FM15: Chelsea F.C. - The Blue Monster Is Complete

PitchPosh

Half way through 3rd season, first as reigning champions.

IN

Dominico Beradi AMR/STC £37.5 million: Sassuolo wouldn't budge from his minimum release fee, 22 and 4 stars with 5 star potential. Long term signing. Replacement for Costa

Alex Meret Udinesse GK £1.6 million: Young keeper 3rd choice but my current 3rd choice moaned every two weeks so let go.

Out

Willian £30 million

Azplicueta £25 million

Morata £14 million: unhappy at club, wanted to leave 1 month after arriving

Pereyra £9 million up to £20 million: moaned every other week, team morale plummeted every time he did. With Hughes coming back this year, and Pogba and Romero being so good, and finally Cesc as back up no need to keep.

Sent out 20ish players on loan. Sold 5 fringe player (Moses et al) for around £14 million.

Total spent £39.1 million

Total in £92 million (with Pereyra's add on's over £100 million)

Club is projected to make £140 million profit for season, £59 million TF left, and £1.5 million under wage budget per week.

Almost bought James for £48 million but missed deal on deadline day, and Oscar has been so good, going to find a young AMC to bring through.

New contracts for Hazard, every club sniffing around rejected £65 million bid from Madrid, (£1 Billion release fee), Oscar (£120 million release fee), Terry was never going to let him go.

Going to thrash out ones with Pogba, Cavani and Rues soon, all with 2 years left.

Good Pre-season, only lost 1 game, and won the Charity Shield on penalties.

On the 4th of Jan just now: undefeated in all comps (went out league cup on penalties),

League

1st 20 17 3 0 54 13 41 54 (second place: Liverpool 39)

Champions League

1st 6 0 0 19 1 18 18

League cup

Out on penalties to Bournemouth: 8 first team players out but no excuse.

Goals Assists

Hazzard 16 18

Baines 7 13

Cavani 15 8

Werner 13 7

Beradi 8 8

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9zmPt7L.png

Chelsea F.C. 2015/16 Season Review

This season was always going to be a tough one as we were being held to the standard of last season where we pulled of winning a treble. Expectations were high as we were tasked with bringing home both the FA Cup and Premier League, while making it to the Semis of the Champions League. Much of the squad was the same as last season with Phil Jones stepping in to replace JT as the starting left central defender, while Zouma took advantage of a long-term Gary Cahill injury to cement his place in the starting lineup. Though the first team remained the same, there was a big transformation in the way we played this season. A stagnation in match tactics required a shakeup and our primary formation was changed to a wide 4-2-3-1. The result was a tactic that allowed us to almost achieve that of what we did last season, though the amount of goals conceded is something that needs my attention moving forward. Onto what we're in this job for: the results.

Competitions

English Premier League

4chXOZ7.jpg

We actually won the league much more comfortably this year than the table suggests. With 4 games left to play we beat Manchester United 2-1 at Stamford Bridge to lock up the title over Man City, who at that point were 12 points behind. I couldn't' have been more proud to successfully defend our title, and given who we beat and where we did it, it seemed a sweet way to present it to the fans for the 2nd time in 2 years. Also, this allowed some of the youth to get some much needed game time over the last 4 games, though we finished the season poorly with 2 draws and 2 losses. Winning the league 3 times in a row will be a huge challenge, though I think the boys will be up to it.

Champions League

9r8cbrD.jpg

This was the competition I was most nervous about this season. In the past, I have found it extremely difficult to perform well in the Champions League two seasons in a row. This season would break that mould, though, as we reached the Champions League Final for the 2nd time in as many years. This year's schedule was much easier until we ran into Bayern in the Semi Final, and after the results against Barcelona last season we had to like our chances of winning the whole thing again. Going into the Final we were undefeated, however, I wonder if my decision to start youngsters to finish out the Premier League came back to bite us as morale could have been higher after 2 draws and 2 losses. In truth, we simply got outplayed by Barcelona and this loss hit us pretty hard. With the EPL in hand, we had something to cheer for, though another piece of European silverware would have been great. Onto the next one.

FA Cup

The FA Cup is the competition that haunts me most. After going out in just the 3rd round last season against a weak Blackburn team, I really wanted to perform well this season and take the cup back to Stamford Bridge. The football gods had something else in mind, though. We came up against Leicester in this season's 5th round and gave a performance to remember for all of the wrong reasons. At the end, we limped out of the competition after a 3-1 beating from the Foxes. I'm about one season away from considering myself cursed.

Capital One Cup

The Capital One Cup has been the complete inverse of my performance in the FA Cup. This competition seems to be my competition. No matter how small, this competition is carving a place out in my managerial heart for itself. Perhaps that is because both this year and last, we axed Liverpool out in a demoralizing fashion. Last year saw us knock them out in the semi final 3-2 after they held a 2-1 lead over us through the first leg. This year we'd improve and knock them out even earlier, and much easier. The result was a 5-0 thumping of them at Stamford Bridge, only to see us travel to Anfield in our next fixture to finish them off with a 4-1 Prem win. The final was particularly pleasing as we beat our neighbors in a 2-1 thriller to retain the cup.

Transfers

Transfers In

Ross Barkley - Everton - £16.25m

Raul Jimenez - Atletico Madrid - £3.5m

Total: £19.75m (£50.25m total)

Some of the money set aside from player sales in the summer was used to bring in both of the above signings in January to shore up some positions we were light on in depth. Barkley was a target from the beginning of the season, but at the time was viewed as playing in the central midfield and on the wing, neither of which he was a natural at, so his purchase was viewed more as a luxury buy. However, the move to a 4-3-2-1 left Oscar as the only natural central attacking midfielder. A brief injury saw Hazard and Willian take turns rotating in, but it was clear someone of more permanence was needed to fill the role. Barkley's price was right around our £15m valuation at the beginning of the season and it paid off in a big way with his performances seeing him overtake as first choice AMC ahead of Oscar. Raul Jimenez was brought in at a bargain price and looked to me much like a "poor man's" Diego Costa. He showed flashes of brilliance when called upon in both the Premier League and Capital One Cup, with the highlight being a 4 goal performance against Brighton. He looks like money well spent and with the possibility of cashing in on Remy during the summer window we'll be looking for him to improve upon those performances.

Transfers Out

Ulises Davila - Wolves - £975k

Total: £975k (£107m total)

All-in-all we have once again operated well within our budget and more importantly turned a profit. This season was a bit stressful on the finances as it saw a number of key players receive improved contracts causing the wage bill to rise. Again, we are still operating under the wage budget set and look to be able to comply with the FFP regulations no problem.

Looking Foward - 2016/17 Preview

After two seasons of competing on all fronts with great success the standards and expectations set by myself and the board won't go down. With next season approaching fast there are some things in this squad that need sorting out.

• The squad needs addressing - Matthew Targett isn't the heir apparent I thought he'd be behind Filipe Luis, so a replacement is needed. Petr Cech will most likely be leaving in the summer, so a backup goalkeeper is needed. Again, a quality winger needs to be added, as the likes of Piazon and Rodriguez just aren't cutting in if Willian or Hazard get injured.
  • The defense needs improving - After a successful campaign the one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the number of goals allowed. This will need to be addressed if we're to improve, or at the very least maintain our high level of performances.

How have you guys faired with the promising youngsters at the club?

I've just finished the 2015/16 season and Nathan Ake, Andreas Christensen, Tomas Kalas, Lewis Baker, Nathaniel Chalobah and Patrick Bamford are all comfortable in the first team squad.

All of them have played their part during the last year or so and none of them look out of place in Premier League games.

How have you guys faired with the promising youngsters at the club?

I've just finished the 2015/16 season and Nathan Ake, Andreas Christensen, Tomas Kalas, Lewis Baker, Nathaniel Chalobah and Patrick Bamford are all comfortable in the first team squad.

All of them have played their part during the last year or so and none of them look out of place in Premier League games.

Honestly, Christensen and Chalobah are the only ones who have gotten into the first team. After a lot of those players came back from loan their potential didn't seem good enough to make an impact in the first team.

Honestly, Christensen and Chalobah are the only ones who have gotten into the first team. After a lot of those players came back from loan their potential didn't seem good enough to make an impact in the first team.

I agree with the potential thing. Not many stood out but I gave them a chance and they performed really well. Tomas Kalas and Lewis Baker only had two or two-and-a-half stars potential, but regularly get in the Premier League 'Team of the Week' and win monthly accolades.

I agree with the potential thing. Not many stood out but I gave them a chance and they performed really well. Tomas Kalas and Lewis Baker only had two or two-and-a-half stars potential, but regularly get in the Premier League 'Team of the Week' and win monthly accolades.

I have thought about doing a save where I only rely on youth prospects to strengthen the sqaud to see what would happen. Maybe allow 1 transfer per window or something

I have thought about doing a save where I only rely on youth prospects to strengthen the sqaud to see what would happen. Maybe allow 1 transfer per window or something

That sounds like a decent idea. Chelsea probably have too much talent coming through and I've found it difficult to fit everyone in. Loaning players out that are probably ready, but the experienced players still have a few years left in them.

Ahhhhh why don't i save these bloody game from time to time. FM crashed for no reason when i was 28 games into my second season. Now back to played 17.. Grr so annoying as was doing so well. Oh well upside is I just beat Spurs 7-0 in the FA Cup!

Ahhhhh why don't i save these bloody game from time to time. FM crashed for no reason when i was 28 games into my second season. Now back to played 17.. Grr so annoying as was doing so well. Oh well upside is I just beat Spurs 7-0 in the FA Cup!

I always save after or before each game. Sometimes both. Not because I'm a cheat restart but just in case comp ***** itself and you don't have to do it all again.

I always save after or before each game. Sometimes both. Not because I'm a cheat restart but just in case comp ***** itself and you don't have to do it all again.

I save after every game, I've had more crashes this year than any before and it's an utter pain when you have to reload. Lost 2 matches worth last night from a crash and I hate reloading, always feel like I should strive to get the same result even if I lost just to keep it consistent

Nice review! Too bad about the CL though.
Terrific update PitchPosh, really enjoyed reading, good luck with the next season :thup:

Cheers guys, glad it's worth the read :thup:

Meanwhile.. I was just minding my own business and enjoying my holiday when the phone rang.

k3i4H21.jpg

At the moment, Bayern have a fantastic looking squad with a few really exciting youth prospects coming through their academy. Knocking them out of the Champions League Semi Final must have made me their main target, however, that's what also makes the job a bit less attractive. Chances are I'll probably create an offshoot save to come back to and see where this could go down the road.

I took over Chelsea after 14 games in 2nd season. they were sitting in 18th place with only 2 wins and 8 draws. I managed to win next 23 league games and lost only one and finished 2nd in the league, got knocked out of CL semis against City, with Joe Hart and the ref beeing City's heroes.

The squad is formidable. I didn't buy anyone. My first team squad is: Courtois-Bertrand,Cahill,Zouma,Azpilicueta-Fabregas,Khedira-Hazard,Oscar,Callejon-Costa

I am aiming to buy Stones from everton and I'll try to buy Sterling. But the thing is, Chelsea don't have money? I'm like 20 mil in the red even with prize money. Have a transfer budget of 25mil. I'll try to sell some players but will I get more money or what? Isn't Roman a sugardaddy?

I took over Chelsea after 14 games in 2nd season. they were sitting in 18th place with only 2 wins and 8 draws. I managed to win next 23 league games and lost only one and finished 2nd in the league, got knocked out of CL semis against City, with Joe Hart and the ref beeing City's heroes.

The squad is formidable. I didn't buy anyone. My first team squad is: Courtois-Bertrand,Cahill,Zouma,Azpilicueta-Fabregas,Khedira-Hazard,Oscar,Callejon-Costa

I am aiming to buy Stones from everton and I'll try to buy Sterling. But the thing is, Chelsea don't have money? I'm like 20 mil in the red even with prize money. Have a transfer budget of 25mil. I'll try to sell some players but will I get more money or what? Isn't Roman a sugardaddy?

As far as I know, Roman has the role of an underwriter, which means that he'll inject cash to help with debt the club has accumulated, but he won't do so for the sake of having a large transfer budget. Remember that more recently the transfers in real life have been funded by the sale of players.

As far as I know, Roman has the role of an underwriter, which means that he'll inject cash to help with debt the club has accumulated, but he won't do so for the sake of having a large transfer budget. Remember that more recently the transfers in real life have been funded by the sale of players.

yes, I've sold almost anyone who was on loan and got combined of 100 mil euro. But only 40% of that goes to my transfer budget. so now I have only 31 mil budget after I bought Stones for 18mil. Sterling has 65mil release clause but I can't get 30 mil more..I have no idea why only 40% goes to the transfer budget. I have 180mil in balance. I mean it's not that bad, squad is still very very good but still..I want Sterling :D..guess i'll have to wait one more year to get him.

yes, I've sold almost anyone who was on loan and got combined of 100 mil euro. But only 40% of that goes to my transfer budget. so now I have only 31 mil budget after I bought Stones for 18mil. Sterling has 65mil release clause but I can't get 30 mil more..I have no idea why only 40% goes to the transfer budget. I have 180mil in balance. I mean it's not that bad, squad is still very very good but still..I want Sterling :D..guess i'll have to wait one more year to get him.

That's really interesting as the board usually allows 100% of transfer fees to go into the budget. Perhaps it was put into place because of the club's previous financial position of being in the red. On another note, Sterling was my main target during my save and I absolutely could not get Liverpool to budge on him. This season, the 3rd season in, Man City come in with a bid for £28m and it gets accepted. I made a structured offer worth £40m and it was rejected. Absolutely frustrating.

That's really interesting as the board usually allows 100% of transfer fees to go into the budget. Perhaps it was put into place because of the club's previous financial position of being in the red. On another note, Sterling was my main target during my save and I absolutely could not get Liverpool to budge on him. This season, the 3rd season in, Man City come in with a bid for £28m and it gets accepted. I made a structured offer worth £40m and it was rejected. Absolutely frustrating.

I tweaked salary budget, so i was able to get 69mil transfer budget and board decided to raise sales of players to 100% towards transfer budget. So, I did bought Sterling for 65mil. He wanted 1mil/per month..couldn't give him that, so I gave him 740k/month with 20% raise yearly..in his final year he will earn 1.5mil/month..A bit too much but who cares.

Lost Hazard ona 2 month injury in my third game of the season..not good!

1st Season Review:

Premiership: Played 38 Won 30 Drew 3 Lost 5 For: 94 Against: 52 finished - Champions

Capital One Cup: Champions. Beating Stoke in the final 2-0

Fa Cup: Lost in Semi-Final to Man Utd 2-1

Champions League: Group PSG, Steaua and Galatasaray. 2nd Round beating Juventus 6-4 agg, Quarter-final beating Man City on penalties. Semi-final Beat Roma 5-1 on agg. Final beat Dortmund 3-2 with Hazard scoring the winner in the 87th minute.

Ins: Munir, Bilal Ould-Chikh, Sergi Samper, Paolo Sarabia, Lucas Pratto, Dele Alli, Lucas Romero, Eder Alvarez Balanta. -Total £46.5m

Outs: Todd Kane, Ramires - Total £36.5m

2nd Season Review:

Charity Shield: Won

Premiership: Won 30, drew 4 lost 4 For 111 against 38 Points 94 - Champions. (2nd place on 77 points)

Capital One Cup: Knocked out in fourth round to Swansea.

Fa Cup: Won, beating Liverpool 2-1 in the final.

Champions League: Champions again... Beat Liverpool on penalties!

Ins: Faouzi Ghoulam, Youri Tielemans, Zakarai Bakkali, Alex Sandro, Vincent Aboubakar,(£15.5m) Shkodran Mustafi, Patrick Roberts, Ryan Kendrick (regen), Patrick Bertilsson(regen), Aleksandar Mitrovic. Total: £97.25m

Outs: Paolo Sarabia, Moses, Atsu, Schurrle, Marin, Romeu, Ivanovic, Omeruo, Filipe Luis, Aboubakar(£20m), Salah, Remy, T Hazard. Total - £155m.

Sorry for the updates. Just signed Javier Hernandez on a free transfer, I have Frank Arnesen as my DOF. Tries to sign some right old dodgy players. £22m for a 30 year old Modric. Good but not good enough and not at that age!

Great season Bracken.
Fantastic season, Bracken! I'm still yet to achieve the same, but it will be the goal for the next season.

Cheers both, it was sadly my only trophy of the season, I somehow feel a team that good should've won more, still pretty darn happy with that achievement

Yeah, my u21s are having that problem. Also, is anyone else hemorrhaging money? Having brought in a couple of players (nothing particularly exorbitant compared to the players I've already got) and sold a couple, I've found I'm leaking money somewhere into the ether. At the end of the first season I'm down from £150 million to £15 million, and I have no idea how that's happened...? Despite that, I have 100% confidence from the board in my wage control and I'm about a million and a half under the wage limit.

Also, is anyone else hemorrhaging money? Having brought in a couple of players (nothing particularly exorbitant compared to the players I've already got) and sold a couple, I've found I'm leaking money somewhere into the ether. At the end of the first season I'm down from £150 million to £15 million, and I have no idea how that's happened...? Despite that, I have 100% confidence from the board in my wage control and I'm about a million and a half under the wage limit.

I have the same problem. I am under the wage budget limit and receiving around 850k euro per month from the sales of Demba Ba, Cahill, Ramires and Mikel and losing money like a mad man. I will have to sell a few more players at the end of the season to compensate.

You get a lot of sponsorship money around june for the new season. Plus Roman should cover any debt, so there's no reason to sell players for finance.

Its normal to lose a lot of money during the season, as you hardly receive any income. The bulk of the money comes at the season's end and start.

Just started my Chelsea save at last and so far its going well. Played 13 won 12 drawn 1, a nice 6-1 win at home to City being a real highlight! Thought i would go down the counter route with a 4-1-2-2-1 and try to hit on the break with pace and it seems to be paying off nicey. Hazard is immense as in IF attack on the left but still cant get the right balance on the right. I actually put hazard there for my away trip to the lane and won 5-2 he was a great outlet for a high pressing spurs side. Might keep him there for my next game and put Shurly on the left, was struggling to get Costa to chip in with more goals but after trying so many different roles for him a false 9 seems to have given him the best link up with my 2 IF's.

Not made any signings although trying to prize Reus away from dortmund but his agent is a money grabbing little sod so decided to pull the plug on the deal. Looking to my youth with Loftus Cheek getting a run in the squad lately and is improving well

You get a lot of sponsorship money around june for the new season. Plus Roman should cover any debt, so there's no reason to sell players for finance.

Its normal to lose a lot of money during the season, as you hardly receive any income. The bulk of the money comes at the season's end and start.

True, but after the end of the season (including after prize money etc.), I'm only £20 million in the black, and that's the result of sales of players (Ramires, actually). I'm worried, because if I have to sell someone like Ramires every season, it's hardly going to be feasible in the long term (or the short term, really). And while Roman will cover debt...the fairplay rules limit that now, don't they?

True, but after the end of the season (including after prize money etc.), I'm only £20 million in the black, and that's the result of sales of players (Ramires, actually). I'm worried, because if I have to sell someone like Ramires every season, it's hardly going to be feasible in the long term (or the short term, really). And while Roman will cover debt...the fairplay rules limit that now, don't they?

Well, we're no Man City or PSG who can spend endlessly. But as long as you keep the transfers in sensible, you shouldnt need to worry too much! Especially if you can also balance it with some good outgoing transfers. You should only need to sell players if you're spending too much on incoming players!

That's interesting because I'm having no problem with finances. Sure, my finances dip during the season, but I've recorded profits and improvements for each season. I'm in the middle of June in 2016 and have a balance of £194m. I am hoping that moving to the new stadium next season will help a lot, as I think the main area where I'm leaking money is match day revenue. More season tickets will provide a nice cash injection as well.

Start of 3rd season, quick transfer update:

Ins: Engin Dogan (16yr old regen), Isco £25m, Javier Hernandez Free, Domenico Berardi, £24m - could climb to £35m, Ludovic Fleury (17yr old regen). Total £64.3m

Outs: Delac, Kakuta, Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Torres, McEachran, Ali, Scott, Dasilva, Bolkiah, Brady, Perica - all for free. Bamford £2.7m, Pratto £10m, Ghoulam £20m, Pasalic £4.5m, Kalas £15m, Piazon £15m. Total £97m

Soooo i decided to go back to my beta save. Im now in 2017-2018 Season and Ripping it up. Teams changed alot though! and Its been a real case of replacing bits and bits before it all falls. So my teams as follows....

GK) Courtois (John Ruddy)

DR) Coleman (Stones)

DL) Jonathon Silva (Eder Alvarez Balanta)

DC) Zouma (Varane)

DC) Laporte (Eder Alvarez Balanta)

CM) Kramer (Ramires)

CM) Thiago Alcantra (Tielmans)

AML) Hazard (Willian/Bertrand Traore)

AMC) Meyer (Willian/Oscar)

AMR) Oscar (Willian/Bertrand Traore)

ST) Lewandowski (Diego Costa)

So overall a great team and its showing now im ruining the Premiership and Walked the Champions League last season. Standouts sofar have been Zouma ,Coleman ,Kramer ,Meyer and Hazard (Best player in my game) Lewandowski is also scoring ridiculous amounts sofar this season (Like 14 in 8)

Soooo i decided to go back to my beta save. Im now in 2017-2018 Season and Ripping it up. Teams changed alot though! and Its been a real case of replacing bits and bits before it all falls. So my teams as follows....

DR) Coleman (Stones)

DC) Zouma (Varane)

CM) Kramer (Ramires)

So overall a great team and its showing now im ruining the Premiership and Walked the Champions League last season. Standouts sofar have been Zouma ,Coleman ,Kramer ,Meyer and Hazard (Best player in my game) Lewandowski is also scoring ridiculous amounts sofar this season (Like 14 in 8)

Wow, that's quite the squad you've got there. How do you split playing time between Costa and Lewandowski? I wouldn't be able to choose!

Wow, that's quite the squad you've got there. How do you split playing time between Costa and Lewandowski? I wouldn't be able to choose!

I tend to change it about based on who im playing for example Costa would always play against big physical teams whereas Lewandowski would play against the likes of Barcelona. However with Lewandowski playing so well Costas not played a particular amount. When Lewandowski's Condition goes below 93% i give costa a couple of games. Overall i think Lewandowski will play 3/5 times with Costa 2/5 so it works enough. If Lewandowski goes 2 games without a goal and doesnt look great ill mix it up again. Ive also got Gabriel Barbosa out on loan. Its hard keeping good players happy.

DR) Coleman (Stones)

DC) Zouma (Varane)

CM) Kramer (Ramires)

How much did you spend on getting these players to Chelsea?

Archived