[FM14] David Beckham goes into management

DavidBeckham

C1bAgp5.jpg

December 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

pTdyu4z.jpg?1

It certainly doesn't feel good to be chasing the leaders. We started December well against our fierce rivals Liverpool and the boys were up to the occasion as they emerged 3-0 winners. However, we were brought back down to earth at White Hart Lane as Rafael got himself sent off at a crucial time in a 2-1 defeat. We bounced back against the Magpies at Old Trafford but inconsistency crept in once more as Stoke held us to a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

Next, we progressed in the Capital One Cup after beating Fulham and Stoke City awaits us in the semis. The boys ended the month strongly with three wins and the last one was vital as it was against one of our title rivals, Chelsea.

League Table

zbg1ThC.jpg?1

At the half-way mark, we sit second, three points behind Arsenal with a visit to the Emirates Stadium still to come in the second half of the season. Blackpool climbed one place into 16th, a point clear of the relegation zone.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my favourite time in game, transfer time, where you look for hours for the right player, then decide you don't need him after all :D

Since I have decided to go English and youth in my save, I have missed this part of the game badly :( It will come back when I move on to pastures new!

C1bAgp5.jpg

January 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

CwJRgP1.jpg?1

The lads hit top form in January, winning nine games out of nine in all competitions. We conceded only one goal in five league games, winning against Hull, Norwich, Watford and Everton before the all important clash against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal had just lost to Chelsea and we had the chance to go a few points clear of our title rivals. Eric Dier's goal from a corner was enough to sink the Gunners and we finally go top after months of chasing \o/

Cups

We progressed to the Capital One Cup final after knocking out Stoke 5-3 on aggregate and the lads will be facing Chelsea in the final. In addition, we managed to beat both Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough to keep our FA Cup run going.

League Table

wmCu0rI.jpg?1

As mentioned earlier, we are finally top after months of chasing and Arsenal dropped down to fourth after costly defeats against us and Chelsea. Blackpool had a good month too as they climbed further away from the relegation places into 15th.

C1bAgp5.jpg

February 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

YGTCK6R.jpg?1

Another great month apart from a loss at Southampton in the league. We won our first two league games in February against Middlesbrough and Wigan at home before the 3-1 loss where the Saints punished our woeful defending clinically. We had a favorable draw in the FA Cup and the young players did well in a 4-0 victory against Bradford at Old Trafford.

Back in the Champions League, we were drawn against Dortmund and we had to travel to Germany in the first leg. Wayne Rooney was on fire as his hat-trick helped the team to a 3-0 win and it was a fantastic result to take back to the Theatre of Dreams. We ended the month on a high, winning two hard fought league fixtures against Ipswich and Swansea.

League Table

DdcqCPF.jpg?1

After a solid month, we consolidated top spot with Chelsea a further eight points behind. My old club Blackpool stayed 15th and with Middlesbrough four points behind with a game in hand in 18th, they face a fight to stay in the league.

The Next Ryan Giggs?

1xO1xd1.jpg?1

After three seasons of disappointing youth intakes, I think we have found the next Ryan Giggs! He's right sided though and my scout says he could be one of the best players of his generation!

Just sharing my excitement! :D

C1bAgp5.jpg

March 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

CyDF1lh.jpg?1

March saw us bag the Capital One Cup after a hard fought 3-2 win against our rivals Chelsea. After the cup joy, the boys let complacency set in as we dropped valuable points at Cardiff after a 1-0 loss. We bounced back in the cups as we progressed at the expense of both Man City and Dortmund in the FA Cup and Champions League respectively.

We had to win our next league game and it couldn't be any tougher as Old Trafford welcomed Man City. Thankfully, Phil Jones inspired the team with a brace and helped us to all three points in a 3-1 victory. However, the boys continued to show inconsistency as Spurs came back brilliantly to beat us 2-1 at the Theatre of Dreams after Nathan Redmond gave us an early lead.

League Table

RwCmrJs.jpg?1

Chelsea and Arsenal were delighted as we dropped six points this month. Chelsea are five points behind with a game in hand and we had no more room for error as we face a season ending trip to Stamford Bridge. Blackpool climbed to 14th and I was glad to see them five points clear of the relegation places.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted that my laptop died and I couldn't retrieve the save, all the work had gone down the drain :(

Has got a new laptop and fm14 loaded but do not know what to do with it :( any ideas of a last long term fm14 save guys?

R.I.P..

As mentioned in the earlier post, I couldn't believe my luck as my laptop crashed and I couldn't retrieve my save :( While I am looking to start a new save, here is the list of honors and achievements before the demise.

Season 13/14: Blackpool - Promoted in second place

Season 14/15: Blackpool - 13th

Season 15/16: Man United - League, FA Cup, Champions League,

Season 16/17: Man United - League, League Cup, Champions League

Season 17/18: Man United - League, League Cup, FA Cup; England - Eliminated Quarter-Finals

New Start!

Game Status

Current Version: 14.3.0

Database Size: Large

Selected Nations (Leagues)

England (Sky Bet Championship And Above)

Germany (First Division Only)

Italy (Serie A Only)

Spain (LIGA BBVA Only)

I have decided to start unemployed again as my all-time favorite footballer and this time round, I'm gonna try to stick around a club longer. The only regret I had in my last save was leaving Blackpool too early without taking them as far as I could. In the new save, I will aim to take whichever club I choose to manage as far as I can before moving on to the next one. In addition, by the time I end the save (hopefully the new laptop will last till the FM15 release), I hope to win the World Cup with England.

King Hornet!

4s4unH6.jpg?1

I went on a vacation indefinitely and chose the option of applying for every club job available but was rejected by all the top flight clubs. In December, Bolton, Leeds and Watford sacked their managers and I tried my luck again. All three clubs offered me contracts and left me with a tough decision to make. Eventually, I accepted the offer from Watford as Bolton and Leeds are both rivals of United. The Hornets currently sits 13th in the table after 20 games and it may be too late for a promotion push as we are seven points behind the play-off places. Nevertheless, I am extremely eager to get going! Wish me luck! :D

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

Introduction 2013/2014

Name: Watford Football Club

Stadium: Vicarage Road

Capacity: 17477 all-seater

d0ljnSB.jpg?1

A club with satisfactory finances with a recoverable debt of 3.2 million pounds. Was predicted by the media to finish just outside the play-off places in 7th at the start of the season. As I took the job with the club in 13th place, I'm not expecting a finish in the play-off places.

Board Expectations

Sky Bet Championship: Respectable league position

FA Cup: Fourth Round

Capital One Cup: Knocked out by Arsenal in Third Round

My personal expectations aren't too far off from the board's and I will be looking to finish as high up the table as possible while giving the second choice players/youngsters game time in the FA Cup.

Budgets

Transfers: £3,200,000

% of transfer revenue made available: 55%

Wages: £240,000

There is enough room to play around with and I will be looking to bring in a couple of midfield anchors and a ball-winner to add steel to our midfield. With no preseason, the games will be coming thick and fast in December and I will need to settle quickly before pressure starts to mount. A tough away fixture at Ipswich awaits!

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

December to March 2013/2014 - Watford

Fixtures

pTXbwwi.jpg?1

It's gonna be a long update from the day I took over all the way till March. I was completely hooked on the game and couldn't bring myself off it to write :o We improved our league form throughout the four months but was knocked out inevitably in the FA Cup by Chelsea in a 6-1 thrashing after I fielded our second team.

N8wS4Cu.jpg?1

As you can see, things didn't get off to a good start as we hovered around mid table while we worked on the tactical familiarity. As it approached its peak, results improved and we climbed up the table consequently.

League Table

pHs0vFV.jpg?1

We sneaked into the promotion places! \o/ With seven games remaining, it will be close all the way till the end of season.

Transfers

Chris Baird

I mentioned earlier that we needed a couple of midfield anchors and Chris Baird was the perfect fit on a free transfer.

Stefan Strandberg

Stefan Strandberg can play in most central positions and he will play ahead of Chris Baird to hold our midfield.

Top Three Players

Daniel Pudil

Daniel Pudil prefers to play further up the field but I decided to shift him back to left back due to a shortage of personnel. He repaid my faith with solid displays and bagged a couple of assists with his cultured left foot.

Samba Diakite

Samba Diakite is our very own Yaya Toure and he has played with great poise since I arrived. Samba's a superb ball winner at this level and it's a pity that he's only on loan :(

Gabriele Angella

With the team conceding only 15 goals in 19 league games, it is no surprise that we have two of our back four in my top three players so far. Gabriele is the commander-in-chief in our defense and has an eye for goal at corners.

And now for the final stretch!

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

April & May 2013/2014 - Watford

bLe3nY6.jpg?1

Y7ua1jd.jpg?1

The lads were fantastic since I took over and we managed to sneak into the play-off places. However, the boys fell at the last hurdle against Reading in the play-off final and we narrowly missed out on promotion. Nevertheless, it has been a great ride so far climbing the table all the way from 13th to 4th and there were more positives than negatives.

We go again! \o/

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

Preseason 2014/2015 - Watford

Board Expectations

Sky Bet Championship: Win promotion

FA Cup: Fourth round

Capital One Cup: Third round

I will do everything to get us promoted this season, even if that means sacrificing the cup competitions.

Budgets

Transfer: 2 million pounds

Wages: 250,000 pounds

The board continues to put in money and with the sale of a few fringe players, I was able to work with a considerable budget.

Transfers

ylgG4WI.jpg?1

9 players were brought in to freshen up the squad and 5 were English. The biggest transfer fee was paid for right-back Joel Ward and Italian midfielder Diego Fabbrini went the other way for 3.2 million pounds.

Tom Ince

Young exciting English winger Tom Ince was brought in to replace the outgoing Alexander Merkel who refused a second loan deal :( Tom is the kind of player I want to bring to the club, someone who can develop into a Premier League player should we go up this season.

Declan Rudd

A new number one was brought in as Almunia was ageing and it made no sense renewing his contract. Similarly, Declan Rudd has the potential to be a Premier League goalkeeper and he is the right player to bring in our chase for promotion.

Luca Rigoni

I would have preferred to keep Diakete but he wasn't available for another loan deal or a reasonable transfer fee. I had to explore the market for a new ball winner and an unknown Italian in Luca emerged and hopefully he can fill Diakete's big pair of shoes!

Preseason Friendlies

ZwR4uur.jpg?1

A couple of comfortable friendlies sandwiched a respectable narrow loss against our parent club Liverpool and we are ready for the long hard journey to promotion!

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

August 2014/2015 - Watford

League

OmFlUkr.jpg?1

I was very happy with the start after narrowly missing out on promotion last year. The boys remained unbeaten after six games, scoring eight and conceding only one at Coventry. Troy Deeney was in solid goal scoring form, bagging four in six and I was most pleased with our five clean sheets so far.

dQhwRsK.jpg?1

We lead the pack with 14 points after a good month and surprise package Yeovil lies a further point behind in second place. Wigan, Bristol City, Stoke and Bournemouth complete the top 6.

Capital One Cup

UZaBY6O.jpg?1

We were handed two away ties so far in the competition and our second choice lineup did well to progress in both games, scoring eight and conceding one to Peterborough. Sheffield United awaits us in the next round.

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

September 2014/2015 - Watford

Fixtures

5h5lHDW.jpg?1

We began the month real sloppily with a home defeat against Burnley to go into the international break on a low. The boys came back with a bang against Bournemouth at home and Troy Deeney scored a superb hat-trick to help us on our way to a 5-1 victory. Two hard fought away draws followed against Wigan and Derby before we were back in action in the Capital One Cup.

nRhTdSR.jpg?1

The second string players staked a strong claim for first-team football with another convincing showing in the cup against Sheffield United. Anthony Stokes added a double to goals from Douglas Santos and loanee Amidu Salifu. We ended the month on a high with two satisfying away victories against Brighton and Doncaster.

League Table

vTDUsuR.jpg?1

Despite dropping seven points in September, we stayed top with 25 points in a very competitive league. Stoke City had a great September and climbed up to second place on 25 points. West Brom was staring at consecutive relegations in 22nd place.

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

October to January 2014/2015 - Watford

League

rmi6swB.jpg?1

5yHbDNE.jpg?1

It's gonna be a longggggg update this time round as I couldn't bring myself off the game to write once again :lol: It had been a topsy turvy four months and during our worst spell, we dropped down to third at one point. The lads have been terribly inconsistent, conceding from stupid back passes and set-pieces and it was frustrating to watch at times. On a positive note, Troy Deeney's goals have helped us to numerous valuable points and is currently top of the goal scoring chart with 22.

League Table

1xmqz20.jpg?1

We are surely now in a three horse race all the way till the end of season with both Stoke City and Blackburn Rovers. Stoke was relegated from the Premier League last season and with lots of quality players still in the squad, it was no surprise to see them in the title race. Blackburn was tipped by the media to finish in mid table but they have surprised many with some great displays to sit second ahead of Stoke. We are only ahead on goal difference and a blip could see us drop back down out of the automatic promotion places.

Cups

LQuFZxj.jpg

I couldn't believe my luck when we drew Man United in both competitions. We were inevitably knocked out of the Capital One Cup after a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford. On a brighter note, the boys produced one of our greatest displays of the season in a 3-0 victory at Vicarage Road to see us progress in the FA Cup.

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

February 2014/2015 - Watford

Fixtures

3e8OSUy.jpg?1

It was a mixed February as we remained unbeaten in the league but got knocked out of the FA Cup by Premier League side Swansea. We kicked off the month with two solid league wins against Derby and Bournemouth before the cup exit against the Welsh outfit. We were back to winning ways against Doncaster and Yeovil before dropping points in our last league fixture of the month against Brighton.

DSp9Tq9.jpg

Right-back Faraoni was sent off against the Seagulls after committing two bookable offence.

League Table

o9rpQHa.jpg?1

We managed to extend our lead at the top to three points after Blackburn and Stoke dropped valuable points. Crystal Palace, West Brom and Middlesbrough complete a strong looking top six.

I share your pain on the stupid goals conceded front! Looks like it'll be a tight end but hopefully you can hold on.

It could be the quality of the league/players. We don't concede much but when we do the goals are real poor :(

Shame about losing your save but looks like things are going well in this new one :thup:

It's certainly a pity but sometimes things are fated aren't they? :brock:

Watford has been great fun apart from the poor goals conceded and frustrating inconsistencies at times :)

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

Season Review 2014/2015 - Watford

League

Remaining Fixtures (March to May) Final Table (Promoted as Champions)

We were in a good position before April but frustratingly, the lads stuttered past the finishing line as we showed signs of nerves in the crucial games. We finished with three defeats and a draw in our last four matches and it was a bit of an anti-climax at the end. Nevertheless, with the media tipping us to finish third, the lads over-achieved and it was job well done :D

Awards

FYPl6xM.jpg?1

Extremely proud to see six players in the championship's team of the year with three of our back four making the cut.

ny8mn3c.jpg?1

FmHCM0H.jpg?1

Troy Deeney is an absolute goal machine playing in the false nine lone striking role. He finished the season with 34 goals, 10 ahead of his nearest rivals to clinch the top scorer award.

6IRMWad.jpg?1

Double delight for Deeney \o/

FA Cup

HZx27Ii.jpg?1

The lads produced the performance of the season against Man United at home to knock the Red Devils out of the cup with a 3-0 win. Inevitably, we fell to another superior opposition as Swansea dismissed us 3-1 at Vicarage Road. On the bright side, Anthony Stokes was superb in this competition, scoring seven in four games.

League Cup

RU5O6DL.jpg?1

As mentioned in the earlier posts, we were unlucky to get Man United in both cup competitions and the lads were no match for the big boys as they beat us 2-1 at Old Trafford. Anthony Stokes was brilliant once again, scoring six in four league cup games.

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

All in all, the squad has done reasonably well and the new signings proved to be great assets to the team. I will certainly be trying my best to tie down the loan signings for another season as they did very well for me.

Top 3 Players

Troy Deeney

The awards said it all and there is no need for extra words :D

Tom Ince

Tom Ince was eased slowly into the team and he started to influence games in the second half of the season, scoring and creating numerous goals. He will be vital in our survival bid next season.

Stefan Strandberg

Stefan holds the midfield and protects our back four and he was the key to our good defensive record. Similarly, the Norwegian is top flight quality and he will be very important as we aim to stay up next season.

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

Preseason 2015/2016 - Watford

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Stay clear of relegation

FA Cup: Fifth round

Capital One Cup: Fourth round

Survival is the key this season, the cup competitions remain secondary to me despite the board's increasing expectations.

Budgets

Transfer: 3.43 million pounds

Wages: 411,000 pounds

With the club still in debt, I did not expect a huge transfer war chest. As I wanted to keep most of the squad which got us promoted last season, the budget is just about right.

Transfers

Jpo9q8k.jpg?1

Salifu and Stokes both extended their loan deals for another season and they will primarily be back-ups. In addition, Lingard and Ndinga were signed on loan to add to the depth of the squad.

Matthew Briggs

Pudil is superb going forward but I need a left-back who is better defensively. Matthew Briggs requested a transfer after Fulham's relegation and I pounced to sign him. He will go straight into the first 11 and hopefully he settles fast.

Dan Burn

The towering center-back is our second acquisition from relegated Fulham and similarly, he will be thrown into the first team to partner Angella in central defense. The speed at which both signings settle will go a long way to help us survive this season.

Preseason Friendlies

NMJuT2B.jpg?1

As usual, a couple of real easy friendlies were organized to boost the boys' morale and tactical familiarity. A tough start awaits us as we face Chelsea and Arsenal in our opening two games. In addition, we face a tough away trip to Cardiff at the end of the month and I will be very happy if we can emerge from August with two or three points.

VpWVQuG.jpg?1

And this happened..

Takeover Saga - Becks vs Keano?

eByni6u.jpg?1

As mentioned in the earlier posts, Watford was subjected to a rumored takeover and the following happened..

hJ6Ztfz.jpg?1

There were rumors flying around with regards to the new owners favoring a change of head coach and Roy Keane was their choice :eek:

UG80jq3.jpg?1

And the wait for the decision wasn't fun at all :(

9qjkA5s.jpg?1

But thankfully, Becks won at the end! \o/

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

August to September 2015/2016 - Watford

League

hLWrQy4.jpg?1

We had a disastrous start to the season and ended up with no points after the August fixtures. Thankfully, the boys were sharp in the close encounter at Carrow Road and we emerged 2-0 victors with much improved morale. We showed that we had successfully turned the corner with two consecutive victories against Crystal Palace and Stoke City at home. The three victories in September helped us to our first awards in the top flight \o/

YKiHXVt.jpg?1

dJkO76A.jpg?1

Douglas Santos had been superb for me down the left wing as he became increasingly familiar in the ML position after his positional retraining.

eonfq4e.jpg?1

We currently sit 10th with nine points and the lads have to continue to keep their performance level up as it is still early days. Chelsea leads the way with 15 points while Man United lingers disappointingly in seventh.

Capital One Cup

DkLzmjV.jpg?1

We have met the board's expectation of reaching the fourth round after victories over Peterborough and Fulham. Douglas Santos was the hero as he came off the bench to grab the 88th minute winner.

7uQNVvR.jpg?1

October to December 2015/2016 - Watford

Fixtures

zHC06Qq.jpg?1

After a great September, we met with the inevitable dip in form and went on a dreadful win-less run of seven league games. I came to realize that results tend to be very streaky on this version and this adds to the realism of the game. On top of having good tactical knowledge, it is vital to keep the morale of the squad high so as to ensure consistency of results. We finally turned the corner against Newcastle at Vicarage Road where two goals from Troy Deeney secured a 4-0 victory. A creditable goal-less draw against Chelsea wrapped up a better month after a win-less November.

6uxH5dF.jpg?1

Despite the inconsistency, we managed to do very well in the individual monthly awards and our players have managed three out of five player of the month awards so far. Douglas Santos bagged two in September and October before Troy Deeney won in December.

Table

g1X4jNr.jpg?1

All in all, it has been a great season so far as we sit in 9th position, nine points clear of the relegation places. The aim has always been survival this season and I was pleased to see us well on our way to achieving our targets. Chelsea continued to dominate the league and they lead the pack six points clear of nearest rivals Man City. Man United moved within one point of the Champions League places after going on a better run of results.

What a great recovery from that awful start to the season! A lovely chairman you got yourself as well, fancy a European push this year?

Thanks mate! I will be looking to finish as high up the table as possible but frankly, I don't see it happening as we are quite a number of points away from the European places :(

Archived