to process

so as most people don't have top of the range systems, i believe it is not only fair to create a database that is error free but also is playable for everyone no matter what spec their system, as people may only have a limited time to play each day but don't want it to take for every processing all that extra data they may never use

Is there a way to make level 10 active without screwing anything up?

level 10 isnt built properly as had trouble setting up leagues for that level in set up wizard, so all i did was changed the lower leagues club division to level 10 as their division level in database section of editor that way i could add level 10 to league structure and add all the teams as one without having to have individual leagues so i could make FA Vase like real life

and have also received a message from another user about problems they are having with level 10 in their structure they are creating

which makes think level 9 is far enough to go and have it working then breaking it trying to add more content and levels

this might be a long struggle already

13 players in 1st team & looking at them only 7 have played 1st team football, 3 U21's with no 1st team experience and 14 teenagers and i mean teens all 15 year olds

transfer budget of £0 and wage budget of £1.4K currently using £750 of it and no staff

think i need to do a lot of wheeler dealing to stand a chance of meeting expectations of top half finish

13 players in 1st team & looking at them only 7 have played 1st team football, 3 U21's with no 1st team experience and 14 teenagers and i mean teens all 15 year olds

transfer budget of £0 and wage budget of £1.4K currently using £750 of it and no staff

think i need to do a lot of wheeler dealing to stand a chance of meeting expectations of top half finish

Hi great work and great file. just a question regardind the 'reputation issue'. the last year, some of the updates regarding the lower leagues had such a problem: when winning the promotion (for example from level 10 to level 9) the rep of the club went incredibly up, therefore ruining all the following, since you had a 'Liverpool rep' in the lower leagues, so it all became ridicolous. have you experienced something similar during your tests?

Hi great work and great file. just a question regardind the 'reputation issue'. the last year, some of the updates regarding the lower leagues had such a problem: when winning the promotion (for example from level 10 to level 9) the rep of the club went incredibly up, therefore ruining all the following, since you had a 'Liverpool rep' in the lower leagues, so it all became ridicolous. have you experienced something similar during your tests?

just had a look some of the teams promoted in 1st season still an obscure reputation and some have had another over the next 3 seasons and are still obscure which is about right for level 7 teams so unless any future updates to game by sigames i cant it being a problem

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I played the earlier version of this mod (before the update) with AFC Liverpool who have warped expectations of finishing 3rd place with no money and a 0k wage budget with only 5 players on the books at the start lol.

Got sacked around Christmas on my first 2 loads, 3rd time (lucky) I won the league.

Kept the wage bill at a respectable £600pw and ended up with about 30k debt. Havent played it any more as I thought it best to wait for the update.

A few things I noticed;

A team called FC Romania won every single match draw 2 (scoring 115 goals and conceding 8) and lifted the FA Vase (how I noticed them). At first I thought it must be a bug as they have Romanian players but I googled it and there apparently is a team in the essex league called FC Romania! Looking through there squad they have players more akin to a league 1 side (and EPL players on loan). Im not sure thats balanced correctly as I suppose there not intended to be in a league in FM (or are they really that good)?

I played no competitive U21 matches in my first season but after getting promoted to the Evo Stik I was offered entry to the U21 league.

In the Evo Stick league (lvl8) I was given entry to the FA Trophy but no FA Vase.

These may just be normal things (I havent played any FM games, this is my first one since CM00 - I felt the need to upgrade).

Again thanks for the edit, I'll probably give it another play through now you've finished your update.

just had a look some of the teams promoted in 1st season still an obscure reputation and some have had another over the next 3 seasons and are still obscure which is about right for level 7 teams so unless any future updates to game by sigames i cant it being a problem

My AFC Liverpool didnt get a reputation boost after promotion. I aslo checked what coaches I could sign and it was still the rubbish ones, although at least the board has come down to planet earth with expectations this season, which are for me to battle bravely against the drop.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I played the earlier version of this mod (before the update) with AFC Liverpool who have warped expectations of finishing 3rd place with no money and a 0k wage budget with only 5 players on the books at the start lol.

Got sacked around Christmas on my first 2 loads, 3rd time (lucky) I won the league.

Kept the wage bill at a respectable £600pw and ended up with about 30k debt. Havent played it any more as I thought it best to wait for the update.

A few things I noticed;

A team called FC Romania won every single match draw 2 (scoring 115 goals and conceding 8) and lifted the FA Vase (how I noticed them). At first I thought it must be a bug as they have Romanian players but I googled it and there apparently is a team in the essex league called FC Romania! Looking through there squad they have players more akin to a league 1 side (and EPL players on loan). Im not sure thats balanced correctly as I suppose there not intended to be in a league in FM (or are they really that good)?

I played no competitive U21 matches in my first season but after getting promoted to the Evo Stik I was offered entry to the U21 league.

In the Evo Stick league (lvl8) I was given entry to the FA Trophy but no FA Vase.

These may just be normal things (I havent played any FM games, this is my first one since CM00 - I felt the need to upgrade).

Again thanks for the edit, I'll probably give it another play through now you've finished your update.

I've noticed that about FC Romania, they're a real club, and are intended to be in a league in FM. In real life, they're 3rd out of 20 in the Essex Senior League. I think they're over-rated for the league, but wouldn't know what needs changing as the club reputations is similar to the other reputations in the league.

You don't enter the FA Vase at Level 8, it's for Level 9-10 (with some Level 11 clubs). The FA Trophy is for Levels 5-8.

My AFC Liverpool didnt get a reputation boost after promotion. I aslo checked what coaches I could sign and it was still the rubbish ones, although at least the board has come down to planet earth with expectations this season, which are for me to battle bravely against the drop.

thank you very much for the feedback, both are re-assuring, the last year the reputation issue was very bad...

A few things I noticed;

As others have said FC Romania are a real team and have over rated players for league there in but everything is how sigames have coded into db have made no changes

have left U21 & U18 structure as it is coded in db, as its a struggle to get enough players to fill a first team at a lot of lower league clubs, let alone have enough for an U21 & U18 squads to fulfil those fixtures too so have not expanded reserve and youth leagues

as also said FA Vase is only for level 9 & 10 teams with the occasionally level 11 teams, once in levels 5-8 you go into FA Trophy

hows everyone finding it

any actual problems with the structure or strange promotions and relegations,

if people have got to end of season 1 can you let me know whether everything happens as it should, as everything can look normal during testing but you never know human controlled teams that gain promotion could be different to those under test conditions and may cause strange relegations/promotions etc

so if you spot anything let me know so i can look into it and fix if necessary

follow this path

C:/mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2015/editordata

replace C;/ with whchever hard drive you have game saved on if not on c drive

and then just start a new career game and it should automatically recognise file

I'm not sure I'd call mine a strange promotion but here goes...

I just finished top of the Hellenic Premier Division (Level 9) with Thatcham Town F.C therefore getting promotion to what I thought would be the Southern Division One South & West. Now I know this because a) I used to play for the club and b) They were in that division last season IRL and got relegated to the Hellenic Premier Division. Anyway all was going fine I was told in my inbox that I'd been promoted to the Southern Division One South & West then I've got to around late June when you get your fixtures etc...and I've ended up in the Southern Division One Central. Now of course it's the same level just a different area of the country but I was wondering whether this was an issue? I only ask this because Thatcham have always been in the South & West at least in my knowledge anyway. I just thought it was odd to be told I'd gone up to the South & West which I thought all along anyway only to end up in the Central division.

Anyway it's not an issue to me because I've gone up a level. Guess it's a slight shame not to play teams I know more but it's just one of them things.

in real life there may be more in 1 league then another when there's 2 leagues for teams to go into so it moves the teams around to make the divisions even

i would say Thatcham which is only down the road from me as well, i think would have moved as they are more central anyhow compared to others in west league, so they would be the obvious choice to move to the central league to make divisions even

just looking at the teams in central division are didcot still in Southern League west as it would between the 2 of you as to who moved league as didcot are also more central compared to others in west league

just loaded up test save and in season 2 both Thatcham and Didcot have moved from Southern League South & West to the central league as i believe they should have always been in the central any ways as they are more to the north and east side of the southern league area

i also think as well with the way i had to set boundaries Guernsey also move across form the Ryman leagues to S1SW so this would mean a team would have to move over to the Ryman leagues so therefore this creates a lot of movements in these leagues to try and get them to even out so teams aren't travelling so far which does happen in real life.

i am happy with movements happening like that as they are likely to happen in real life as when necessary, the ones we don't want to see is a Cornish team playing in the Northern Premier Leagues as this would never happen in real life but has happened in many previous versions of the game when editting the database

Delete the old file and then it should recognise the new file failing that when starting a new game you need to select custom editor file option on database selection menu press ok and then select the new file from opptions available if I remember rightly. currently out at moment so went be back on pc till tomorrow morning but from what I remember correctly that is what option is called on start menu and then the game should start with the new database selected. personally I would delete old file and that negates second option

Archived