FM15: Chelsea F.C. - The Blue Monster Is Complete

PitchPosh

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite far into the 5th season now...everything going well and could be on for a clean sweep.

33 games gone in the PL, on 77 points joint with City but ahead on GD...miles clear of the rest. Played City twice, won at home and drew 0-0 away and I have relatively easy games left so should win the league. Had been unbeaten in 40 prem games before we lost to Spurs :(

Won the Comm Shield, Super Cup, Club World Championship, Capital One Cup (on pens), into the final of the FA and the semis of the CL.

Since changing Hazard to a Raumdeuter he has been on fire, 43 goals in 53 apps with 12 assists.

So we lost to Barca in the semi-final of the CL. We dominated possession away, 60%, and had 21 shots including 3 ccc, but lost 4-2. They had 10 shots, 5 on target and Messi scored four. Tielemans got sent off after 20 mins at home and they won 3-1. Frustrating.

Beat Spurs in the FA Cup final 3-0. Finally rounded off winning every possible trophy, should have taken less than 5 seasons but hey ho.

Won our fifth consecutive league on 92 points with City on 87. Liverpool back in third with 78. Fourth only managed 60!

Started our new season okay...won the Community Shield 3-0 against City. Played 5 league games, won 3 and drawn 2. Haven't conceded yet. Drew 0-0 away to City and beat Arsenal away 1-0. Signed two regen youngsters in the transfer window.

Hazard, Balanta, Kongolo all injured for quite a bit which is frustrating!

Hi all

Im using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Im curious to know what roles you guys are using.

Ive set up as

Gk sweeper keeper

Fbl db support

Fbr wingback attack

cbl cb defend

cbr cb cover

dmc defensive mid support

mcl this is a role im not too sure about. Ive swapped berween the roaming playmaker, cm support, box to box and dlp any thoughts?

Mcr adv playmaker attk

aml inside fwd attk

amr winger support

St advanced striker attk

Im into January, hazard has been amazing as the aml. He has 20 odd goals and a similar amount of assists. He's top of the epl for goals, assists and player of the match.

Costa was drawing blanks but has started to fire since I went with a adv fwd. He has about 13 goals all comps. He still misses a lot of easy chances.

Wilian is wonderful as the amr, runs down the wing, crosses and almost always a goal.

Any thoughts on refining the player roles, esp my middle 3?

Top of the epl unbeaten so far with a 8 pt gap over city. Still in the fa cup, knocked out of the league cup and into the next round of the champs league.

PitchPosh could you show your team tactics screen?

The tactic I was using during my first season seems to be a bit more inconsistent now since the last ME update. I'm going to see where I am at at the end of this preseason (2nd season) and do a comprehensive post on it.

The first one was as follows:

atJ70sD.jpg

2H5uM82.jpg

Need some help with a replacement to terry, who should i buy? Have looked at diego godin and varane(expensive, bit too young)?
No one. Zouma is more then capable of replacing JT

I agree with Bucket, Zouma is an absolute monster. I'm going into my second season (slowly) and there's a good chance that Zouma will be splitting time evenly with JT.

On that note, if you're looking for someone who is in the same mold as JT I would look at Phil Jones. With a bit of unsettling he can be prized away from Man United for a reasonable fee, given his skillset (~£18m). I think the two best parts about having Jones in the squad is that he's English and a great leader, so you have a captain-in-waiting as well.

Agree with the Phil Jones recommendation, perfect fit and ticks many boxes.

Is anyone having any difficulties in ties Drogba down to a backroom role? I offered him a contract in Dec of season one as a backup and u18 manager. He rejected and we agreed to disagree. In January he spoke to me indicating his unhappiness at not playing. I convinced him to join my staff fulltime and he agreed. Unfortunately his agent wouldn't open talks with me so I failed to deliver on my promise - frustrating!

Agree with the Phil Jones recommendation, perfect fit and ticks many boxes.

Is anyone having any difficulties in ties Drogba down to a backroom role? I offered him a contract in Dec of season one as a backup and u18 manager. He rejected and we agreed to disagree. In January he spoke to me indicating his unhappiness at not playing. I convinced him to join my staff fulltime and he agreed. Unfortunately his agent wouldn't open talks with me so I failed to deliver on my promise - frustrating!

generally when he actually WANTS to join/retire, he'll fire his agent :)

End of second season:

Charity Shield WON

League Cup WON

FA CUP semis

League WON

Champs League quaters

Completed a treble of some sorts. Won the league by 8 points in the end and 3 games to spare, Bayern put me out of champs and untied in FA cup. Won manager, young player (Pogba), Player (Rues), Media (Hazard), Goal (Pogba), top scorer (Cavani) and 2nd in goal keeper.

Cavani ended on 38 goals, Hazard 36, Rues 24. Baines had 28 assists.

End of second season:

Charity Shield WON

League Cup WON

FA CUP semis

League WON

Champs League quaters

Completed a treble of some sorts. Won the league by 8 points in the end and 3 games to spare, Bayern put me out of champs and untied in FA cup. Won manager, young player (Pogba), Player (Rues), Media (Hazard), Goal (Pogba), top scorer (Cavani) and 2nd in goal keeper.

Cavani ended on 38 goals, Hazard 36, Rues 24. Baines had 28 assists.

Looks like a great season to me! Those are some really impressive scoring stats from those three and Baines looks like he's up to his usual for you.

I am seriously debating starting a new save. This new match engine turned my tactics upside down and I am beginning to grow restless trying to right the ship midway through the 15/16 season. I may chalk it up to experience and start anew as sad as it may be. I haven't decided 100% yet, though.

Looks like a great season to me! Those are some really impressive scoring stats from those three and Baines looks like he's up to his usual for you.

I am seriously debating starting a new save. This new match engine turned my tactics upside down and I am beginning to grow restless trying to right the ship midway through the 15/16 season. I may chalk it up to experience and start anew as sad as it may be. I haven't decided 100% yet, though.

Was a good season, just taken the France job.

What's your tactic like? I had the same problem and seem to have found one which is good now.

What's your tactic like? I had the same problem and seem to have found one which is good now.

Ftbl, I was going to ask, what does your tactic look like? I'm impressed by the free scoring nature...

Pitch, stick with it mate, refine and rebuild. Don't throw away your previous success over a match engine change!

I was playing a 4-3-3 that I posted here the other day. I spent far too much time trying to adapt that to the new ME when I should have just started from scratch during the preseason. With that said, things are going relatively well so far.

Ftbl, I was going to ask, what does your tactic look like? I'm impressed by the free scoring nature...

Pitch, stick with it mate, refine and rebuild. Don't throw away your previous success over a match engine change!

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to stick with it, especially because I began the season with a 3-0 thumping of Arsenal :D

Edit: Creeping up on the January mark, so I will post an update with everything soon.

I was playing a 4-3-3 that I posted here the other day. I spent far too much time trying to adapt that to the new ME when I should have just started from scratch during the preseason. With that said, things are going relatively well so far.

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to stick with it, especially because I began the season with a 3-0 thumping of Arsenal :D

Edit: Creeping up on the January mark, so I will post an update with everything soon.

What season you in now Pitch? I've just started again and started with a bang. 8-0 and 5-1 first two games!!

What season you in now Pitch? I've just started again and started with a bang. 8-0 and 5-1 first two games!!

I'm in the second season right now, almost half way through. That's certainly a great start! Who were the opponents?

Doing fairly well in my first season as Chelsea Manager... 3 Pts behind United in the league (Still in February) Champions Leagues going well as is the FA Cup.

Transfers:

Out -

Jon Obi Mikel

Branislav Ivanovic

Mohammed Salah

Didier Drogba (Jan)

In -

David Alaba

Dani Alves

Vaclav Cerny

Douglas Costa

Eder Balanta

Mauro Icardi

Gabriel Barbosa

Sami Khediera

GK) Cech/Courtois (Rotate alot)

DR) Azpilicueta/Alves

DC) Cahill

DC) Terry

DL) Alaba

MC) Fabregas

MC) Sami Khediera

AMR) Douglas Costa

AMC) Oscar

AML) Hazard

ST) Diego Costa

Working well sofar main suprise being Douglas Costa who was a minor gamble at 10mill waiting to see how things go with this season.

After about four seasons I'm totally fed up with the central midfield play-making and overall effective of this year's match engine and its consistency, I've decided to invest only on the wings and flanks and beef up my central midfield with only defence-first/deep-lying players.

GK: Courtois

DR: Azpilicueta / Stones

DC: Balanta / Vallejo

DC: Phil Jones / Cahill (retiring soon, planning to buy Rugani or Jonathan Tah)

DL: Alaba / Baines

DM (Anchorman): Matic / Malanda

MCR (Deep-lying Playmaker): Lucas Romero / Sami Khedira

MCL (Ball-winning defender - Support): Arturo Vidal / Wanyama

AMR: Oscar / Willian

AML: Hazard / Depay

STC: Costa / Fierro / Mitrovic

I see a number of you are getting big numbers from Costa in a lone striker role. How are you setting up the team to achieve this? Im in feb and it's hazard who is blitzing goals, whereas costa only has 15 in all comps playing as an adv fwd..

I'm playing Diego Costa as a False 9 with both central midfielders playing behind him as Advanced Playmakers.

Anyone had much luck developing Chelsea youth? Such as Christiansen, Loftus-Cheek, Boga, Musunda, Baker, Solanke etc.? Only just started my Chelsea save and thus far Boga making a big impact in my friendlies.

I used Andreas Christensen, Nathan Ake and Lewis Baker in the first team squad during the first season.

Andreas Christensen (CB) - 10 Apps - 7.25

Nathan Ake (LB/DM) - 8 Apps - 6.93

Lewis Baker (CM) - 10 Apps - 7.30

After 10 games in the league

K5EvdDS.png

We had a very rough start loosing 0:1 to Everton in the first week and drawing 1:1 with Manchester United. Since then we haven't lost any game either in league or in the other competitions. I'm very happy with the scoring record, we are averaging 3.6 goals per game. The only thing that I am concerned about is how many I concede but I think my defense will get better with time.

The Team

Y9gRYSy.png?1

As you can see Hazard and Willian are brilliant for me. Hazard is leading scorer with 11 goals to his name, Willian on the other hand is my best playmaker with 9 assists and 7 goals. I'm a little bit disappointed with Costa as he can't find a net, it was so bad that I even had to put Remy in first team as he was clinical in front of goal. I had a lot of injuries at the beginning of the season. With Cahill and Zouma out for over a month I was very glad that I didn't sell Ivanovic. Fabregas is currently out for 3 months due to broken ankle. :(

The brightest star of my team

m29RNfr.png?1

Dave's performance is astonishing. He's winning almost every single tackle and making tons of important interceptions. But the real deal with Azpi is his ABILITY TO THROW LONG BALLS. I'm serious, I can't count how many of my goals were from throw ins. Just look at number of key passes he made. I think those long throws are kind of a glitch as almost every single throw is counted as a key pass but I'm still happy to see Dave doing so well.

Alright, so I was playing a Sassuolo save when Chelsea sacked Jose Mourinho because the club was languishing in the mid-table depths. Surely, for a club like Chelsea that's ********. Declared interest, applied for the job, went for a job interview and voila, got offered the job.

Took up the job and was given the expectation of finishing 6th for Euro Cup qualification, when I took over the club was 9th, and was quite a fair bit away from automatic Euro Cup qualification (around 9 points?), with 8 games left to play. Booted up my tactic, and never looked back. Finished 6th eventually with Hazard picking up the Young Players' award. Looks to be an exciting save ahead!

So I was wondering... does Oscar turn out good? I'm planning on selling Oscar, Cahill, Obi Mikel and Fabregas (who both bitched about not having CL football next season) and replacing them with young talents such as the Romero brothers (Gil Romero and Lucas Romero, kidding about the brothers bit anyways)... but I'm a little bit reluctant on Oscar.

*edit: Plot twist: I have not even mentioned anything in game about Oscar leaving and here he is wanting to discuss personal matters about joining Juventus.

2015/16 Mid-season Review

After a brilliant 2014/15 campaign the pressure is on to perform once again. Retaining much of the same squad that brought last season's success, the goals set before us, while high, shouldn't be unattainable. After realizing the effectiveness of the tactic employed last season was losing it's potency, one of the first things that needed addressing was finalization and implementation of a new tactic. However, the squad and its personnel needed addressing before that could happen in an attempt to consolidate the squad given the return of so many players from loan. Let's take a look at transfers first.

Transfers

Transfers In:

Phil Jones - Man Utd - £18.25m

Lucas Romero - Velez - £7m

Omar Hamidi - Crystal Palace - £4.4m Regen*

Total: £29.5m

I was a little stingy bringing players in this summer. I looked at the squad I had and, for the most part, was happy with the players available to me and was confident in their ability to replicate last season's success. After a bit of unsettling I was finally able to get a "long term" target of mine, Phil Jones, in for a reasonable price. At £18.25m, this was a no brainer. His skill set and age will see him become a huge part of this team's defense for years to come, while he will be ready to take Terry's armband when Mr. Chelsea decides to hang up his boots.

Romero was brought in for a small fee and was purely a financial move for me. While he is a great player, I will be selling him at the end of the season for a projected hefty profit. With the players I have now he will be a rotation option at best and will command a higher fee than some of the other younger players, so I'm not getting to attached to him. Upon his signing his value shot up to £18.5m, so this should work exactly as I am planning.

Other than those two, Hamidi was brought in as one for the future. A decent regen with bags of potential, I am looking for him to make an impact in coming seasons.

Transfers Out:

Christian Atsu - Ajax - £10m

Branislav Ivanovic - PSG - £6.5m

Mohamed Salah - A.C. Milan - £10.5m

Marko Marin - Everton - £10.75m

Andre Schurrle - PSG - £23.5m

Marco van Ginkel - £10.25m

Victor Moses - Stoke - £9.75m

Oriol Romeu - Fiorentina - £8.75m

Ryan Bertrand - Swansea £5.75m

Thorgan Hazard - Southampton - £7.75

Total: £106m

A lot of outs in comparison to the transfers in saw us register a hefty amount of cash in transfer fees. I feel good about all of the business done here as I didn't really have to think about any of these sales. Ivanovic could have done a job still, but between Kane and Christensen his position was covered and the youth get a shot. I was happy to receive as much as I did for Schurrle considering he didn't perform well at all for me. The amount of money generated easily offsets the purchases I made and the squad is no weaker for it.

Net: £76.5m

This net profit has kept me in the black on transfers by a great amount and once again gives me room to operate in the January transfer window as I see fit. I have the freedom to buy for utility, luxury, or however I want.

Potential Targets:

Antoine Griezmann - £22.5m

Ross Barkley - ~£15m

Lucas Digne - ~£9m

Competitions

Premier League

VKuhcLr.jpg

The Premier League sees us sitting in second place 1 point behind Tottenham with 3 games in hand, and 1 point ahead of 3rd place United with 2 games in hand. While the results leading to this could have been less stressful, the fact is that we're here and in a wonderful position. Liverpool, Aston Villa, and West Brom are our next 3 matches and there's no reason why we can't make 1st ours again and create a gap between 2nd place.

Champions League

ntYXFHO.jpg

The Champions League has been a walk in the park up to this point. While we landed in a pretty competitive group, the boys saw to it that we wouldn't lose a game during the group stages, only dropping two points with a draw against Marsielle. Two wins against Juventus confirmed that the squad were still up to taking on the rest of Europe's top teams.

Summary: With the exception of our 1-4 Captial One Cup knockout against Liverpool, the season is going well with the squad rotating nicely. A few injuries here and there have seen some of the younger players get a bit more playing time than I planned, but it has worked out well given our position in the competitions so far. I will be in the market for a "big" signing during the January window to give the squad a little more firepower to make sure we are able to compete in the League and Champions League like I want us to.

Alright, so I was playing a Sassuolo save when Chelsea sacked Jose Mourinho because the club was languishing in the mid-table depths. Surely, for a club like Chelsea that's ********. Declared interest, applied for the job, went for a job interview and voila, got offered the job.

Took up the job and was given the expectation of finishing 6th for Euro Cup qualification, when I took over the club was 9th, and was quite a fair bit away from automatic Euro Cup qualification (around 9 points?), with 8 games left to play. Booted up my tactic, and never looked back. Finished 6th eventually with Hazard picking up the Young Players' award. Looks to be an exciting save ahead!

So I was wondering... does Oscar turn out good? I'm planning on selling Oscar, Cahill, Obi Mikel and Fabregas (who both bitched about not having CL football next season) and replacing them with young talents such as the Romero brothers (Gil Romero and Lucas Romero, kidding about the brothers bit anyways)... but I'm a little bit reluctant on Oscar.

*edit: Plot twist: I have not even mentioned anything in game about Oscar leaving and here he is wanting to discuss personal matters about joining Juventus.

Oscar is going to be the best midfielder in your squad. I would do everything I can to keep him. I wouldn't sell him for anything below £50m, and while that's a high amount, I believe that's what he's worth.

Oscar is going to be the best midfielder in your squad. I would do everything I can to keep him. I wouldn't sell him for anything below £50m, and while that's a high amount, I believe that's what he's worth.

Argh, hope it doesn't come back to bite me then. Juventus offered £40m upfront for him and at the same time I have no idea how to better utilize him. Reasons being: i) he doesn't fit into my formation which does not use AMCs, and ii) if I would like to operate him on the right wing I've already got Cuadrado (5 assists in 2 league games so far), and Januzaj whom I signed to play on both of my wings.

Argh, hope it doesn't come back to bite me then. Juventus offered £40m upfront for him and at the same time I have no idea how to better utilize him. Reasons being: i) he doesn't fit into my formation which does not use AMCs, and ii) if I would like to operate him on the right wing I've already got Cuadrado (5 assists in 2 league games so far), and Januzaj whom I signed to play on both of my wings.

If your formation consists of 2 CM, you should use him as AP attack or DLP support. I have great results with him. He is delivering a lot of key passes, assists and sometimes a goal or two.

If your formation consists of 2 CM, you should use him as AP attack or DLP support. I have great results with him. He is delivering a lot of key passes, assists and sometimes a goal or two.

I second this! He is great in the cm as a deep lying play maker for me.

I finished my first season with chelsea and now the board announced that they will build a new stadium. They said that have secured a loan to finance it, but I dont find any loan at the loans outstanding mark in the finances, why? Im afraid that my loan repayments would cut my finances totally, but I dont find any loan? Bug?

Just about to offer E Hazard a new contract, what wages is he on in your game? At the moment I've offered him £250k a week, no other bonuses, no loyalty fee, but his agent £4.2m. What do you think?

I've just signed him to a contract extension through 2020 at £195k p/w. I was prepared to go higher, but was pleasantly surprised that he settled for 15k more than he was previously on. Upon finalizing the deal Oscar asked for an improved contract similar to Hazard's only 6 months into his new one at £105k p/w. Thankfully he understood my not wanting to discuss one just yet.

I'm creeping up on the end of the 2015/16 season so a full update will follow, but I have to say after dishing out a fair amount of cash for Phil Jones and Ross Barkley I've been pleasantly surprised by my English influx.

FKFfn2A.jpg

leLMoNX.jpg

Both of them have stepped right into the first team, with Barkley becoming first choice over Oscar at the AMC position.

It's been a little quiet in here, so how are everyone else's saves going?

Archived