[FM14] David Beckham goes into management

DavidBeckham

R56P8c0.jpg

June 2017 - England

04f6fbb7-49ec-4d2e-83f9-a707166184b2_zps7099053d.jpg

After a couple of months without England duty, the lads put on a horror show in the friendly against Slovakia as we were beaten comfortably. It could be down to most of them not being match fit or simply a case of complacency. We will have to do a lot better if we want to get anywhere near winning the World Cup.

470b2912-a3ef-4acd-9c09-a38737330ab0_zpsf1c446f4.jpg

The first choice players were restored to the line-up and it was a much improved showing in Poland. Cleverley does it again with an important goal to put us in the lead before Zaha finished the job.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did a very good job at Blackpool, and great seeing it took you no time at all to be swimming in trophies at Man Utd.
Did well getting Blackpool up and keeping them in the division for a season, would have liked to seen how you got on for another few seasons but it was a big move to turn down :D

Thanks guys! In all fairness, the Manchester United job would be too big to turn down for someone like Becks :)

As for Blackpool, I do still have a soft spot for them and who knows, I may be back there someday :brock:

C1bAgp5.jpg

Preseason 2017/2018 - Manchester United

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Challenge for the title

UEFA Champions League: Reach the semi final

European Super Cup: Winners

FA Cup: Reach the final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Community Shield: Not important

Interesting to see the board lowering their expectations for the Champions League. Perhaps it could be due to me selling a whole lot of key players to bring youths through.

Budgets

Transfer: 127 million pounds

Wages: 2.7 million pounds

Crazy budget there but as mentioned, I will look to bring even more youngsters through after last season's successes. I will also look to develop the English players in preparation for the World Cup at the end of the season.

Transfers

5c6e883a-c26f-41a7-ab14-42c71bd51e43_zps88d726f4.jpg

John Stones

Stones was the only transfer-in and key players like Moreno and Mata left for handsome sums of money. Young Italian center-back Julian Mazzacani was also sold for 27 million pounds and healthy profits were made. This transfer window reminded me a little of the season when Fergie brought through the class of 92 after selling Paul Ince, Mark Hughes and Andrei Kanchelskis. Lets hope the gamble pays off!

Preseason Friendlies

95c73f99-3b55-4c3a-84b5-e32626234883_zpsb28ae166.jpg

After a couple of comfortable friendlies, we kick the season off against Cardiff in the Community Shield, a trophy which I haven't won on this save and I am desperate to win it.

C1bAgp5.jpg

August 2017/2018 - Manchester United

dbebdbf3-0eed-4338-aa02-b332d51e30a6_zpsca3352a0.jpg

36621278-5b5e-49f2-b229-157c35c5c991_zps5066a2dd.jpg

We failed to win the Community Shield again and this time round, we didn't deserve to lose as we got beaten miraculously by two Nani fluke goals (crosses which went straight in :(). Our old player came back to haunt us after we failed to put away the numerous chances created. Having lost 3-2 to Chelsea last season, the Community Shield remains the only trophy I have not won with United.

After the disappointment, we kicked off our league season with a hard fought 1-0 victory against Hull City. The boys had to hang on with ten men after taking the lead through former Man United academy graduate Tom Thorpe's own goal. Fellaini grabbed the winner in our next fixture for our second 1-0 victory of the season against Watford. I enjoy 1-0 victories as much as the big wins and we wrapped up the month with yet another 1-0 victory against Chelsea at Old Trafford. Danny Welbeck provided the winner this time round and the win propelled us to the top of table with nine points out of nine.

R56P8c0.jpg

September 2017 - England

1bf52f31-1144-4f95-97cf-a96cbc0b5115_zps6e518dd1.jpg

06996d45-188a-4989-82d5-49f52e712b1d_zps7e68e03e.jpg

There were two qualifiers in September and we had to travel away from England for both games. We were satisfied with the four points gained as it was always going to be tough winning two consecutive away games. Armenia was up first and a Phil Jones double inspired the three lions to a comfortable 3-0 victory.

Hungary was up next and despite dominating, we simply couldn't find the net as the lads were held to a goal-less draw. With four points in the bag, we continue to lead the table with Wales breathing down our necks a further two points behind. There is no room for any mistakes now.

C1bAgp5.jpg

September 2017/2018 - Manchester United

de85e588-a234-4b07-ac8e-92ff887ecc4d_zps9b5e081d.jpg

4aed19c8-a22c-4b21-8f1f-ee985687af8a_zpsb1779109.jpg

Even though we were unbeaten for the whole of September, it was a disappointing month. We kicked off the month on a high with the Super Cup victory against Inter. Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney sealed the victory with two late goals. Back in the league, we were held to a 1-1 draw at Villa Park as the boys dropped their first points of the season. We kicked off our Champions League campaign with our second consecutive 1-1 draw as we conceded a late goal from a set-piece after young regen Belgian left-back Zoundi got sent off.

An emphatic Capital One Cup win against Northampton sandwiched two disappointing home draws against Arsenal and Liverpool and despite some decent defending, the same couldn't be said of the attacking as we struggled to find that extra cutting edge upfront. It could be due to the sale of the two Spaniards Mata and Moreno and the young English players have to step up quickly to prevent us from falling further behind in the title race.

We now sit in 5th, two points behind leaders Tottenham Hotspur and much improvement is needed in October.

C1bAgp5.jpg

October 2017/2018 - Manchester United

f8dbe6cb-82fe-4fcf-9dc2-87e65895c5df_zps63d4c6a9.jpg

4c111c4c-7b7b-469a-bda4-659f570f24ea_zpse8e0b47f.jpg

I mentioned in last update that much improvement is needed this month and that was exactly what I got. In fact, it was a great month as we won five out of five in all competitions, scoring 18 and conceding only one. In the Champions League, the lads followed up the disappointing draw against Porto last month with two wins and we now sit top of our group with seven points.

Cardiff visited Old Trafford in our first league fixture of the month and goals from Nick Powell, Tom Ince and Nathan Redmond secured all three points. A tough away fixture against Southampton was up next and the 4-1 scoreline flattered us as the home side put up a great fight. We ended the month with another solid away victory in Wales against Swansea and I was excited to see young ball-winner regen Ryan Wigglesworth open his account after replacing the injured Sami Khedira.

After a great October, we are now one point ahead of Chelsea in first place. The top four had a familiar look about it, with Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham separated by a solitary point.

R56P8c0.jpg

October 2017 - England

ac11d563-a820-44b5-9798-c2a37740fc48_zps90b9a94d.jpg

1213b26f-5c4d-454d-a5a2-eb99dfbaff2d_zpsdebe345b.jpg

We have qualified for the World Cup! The boys sealed qualification in our first fixture of the month with an emphatic 7-0 away win against San Marino. Wilfried Zaha, Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge all bagged doubles to help us on our way to three points. With qualification in the bag, I handed starts to many of the second string players at Wembley against Israel and they responded positively in a 2-0 win. Nathan Redmond and Steven Caulker were the scorers in our last fixture of the qualifying campaign.

Looking back at the solid qualifying campaign, we were unspectacular but did enough to top the group with 26 points after 8 wins and two draws, scoring 29 and conceding just one and that defensive stability pleased me the most. Wales entered the play-offs with seven wins and three defeats in second place.

Pleasantly surprised by this thread. Was a bit worried at first with a career starting on international rep with a genuine real life superstars as user name. Gotta say its been superb though! As a NCFC season ticket holder its also been nice to see NCFC doing so well in the league (until the last few posts).....The games presenting us like we and media all thought we'd be. Decent squad and great summer signings etc....sadly in real life we had a decent squad with great summer signings......but a clueless defensive numpty in charge. Is Hughton still in charge of NCFC on the game?

Manager of England & Utd at same time? Thinking of giving one up?

Keep up the good work chap!

Thanks for your kind words, I was a little worried at the start too as no one seems to be reading this!

Nah, not giving one up yet as it is important to develop England players at United and make sure they are ready at international level. The top English clubs are not giving the local lads enough chances!

be2bcffc-c1c8-46f1-bf26-0558210ee559_zpsac653828.jpg

Here you go! To be fair to Hughton, he actually led Norwich to two consecutive 6th place finishes before he was sacked last season. Luis Enrique came in and the Canaries finished 15th that season. They are currently in 16th place :(

R56P8c0.jpg

November 2017 - England

acc3bd52-4df9-4351-b465-0968227c2eeb_zps8bf8b29d.jpg

In the only England fixture of the month, we welcomed Chile to Wembley for a friendly. Having been beaten in real life by the same opposition, I didn't dare to underestimate our opponents. It turned out to be a comfortable 3-0 win with goals from Phil Jones, Eric Dier and Danny Welbeck.

Despite not being among the goals, Jack Wilshere was the man of the match after a brilliant display in the CM-A role.

C1bAgp5.jpg

November 2017/2018 - Manchester United

83039ee7-cb3d-47a0-a273-2e47226896ff_zpsd541fc6e.jpg

da91d1c7-b7cc-43df-894b-401265794ac5_zps9d76544d.jpg

We followed a terrific October with another great month of results. The boys won all of our matches apart from the away game at Lyon, where it ended goal-less. We started the month with a 3-1 win over Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup and the youngsters gave good accounts of themselves. In the league, We bagged nine points out of nine after home victories over Crystal Palace, Stoke and Everton. We scored 7 goals in total and kept clean sheets in all three matches.

After the draw in Lyon, it was important to get all three points in Portugal against Porto and the players put up a great show in a comfortable 2-0 victory. Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley, two players who have been at the club for their whole lives, scored in the win.

The perfect league form kept us top, four points ahead of Chelsea and seven ahead of City. Wigan gatecrashed the top four on 23 points and Liverpool is in 8th.

I am sorry that most of my screenshots disappeared and apparently, it won't be available until the 2nd of May.

I have exceeded photobucket's 10GB bandwidth limit and the images will only reappear after the bandwidth resets every month.

R56P8c0.jpg

World Cup Draw 2018

8c1df95b-c436-4428-a22d-d7261f4c6ff2_zps16a10d5c.jpg

World Cup draw done! Could have been better but could be a lot worse too so I can't complain.

Rest of the groups

A: Colombia, Costa Rica, Russia, Wales

B: Brazil, France, Poland, South Korea

C: Argentina, Egypt, Iraq, Switzerland

D: Belgium, Chile, Portugal, USA

E: Georgia, Honduras, Nigeria, Spain

F: DR Congo, Iran, Italy, Serbia

H: Algeria, Croatia, Mexico, Uruguay

Anticipating a cracking game against Germany!

I am sorry that most of my screenshots disappeared and apparently, it won't be available until the 2nd of May.

I have exceeded photobucket's 10GB bandwidth limit and the images will only reappear after the bandwidth resets every month.

As is always said when this comes up, use imgur :p

Seriously, imgur has pretty much no drawbacks, and you don't have the awful photobucket limits that have blighted a few careers on here. Give it a try

As is always said when this comes up, use imgur :p

Seriously, imgur has pretty much no drawbacks, and you don't have the awful photobucket limits that have blighted a few careers on here. Give it a try

Thank you for your suggestion, I am giving imgur a try now :D

Great group, D as well.

Indeed! Group D looks real tough with the number one team on the world rankings (Belgium) and a couple of giants from three different continents!

C1bAgp5.jpg

December 2017/2018 - Manchester United

KtUF8pC.jpg?1

xU7LUgr.jpg?1

The lads kept up their great form in a busy month, winning 8 out of 8 in all competitions. We kicked off the month in the league with a solid 2-0 victory away at Newcastle. We proceed to seal top spot in the Champions League group stages after Fellaini and regen striker Kenan Aslan helped the team to a second consecutive 2-0 victory. Without delay, the team traveled across the world to take part in the Club World Championship and the boys added another piece of silverware to our trophy cabinet after a 1-0 victory against Corinthians in the final. Japanese magician Shinji Kagawa provided the winner.

We were back in Capital One Cup action after the Club World Championship triumph and the boys had to face a tough opposition in Arsenal. Danny Welbeck single handedly dragged the team through to the semi-finals after two fine efforts in a narrow 2-1 win. We wrapped up the month with three consecutive wins in the league in seven days against Norwich, Huddersfield and Wigan, scoring eight goals and conceding one.

After a great December, we sit three points behind Chelsea with three games in hand. Liverpool and Arsenal were back among the Champions League places at the season's half-way mark. Man City and Tottenham Hotspur complete a familiar looking top six.

Would love to read this but can't bring myself to unless your screenshots can be sorted? Most of page one and a couple on this page are missing. You know this already I'm sure - are they fixable?

The earlier screenshots will only be visible on 2nd of May after photobucket resets the account's bandwidth limit. I am afraid there is nothing I can do to fix this until then :( Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

On the bright side, the later posts will be visible as I have heeded forameuss's advice and switched to imgur :D

C1bAgp5.jpg

January 2017/2018 - Manchester United

Pqvf7wQ.jpg?1

K1qptUJ.jpg?1

January was another busy month with eight fixtures in total. We traveled to Stamford Bridge for our first game of the month and a late Wilfried Zaha goal saved us from a damaging defeat. Next, the youngsters beat York in the FA Cup and Zaha kept up his goal scoring run by bagging two goals in a 4-0 victory. The run of cup games continued as we faced Norwich in the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-finals. Nathan Redmond, Shinji Kagawa and Rafael helped the team to a 3-1 win at Old Trafford.

The lads had an off day in our next league fixture and Hull City managed to keep us out in a goal-less draw at the Theatre of Dreams. We had to improve in our next game against rivals Liverpool at Anfield and thankfully, the boys did in a morale boosting 2-0 win. A 0-0 draw against Norwich in the second leg saw us through to the Capital One Cup final and Reading awaits us at Wembley. We continued to progress in the FA Cup after a comfortable 3-0 home victory against Crystal Palace before wrapping up the month with a hard-fought 1-0 victory away at West Brom. Wayne Rooney finally broke his goal scoring drought with a corner which went straight in.

We stayed second, six points behind Chelsea with four games in hand. Newcastle dropped into the relegation zone following a wretched run of form.

C1bAgp5.jpg

February 2017/2018 - Manchester United

Uz9jczQ.jpg?1

vOTU8dY.jpg?1

We have gotten used to playing eight games a month and February was no different. The boys didn't start the month well and suffered our first league defeat of the season against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. We bounced back against Cardiff in Wales with a 3-0 victory before dropping another two points in the league against Southampton at Old Trafford.

The big Manchester derby was up next and Eric Dier's penalty was enough to seal all three points in a disciplined display from the lads. After the derby delight, we were back in FA Cup action against Crewe and it was the perfect game to nurse Danny Welbeck back to match fitness as he continued his comeback from injury with a great hat-trick. Anderlecht was drawn to be our first knock-out round opponent in the Champions League and the boys were held to a 1-1 draw in Belgium. In Tom Cleverley, I had a big game player and he grabbed the all important away goal in the first leg.

We ended the month on a high with two league victories against Crystal Palace and Watford to pull us within one point of leaders Chelsea. With two games in hand, it was a healthy position to be at this point of the season. Everton climbed into the top 4 after a fabulous February.

C1bAgp5.jpg

March 2017/2018 - Manchester United

iCXiwSr.jpg?1

3gb86Vu.jpg?1

We collected another piece of silverware at the start of March against Reading in the Capital One Cup final. It was nice going up against Man United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and goals from Aslan, Dier and Evans helped us to a comfortable 3-0 win. Back in the league, Tottenham visited Old Trafford where a Jan Vertonghen own goal was enough to give us all three points in another polished defensive display.

We faced Stoke in the FA Cup quarter finals and goals from Rooney and Chambers sent us through and a clash with our rivals Man City awaits us in the semis. Following the first leg 1-1 draw in Belgium, we had to improve to progress in the Champions League and the players responded in a 2-0 victory at the Theatre of Dreams.

The Magpies were our next visitors in the league and three goals from Powell, Dier and Welbs helped us to a 3-0 victory. However, we ended the month on a disappointing note as the boys defended badly for the first time this season. Everton beat us 3-2 at Goodison after we conceded from a corner and scored an own goal. As a result, we dropped back down to second behind Chelsea on goal difference. Everton continued to impress and stayed 4th ahead of City, Spurs and Liverpool.

R56P8c0.jpg

March 2018 - England

YPf787f.jpg?1

After a few months hiatus, England was back in action in a friendly against Norway as part of a number of warm up games before the World Cup. However, it was a dull match as the boys battled to a narrow 1-0 victory. False nine Danny Welbeck scored the winner \o/

C1bAgp5.jpg

April 2017/2018 - Manchester United

HvvVK02.jpg?1

eCUG1fp.jpg?1

We are out of the Champions League and I was absolutely gutted by the manner of our exit! After a great first leg win (2-0) at Old Trafford, Bayern Munich came roaring back in the deciding game and we simply couldn't find the all important away goal in the horrible 3-0 defeat. Thankfully, things were better on the domestic front and we started the April fixtures with a bang in a resounding 5-1 home victory against West Brom. Three wins and a draw in the next four league fixtures propelled us two points ahead of Chelsea with two games in hand. Danny Welbeck had a great month, scoring five in as many league games.

We are also through to the FA Cup finals! Man City was our semi-final opponents and the boys were terrific in a 4-1 victory after an early Rafael sending-off. Wayne Rooney, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Sami Khedira were the derby heroes on a great day for the fans.

Awards

fbGDPOZ.jpg?1

Great award to win for an English talent who has got a big role to play (England's first choice Anchor) in the upcoming world cup :)

zQ1O0bb.jpg?1

Another well-deserved golden glove for our brilliant number one :D

8gQZz7W.jpg?1

mRl4678.jpg?1

Great to have three players (De Gea, Smalling & Welbs) in the Team of the Year :)

Gi3VRQQ.jpg?1

Last but not least, extremely proud that the one club man has finally bagged the golden boot! \o/

C1bAgp5.jpg

May 2017/2018 - Manchester United

K0i3WRm.jpg?1

jDOv7S4.jpg?1

Everything went according to plan in May :) Things didn't get off to a great start as Aston Villa held us to a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford. Norwich were our next visitors and one club men Cleverley and Welbeck helped the team to a 3-0 victory. Welbs continued his great goal scoring run by grabbing a brace in another 3-0 home victory against Swansea. The win sealed the title with one game to go and the first team players were rested for the FA Cup final in a goal-less draw at Wigan.

We faced Norwich for the second time this month in the FA Cup final and despite them not posing a threat to our defense too much, the boys were finding it hard to break their well-drilled defense down. Thankfully, in the last minute of regular time, Danny Welbeck ghosted into the area to nod in Shinji Kagawa's pin-point cross to send the crowd into ruptures.

C1bAgp5.jpg

Season Review 2017/2018 - Manchester United

League

Final Table (Champions)

Chelsea pushed us a lot closer this season and our solid defense gave us a great platform to build on as we won the league by four points. Everton and Southampton qualified for the Champions League and Europa League respectively while our rivals City and Liverpool dropped out of Europe. Crystal Palace, Aston Villa :eek: and Huddersfield were relegated.

Capital One Cup (Winners)

YnwOGHr.jpg?1

We won the Capital One Cup again this year and apart from Arsenal, our journey was a smooth-sailing one as we overcame championship side Reading in the final.

FA Cup (Winners)

avqOQnQ.jpg?1

Having been knocked out by Derby at the first hurdle last season, I was determined to do well in the world's best domestic cup competition and the lads did me proud by reclaiming the trophy. We conceded a solitary goal throughout the competition and were deserving winners.

Champions League (Eliminated in quarter-finals)

9pJvX7k.jpg?1

Real disappointment this year. Perhaps it was complacency which caused our exit as our comfortable first leg lead was overturned by Bayern Munich. Was gutted to concede there goals in Germany as we conceded a mere two goals throughout the competition before the disappointing tie.

Players' Analysis

Squad Stats

I made tough decisions in the summer to sell key players like Mata and Moreno so as to give our young players more playing time. Apart from the Champions League disappointment, the gamble paid off and a couple of young players really stepped up to the plate.

Top 3 Players

Danny Welbeck

I simply couldn't ignore our top goal scorer and apart from the crucial goals, he added 11 assists in a hugely productive season. He will go into the World Cup as England's number one False Nine.

Eric Dier

As mentioned, Eric Dier was one of the young players who really upped their game this season and the Englishman's powerful ability in the air added ten crucial goals. Like Welbs, he will go into the World Cup as England's number one Anchor \o/

Nick Powell

His ability, physicality and understanding of the game improved by leaps and bounds this season. In addition, Nick Powell added end product to his game as he bagged 11 goals and 13 assists in 30 starts. Fantastic season from the attacking central midfield player and he is only 24 :D

Future Plans

To be honest, with the continuously disappointing youth intake, I am growing bored of life at Manchester and if a huge job from abroad comes along, I may take the leap of faith. Really looking forward to the World Cup as well \o/

R56P8c0.jpg

World Cup 2018 - England

NnQpPsp.jpg?1

C238xuv.jpg?1

Inevitably, despite the good start, the World Cup ended in disappointment :( We started off the campaign with a solid 1-1 draw against Germany before going on to beat Ghana 2-0 to put us in a great position to qualify. All three scorers were Man United players. In the last group game, the boys were on fire as we thrashed Japan 6-0, with Daniel Sturridge bagging a brace.

We were drawn against Mexico in the next round and there were no problems as the lads registered a 3-0 victory. Danny Welbeck and Eric Dier were the goal scorers. Italy awaited us in the quarter-finals and that was when the disappointment came. We matched the Italians throughout the game before a Ryan Bertrand error gifted them the win.

We go again.

C1bAgp5.jpg

Preseason 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Challenge for the title

UEFA Champions League: Reach the semi final

FA Cup: Reach the final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Community Shield: Not important

Similar expectations to that of last year. I am desperate to do better in the Champions League this time round after last season's disappointment. Would like to win the Community Shield as well as it is the only piece of silverware I have not won with United.

Budgets

Transfer: 187 million pounds

Wages: 3.6 million pounds

The budgets just keep increasing exponentially. However, the policy stays the same. Go English and promote players from the youth system through the ranks.

Transfers

hAfPqE9.jpg?1

Steven Caulker

Jack Butland

Another summer with big players leaving. David De Gea was offloaded to PSG as I wanted an English number 1. Jack Butland will be his replacement. Wayne Rooney was released and re-signed to reduce his wage demands. Steven Caulker was brought in for big money as Jonny Evans is ageing and I only have three centre-backs in the squad.

Preseason Friendlies

sLvlxcb.jpg?1

The Jonny Evans testimonial started our set of pre-season fixtures and easy games were organized as usual to boost morale and increase tactical familiarity. With pre-season done, I am absolutely fired up to win that Community Shield game against Chelsea!

C1bAgp5.jpg

August 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

XZHetHg.jpg?1

I have finally won my first Community Shield with United! After failing in the past two seasons, the lads were brilliant this time around against Chelsea in a 4-1 victory. Wayne Rooney, Rafael, Phil Jones and Shinji Kagawa were the goal scorers.

Next, we kicked off our league campaign against Hull City away and the boys played out a hard-fought 2-0 victory.

[video=youtube;URSrplKdec0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSrplKdec0

Great move and finish

As shown in the video above, Cleverley scored from a fantastic volley following a great team move to open the scoring. Last season's golden boot winner, Danny Welbeck, secured all three points with a penalty near the hour mark.

Welbs kept up his fantastic goal-scoring form in the last game of the month and the Norwich defense couldn't cope with his work rate and pace. He ended the game with a hat-trick and German powerhouse Sami Khedira towered home a Nathan Redmond cross in the 4-0 victory.

League Table

KcpRBTa.jpg?1

We sit top after two games but it is still early days. It was also nice seeing my old club Blackpool starting their season back in the top flight well as they sit in 6th place with four points from two games.

Champions League Group

hITHKiN.jpg?1

We were drawn into group A and there will be a lot of travelling to do with trips to Ukraine and Russia.

C1bAgp5.jpg

September 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

DUX8TDw.jpg?1

Not the best of months. We kicked off September with a routine 2-0 victory against Watford in the league and the lads got two scrappy goals through corners. Arsenal were the next visitors to Old Trafford and they got off to a great start by taking the lead early. One club man Tom Cleverley was the hero once again as he pounced to equalize and despite having more of the game, the boys couldn't find the all important winner.

Champions League was up next and we started with a bang, beating Celtic 5-0 at home. Nick Powell was sharp and managed to grab a brace. Back in the league, we suffered our first defeat of the season against our bogey team, Everton, who beat us last season as well. Steven Caulker had a torrid time and was at fault for both goals. The new signing will need more time to settle into life at Manchester and he has to do it quick.

Near Miss

In the Capital One Cup, Derby stunned everyone at Old Trafford and scored two goals in quick succession to go 2-0 up. Our youngsters were shell-shocked and I had to bring on Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney to steady the ship. Eventually, we managed to beat them 5-2 after extra-time as the lads narrowly avoided another shock cup exit to Derby. Next, it was vital to get back to winning ways in the league after one draw and one defeat and the boys didn't disappoint. Danny Welbeck in particular was on fire as he scored his second hat-trick of the season.

League Table

gv3vtp3.jpg?1

After dropping four points this month, it was no surprise to see us lingering in fourth place. Blackpool too suffered a dip in form as they dropped down to 14th by the end of September. Much improvement needed for both clubs.

R56P8c0.jpg

September & October 2018 - England

yrjtaR3.jpg?1

After the World Cup exit, we warmed up for the European Championship Qualifiers with a narrow 1-0 friendly win against Colombia, with Danny Welbeck grabbing the winner. The lads kicked off the qualifiers on a high with a 4-0 home victory against Belarus before travelling to Armenia to win convincingly. We wrapped up the October fixtures with a 2-0 victory at Wembley against Lithuania with the help of a Wilfried Zaha brace.

Table

ZGOHJLs.jpg?1

After three games, We sit top with nine points. Our strongest opponent in the group, Russia, is five points behind with a game in hand.

C1bAgp5.jpg

October 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

uU428Sf.jpg?1

An unbeaten October but we dropped more valuable points in the league to fall further behind. After a long trip to Russia, we were held by Zenit in a goal-less draw. Back at home, the lads bagged all three points in a 2-0 win against Cardiff, with goals from Danny Welbeck and Steven Caulker. A short trip to Wigan saw us bag another three points and the two goal scorers in the earlier game scored in their second consecutive game. Tom Cleverley added a third in a 3-1 win.

It was vital to win at home in the Champions League group stage and that was exactly what the boys did as we beat Shakhtar 4-0 at the Theatre of Dreams. Back in the league, we dropped another two points in Wales against Swansea in a dull goal-less draw. We ended the month progressing in the Capital One Cup at the expense of Wigan.

League Table

fR3WPSR.jpg?1

We stayed fourth but fell further behind in terms of points after dropping points against Swansea. I foresee a long hard season playing catch up to Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea. Blackpool's bad run continued as they slipped down to 15th.

C1bAgp5.jpg

November 2018/2019 - Manchester United

Fixtures

NBdo1aQ.jpg?1

Same old same old. We managed to stay unbeaten throughout November but fell a further point behind the leaders in the league. We struggled to overcome opponents at home against Southampton and Ipswich in two narrow 1-0 wins before dropping more points in the Manchester derby in a goal-less draw.

Champions League

On a brighter note, we have sealed top spot in our Champions League group after drawing 0-0 in Ukraine against Shakhtar before narrowly overcoming Celtic in a 1-0 win. Phil Jones came off the bench to slot home the winner.

League Table

9t81Fjy.jpg?1

As mentioned, we are now five points behind leaders Arsenal after two wins and a draw in November. Blackpool continued to slide down the table and they are now precariously above the relegation zone in 17th place.

I read you're looking for a new challenge, any preferences?

A big-ish club in Italy/Spain/Germany would make me leave United at the end of this season! I was prepared to leave last season but no jobs were available :(

Good luck closing in on Arsenal.

Thank you mate! Certainly the toughest league season yet!

Archived